What did Don Jr. actually do?

I just don't see anything here, guys.

If Russia "hacked the election," what was Don Jr.'s role in that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DNO6G4ApJQY
electionlawblog.org/?p=93740
law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/11/110.20
youtube.com/watch?v=eijq6fvppOI
thegatewaypundit.com/2017/07/well-lookie-russian-lawyer-veselnitskaya-pictured-obama-ambassador-russia-8-days-trump-jr-mtg/
youtu.be/Ix1aEufiMe4
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-meeting-raises-question-collusion-even-crime-n781571
washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/11/democrats-spread-false-russian-information-on-trum/
youtube.com/watch?v=8YSFNOaJupE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This isnt evidence of anything

It took so long because nothing happening

This is literally all just sensationlized media collaboration designed to do maximum PR damage

The entire event itself merely proves that Russians are liars and that there were active entrapment operations going on against people in Trump's "orbit" to tie them to Russia under false pretenses

No one is even caring two shits about this except whatever is left of the tiny but loud resistance peddlers

He was the real Russian Hacker known as Sup Forums who blew up that van on live TV in 2007.

He talked to a Russian. Everyone knows they have cooties. CNN sources told me so.

HACKERS ON STEROIDS

youtu.be/DNO6G4ApJQY

DON JR IMPEACHED WHEN?!

If you get on their bad side, watch out!

Soliciting for the results, knowingly and from a foreign national, is explicitly a crime.

WTF does soliciting for the results mean?

Show me where in your lawbooks they say that lol

>talking to Kremlin cunts that have murdered US troops and agents

yeah, its nothing faggots

electionlawblog.org/?p=93740

Secretly consulted with a foreign government to undermine an American Presidental Candidate while not bothering to inform the relevant authorities.

The only legal response was immediately calling the FBI and absolutely nothing else.

>someone from the kremlin
>russian person who has a friend that works at the kremlin

pick one

Relevant law:

(g) Solicitation, acceptance, or receipt of contributions and donations from foreign nationals. No person shall knowingly solicit, accept, or receive from a foreign national any contribution or donation prohibited by paragraphs (b) through (d) of this section.

(b)Contributions and donations by foreign nationals in connection with elections. A foreign national shall not, directly or indirectly, make a contribution or a donation of money or other thing of value, or expressly or impliedly promise to make a contribution or a donation, in connection with any Federal, State, or local election.

Did Don Jr solicit something of value from a foreign government? I would say so. I think while this doesn't sink Trump, Don Jr himself might get into shit over this.

Good thing "crown prosecutor of Russia" isn't a real position, dumbass.

>foreign national
Every other detail is meaningless for the law he broke, but if there's more to it by all means it can be worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=eijq6fvppOI

>listening to people tell you something is a crime

>electionlawblog.org

junior is a good boy, he dindu nuffin.

I'm sure he just invented the law he quoted that spells out the crime. Which by the way, is specifically the thing user asked for. Dick.

I don't think it has quite dawned on Sup Forums that this scandal has legs even if Don Jr. decided to tweet the emails himself. Too many Trump bootlicking morons here.

Big question is if the scandal ends here with just Don Jr. directly implicated.

Listening is legal, soliciting is not.

i kek'd

>Russia hacks election
>Gets dirt on the candidates
>D.T Jr solicits said dirt

KGB agent is, fucknuts

>What did Don Jr. actually do?
Met with a agent of the Russian government with hopes of obtaining damning evidence against Clinton. There is nothing illegal about what he did.

The only issues are that: 1) He lied about meeting with russians and 2) it is yet another lied by people associated with the Trump campaign. At the end of the day, it is a "nothing burger".

>If Russia "hacked the election,"
No one with half a brain has said that the Russians hacked the election.

I've read some shill articles and they don't point to a single thing illegal.

