Why don't conservatives understand the greenhouse effect?

Every conservative I talk to just doesn't understand the greenhouse effect.

>Hi, do you believe in climate change?
>No, there's no way that humans are making it hotter the earth already goes through natural heating and cooling cycles!
>That's true but the greenhouse effect doesn't just add heat, it traps heat in the atmosphere by not allowing heat to dissipa-
>NOT MAN MADE! NOT MUH CLIMATE!
>but global heat levels are steadily rising and correlates to humanity using more natural gas. Sea leveling are rising, Arctic ice is melting at an unprecede-
>BUT IT SNOWED IN X STATE
>You're confusing climateand weather. Increases global temperatures can cause extreme weather patterns across the globe. Having snow in unusual places further confirms climate change theory.

At this point they're almost always end up with ad hom attacks and try to change topic. What makes this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

thegatewaypundit.com/2017/07/scientist-michael-mann-commits-contempt-court-climate-science-trial-century/
omicsonline.org/open-access/New-Insights-on-the-Physical-Nature-of-the-Atmospheric-Greenhouse-Effect-Deduced-from-an-Empirical-Planetary-Temperature-Model.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=52KLGqDSAjo&list=PL82yk73N8eoX-Xobr_TfHsWPfAIyI7VAP&index=1
climate.nasa.gov/news/2436/co2-is-making-earth-greenerfor-now/
nature.com/nature/journal/v519/n7543/full/nature14283.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's what happens when people think science is "fake".

It's not that I don't understand. It's that I just don't care.

well maybe because you are braindead shill

more like religion and we should thank liberal fanatics

>I'm not dumb i just don't care about destroying my own environment
That's called being stupid

What an idiotic response. As if you didn't whine about liberals being worried about it on a daily basis.
Are you too stupid to see the difference between the scientific method and taking things on faith alone? Did you even graduate highschool?

But I don't think climate change is a matter of belief or disbelief. It's a real phenomena and we should be aware of it and try to curb it. That said, the United States can only do so much to prevent these changes on it's own. If the UN would impose and somehow have a way of enforcing the changes necessary to make a difference than I would be completely on board with it. As it stands however, forcing the changes on Americans without a guarantee that other nations will be held to the same standards, with real consequences, puts the United States at an economic disadvantage we can not handle at the moment.

That said, I'm all for research into alternative energies. It would be great if some of the spending on things like welfare were diverted toward new green research. If we could find a way to both remain competitive on the world stage, and do our part for the environment that would be ideal.

Go protest a volcano, retard.

As it stands however, forcing the changes on Americans without a guarantee that other nations will be held to the same standards, with real consequences, puts the United States at an economic disadvantage we can not handle at the moment.
You don't think becoming a world leader in renewable resources might alleviate economic disparity? Because if we continue to avoid tackling climate change, another country will take that role.

it's raining and cold in the summer
i sure could use some of that global warming those liberals are so excited about

libshits don't understand the Sun is a volatile nuclear explosion in the sky not a thermostat you can set. When you can't get that basic premise across, or the fact that the Earth has gone through dramatic shifts in temperature far before humans ever roamed. I'm not saying we should pollute the environment, and should do our best to leave 'zero impact'. But back to the original point. who cares about these lunatics? They should be ostracized from society. They need to start being shamed for how dangerously stupid their thought processes are.
>muh Russia

Becoming a world leader in alternative energy might actually work against us short term. We've built the petrodollar, it runs the world. A sudden shift in economic power like that would likely send us to war, or send other countries to war as their economies destabilize and they're forced to do something. I'm not a globalist by any means, but the whole would be better off if they worked together to improve the technology's efficiency and implemented the infrastructure needed to support it at a steady even pace throughout the superpowers. I'd prefer not to go to all out war with russia and china because our new super efficient solar farms have removed us completely from the petro system and thrown their economies out of whack.

>libshits don't understand the Sun is a volatile nuclear explosion in the sky not a thermostat you can set. When you can't get that basic premise across, or the fact that the Earth has gone through dramatic shifts in temperature far before humans ever roamed.
Your argument is that because the sun is a nuclear furnace we can't predict how it affects earth?

Can we not observe and derive patterns from it, like every other fucking science? What do you think data is? How can you be this moronic.

>work against us short term
Why bother about the long term when the short term is all that matters amirite? You must be a politiconomical supergenius, predicting everything that could possibly happen with such accuracy.

