BREAKING NEWS 911 TRUMP JR DID IT

WASHINGTON — Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email.

The email to the younger Mr. Trump was sent by Rob Goldstone, a publicist and former British tabloid reporter who helped broker the June 2016 meeting. In a statement on Sunday, Mr. Trump acknowledged that he was interested in receiving damaging information about Mrs. Clinton, but gave no indication that he thought the lawyer might have been a Kremlin proxy.

Mr. Goldstone’s message, as described to The New York Times by the three people, indicates that the Russian government was the source of the potentially damaging information. It does not elaborate on the wider effort by Moscow to help the Trump campaign. There is no evidence to suggest that the promised damaging information was related to Russian government computer hacking that led to the release of thousands of Democratic National Committee emails.

But the email is likely to be of keen interest to the Justice Department and congressional investigators, who are examining whether any of President Trump’s associates colluded with the Russian government to disrupt last year’s election. American intelligence agencies have determined that the Russian government attempted to sway the election in favor of Mr. Trump.

Other urls found in this thread:

circa.com/story/2017/07/09/politics/russian-lawyer-who-got-inside-donald-trumps-inner-circle-had-been-denied-us-visa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alan Futerfas, the lawyer for the younger Mr. Trump, said his client had done nothing wrong but pledged to work with investigators if contacted.

”In my view, this is much ado about nothing. During this busy period, Robert Goldstone contacted Don Jr. in an email and suggested that people had information concerning alleged wrongdoing by Democratic Party front-runner, Hillary Clinton, in her dealings with Russia,” he said to The Times in an email on Monday. “Don Jr.’s takeaway from this communication was that someone had information potentially helpful to the campaign and it was coming from someone he knew. Don Jr. had no knowledge as to what specific information, if any, would be discussed.”

It is unclear whether Mr. Goldstone had direct knowledge of the origin of the damaging material. One person who was briefed on the emails said it appeared that he was passing along information that had been given to him by others.

Jared Kushner, Mr. Trump’s son-in-law, and Paul J. Manafort, the campaign chairman at the time, also attended the June 2016 meeting in New York. Representatives for Mr. Kushner referred requests for comments back to an earlier statement, which said he voluntarily disclosed the meeting to the federal government. He has deferred questions on the content of the meeting to Donald Trump Jr.

tl;dr

In case anyone is still in denial about "collusion not being a crime":

>It is a crime to solicit or accept anything of value from a foreign national in a campaign.

>Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy
>In an email by Goldstone

>It is unclear whether Mr. Goldstone had direct knowledge of the origin of the damaging material
What?

This
What is he being accused of? Talking to a Russian?

I know those are way more words than you're used to reading but I'll sum it up in easy-to-understand, Simple English words:

TRUMP JR KNEW HE WAS MEETING SOMEONE WITH OPPO RESEARCH PROVIDED BY RUSSIAN SPIES

Also, mere hours later Trump is bragging about 33,000 HRC emails.

Accepting foreign help in relation to a campaign

>Most of Sup Forums gets fooled by slavic scum

this would have never happened in 2008

apparently Goldstone, the guy who set up the meeting in the first place, sent Trump Jr an email literally saying the oppo research originated with the Russian government
this is based off of 3 people who claim to know the contents of the email but if its true he better be wiping hard drives or the nigga is fucked

>According to three people with knowledge of the email.

It's going to be another OMG... then nothing.

How is this an issue after Hillary literally received foreign funding from Saudi Arabia and the EU?

Trump just needs to pardon him and move on.

Cool fanfiction bruh.

sage

It is IMMATERIAL whether the source provided anything valuable or not. I would not be shocked if Trump Jr's account is fundamentally sound - the source was bullshitting and really wanted to talk about Russia-American adoptions.

But he THOUGHT he was going to get secret oppo research from the Russian government and went there with that in mind.

This is the President's son.

If Clinton had done half as much she'd probably not even have survived the 90s.

What is your source?

Majority of news is fake and gay these days, but Im curious as to why you left that out.

desperation is desperation

>MANAFORT IS A RUSSIAN SPY!
Well that didn't work
>FLYNN IS A RUSSIAN SPY!
Well that didn't work
>BANNON IS A RUSSIAN SPY!
Well that didn't work
>KUSHER IS A RUSSIAN SPY!
Well that didn't work
>TRUMP JR IS A RUSSIAN SPY!
Well....

its the nytimes, not surprising considering they broke the original story in the first place

Huh? George Soros and Israel do it all the time.

In anycase, DTJ didn't do it.

A charitable foundation founded by the Clintons received funding from Saudi Arabia and the EU. This is not illegal, anymore than it was illegal for Trump to have an international company that "received money" from all sorts of individuals and nations.

