Debate Degeneracy

I have just come from the Weimar Republic degeneracy thread. Riddle me this, Sup Forums - why should I not be a degenerate? And before I get assailed with "muh eternal damnation in the fiery pits of Hell", let's come at me with purely secular and rational reasons as to why I should not be a degenerate.

Why shouldn't I go out to bars and drink myself into a dizzy frenzy? Why shouldn't I pick up girls and take them back to my place to fuck? Why shouldn't I smoke marijuana or do shrooms here or there for fun? Why shouldn't I date more than one woman at the same time?

Why should I sacrifice all the fun I can have, and all the memories I can create with my buddies, and all the sexual experience I can gather? You sacrifice something because you expect a delayed payout...but in this case, what's the payout?? Why should I sacrifice this lifestyle for some ambiguous notion of "chastity" and "righteousness" and "tradition"? WHY? Is there any actual reason for it, or is it just a moral complex you all have?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crack_epidemic.
beyondblackwhite.com/59-black-women-multiple-fathers-im-one/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not pol, just a lefty fag who happens to agree on them in this one minor thing (hedonism)

A lot of pol ironically accuses me of hedonism while practicing it, and you should have fun op. but you should try to limit the ways you have fun to sustainable ways. sure fireworks sometimes is great, but you want to experiance the same thing every day? it becomes like a drug or a habit. something you do because it used to make you happy or feel fulfilled. Great minds have done pot or drugs, great minds have had more than one marriage, great minds have even cheated. but those things don't HELP you achieve greatness for yourself or others, most of the time, they distract you. If all you care about is wasting away your life in hedonism thats your choice. I'm not pol so I don't think you should be lynched for it. but there are reasons other than muh christianity. Pol's spiritual level is mainly about escaping this and learning to take joy and pride in traditional things. this isn't the only option. but the best advice I can give to you that follows in pols foot steps is to dedicate some of your time and create something. wood carvings, video games, sewing, whatever you are interested in. Create it, invest your time in it. don't let your livelyhood be work, hoes, and beer.

and keep your room clean

If nothing matters, you should do all that stuff and then kill yourself.

>why should I not be a degenerate?
Because your actions impact the world around you. There's a reason it is called degeneration. You selfish actions makes everything around you worse.

>Why shouldn't I go out to bars and drink myself into a dizzy frenzy
Who has to deal with you while you're in a drunken stupor? Your parents? Your siblings? Your friends? Your society?

>Why shouldn't I pick up girls and take them back to my place to fuck?
There's loads of books and studies on this but the tl;dr version is because you're creating the next batch of man-hating feminists.

>Why shouldn't I smoke marijuana or do shrooms here or there for fun?
For all the same reasons why you shouldn't booze it up plus ask yourself this: Do you really know what is in that joint you're about to smoke? Are you certain that mushroom you're about to consume is the right kind?

>Why should I sacrifice all the fun I can have, and all the memories I can create with my buddies, and all the sexual experience I can gather? You sacrifice something because you expect a delayed payout...but in this case, what's the payout?? Why should I sacrifice this lifestyle for some ambiguous notion of "chastity" and "righteousness" and "tradition"? WHY? Is there any actual reason for it, or is it just a moral complex you all have?

morals exist for a reason.
Every civilisation ended with a period of decadence and cultral decline.
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

1- Pleasure is fleeting. It doesn't bring long lasting benefits. You feel it at the time and then it is gone.
2- Pleasure can't make you happy. You can have all the pleasure in the world and be unhappy (think of depressive rockstars that have all the pleasure they want but are still unhappy). You can live a simple life and be happy (think of some Buddhist monks).
3- Desiring pleasure can make you unhappy. Why? Because if you fail at satisfying your desires, you will feel unhappy. If you do succeed, you will only satisfy your desires for a while and later they will grow stronger. Socrates used the example of a leeking jar. When you indulge in your desires, you end increasing the size of the rabit hole.

Who said nothing matters? It's not about nothing mattering, it's about enjoying life aside from the daily slavery and toil that you go through just to keep your head above water.

>morals exist for a reason.
>Every civilisation ended with a period of decadence and cultral decline.

