Smoke weed

>smoke weed
>all of a sudden a rush, where I feel like writing down all of my thoughts that suddenly enters my head

What's going on here, scientifically ?

Does THC increase your intellect? I fucking wrote down two pages of notes while I was high.

Now read them...

>being so useless that a depressant motivates you

Alex Jones looked good when he was younger. All that brain force fucked him up

Indica strains have this effect, yes.

post the notes

FPBP

You literally experienced a symptom of psychosis.

This. Half the shit I write down high is total nonsense, only about 1% is actually interesting.

No, the part of your brain which filters your output went to sleep

Imagine being such a retarded, deluded fuck that weed actually makes you feel smarter

>Does THC increase your intellect?
It's a psychoactive drug so it causes neurons to fire in chain reactions to neurons in other areas of the brain that aren't normally connected, so it increases your ability to produce more creative ideas.

It's just errands, mostly.

It's just my brain going "you need to do this, that, and the other". And I wrote everything down, along with reminders to text and call certain people, along with ideas for a project I have

They were all worthwhile shit that I wouldn't have thought anything of while normal, but I should have had (but again, wouldn't have )

I'll also think of shit in a different perspective,

Like how a woman's worth is significantly reduced in a man's eyes if she's relatively unattractive, which no doubt stunts society and furthermore puts stress on women.

If everyone smoked weed, I believe society would.be hundreds of years ahead of where we are now. We have every reason to believe this.

put the bong down, man

Dude, you literally experience psychosis there. I am not even joking. There is a name for that.

Imagine being a pussy that's too scared to smoke weed.

Bait and different IDs.

>If everyone smoked weed, I believe society would.be hundreds of years ahead of where we are now. We have every reason to believe this.
WOKE
O
K
E

So you got high, then wrote down a bunch of shit that you were able to keep right in your head without notes while sober, and now you think that we'd be star trek if we just smoked more weed.

Fuck you, retard.

it doesn't put any new information in your mind it just helps you access it differently

don't get too carried away by it, think of smoking weed like a change in routine. don't let it become a new routine

Drugs affect your thinking.
Some drugs will strengthen certain aspects of intelligence, and weaken others.
Alcohol makes you pretty dumb, but it relaxes you. So you might write better with a little alcohol because you won't second guess everything.
Weed allows you to make different connections. Sometimes you get pretty creative ideas. Sometimes ideas that are just stupid might SEEM like a good idea.
Personally I found that I solved crossword puzzles much more easily when high. In law school many students found that a little weed improved their ability to solve legal essay questions.

No. It just scrambles your brain. You lose perspective essentially. Focus on things that otherwise you wouldn't (both intellectually and sensory) and think about them in unique manners or at least at different emotional and intellectual levels than you ordinarily would. It's why it's fun playing vidya or watching cartoons when stoned, but also why some people get anxious and paranoid.

The fuck are you talking about dude? It's just me motivated to think about shit I otherwise wouldn't bother to think about

YES thank you.

Like honestly dude, two pages of notes right off the cuff? If I was sober/normal like I am now, I'd think doing such a task would be a fucking chore.

decreases higher level functions, which control inhibition, so you are less likely to filter out garbage ideas.

>altered state
>thinks his intellect has expanded
Enjoy your trip.

Increases creativity, not intellect.

I will say this: browsing Sup Forums while high makes it even better.

Altered states can increase creativity because you're point of view got shifted a little and you're adjusting to it in a way a child adjusts to new things. But as for marijuana increasing your intellect? No. Your standards of what sounds smart was just lowered substantially.

it's best not to need it in the first place though . try meditation and other things that don't involve adding things to your brain

My brain tells me: "Yo you know what would be good right now? Go to the corner store and the tacobell and buy everything. Then come back here and watch funny shit"

I guess I've never put pen to paper and tried to like make music or something. The type of music Creating music like the type I listen to though would probably be more inspired by coke or meth.

>but also why some people get anxious and paranoid.

Never met one of those who wasn't a complete control freak.

Note: if you have control issues, do not take ANY psychoactive substances.

