What does Sup Forums think of Slavoj Zizek?

What does Sup Forums think of Slavoj Zizek?

>inb4 normie
>inb4 reddit

He is a bit hung up on ideology.

philosolarper

fuck off reddit normie

Like the woman in this

philosolarper autist on coke

>*sniff*

an embarrassment.

He is entertaining. Better than TV.

oh shittttt, we have a fellow slov here

Why is he an embarrassment?

Do most people in your country feel the same way?

Everyone hates him in my country.

He's interesting, but I feel that one has to approach him with the right attitude. Noam Chomsky was completely right, there's no practical plan or even any policy suggestions behind any of it. You can read as much of Zizek's work as you want, listen to him talk for hours, but at the end he'll never tell you what needs to be done. If you're looking for a coherent identifiable ideology that could be used for any sort of real-world praxis, you'd need to look elsewhere.

He makes comments and observations about the world as he sees it that are sometimes insightful, sometimes wrong, often both. If you want someone who will make you think, Zizek is good. Someone who will tell you what's wrong, who can argue coherently that the current system of liberal democratic capitalism in the West is unsustainable... but don't expect him to ever say what to replace it with.

Shouldn't he be thin if he does so much coke?
He and Melania Trump should do a Slovenian talk show.

That's because he's not as nostalgic for Tito as the people think he should be.

He's a product of his time, otherwise full of shit. Only western hipsters think of him as controversial.

> communism is great
> no haaney, that's why we're in the US
The end.

>today, a very special guest on customgrow420, Slavoj Zizek!

We have this thread every day you leftist fuck.
He's a typical product of academia industry, a Starbucks revolutionary. He pretends to be different to the liberals but in reality he's not. Which is why he's given a platform by the establishment.
He's not even triggering the liberals properly.

Literally who

He's the shitty discount Anna Arendt

he's pretty damn great

It's funny how many times he can take the liberal position on a topic, and people still think of him as radical. I guess you just have to take a pop culture example like a current movie, bring up Hegel filtered through Marx filtered through Lacan, and then go on tangents vaguely connecting them to a political issue.

I think he's interesting enough that his books will be some of the first to burn when we come back.

I guess that liberals are so used to being enclosed in their bubbles that everything even remotely different to their normal views is perceived as radical by them.

No idea why leftists cucks like him so much.

Best to just ignore him.

He fascinates westerners because of his proletarian attitude and old school communist edgelord demeanor, because that shit certainly doesn't belong in the world of bourgeois marxist philosophers like the entire France and Chomsky, so he looks like a "cool" outsider.

Here he's utterly despised. And it's not just because a leftist is expected to be yugonostalgic, that's a dumb meme.

Other members of his school aren't like that and liberal arts students here suck their dicks on regular basis.

Žižek's despised because he's a leech, he's employed at the university but he never lectures, just laughs straight to the bank, sponsored by us taxpayers.

He plagiarized Jacques-Alain Miller's work and sold it as his own, which made him famous in the first place.
Due to that, he and his little clique work very hard to censor and shut down any attempt at lacanian psychoanalysis here, because being exposed to that most people would quickly notice a lot of it has been plagiarized by Žižek and used in a different context. He makes sure any new lacanian authors from abroad aren't translated into Slovene, as well as that the students at faculty don't get exposed to their works. Funnily enough, that's the closest he gets to any university work here.

In reality, he's your typical marxist intellectual, a complete leech, complete intellectual fraud and quasi-capitalist out there to earn a quick buck.

He was one of the first e-celebs.

*sniff
pure ideology!

this is interesting. can you source me on some of those more provocative allegations or will i have to use jewgle?