The Chinese are experimenting with teleportation

And apparently they've been successful

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/av/science-environment-40573621/first-object-teleported-to-earth-s-orbit
sciencenews.org/blog/context/entanglement-spooky-not-action-distance
iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1367-2630/15/4/043008;jsessionid=5CFF82AFC750F50A01B95DD2E0D7B9E3.c2.iopscience.cld.iop.org
technologyreview.com/s/608252/first-object-teleported-from-earth-to-orbit/
youtube.com/watch?v=epa6WxEw1Xk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light_communication
archive.is/6N41B
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forgot link

bbc.com/news/av/science-environment-40573621/first-object-teleported-to-earth-s-orbit

That's a lie
They are experimenting with entanglement
Where these fuckers keep getting teleportation I have no idea

Actually, from a scientific standpoint, you are instantaneously transmitting information, thus energy, across great distances... therefore, teleportation.

Is it a wormhole

sciencenews.org/blog/context/entanglement-spooky-not-action-distance
Wrong.
There is no transfer of information in quantum entanglement. That was debunked recently. So the Chinese experiment is a big waste of time and money.

>Quantum Entanglement
We Mass Effect now boys

>here is no transfer of information in quantum entanglement

Im sure you'll eat these words in 10 years time.

>So the Chinese experiment is a big waste of time and money.
Unless that's just a cover

Haha meanwhile Americans are denying science.

t. peasant that doesn't understand the basics of physics.

>says Sven, the simple minded faglord overrun by shit skins

This is more psuedo intellectual bullshit, where the people writing the article completely misinterpret what things mean. Quantum entanglement does not work anything like the media, and especially pop sci media, thinks it works.

And because it's China they'll skimp out on vital construction details or have some inexplicable big truck crash into the testing apparatus and then WHOOSH we have an army of demons running around.

>Actually, from a scientific standpoint, you are instantaneously transmitting information
No they're not, look up the No-communication theorem

information is not teleportation, faggot

nor is it actually instantaneous. Still light-speed barrier like everything else.

Therefore special relativity, what did china break it? Kek.

I was thinking half the Earth would get vaporized, so I like your version better

But then, you have no idea how it works either. No one does.

*teleports behind you*

heh nothing personal kid...

What a scub... Proper cancer hour rn. It was a good day until the burgers showed up.

You're not transferring information. You're merely inferring information.

Imagine a "Morse code" type of entanglement device that could be used for espionage. Two spies have this device with an electron inside of it that is entangled with the other device.

When Spy 1 is alive, electron 1's spin is 1/2. When Spy 2 is alive, electron 2's spin is -1/2.

When Spy 1 is dead, electron 1's spin is -1/2. When Spy 2 is dead electron 2's spin 1/2.

In both cases, no actual information is being transferred. The only thing is that because these two particles are entangled, one can INFER information from their spins.

That's the whole idea behind utilizing entanglement. It could be used for instantaneous FTL communications.

>be American
>buy Chinese teleporting device because we can't make our own shit
>flounder through 58 pages of Mandarin directions
>use it
>teleport and get my body half stuck in a brick wall
>blame niggers

They cant build anything without it eventually killing somebody i would love to see them try and teleport. This will be fucking hilarious.

Are you trying to get into the fucking Spacing Guild or something? Tone it down for fuck's sake, leaf. Massive eye sore.

this

lightspeeders are the new flat earthers

>chinaman tell brig lies
No srurprise here

>buy teleportation pads in bulk from aliexpress
>announce that millions of section 8 vouchers will be distributed in every major populated urban area
>niggers storm the building
>it's full of teleporters dialed to Africa

Good, now let's entangle anime so we can all have waifus in our bed.

finally I will be able to play Jedi Academy with my Australian clan members without lag

Only in both Swedish and Yiddish does the word 'science' actually mean 'sociology' and I think that's beautiful.

This.

Not the first to teleport a photon.
Researchers in Spain already teleported photons in the Canary Islands. This was like 5 years ago. Look it up.

The novel thing is merely using the planet's orbit.

>africa
>not mars

> reddit

Did you get lost?