((1 post by this ID))

the truth is that
>feedback effects from increased CO2 are not well understood
>computer climate models have all greatly overpredicted warming. take any currently popular model and I guarantee in 20 years it will have completely overshot
>the end steady state for climate, if there is one, is not known
>it's not clear that a warmer climate is necessarily even a problem, the net effect could well be positive (e.g. increased rainfall in areas that are currently not arable)
>the cost of halting CO2 increase may be far greater than the cost of simply dealing with any potential effects (e.g. evacuating a few pacific islands)

The short term is how the leadership is going to think no matter who is in charge because choosing our leadership is nothing but a popularity contest. Looking at it from any other perspective is pointless unless you have some way of suddenly replacing every member of the government with people who think and feel exactly as you do.

The problem is liberals make it sound like we'll all be extinct in the next 10 years if we don't immediately start doing something, which is bs.

You state this like a fact, but it's not. This is your theory, your idea of how things work. Can you not consider that you could be incorrect?

Let's be real, a lot of people on each side a really fucking stupid. Then the rest are capable but unwilling to evaluate the scientific minutiae. Most people right or left just embrace one side and talk past other.

FUck off with your lust for carbon taxing.

>liberal can't understand different viewpoint
>starts calling anybody that disagrees anti science
>other person finally calls you a cunt
>ad hominem ad hominem

Apparently you've never talked to a leftard.

Oh look you wrote down your arguments with strawmen in green text. Very cute that mr.imaginary man wasn't able to tell you that correlation is not causation, too bad!

Meanwhile, what are your thoughts on the author of the original hockey stick graph being held in contempt of court last week for refusing to turn over his climate data by a judge?

thegatewaypundit.com/2017/07/scientist-michael-mann-commits-contempt-court-climate-science-trial-century/

And while I have you here, how about climate gate? a few thousand emails between climate scientists at the ipcc leaked and they were caught discussing how to hide their data from FOIA requests, discussing how to use "mikes trick" to distort interpretation of the data, and generally behaving unscientifically to protect their jobs?

There's just no reason to be concerned about any of that, and we should swallow everything they dole out right?

Fine on everything else but if you actually believe the arctic melt will cause significant sea level rises then you're an idiot. That's genuine scaremongering.

Correlation is not causation! Says the libtard (except when it suits them).

This

It's not stupid, retard. It's a choice. Stupid is believing propaganda, like muh global warming, errrrr, muh climate change.

Just like gravity is theory.

[spoiler]^:)[/spoiler]

Oh no another country will be le climade chang leader!

And the US will profit from it.

I throw ball up in air, it comes down. Clear cause and effect. Remember, correlation isn't causation. :^)

Even if man made climate change was real, the estimates by the australian government show that eve lowering the temperature by a half to 1 degree would require ridiculous amounts of money to the point where it's just impossible to do.

In short, even if it was real, it's unstoppable, there is nothing that can be done.

CO2 is by far the weakest greenhouse gas and has already reached 75% of its 2°C temperature saturation point.
Meanwhile we build more oil and coal power plants because not one leftard understands nuclear and is afraid that power plants that can't meltdown blowup.

>chemist discovers CO2 reacts to UV light decades ago
>Environmental scientist hippies take a giant leap saying that CO2 leads to global warming
There are other greenhouse gases that aren't man made, or that are also made by other animals
I'm not a "denialist" but go fuck yourself

lol you can see where WW2 increased the temperature. 2 nukes ought to heat things up a bit

>southern Brazil
>São Paulo

I'm guessing all these other comparisons really are quite reliable.

Fuck you agenda 21 pushing NWO cunt. Let the niggers drown in oceans that have risen 6 million meters above their current level, I don't give a fuck, white man will adapt.

Why don't liberals understand chromosomes or evolution?

because the question is always framed as 'do you believe' - belief is irrelevant to science

asking ignorant people their opinion on technical topics beyond their level of education is no way to run a country

>Every conservative I talk to just doesn't understand the greenhouse effect.
No libtard I've spoken with can come up with a single scientist who is willing to state on record just how much of the current warming trend is definitely attributable to human activity and how much is natural.
When you can definitively tell me what percentage of the warming trend is human in origin then we can talk about punitive measures (carbon taxes) to lower outputs.

Ignoring obsequious attitude, the reason is basically that it's not credible, persuasive or "settled".

Most "models" involve extreme assumption and complexity of variables which aren't barely understood, then fed through long term economic models, which have never been correct and nobody should EVER believe in.