Furthermore, how long are you going to keep bringing up these bogus Clinton scandals as responses to very real Trump scandals? It's been 6 months and it's already getting a bit stale.

The words literally say the email to Trump JR didn't indicate who it was from.

Then the next paragraph says he did indicate to the ny times who it was.

So is Don Jr supposed to have knowledge of all the emails at NYT?

>nigga is fucked

in what way?

Trump himself could be a KGB agent. We don't care. As long as it isn't Hillary.

HOW WE WILL EVER RECOVER

I already consider him President-elect

#46.

DNC did the same with Ukraine.

LOCK HIM UP

If it's fake, why would Trump Jr released a statement confirming it? Are you guys saying Don Jr is fake news?

Old hags laugh at your feeble attempts. You will never win and you will never be able to make Russia happen. It will never happen

lol it was a obama/clinton sting from the very beginning. thats hilarious.

fusion gps.

thats where the trail will lead you.

HE WAS A GOOD BOY HE DINDU NUFFIN

E-mail proves he received $35 million from Kremlin backed bank what happens? Think he'll take a x-country road trip to Utah?

>Robert Goldstone contacted Don Jr. in an email and suggested that people had information concerning alleged wrongdoing by Democratic Party front-runner, Hillary Clinton, in her dealings with Russia

So, the most laughably charitable interpretation of this information is that Don Jr may have broken a law in learning that Clinton was a corrupt piece of garbage? Even if this is true, I wonder if anyone would really give a shit.

>NYT

Yeah, as I thought. Fake and so very gay

>going to a meeting for opposition research that you apparently knew was dug up by the Russian government
whether or not we get a general collusion charge doesnt matter, hes going to have Mueller up his ass raking his business dealings and fnances through the coals and god help him if he has so much as a mis filed tax return

Maggie Haberman is prolly the best journalist ever. Trump approached her in 2014 to announce that he's running

>according to three people familiar with the thought processes of the Kremlin affiliated network in contact with those that have a basic understanding of Putin's intentions of hacking the US election.

KEK, says a tabloid writer, aka guy who lies for a living,. Says a shill with no supporting evidence to back up the claim.

Sage

To quote Hillary herself: WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE!

She still lost. The information was useless and irrelevant to the campaign.

Yes, but if you read the Circa article this is all based on you know that they went to the DOJ with it, complaining of funny business. Congress us know investigating:

A) If Fusion GPS is involved as alleged by Trump

B) How did the lawyer get away with meeting a citizen? She was only allowed in the country to argue a case, so she violated her parole agreement.

circa.com/story/2017/07/09/politics/russian-lawyer-who-got-inside-donald-trumps-inner-circle-had-been-denied-us-visa

It's a federal offense for a campaign to receive anything of value from foreigners.

Link to CNN stream pls

>some guy says it's from the Russians government
>it must be true

I'd like to see ac tual PROOF that he did meet the mentioned laywer with the intent.
And no, anonymous sources or the ex-CIA director who shouldn't even have access to such files is not a valid source.

Unless your last name is Clinton

confirming what you retard? that he met a civilian lawyer who provided nothing and left?

when I heard this story being told on NPR it sounded like bait that DJTjr unfortunately took. Nothing will happen though, just MSM frothing at the mouth before they get BTFOd again by their own doing

If they remove Trump, I wonder how many people will die in the ensuing chaos... I wonder how many of them will be swamp creatures...

Is there a reason you people impulsively refuse to accept any bad thing the Trump family has done?

It seriously feels like I'm talking to cult members whenever I run into Trump lovers at this point.

>(((goldstone)))

>more fake news
>(((goldstone)))
good try retards

Because it's already been proven there wasn't a scandal dipshit. Hillary, on the other hand, is fucked shilly bob thorton

>trump is not under investigation
>is
>Goldstone

What did they receive that was of value?

>how long are you going to keep bringing up these bogus Clinton scandals as responses to very real Trump scandals?

Wait what? So your argument is Trumps son went to get info on emails Hillary Clinton illegally stored on a home brew server but Trumps son is breaking some non-existent law?

But if the email scandals are "bogus" then what was he going to get from muh Russians?

He didn't receive anything.

and any prosecutor will read that as something tangible

Ya it's probably finally over now. It was fun while it lasted. I was just in it for the memes anyway.

and of course, Sup Forums doesn't care.

Just watch Fox. He released a statement confirming it ;)

Yes, now kill yourself.

>point out something completely fucked with Trump
>b-but Clinton

Who's defending Clinton here?

Who's in the White House, Clinton or Trump?

If your best argument is "Clinton was a corrupt shitbag too!" you're probably in serious trouble.

He'll just get pardoned. Teflon Don.