>ib u move a torch dats shining at da mun it goes faster dan da beep of sounds :DDDD

Expect more of this, China already has the faster super computer In the world with Chinese chips, Japanese mathematician Shinichi Mochizuki discovered new field in math that will solve several unsolvable math problems
The West is too busy arguing if chopping your cock is normal, too busy watching anime, playing games, too busy in white guilt and self hatred, too busy with political correctness to innovate.
the West has destroyed it's own education system by implementing affirmative action which destroys merit completely. The West is in decadence and if you're in denial you're bluepilled as fuck.

It's also the longest distance entanglement that we know of.

There was this proposal to do an experiment with the ISS from 2013:

iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1367-2630/15/4/043008;jsessionid=5CFF82AFC750F50A01B95DD2E0D7B9E3.c2.iopscience.cld.iop.org

But I don't think they ever did it officially.

Of course, who knows what sort of experiments the US gov't and NASA have already done which they've kept under wraps. If anything the US is letting China get the "first" officially so that no one knows just how far they've progressed their technology...

>Not using this technology to teleport capitalist dissidents into the sun
I'll never understand how China is a superpower

The Chinese always make up research to get money.

>be slightly above average in intelligence
>read article
>check a couple other sources as well
>it's not really teleportation in any shape or form
>sage
>???
>OP is a fag

I found a better link about this btw:

technologyreview.com/s/608252/first-object-teleported-from-earth-to-orbit/

>implying America isn't
Reminder:
US 56% white
Washington DC 49% black, 43% white

>implying computer scientists give a shit about any of that nonsense

>shoot a photon at a satellite
>its teleporting sirry white man

kek

brainlet got exposed, resorts to being a faggot.

every time

They've already teleported photons the difficulty is not distance it's transporting large and complex structures with no information loss

>year 2150
>Internet 4.0 is full of Chinese teleportation fuckup webms.

>BBC

Have you seen their latest news praising Soros?

>shoot a photon at a satellite

WTF I hate Trump now

how about we tune in into the intergalactic internet and spam it with gore gifs

>play with numbers until it looks like something happens at the same time when it really happened at a single location between the two points
You're the idiot. Quantum entanglement is about taking two particles and getting them to synch up.

Ask the Chinese what they think about global warming

Spoiler alert, they don't give a shit and pollute 10x more than anyone else

Quantum entanglement is not teleportation. No information (a communication of that which is not known before hand) can be transmitted through entanglement.

Please teleport me into the fucking sun.

radical

youtube.com/watch?v=epa6WxEw1Xk

>muh chemtrailz

Quantum entanglement works as a communication become faster then the speed of light but will not teleport.
Would be interesting sending messages faster then speed of light. We could use it to do some Paul Revere shit if we were intergalactic.

I fucking laughed but you are correct.

-0/10 reddit science

Your shit is so retarded. Go look up what the fuck actually happens, because you don't transfer information between the two entangled "receivers" instead you're ensuring the receivers receive identical particles with identical states and phases.

>Still light-speed barrier like everything else.
no it isn't

that's the whole fucking point, retard

It's not faster than light.

The particles have to be together in order to first entangle them. Then they can be moved apart, at sublight speed, and then they can be observed.

So no its clearly not faster than light. This is what all you retards don't get about entanglement. No time is saved. Relativity holds.

yup

I can tell this is bullshit within 10 seconds.

Superluminal communication is a hypothetical process in which information is sent at faster-than-light (FTL) speeds. The current scientific consensus is that faster-than-light communication is not possible, and to date it has not been achieved in any experiment.

Superluminal communication is believed to be impossible because, in a Lorentz-invariant theory, it could be used to transmit information into the past. This contradicts causality and leads to logical paradoxes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light_communication

Chinks are sociopaths they build stuff but dont care what happens after. Chinese can construct quality stuff but at a good price.

dude There is no information transfer between the entangled particles. You literally are repeating popsci memes with zero understanding to what actually happens in the experiment and what is actually measured.

Bump. Finally a thread that's not a shitpost and not America related.