>There is nothing illegal about what he did.
Wrong

>CHANGE TACTICS

slow-poke MSM finally figured that teflon-don is basically an invincible opponent, so their only option now is directing their attacks toward trump's weaker extensions in an attempt to weaken trump himself...

...basic art of war shit, they are beginning to learn.... but we will be many steps of ahead of them

it doesn't matter. fuck drumpf and fuck russian collusion.

thegatewaypundit.com/2017/07/well-lookie-russian-lawyer-veselnitskaya-pictured-obama-ambassador-russia-8-days-trump-jr-mtg/

wow you sure do sound confident, surely you can plainly state the law here that was broken... right?

>I would say so
LEAF Says Something

>World Disregards

don't really give a shit either way. the system, is rotten. I just get a laugh at of all the political theater and he said she said type shit.

Don Jr's plane mysteriously crashes in the next month or two

the russian lawyer was an obama plant for him to get a fisa warrant so he could wiretap trump tower

The NY AG and FBI had Trump Tower servers monitored.

>they have ALL the emails

cry more bitch nigger

They were already monitoring due to Russian mob in the building.

>money laundering thru Deutsch Bank

try to keep up.

it let them directly wiretap trump/ don jr though

>No one is even caring two shits about this
Normies have all tuned it out. You don't hear anyone even mentioning muh russia irl. Political junkies on both sides are obsessed, but 90% of the population gives fuck all.

F-fake news!

Good old D.C. corruption. Glad to see nothing's changed.

So what exactly was in these emails anyways?
Someone give me a tl;dr

Tldr; don jr. met with a russian agent to get dirt on Hillary, this is illegal so the retard is in trouble

so you're admitting hillary has major dirt on her that would make her unfit to be president?

He got zapped by a shill trying to be a good son.

Also, pol is shillier than usual. I have barely seen any kike hate or commentary on how great we are.

Soros must have hired a crop of new fags without telling anyone who is actually good at shit posting

The "shills" are getting more legitimate ammunition to poke holes in alt-right fantasyland. It's not going to get better.

His email was not with a foreign national and he didn't request anything, therefore it doesn't meet the legal definition of soliciting. Further, the definition of knowingly refers only to money, therefore his email, even if it was solicitation, is not "knowingly" Bu

But you keep cleaning that fake news creampie, cuck.

he didn't do a fucking thing. it's just the news grasping at straws

Wow, you are pathetic. Please give me facts (not feelings, not innuendo) of how this was a crime and the Clintons taking money from the Saudis and indeed the Russians is nothing?

I was responding to the thing you said, not details you weren't discussing, I don't understand your complaint.

Regardless
>law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/11/110.20

>you said
>Not checking ID that I wasn't the poster you were replying too
Also, yes I'm aware of the law. Your point?
What did Donald Jr. receive? Is he even a federal employee?
Now put that law in context with what did Hillary Clinton receive from Soros, the Saudis and the Russians?

>Not checking ID that I wasn't the poster you were replying too
Past checking reply chains, I don't really bother with that now no.

>What did Donald Jr. receive?
Illegally obtained oppo research from a foreign national

>Is he even a federal employee?
He was part of the campaign, this is a campaign finance law

>Now put that law in context with what did Hillary Clinton receive from Soros, the Saudis and the Russians?
Completely unrelated, also whataboutism.

Suppose he had knowingly met with someone from the Russian Govt to discuss whether Steele had received false information from Kremlin officials at the behest of the Hillary Clinton campaign?

Would that have been illegal for him to discuss?

What if the had discussed setting up a meeting to discuss the weather?

>Illegally obtained oppo research from a foreign national

Proofs? Or are you talking about the Dems receiving oppo research from a foreign national (Michael Steele)?
Do you have three anonymous sources telling you this?
The Clintons in this context are not unrelated. If we are playing fair here, why is the media pearl-clutchibg over this when the Clintons received monetary contributions from foreign nationals?

If it had value to them in any context, the legal thing to do would be to call the fbi and wash your hands of it.