Sure, climate change exists - the medieval warm period, little ice age, various ice ages and climatological changes through out history - but there's one question that evades all climate change scientists, believers, and "science" popularizers like Nye and De Grasse Tyson;

How much, exactly, is down to human activity?

Probably because eventually much science becomes so complicated that you can no longer account for or control variables or prove anything through experimentation and you ultimately fall back to correlation=causation.

Even if you bought global warming hook, line and sinker you'd still need to argue that the suggested actions will actually do anything worthwhile. Would the same trends happen with or without people existing? How much emission would need to be cut to actually fix the problem, or is it simply buying time and how much? Valid scientific study has been hijacked by political agenda to the point where it's indistinguishable from religion. "You're on your way to hell, but if you do what I want then you can trust that everything will work out alright."

Every Liberal I talk to just doesn't understand Eugenics.
Maybe we do understand climate change but We still think mass immigration will fuck us first.

People do, but what the fuck can we do to fix it? The Paris accords? They're a bad joke dumping billions of dollars into a promise of developing nations to just not increase their emissions and China even promising to INCREASE their coal industry. Even if liberals understand it they don't do shit to fix the fucking problem. They don't want to invest in nuclear power, they don't realize that in order to protect the climate it must be a global effort and they don't want to actually call out other countries for doing far worse to the climate than the US. Just because a group goes around screeching autistically about a problem doesn't mean they actually have half a fucking clue to fixing it.

>it took 200 years for the world to warm up by 1 degree Celcius
This is why liberals are all retarded.
While they are out there hugging tree, the people who can actually make a difference are all working inside laboratories.

200 more years and we would have strip-mined the planet to make spaceship to jump to 1000 other Earth-like planets around the galaxy.

Ever hear the story of the boy who cried wolf?

We need civilization to end in a massive calamity

Oh look another climate alarmist wants to ignore and avoid the fact that climate scientists are constantly being caught lying and hiding data. Imagine my shock

science is a religion

my man

>Every conservative I talk to just doesn't understand the greenhouse effect.

We understand it just fine. We simply want you to burn. Preferably in an oven. But Earth will do in a pinch.

1 post by this ID.

If everyone just stopped responding to threads with 1 post IDs we could clean this place up immensely.

>>Every conservative I talk to just doesn't understand the greenhouse effect.

the 'greenhouse effect' has been proven false
the assumption that greenhouse gases warm the atmosphere by trapping heat – is wrong.

omicsonline.org/open-access/New-Insights-on-the-Physical-Nature-of-the-Atmospheric-Greenhouse-Effect-Deduced-from-an-Empirical-Planetary-Temperature-Model.pdf

Why don't liberals understand the nigger problem?
Every liberal I talk to just doesn't understand that niggers are criminals.

>Hi, do you believe in segregation?
>No, there's no way you can be separate but equal!
>That's true, but niggers have criminal tendencies and didn't evolve to be in society. They are clearly sub-
>INSTITUTIONAL OPPRESSION! MUH GHETTOS!
>But nignogs murder in vastly higher proportions than whites, have lower IQs on average, and interracial societies generally do poorly comp-
>BUT BARACK OBAMA GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE AND BECAME THE PRESIDENT!
>You're confusing racism with race realism. Most of these traits are a spectrum, not discrete, meaning they follow standard distribution. Having a handful of smart niggers further confirms the data that supports niggers being subhuman.

At this point they almost always end with ad hominem attacks and try to change the topic. What makes this happen?

Can you provide a source for that?

Make this a pasta

>Hi, do you believe in climate change?
This is retarded.

well in my case I understand this effect but the models have predicted inaccurately for the last two decades the increase in runaway warming effects caused by a feedback loop that is critical in the global warming arguement.

I wouldnt care about "muh climate change" when China and India alone are responsible for 50% of emissions worldwide

Well, the fact of the matter is both sides are kind of right but won't acknowledge it.

Heating and cooling of the earth has demonstrably happened before we wuz kangz, but the industrial revolutions around the world, plus the fact there are 7 billion people on the planet, has sped this process up. To say climate change is solely caused by humans is moronic, but to flat out deny any human involvement is equally retarded

It already is.
Look:

Why don't liberals understand the nigger problem?
Every liberal I talk to just doesn't understand that niggers are criminals.