>It's just me motivated to think about shit I otherwise wouldn't bother to think about
No, it's you having to apply conscious effort to do the same mental tasks you can normally do without even realizing it.
>If I was sober/normal like I am now, I'd think doing such a task would be a fucking chore
That's because it is a fucking chore, and the only reason you think writing down a bunch of bullshit if a good idea is because you are FUCKING HIGH.

I always found that smoking weed would relieve my stress and anxiety which gave me the freedom to have deeper thoughts and a perspective which I do not usually allow myself to have.

>You lose perspective essentially.

>Focus on things that otherwise you wouldn't (both intellectually and sensory) and think about them in unique manners or at least at different emotional and intellectual levels than you ordinarily would.

These two points contradict each other. Not even defending weed, but your second paragraph mirrors my experience and I don't think that's negative at all, especially if you're already pretty smart, well-read, etc.

"Hurrr you're just scrambling your brain" is a ridiculous way to describe what happens.

Psychosis is the lack of a working filter, it happens when some brain matter loses their function due to altered metabolism in the brain so neurons start sending random signals where they shouldn't. I know this shit dude, I have experienced psychosis before. Whatever you do, don't think about yourself or you will go insane. Psychosis isn't just hallucinations that hollywood tells you, it's some intense shit.

sounds you just self-medicated your (((adhd)))

why is everyone so anti weed on here? its proven to have a myriad of benefits. And its getting legalized all over america so get used to it, its an amazing medicine. If all you get from it is "brain scrambled" then you're doing something wrong.

No, but you know I'm right.

Since smoking weed a couple years ago, I feel like I'm wildly above my years, you know. I feel far more mature and well rounded than my fellow 20 something year old peers.

It's really impressive how marijuana has accelerated my maturity, in how I view subject matter and situations.

There's no doubt that if everyone else smoked high grade THC that we collectively would be more advanced than we are now.

If Albert Einstein discovered Marijuana he'd be a proponent, undoubtedly.

Just the thought of him being against weed is hilarious, even.

The biggest pothead I ever knew was my class valedictorian. Pretty sure he was undiagnosed ADHD. He once stopped smoking for a couple weeks in freshman year when a buddy of his got caught and expelled. He ended up starting again when he was referred to the councilor because the teachers thought he had started doing drugs. When he wasnt high he was a completely useless spaz.

>literally "i'm mature for my age tho"

I'm not being anti-weed at all. I know that cannabis can cause this. He can smoke it but there must be moderation or he will be fucked up for life. I have an uncle who smoked weed constantly and now he has Schizophrenia and it never goes away. I am genetically prone so I have it to but only mild.

We live in a society which encourages us to feel afraid and dissatisfied. I think when we smoke weed, it could be that we realise we have some of the lower needs covered and we've been worrying about them unneccessarily, and our mind moves onto the higher needs

Same here, I feel like im constantly spazzing out when Im not high

It depends on personality. I'm already task and list obsessed. When I smoke weed it just makes me paranoid and anxious because I feel the need to really be at work on incredibly stupid shit like changing the kitty litter AND my brain will tell me if I don't change it, it will smell, and someone will notice the smell and my landlord will evict me. Bam. There goes my night as I plan on my survival on the streets. When I was younger I loved it for creative writing ( I would list ideas and revise them sober) and for fapping.

I no longer smoke, at all, but I still get on the psychoactives like LSD or Methoxetamine once in a while, largely drama free (though mixing Ketamine or Methoxetamine and LSD resulted in the only truly bad trip I've ever had and even Ketamine alone can cause minor bad trips - although easier to rectify given the shortness of the effects).

when im sober i become more schizophrenic than when im high so....it works different for everyone and it doesnt just fuck people up for life. Theres no way you could get fucked up from life from cannabis rofl...

weed would be fine if it didn't fuck with your memory so hard. You can have the sweetest time ever and barely remember any of it

>Since smoking weed a couple years ago, I feel like I'm wildly above my years, you know. I feel far more mature and well rounded than my fellow 20 something year old peers.