If it were truly meaningless from the outset, it's probably fine, but a campaign meeting casually with russians is suspect and risky just on the surface and is better avoided.

>Proofs?
The email DTJ released himself?

Nothing really. Attempted to get opposition research from a Russian source, which he mistakenly thought was linked to the Kremlin. Not illegal, and there's nothing linking this to Trump himself regardless.

The big thing is that this might be the thing that pushes Kushner out, which would be great for our agenda.

>Not illegal
No matter how often you say this, it won't be true.

Dilbertman explains it all.

youtu.be/Ix1aEufiMe4

DTJ did nothing more than CTR did when they started soliciting damaging info on Trump

Thats a good point. It does prove that the Russians tried to damage the trump administration with this. Which is funny because libs say that the russians did nothing to hurt the republicans. Either that or it was a deep state plot to tie them to the Russians like assange todd and clair.

I think the real truth is that the Russians take advantage of anything they can to destabilize both parties.

All I saw in those emails was that some guy said they had dirt on Hillary. Trump Jr. then said to set up a call. A meeting happened where dirt was not exchanged.
So I ask again, where is this "contribution" per your cited law you speak of?

What about the Saudis boasting they were picking up,the tab for 20% of the HRC campaign.
Yep boasting. Till someone went "oh shit" and pulled the PDF.
Fortunately, the internet never forgets.

>What did Don Jr. actually do?

Nothing. This whole story is just blow back from the CNN fiasco.

He knew what the information was supposed to be, he knew where it was from, and he went to the meeting enthusiastically. That's all it takes.

Here the Russian lawyer at an event with the Obama US ambassador or Russia.A week after the nothing burger meeting with Jr

This is the real truth. If there is any truth to the Russia nonsense, it's likely that they wanted to destabilize both parties to make the US and it's foreign influence weak, so Russia itself would become more influential.
And thanks to Dems who are taking up the role of useful idiots quite well, it may just work in conflicts like Syria.

>Illegally obtained oppo reasearch.
You're reaching because you have a weak position. You know not whether it was illegally obtained because up to this point it doesn't even exist. So you are trying to aggrandize your position because it is pretty weak otherwise.

1. Basic oppo information or "dirt" is not the type of thing those laws address. That's just bending your ear and listening to someone. Not money, not work product, just hacked material, hell who is to say the purpose of the meeting was for Jr. to see if the info was legal or even worthy of looking into? Now if they had struck a deal for money or favors you'd be onto something, if they had maybe agreed to compile their information directly from Kremlin officials in a dossier and systematically release it to the people through political and news organizations in exchange for money, perhaps you'd also be onto something. But so far all Jr. did was say he'd hear out their information.

2. Manafort and Kushner were at the meeting, they never corresponded with any of the people involved. In order to adequately connect it to the Trump campaign you really have to show that those two *knew* what the deal was. The tendency to gloss over that critical connection suggests the "resisters" are yet again jumping the gun with another episode of "drumpf is done."

>Russian lady says, "psst! I have some dirt on Shillary.
>Jr. says "kewl, lemme grab Jared and let's have a meeting."
>Russian lady starts shilling for adoptions.

Not like money changed hands in his case either.

You get that opposition research has been a "thing" in US politics for at *least* a century, right?
There's a whole industry devoted to digging dirt on candidates.

Canadian expert. Call his law office now!

No it doesn't. The law specifically says a contribution or donation needs to be made. Or at least that assistance was solicited. Whoever this Goldstone was solicited Trump Jr.
Unless you put this before a judge who has no regard for the written law, you argument would not stand up in court.

If I broke into a house and there was nothing to steal, I don't make the defense that the house robbed me.

Basically, DTJ was "lovin it" to collude, but the lawyer didn't have anything.

Said Russian deeply involved in Christopher Steel #pissgate kompromat on Trump.
It's a very deep rabbit hole

Yep, info from a Russian Pedophile is a-okay by Dem standards.