> Don Jr. keeps lying.
> White House keeps leaking and revealing he'd lying.
> Don Jr. has to keep changing his story and lying more
> Making everything worse
> Will be subpoenaed by FBI or Congress
> Will lie to them
> Will go to jail with Flynn & Kushner
> Trump's Presidency will be remembers as that of a Crime Family

L. Fucking O. Fucking L.

Tick-Tock Trump-cucks

>anything of value
This means money, valuables, or financial securities. There's literally zero precedent for considering that statue to apply to information.

he admitted this already yesterday, and said the lawyer wasn't sounding legit and ended the meeting 20 mins in. turns out they were linked to a dem group, fusion gps.

does this have anything new other than what we knew yesterday?

>muh fake news
god drumpftards are so fucking pathetic

>more words than...
We're used to reading sourced information from intelligent people, not SJW shills who are pissed off that their mommies didn't make chicken nuggets before whoring out on the town

I can tell you are VERY new here. Here is a (you).

I thought Jeb hired Fusion GPS, no?

Funny how no one questioned the basic facts of reporting until Trump pulled up the ol Lügenpresse. Almost as if he sought to discredit what he knew was coming.

>God Trump supporters don't believe bullshit with no sources and no evidence fucking cult members why don't they just believe what they're told god they're so dumb unlike me

>He didn't receive anything of value
It's a federal crime for campaigns to conspire to receive anything of value from foreigners.

And yes, opposition research is of value, which is why 3 senior campaign officials took time out of their busy schedule to go hear this bullshit.

RIP Trump Jr.

literally nothing again for the 3249698th time

Headline on Drudge linking it to the NYT article. Drudge thinks it's real, not fake

LOL. All this information is being confirmed by people IN the White House. You can't expect Trump to be such a constant embarrassment and expect people to remain loyal.

Did the dumbfuck President tweet yet and make everything WORSE? hehehehe

Do you have any proof? Is there any proof that Trump's son did as you proclaim? If there is, was it illegal?

>But if the email scandals are "bogus" then what was he going to get from muh Russians?

I never said they were, they were totally real and Comey nearly prosecuted her for them. You're trying to make this about Clinton when nobody ITT is defending Clinton. This is about Trump.

>So your argument is Trumps son went to get info on emails Hillary Clinton illegally stored on a home brew server

You have quite an imagination. I guess you saw the word "email" in the OP and your brain sort of ran with it.

How comfortable would you being going to court on that technicality?

>It's a federal crime for campaigns to conspire to receive anything of value from foreigners.

nothing a pardon won't fix

>no source

Nothing burger thread

Trump is going to pardon his son and it's going to be the biggest happening since Burr shot Hamilton.

doesnt matter if it actually tusn out to be true, though that would be bad if it was, it just gives mueller a gigantic juicy target and a perfect excuse to target him. these investigations need a scalp and hes a tempting one

Because you're the one in the cult. There is nothing wrong here. The Russia shit is an irrelevancy. Nobody outside the deep state/ media establishment gives a shit. This is left wing birtherism. You embarrass yourself by continuing to hang onto it long after most of the country has moved on.

You just said the issue was accepting foreign help in relation to a campaign. How is a conversation worse than laundering $20 million dollars?

The email basically:
>Oh right, the emails. The emails from Hillary. The emails specifically stolen from Hillary. Hillary’s Emails

No such thing. There are only Democucks.
And only libs shitposting on Sup Forums will get imprisoned.

>Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email

Three anonymous sources. Wow! That's better than a single anonymous sources. While we're on the topic, I was told by a hundred anonymous sources that the reporters at the NYT suck goat dicks. They go to petting zoos and suck the dicks of goats. And the editors let rottweilers mount them and fuck them in the ass. And then they run a train on OP.

The picture on the left is a photoshop, by the way.

keep dreaming cunt shill. 8 years of Trump presidency is all you have to look forward to.

at least your shitty job is secure for that long, amirite?

>nothing a pardon won't fix
Technically correct. Nothing an impeachment wouldn't fix.

Pardon for what exactly? Come on, tell me.

Where does it stand that they went to the DOJ with it?

Big if true.

Trump Jr. went from denying any contact with Russians during the campaign to saying he met with one briefly over adoption shit to saying he met to get some dirt on Clinton. Has none of that sunk in your head?

Trump himself lies 24/7 but at this point you've got your head buried too deep into his asshole to ever question him. It's pitiful.

What if this was all that was said..
Russkie: "we have all of hillarys emails. our guy seth risch sent them to us. we sent them ti wikileaks.

DTJr: I wonder if julian plans to release them?

thats not even a crime is it? to wonder something?

That does nothing but kick the can to the state level, NY prosecutors would have a field day.

The president can't pardon state crimes.

It's been 6 months and it's already getting stale? Nice job summing up the tinfoil hat Russian Conspiracy, shareblue