>Hi, do you believe in segregation?
>No, there's no way you can be separate but equal!
>That's true, but niggers have criminal tendencies and didn't evolve to be in society. They are clearly sub-
>INSTITUTIONAL OPPRESSION! MUH GHETTOS!
>But nignogs murder in vastly higher proportions than whites, have lower IQs on average, and interracial societies generally do poorly comp-
>BUT BARACK OBAMA GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE AND BECAME THE PRESIDENT!
>You're confusing racism with race realism. Most of these traits are a spectrum, not discrete, meaning they follow standard distribution. Having a handful of smart niggers further confirms the data that supports niggers being subhuman.

At this point they almost always end with ad hominem attacks and try to change the topic. What makes this happen?

This. Humans at most account for half of the minuscule change in temperature. Most likely a lot less.

>on the verge of entering a mini ice age
>stop warming the Earth!
no

What are we comparing those 1C and 0.5C temps to? 100 years? How do we know that 100 years are even relevant when the earth is billion years old?

Falling back on the "extreme weather patterns" argument is just another goalpost moving tactic by the left. Just how they changed from "global warming" to "climate change" back in the 90s.

OP I recommend you read The Corruption of Climate Science by Tim Ball for further edification.

You need to relax a bit and spend less time on this fuming turd of a board.

Does "caring about the environment" give you the warm fuzzies? AGW is an incredibly transparent, fraudulent hoax. Go be stupid at reddit.

If you hate it, gtfo

1 post by this ID you faggots. Sage

>>the earth already goes through natural heating and cooling cycles!
>you call them denier
>you are too stupid to know the meanings of the words you use
"denier" is a propaganda term, it's the flag that tells me you're a cultist and not a scientist, that you're an emotional wreck with a weak mind, not someone who can think reasonably or rationally.
now gtfo out of here, faggot, we aren't interested in your snake oil religion.

you know how everyone in pol says "military officials" and then laughs at the fake news?
they buy the same thing hook line and sinker when its climatealogical cassandras.

force any polfag who doesn't understand climate change to sit through this redpill.

youtube.com/watch?v=52KLGqDSAjo&list=PL82yk73N8eoX-Xobr_TfHsWPfAIyI7VAP&index=1

The climate on earth changes often, and a lot, and it might be a problem. Idon't buy it because the (((science))) is sketchy at best, and the (((scientists))) happen to be known dirty fire-pantsed liars. Let's take the naive route on that one though and suppose that climate change is something we must fix right the fuck now. You know what historically has never fixed anything ever? Regulation. See...you want to give government the responsibility, and thus the power, to control the weather....Nigga is you daft?
You want the federal government, who cant sort out BASIC SUPPLY CHAIN CHALLENGES DURING A RAIN STORM (fema) to control the weather? The fuck is wrong witchu nigga?
Nah fuck that, imma slap the shit outchu if you come at me with that triflin ass global warming bullshit.

If humans were around 65 million years ago I'd bet you'd be donating money to the save the dinosaurs campaign. The hubris of man never fails to amaze me, thinking we can control something as grand in scale as the constantly changing atmosphere of a massive 4.5 billionaire n year old rock. Climate isn't static you moron, it changes on its own. Christ, even land masses change. Ever heard of Pangea? Or did you skip that class for gender oppression studies?

>durrr
see see

>implying I care what happens to this piece of shit planet once I'm dead

>1 post by this user
It's another one of these threads, don't forget your sages

Look mate, climate change is a lot like getting fat. You get fat(manufacturing, industrialized economu), doctors prescribe diet pills(green energy) which doesn't do crap, you keep telling it it's ok it happens and you only start to change when heart disease comes knocking around. You ain't gonna accomplish shit raising awareness, fat people know the implications but that doesn't stop them from shoving food down their throat. People aren't going to give up their comforts until the threat is greater than them, just sit and watch

even if he cant there is evidence for green effects strongly from climate change, but the problem about climate change is severe weather like hurrricanes and droubts, and these will harm the plants and ecologies.

This is why so many moderates don't give a Fuck about climate change.

All anons review how he responded, this is why a majority of moderates and right leaning individuals so not take climate change as serious and bleeding heart liberals and the media.

You don't just call someone stupid because they don't accept climate change as "BELIEVE OR YOU HATE SCIENCE AND WANT TO KILL US ALL"

You over reactionary faggots can link all the studies and theories you 2any but so far NONE of the predictions and "resolutions" has been able to come up with a realistic economic model to further cement their findings. On top of that you have people like me who believe their is climate change but there is NOTHING we can do and anything we do will not make a lock of difference. I believe pollution is from him and is part of climate change and we are affecting stuff like ecosystems. But you faggot millenials have been brainwashed to blindly accept the Climate Change THEORIES as facts.