So it's treason then

Even according to the MSM information does not count as a contribution or donation
" "The law prohibits foreign nationals from providing 'anything of value ... in connection with' an election," Bob Bauer, a former White House counsel under President Barack Obama, wrote on the Just Security website. The hacking of Clinton campaign manager John Podesta's emails, "which were then transmitted to WikiLeaks for posting, clearly had value, and its connection to the election is not disputed," Bauer wrote.

But as a legal matter, "that's stretching it," said Craig Donsanto, who spent more than 40 years working on election-law cases at the Justice Department before he retired. "Where is the contribution?"

Another national security law expert agreed but asked not to be named in order to speak candidly.

Providing secrets to a foreign government is espionage, and representing one for money without registering might violate the Foreign Agents Registration Act, he said. But accepting information from a foreign government that might be helpful to your campaign is not illegal, he added. "

Nevermind the lawyer lady turned out to be work for the Russian goverment after all

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-meeting-raises-question-collusion-even-crime-n781571

Note how you have backed from a rock solid knowing and intentional/culpable mind state to simply suggesting it would have been advisable or wise to report things immediately. Failing to report something when you should is a far far cry from even a reckless mindstate legally speaking. So perhaps one would be well advised, unless they want to go sit down with the Feds everytime they have an opportunity to learn the truth about their political opponents, to perhaps... meet with the person and see what sort of info they are talking about? How do you know, had Don Jr. actually received some information, that he would not have gone to authorities with it?

It makes sense to me for Don jr. to meet with the contact and see what the deal was. As it turned out, the contact was full of shit, possibly sent by yet to be determined political opponents of trump, and the contact was terminated that we know of.

And that's the thing about just offering basic information. It's not work product. He didn't contract with them to get some product of value produced by them. It was just an offer of info, no questions asked, which could be meaningful or meaningless, or perhaps may not even exist. I think it is more sensible to perhaps just look into the contact before going straight to the Feds who may or may not even be out to get you. The lady could have leaned over at the meeting and said "Hillary lied when she said she carries hot sauce" for all you or Don Jr. knew.

Is't not believable that someone might aggrandize the juiciness of their info just to sit down with Jr. to create bad optics... or to just con their way into getting some time to lobby for something?

cite a code section please
it's easy to claim something is illegal

This guy.
Sent a plane.
To London to specifically collect the #pissgate trump kompromat that had been paid for by the DNC.

The Russian.
Was just a Russian.
There's 150 million of them.
They don't all live in the Kremlin.
They don't *all* have *connections* to Putin.
She was a lawyer.
Doing what lawyers do.
Hustling for so e clients who want the Russian law changed.
If anything, she's working against the Kremlin.

In a statement, Mark Corallo added: “Specifically, we have learned that the person who sought the meeting is associated with Fusion GPS, a firm which according to public reports, was retained by Democratic operatives to develop opposition research on the President and which commissioned the phony Steele dossier.”

Fusion GPS, which is based in Washington DC and was established by former Wall Street Journal reporters Glenn Simpson and Peter Fritsch, found itself in the spotlight earlier this year after it emerged it was behind an “oppo research” dossier containing unproven and often salacious allegations about Mr Trump.

*Nevermind the lawyer lady turned out not to work for the Russian goverment after all

God I'm retarded tonight

That vital "info" from the Belarusian con artist and Russian Pedo. Grand, ain't it?

putin himself said it doesnt matter who the US president is because the USA follows a certain path for certain interests no matter what. Putin knows that even if trump was 100% pro Russian and in cahoots the USA could never go majority pro Russian agenda. They may prefer trump for many reasons even bad reasons but they are still going to hurt us any way they can.

I want to be careful with this meddling stuff because I honestly don't believe russian meddling had much effect on the outcome of the election and that seth rich was the real leaker of wikileaks etc. I think the extent of Russian meddling is things like this to confuse and divide both parties and to subvert them into fighting amongst each other. Seems like that aspect of meddling worked pretty well because democrats are fucking insane.