Yes, you FEEL like you're smarter and more mature than you are, because you've literally compromised your ability to objectively measure yourself, and your ability to objectively measure everything in general. You aren't smarter, you're lowered your ability to perceive your own stupidity. Tell me, has this supposed enlightenment manifested in any kind of actually concrete success?

you need to get better control of your mind if it can easily just boss you around like that...

Post note excerpts, faggot.

You're talking about getting "too high"?

That happened to me a month ago, actually. I was high as fuck, and thought about the concept of death and the afterlife, and it gave me a panic attack.

I'm also a relatively novice smoker. Still learning my liMIT and how to control my high, etc.

It's just people that live in a culture where they'd rather poison themselves with light piss beer while dating overweight women than smoke marijuana and attract interesting women

Because I have multiple friends who lost a good chunk of the best years of their life to dude weed lmao. Yes, THC has important medical usages, but as a recreational drug it fucks up far more than it helps.

>increase your intellect
No but sativa makes you creative and sexy.
Smoking too much will make you retarded though

The constructs of concrete success are broken down when you get high. Also the objective measurements are themselves measured. What constitutes success? More happiness? Peace? Wisdom? Or is it something like financial or sexual gains? It varies from person to person.

>i become schizophrenic than when I am high
Do you even know what "schizophrenia" is? You don't have to be a paranoid retard to be schizophrenic. That is also likely withdrawal.
You should probably stop doing that completely. Even amphetamines and MDMA are better than weed.

>being a drooling retard is sexy

Psychosis is what happens if you remove the filter on your subconscious and you're not prepared at all. You need to set boundaries and follow them until you can float without them. Weed doesnt just give anyone psychosis tho.

derp, thought you said salvia

>The constructs of concrete success are broken down when you get high.

You're right, when your high you are too stupid to realize what actually matters.

>What constitutes success?
Career development, attainment and refinement of skills, physical fitness, financial gain, social accomplishment, winning competitions. "Being happy" is not success, it is a chemical state of the brain.

This^

Sup Forums hates weed bc if its "hippy lettuce" connotations. And in a sense they're right. But I've always maintained that a genius on weed is still a genius and might even tap into shit he's never thought possible. The perspective-shift that (sometimes) accompanies the high can be fucking glorious and life-altering.

Wrong I was off weed for 4 months and I became increasingly schizo, imagining entities and demons and spirits attacking me, until i smoked weed and it stopped, weed helps.

This. How much it fucks you up is directly correlated with how naive you were when you went in. Thinking about your own mortality or anything intense like that isn't illness, perpetual denial and refusal to come to terms is.

Marijuana strains:
>Indica
a "depressant" (downer, easy to remember with phrase "in da couch")
>Sativa
an upper

Weed is a depressive, it causes an objective decrease in cognitive ability. You just think you are smarter because your self perception becomes inaccurate, but anyone sober around you will perceive the truth.

weed helps me with all of that, as long as the goal is seen as worthwhile, weed is a helpful tool in any endeavor as long as its not abused.

wow you broke the code man you should make articles about your findings
i am sure reddit would be interested

It's fucking true.

Before, I got shortsightedly angry and jealous over my girlfriend hanging out with guy friends.

I smoked high grade Jack Herer, and I realized that I should view her hanging out with guys as an opportunity to gain new guy friends. After all, because I trust her, and because they're aware of me and have been with me as well, it'd be illogical to get angry over it, and it'd just result is missed opportunities for new friends, along with getting her angry.

Assuming that these dudes continue to stick with her knowing if my existence - those are the dudes to scoop up as friends

It genuinely feels like marijuana gives you a different perspective on things, which genuinely enhances your maturity and personal growth

Before weed I was an r9k forever alone that browsed that board for 5 years.

After smoking weed and getting high, I realized that there's nothing to scared of when taking to girls. Got myself a hot girlfriend, and went on to colege to start my journey ad an RN

I'm a fucking adult now and not a NEET bitch because of weed.

No it doesn't.

Havent u heard aldous huxley say consciousness is like a faucet and that psychedelics open the doors of perception? Weed just opens your faucet a little more by lowering your mental boundaries.