Fun fact: moderates don't even put climate change in their top 5 issues.

But keep telling people who don't believe your version of climate change are idiots. You morons don't realize it just pushed more moderates away when you can't even accept there is a open argument here. Shutting the argument down is why Hillary and the smug liberals lost. People are sick of not being given a voice and this voting against it immediately cause of idiots like you user.

Go Fuck yourself.

but we have. they're called sun cycles you fucking moron. never said it was unpredictable. way to be, though.

climate.nasa.gov/news/2436/co2-is-making-earth-greenerfor-now/

For now goym

Stupid dumb newfag scum, clearly you don't understand funposting.
CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL YOU GUYZ, WHY ELSE WOULD THE POOL BE CLOSED

CO2 absorption of plants increases exponentially with increasing temperatures. Why is this never discussed?

> "Guys, guys the Earth is warming and we have to stop it!"
> "Oh yeah by the way we're already fucked and climate change is irreversible now."
> "But we still have to stop it!"

I feel you man, if we're already too far gone then what's the point?

>heh, let me tell you about a conversation that never happened
Please neck yourself

Because it doesn't matter?
We can observe the total CO2 in the atmosphere and it keeps rising. Therefore, the earth will keep warming.
Plants cannot absorb enough CO2 to prevent this.

The Amazon is already failing as a Carbon Sink

nature.com/nature/journal/v519/n7543/full/nature14283.html

We have to stop burning fossil fuels and we have to do it quickly. There is no debate here, unless you also think fossil fuels are infinite resources.

hmmmm so Scientific papers are good sources when they agree with your point?

Interesting how this paper isn't a hoax.

Besides, the planet greening doesn't fucking matter. Because again CO2 is still rising and the planet is still warming.

Increased CO2 also acidifies the ocean, destroying marine ecosystems. Are a few extra trees worth the life in the oceans? I don't think so. The planet was green enough before fossil fuels.

This

Fucking tards worship at the altar of al gore.

Why don't libtards understand "Nature"?

Its electrical not nuclear. Stop being retarded

This. I literally have a PhD in geosciences and get called stupid by some faggot who hasn't finished his soc degree because I don't think we're all gonna die in five years from climate change.

You are an idiot.
Oh, and the (((governments))) and (((organizations))) you blindly listen to regarding muh climate change are the ones preventing actual viable alternative energy sources from taking hold. I'm not going to provide sources, just lurk moar.

Our reliance on fossil fuel is too great. Millions of lives would be lost without it and developing countries would become stagnant. We will eventually reduce our need for fossil fuel, but right now we can't go without it

All I would need to see is scientists provide quantifiable data that proves the extent of anthropological effect on climate change.

You can't because it doesn't exist.

Until then it is a scam.

>Increases global temperatures can cause extreme weather patterns across the globe. Having snow in unusual places further confirms climate change theory.
So trapping "greenhouse gases" makes some places colder and others warmer? How do you get one effect on a climate in one area, then an opposite effect a few latitude lines higher? Increasing temps might slightly affect the formation of storms or desiccation of land in desert-like areas, but it would also cause the melting of some permafrost areas and exposure of land in the north of Canada and Russia that was not previously usable. If you get temp increase, you don't get random temp decrease/snow in areas that haven't seen snow before.
This is also an affect that would arise from the natural temp cycles of the earth as affected by the sun, and not necessarily because we released some more CO2 (that algae/plants need anyway).

>Your argument is that because the sun is a nuclear furnace we can't predict how it affects earth?
The point is that the sun's affect on earth is much much bigger than anything we've done with our industry in terms of temperature. However, we can avoid pouring chemicals and trash into the environment that are toxic to ourselves and other life. Regulations should be about trash and poisons, not about the earth's temp.

Live on a green planet, without CO2. Pick only one, you fucking retard. And please provide one factual, proven and verifiable data supporting your bullshit theory about CO2 driving up the T. Or provide one example of a computer model prediction that didn't turn out to be completely and horribly wrong. I'll be waiting.

Liberals don't get common sense they only speak in smug talk this is why they are going to keep losing and fail to address their party issues.

But Fucking ridiculous cause I can't even have this discussion with my friends because they are so Damn brainwashed from the schools and such. I'm still technically a millenial at 25 but I don't act like the newer millenials born in the late 90s. They act like climate change is fact when any body with half a brain knows that not every scientist believes climate change is the biggest Fucking issue on the planet.

This

Also the US dollar depends on countries trading the USD for oil. The petroleum industry is the only thing keeping this country afloat