Republican Mark.
You can't see anything cause your head is up your ass.

Fucking right?! Why does this place defend this bull shit so hard

They didn't "report."
Because there was nothing to report.
From the Russian lawyers interviews, there were 2 guys who weren't introduced. One she now knows was Jared. He walked out after 10mins and never came back to room.
Manafort, who she also can now only identify, spent the whole time reading something on his phone.
The meeting lasted 20mins 30 max.
It was a bust.
A total waste of everyone's time.
If the US media hadn't have completely lost its mind......and DNC back room like Podesta didn't have something g really ugly to hid...... No one would have remembered this meeting.
It was *before* the so-called hack....
Which is actually the LEAK by a DNC insider, to Wikileaks.

I want you to keep believing this is going somewhere. I want you to keep believing the Democrats aren't "guilty" of the same thing. Keep believing that the Steel Dossier with it's extremely dubious sources is valid. I want you to keep believing that CNN and Wapo aren't suckering you with clickbait. Then let the butthurt flow through you when you realize what everyone else realized nearly a year ago.

>what was Don Jr.'s role in that?

he has shewn a honey trap the door, and sent her on her way. DNC's FUSION GPS BTFO!

washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/11/democrats-spread-false-russian-information-on-trum/

Kek keep reaching faggot leaf.

It has two basic purposes:
1. To hinder and predispose the Trump presidency. Don't forget the early salvo of this tactic was started against Jill Stein and even implied towards Bernie. I don't know if Hillary will ever run again and against whom, but I think it's safe to say whoever it is- they will be a Russian Spy.

2. Most importantly it was designed to keep the Dems idiotic base from turning on the party leadership and holding them responsible, rightly so, for the most humiliating political loss in history. From top to bottom is was just a terrible campaign and in ANY other organization on the planet, heads would have rolled afterwards. But in the wacky world of the DNC, the leadership managed to froth their people up into a great excuse for their loss. Their jeering base is also so sporting with politics that a loss is also a loss to their confidence and ego so they could never admit that they just got beat. They simply cannot accept it which makes the Russia scapegoat particularly fertile.

Don't worry, the good thing about this all is that instead of doing an autopsy and getting better, they have just retained the same slimy losers as before who will lead them into unfounded hubris and eventual failure yet again.

What does "meddling" even mean?

What specific actions did the Russian Federation take to affect or in anyway influence or impact the US elections?

"Meddle"

It's a. Itching burger word.
Define what *precisely* "meddle" means,
And then what *precisely* the government of Russia actually did.

youtube.com/watch?v=8YSFNOaJupE

Picking another country's Prime Minister for instance?

This is how desperate Drumpfkins are getting

>Trump* colluded** with*** the**** Russians*****
>Define *!!!
>Define **!!!!
>Define ***!!!!
>Define ****!!!!

The "meddling" is used because it is a vague word which is also a good way to intentionally conflate "revealing the truth" with something negative.

Textbook kikery really.

The leaks ___ and FFS 4-chan people __ FFS you know the difference between a *leak* and *hack*, right?
Right?
The *leaks* from Podestas emails kicked over some really disturbing material.
THAT is what should be examined with this forensic obsession.
What does Podesta mean by this signal?

>ANY other organization on the planet, heads would have rolled afterwards. But in the wacky world of the DNC, the leadership managed to froth their people up into a great excuse for their loss. Their jeering base is also so sporting with politics that a loss is also a loss to their confidence and ego so they could never admit that they just got beat. They simply cannot accept it which makes the Russia scapegoat particularly fertile.

dude, the media is run by a bunch of kikes that have agreed amongst themselves to push this narrative nonstop 24/7 to brainwash the average morning joe.

>What does Podesta mean by this signal?
some ancient egyptian religious nonsense about gods fighting amongst themselves