It's not like me abstaining from degeneracy (fun) is going to change the world. It will only change me, and I alone cannot change the world. It will only result in me missing out on the fun I could be having. Life sounds boring, sitting on an island of nobility, all alone

also hedonism destroys essential things like the nucleair family drugs will destroy entire community's look at the nigger community and the crack crisis of the.
1980'sen.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crack_epidemic.
and the consequences for that.
beyondblackwhite.com/59-black-women-multiple-fathers-im-one/

People have known for a long time that degeneracy is the way to misery. It's not like all the old rules were designed to make people be miserable. They evolved as rules because violating them has proven time and time again to cause disaster for individuals and society.

>It's not like me abstaining from degeneracy (fun) is going to change the world. It will only change me, and I alone cannot change the world. It will only result in me missing out on the fun I could be having. Life sounds boring, sitting on an island of nobility, all alone

it is not you alone its the combined actions of allowing everybody to sink in the rabit hole that we get things like tranny children and the destruction of the nucleair family.

also why do you think that a hedonistic lifestyle leads to happyness? it leads to the exact opposite you will find yourself old and battered with having acomplished nothing in life especialy the case with drug addicts.

>, it's about enjoying life aside from the daily slavery and toil that you go through just to keep your head above water.

what makes you think that people in the 1960 to 1950's wherent happy?

agian why do you assume hedonism is the only way to have fun?

I have no intentions of becoming a drug addict...or destroying families. I just want to go out on a Friday night, get a little fucked up, and make out with some girls and take one home for a nice romp. How does that destroy families and cause a meaningless lifestyle? Assume that I'm career-oriented and otherwise successful, and I'm doing well for myself. I'm young and I'm capable of engaging in that "degeneracy". I can accomplish lots, while also having that sort of fun.

Are you saying that everyone who ever slept around, drank, or did drugs accomplished nothing?

If hedonism is not the only way to have fun then what's your version of a Friday night? What do you do with your friends? How do you meet and entertain women. In Canada 'partying' is woven very deeply into the culture, especially alongside drinking and weed.

>not pol, just a lefty fag
thanks for getting me killed faggot

where is the weimar republic degeneracy thread?

And yes dont be one becouse you will burn in hell for an eternity

i read manga and somethimes play some vidya games.

i you cant see why yourself then tis already too late for you

>make out with some girls
>How does that destroy families

Watch as boomers die sooner than their parents. I'm seeing this already in areas. The hedonistic lifestyle of the hippies is going to catch up to them.

what the fuck
is that real?

what do you think isnt it obvius?

the more a girl or guy sleeps around the less loyal she will be to her partner and more likelyhood for cheating.

I enjoy going to see live jazz with my girlfriend or having a few drinks with old friends. Prepping for a weekend camping trip or a beer brewing day on the odd week here and there.

Idk I didn't really think about that. Huh

Drinking is not degenerate depending on how you go about it
Other hobby suggestions:
>Hunting
>Basicly all sports
>Hiking
>Gym
>Reading
So much to do user!

well i dont blame you information and statistics about that is not realy well known.

You have never seen Canadians drink, then.

I do read a lot
I hike when I can, but I live in a suburb, so...
I have always wanted to go hunting!

being degenerate will drag you away from emotional fulfilment.

It depends on what you see as "degeneracy". Blind hedonism is destructive no matter the context; if you want proof just look at your average American party school. There's nothing inherently wrong with drinking, smoking weed, or getting laid as long as it's done in moderation and doesn't become your lifestyle.

>as it's done in moderation

>the moderation meme.
weed is enherently addictive the same with alcohol.

as proven here by my post these things are extremely destructive on a societal standard.

That's what I'm saying, though. Sup Forums acts (and my religious family in general acts) as if engaging in any of those things, at all, will somehow destroy you and is ultimately reprehensible to participate in. But how can it be so bad when, in moderation, it's so fun...

You don't need to party all the time, every single Friday night. Also see I'd never get into a relationship with a girl that goes clubbing. Last girl I was with wanted to be 'young, wild and free'. I cut her off.

If you specifically want nighttime stuff, go dancing (have a couple drinks, don't overdo it), play a sport like basketball, ultimate frisbee, soccer, or baseball, see a movie, have dinner with your friends (a fun variant is a potluck with people you've just met or otherwise don't know very well), get together and play some video games, go on an excursion (nature or not) and see the sunset, join a social club,
etc. Non-degenerate choices are limited only by your willingness to try them.

If you have sex with a girl who you are in love with, who you want to spend the rest of your life with, things will be much better than that girl you knock up at a party. That 'fun' is the desire for the former being stitched onto the latter. This really messes you up.