>create entangled particles
>separate them and place them onto two distinct points in spacetime
>change spin of one, changes spin of the other

>no FTL communication whatsoever

You guys are being autistic but you forgot about being savant.

checked, and yes, a massive faggot

>it could be used to transmit information into the past. This contradicts causality and leads to logical paradoxes.
time travel is even stupider faggots think that because you can advance local time faster or slower you can get negative time movement. It is beyond retarded.

Remember to archive

archive.is/6N41B

no way dude in 5 years we'll be able to achieve negative ping. Sup Forums will load before you click on the bookmark

I remember last time they teleported something. Turns out they were wrong, they didn't do anything. I expect this to turn out much the same, but it would be fun if I'm wrong.

Based China while the West removes funding from STEM to give to social sciences and English departments.

Why the fuckarent you learning Mandarin? Anyone want to make a /learnmandarin/ general that we could learn it in like Sup Forums had Japanese threads.

So basically it's the story of the twins separated at birth. They reunited after 30 years, both are English teachers married to dentists.

Quantum teleportation is teleporting the state of a particle from A to B, a photon still has to move across to transmit the info. The word is pretty misleading, and we've known how to do this for over a decade now. Nothing new here besides sucking chink asshole to make them look like a threat.

>in the near future, super china starts a war with the US as they have so much newer technology
>the US pulls all of its toys from blackbox funding
>china gets fucked with technology fifty years ahead of anything they have
I honestly want to see all of this war tech in action rather than bombing sand holes with dumb bombs and non laser weapons. Bring it on.

I made this to illustrate the fakery of this news.

It can still be used to encrypt data between two locations and only they will know what the information is, but it has to be information embedded at the moment of particle creation , you cannot pass information in real time. Fucking Chink bullshit.

>america has secret technology
>nobody else does
This is what Americans really believe

>object

Fake news

>china gets fucked with technology fifty years ahead of anything they have
He actually believes this. You realize China has black box technology too? You realize the average Chinese IQ is 105? You realize Germany is now close allies with China? You realize Russia has been extremely close allies with China since the 50s?

There's nothing "fake" about the news, the term for the process is called "quantum teleportation".

It's just scientists don't expect idiots who get their knowledge from tv shows to get what it actually means.

War between countries with second strike capabilities is not really possible unless one country wants to exterminate the other at all cost, even if it means its own extermination as well.

Krogan are niggers it all makes sense

Hey spooks, member when I told you China was playing the future and you were playing an ancient board?

They aren't going to fail on their own.

Deal with it.

You can call a threesome with your mom and sister, it still won't change the fact there is no teleportation going on. It's data that can be read only in two locations, but no real time info passes on.

Dumb Brit reject.

Muh chineez dog eetin superority

Not news. Quantum entanglement has been done for decades. It's not the same photon, just a photon reacting to a photon on the ground.

That won't lead to teleportation, but it may lead to apparent-FTL communication, something pretty useful in space.

>Believing that the Chinese actually accomplish anything other than intellectual theft and reverse engineering.

It's not that. We don't have that tech. The chinks in space are communicating with the chinks on the ground confirming they have the same stats on certain photons. Stats embedded in their creation. There is NO real time information flow.

Why does nobody read ffs?

>communication is instant
>data is transmitted instantly
>"but it's not teleportation"

There's a difference between teleporting information and teleporting matter.

next step: quantum teleportation through event horizon, quantum teleportation into dark flow area outside universe: quantum teleportation to heaven to slay god

Yeah, would be a shame if we lost contact to our starships going warp 10 to wherever, right?

>spend more money on military than the next seven nations combined
You fucking bet I do
>Chinese blackbox technology
You mean an iPhone? China can't into war if it can't feed its military, and if it can't feed its military than it can't operate its toys
This is the only real answer, black box techs would be cool in action but utterly useless if a tactical nuke is dropped on them.

Definitely.

Holy shit you down under nigger, there is no transmission of information. The scientist in space only confirm the properties of the photon they have to the scientists on the ground, nothing else. THE PHOTON ITSELF DOESN'T PASS ANY REAL TIME INFO, ALL THE PROPERTIES IT HAS WERE EMBEDDED ON CREATION.