Are labor unions redpilled?

If you think about it a lot of good stuff we have today is because of unions and people fighting for workers rights. They fought for shorter work weeks, more time off, a minimum wage, and work safety laws. I know that most people here are pro-capitalism but labor unions can still be a part of that process by negotiation for better working conditions and better pay.

>go on strike for better pay
>lose wages while picketing like a communist
>replaced by scabs

Unions WERE good. They outlived their usefulness, instead fighting to increase immigration to fill revenue seats.

Unions can't fire you just cause.
>b-b-but they get a private company to do the job
Not if you're the only one in charge of your specialized task in your region, like a transportation worker.

labor unions are terrorist groups.

>Only terrorists fight for better working conditions and pay.
Nice support of being a cuck, user, but not everyone likes to take it up the ass.

I agree. They had their time and place. now they just act like commie fucks and keep the good workers from separating from the shit. it stunts potential and incentive for decent labor.
Source: was part of IAM for 8 years. Right to work was the best thing to ever happen to my state.

>paying (((union dues)))
>not taking it up the ass

captcha: chubb receipt

What type of junk did they do that you didn't approve of? I am actually curious, I give zero fucks about defending them or anything.

>be me many moons ago
>high school job at a major grocery chain
>transfer to meat/seafood
>forced to join meatcutters union
>on new contract
>30 something y/o on old contract is a shitbird
>17 y/o me has to my job and his
>he's unfire-able because muh union rep
>his pay is 3x mine and so are benefits

unions are the opposite of redpilled. the opposite of a meritocracy. only seniority matters.

pro-union guys are pussies that cannot compete and rise to the top as individuals.

>Not if you're the only one in charge of your specialized task in your region

Which is why a large portion of union members secretly love communism.
>sauce
Me - IBEW 103 Electrician
Shits filled with communists brah
I see some guys with Hammer and sickle stickers on their hardhats sometimes

I think Hitler said it best. The idea of unions are great and they can promote for positive things for the worker but as long as they're a den for communists, Jews, the mafia, and the corrupt and lazy they'll forever be bad.

Also this whole "not getting fired thing"
is fucking bullshit, in the union we don't call it getting fired.

We call it getting laid off, Exact same thing.

But with a lay off you can sit on government benefits forever. Most guys literally work half the year and the other half YOU pay for.

$36/month of my $52/hour plus benefits and job security is cheaper than any tax the government takes off my cheque by a long shot. Plumber in Toronto

Union leaders rob the worker and are just as bad or worse than the CEOs.

Unions are idiotic liberal bandaids, a placebo to pacify the masses than to actually confront capitalism.

Unions make it difficult to fire people who are lazy and/or idiots.

As a matter of attrition that means they end up filled with lazy idiots because skilled and motivated workers end up leaving. The only people who actively endorse unions are people who are in a position to game the system, people who see the first group and want to emulate them and straight idiots. The last group almost always does 90% of the work and will be put to literally any job they can 'handle' even if specialty training or certifications are contractually obligated.

It creates an environment where the following scenario is seen across the country.

>start new job with a union
>discover your supervisor cuts corners, takes naps on the job, hasn't learned anything new in 20 years and wants things done their way
>if you report this you are a snitch
>if you make a serious effort into fixing the problem you will be fired or run off the job
>any kind of attempt to be an exemplary worker will cause you problems
>doing too good of a job will cause you problems
>you will be told things like "you shouldn't have said you did that so fast.. you made the guy who did it before look bad!"

>you will be told things like "you shouldn't have said you did that so fast.. you made the guy who did it before look bad!"

That's any job. You come across as a boozhie faggot desu.

We don't need unions for that. Better pay and working conditions is determined by the employee. Unhappy? Quit. If everyone quits the company will fail because it is literally impossible to retrain an entire company. A lot of time and money goes into training new employees. Quit. Start your own company. I'm free to work for whatever pay I want and the union bullies have no right to stop me.

This happens in manufacturing. My friends who work at a ford plant tell me horror stories often. In construction and the trades however, the guys who can't hack it get laid off. There is job security in the way that the union will find you a job when laid off. That being said, your reputation will follow you company to company. I know of numerous individuals who have been blacklisted. Trades unions in my experience are positive and for the workers and in maintaining standards in the workplace

Be unions:
>Claim to want to improve wages.
>Dump tons of money into supporting the democrats and illegal immigration.

If you look at what policies they actually try to implement, it has been a long time since unions did anything to actually help their members.

I'm in a labour union. This.

Eveyone knows niggers and niggers slaves built everything America fuck off OP

No, not it does not

Unions have given me a wage of 58k for doing simple work, 5 weeks of paid vacation+1 week unpaid per year, unlimited sick days and a free coffee mug, I can't complain.

Also, I'm not even in the union but I still get all the bennies. cheers m8s.

Unions served their purpose, now they are incredibly corrupt and only contribute to the fouling of this once great country.
t. Union worker that isn't a lazy fuck like 99% of the people I work with

Unions were good during certain times. But now they bring about their own destruction

>labour unions are bad for 'Murika
..say your corporate overlords, who have
waged a successful war on unions over
the past several decades, during which
time inflation-adjusted wages have been
stagnant. Coincidence?