Most people who drink alcohol aren't alcoholics... I feel like you're just making up excuses to push this "no fun allowed" hard-assedness.
>enherently

There are many studies that agree that you are hurting chances for long-term stability. Sure, you might still be fine, but why hurt your chances and those of your children while bringing down the societal standard?

As for alcohol and drugs, again this is only 'fun' because it is an escape from your life. Drugs and alcohol are both ways of cheating to get to what you want most in life. The thing is, you will never get what you want most from life from alcohol and drugs. As soon as the effects wear off, you are no closer then you were before.

>You have never seen Canadians drink, then.
You're saying this to a Belgian we're in top 5problem drinkers worldwide.
I understand though i guess most of first world drinks alot how the hell can u stay sane.

As for the others yeah i van only hunt here for 3 months otherwise sometimes we meet up and shoot stuff always Fun. Also you're Lucky to life in Canada hiking wise.. Belgian nature is not really that special and mainly good for just cycling.

Closer to what

The desire to be understood, listened to, paid attention too. The desire to understand, to know and to really connect with people.
The desire to be able to let go and just be yourself.

Because those actions actually take a toll on both your physical and mental health.

You know, if it was only physical, I don't think a lot of people would mind (despite the fact that I could argue against it if I had to), but when those things start to change you as a person, it also starts to affect your surroundings.

Drink yourself to a dizzy frenzy? You can kill someone drunk diving, get into a fight and harm someone else, you can potentially fuck up your friendships while drunk.

Pick up girls and take them back to fuck? STDs exist. Because by doing so, if you just dump them lying, you are giving feminazis ammunition. Believe it or not, sometimes the slippery slope fallacy is true, specially when it comes to sex, and you'll find yourself craving weirder and weirder things.

Do drugs? They have long term side effects, at least if consumed regularly. Not to mention that shrooms can send you in horrible trips (trust me on this one) and you can do terrible shit while on it.

Why not polygamy? Because the world is not ready for it, and possibly never will be. We are biologically hardwired to both want multiple partners and yet have them all be faithful. It also makes the concept of a family and turns it upside down, destroying the most important foundation of society.

Bottom line, why should you sacrifice all the fun you can have? Because it's the right thing to do. You are forgetting that morality isn't just something we create at random. Morality is a psychological concept we create about what benefits society as a whole and what doesn't. All of these things you are describing harm humanity on some level.

This is the rational answer, and I'm afraid you don't care about one. You seem to have already made up your mind.

Because user, short term satisfaction is nnothinng compared to long term satisfaction. I know I have done both.
When I drank alot and partied it was alot more of an escape from my problems, it was not really about fun. I ate alot of junk to satisfy my primal needs, but I was never happy.
Then I started hiking, I started gym, I started all kinds of hobbies that required time and painn nand dedication. But when I saw results the satisfaction was beyond anything I ever experienced.
Hedonism is just appeasing your most basic desires immediatly, and soon this becomes your normal life. You arent happy, you're just depressed when you're sober.

It can be harmful to your body, self harm harms people around you mentally, since they can't really do anything to restrain you from doing it, thus feeling inadequate and frustrated from not being able to help you. Degeneracy is selfish, human beings inately wanna help people, especially friends and family, you being degenerate, "triggers" brain chems that cause those feelings, and consitutes as it's own form of mental torture upon another. I mean sure some people honestly wouldn't care, but most people will, especially if it's friends and family. Strangers that tell you not to be degenerate want to prevent that sort of mental torture upon others.

Because these are all short term pleasures with long term consequences.

premarital sex - while not as harmful if you are a guy; however, you can bring herpes and other STDs to your future wife and children. Also if you enjoy hooking up with random sluts then you could relapse with a random slut while married which would lead to great suffering for your wife and children.

marijuana and shrooms- I know little about either, but laws can straight up fuck you in the ass with no lube. Not just jail time, but fines and job prosepects from having a record. I do not know if those drugs are any worse than legal ones like nicotine, alchohol, caffeine, or added sugar, but they are definitely harmful, just not right away. I personally think all of these drugs are a distraction to cope with our empty wageslave lifestyles.

dating more than one woman at once - monogamy is the root of civilization, but I say fuck civilization, it hasnt done shit for me other than allow me the privilege of working just to break even and do it all again tomorrow with no chance for advancement. I believe as long as you make a lifelong commitment to the woman and children it is beneficial. There is no reason to get the government involved with (((marriage.)))

>You aren't happy, you're just depressed when you're sober.

DELET THIS