Yep. That's me. Explained it in the post below. I'm OCD. Was fine as a youngster, but as I got into my 20's I simply couldn't handle weed. Extreme paranoia and anxiety.

I'm fine with strong psychoactives - my one bad experience was with mixing LSD and a Ketamine derivative that's similar to PCP. The pleasant disassociative experience of K usually lasts a few minutes and you go into a sort of barely conscious hole. The LSD on the other hand had me wired and alert. So I became dissociated WHILE fully alert and functioning. I basically had to spend the next 2 hours utterly depersinalized and disassociated. I would focus on a clock to remind myself that I was where I was right now and it would soon be over. But sober thoughts then led contemplating things like the fact that I had to drive the next day and be at work the day after that which is a hell of a lot to contemplate when you are barely able to make sense of who and what you are and where and when you are.

Eventually I got given a Xanax and went into a dark room and just rode it out staring at the ceiling.

Not a lot of fun.

Also helped me further understand my controll issues and how they relate to my personality and politics.

Anyway, soz for the Erowid tier blog post.

>take a hit
>A woman's worth is significantly reduced in a man's eyes if she's relatively unattractive, which no doubt stunts society and furthermore puts stress on women.
>take another hit
>maybe if men and women were paired by similar attractiveness metric, we could eliminate the stress on women and create better society.
>take another hit
>Anyone who disagrees with this is a problem and drain on society who promotes sexism, racism, and homophobia
>take another hit
>Society would be better if they didn't exist. Maybe we should kill them
like pottery

Hell yes bro, success

everything in moderation kids

Weed is a psychedelic, not a depressive. Its effects are not positive nor negative it depends on what you are trying to do.

Overall, it makes you more excitable. It can produce good ideas in very smart people, but in most cases it produces "half-baked" ideas because people stop reality testing and thinking fully rationally because of the excitement about the concept of the idea.

I actually agree with, that's why he needs moderation. This is the same thing they teach you in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It just makes certain people more prone to psychotic symptoms. It's not wise to take this shit under a lot of stress just like any other drug. Unless you want to be on Thorazine for the rest of your life...
You are likely to experience those "schizo" thoughts under any stress. You might need to get that checked out. Have you ever experienced any traumatic event? It doesn't have to be family, even a dream.

Don't know how people experience weed this way. It just makes me slow, stupid and useless. Sometimes I can't wait to get sober after weed just so I can get back to being smart again.

This. Shit gets crazy and I go completely in my own head over analyzing small details of my surroundings and coming to neat realizations that aren't exactly world changing but warp my perception a bit.

I hate smoking. Fucking hippies.

Well, this
What happens is that it puts your associative thinking in overdrive...and yes, that is one of the symptoms of a pychosis. No reason to freak out though.
Now it is a matter of 'managing' it, and being able to surf that wave.
Not managing well does indeed result in a load of bullshit that makes no sense afterwards. Alternatively you forget what the actuall association was that you made, hence losing the plot of what you wrote down.
General philosofical training of thought/reasoning(logic) can clear out most of the bullshit thinking on the spot when it is internalized well enough.
Make sure that with your notes, you make the assiciations explicit, so you can make sense of it afterwards.
So yes, it can help you make connections and give insights you otherwise would not have made and reached. But for the love of God, please put in the effort into refining them when sober, in order to make then clear and practical, otherwise you will just another dope head.
Number one pitfall is ''the one sollution for everything'' thinking. an ironic example is the notion that industrial Hemp is the sollution for ''everything''. This may either be a thing(like hemp), or a thought construct/ideoligy etc.
Dont be(come) that guy
I have been smoking weed dayly for about 8 years now(with periods of months sober if i could not take a risk in achieving something).
On a sober period at the moment. Writing my first book(finaly). Its a philosofical/sociological work. The central notion is that ''responicibility is the currency of power''. Combined with the notion that '' an increase in techonology is an increase in potential; increase in potential is an increase in risk; increase in risk is an increase in responcibility. Those 2 give a sociological frame work of power relations in our contemporary society which i use to analyse the digital realm. Spoiler alert, we are moving/are in digital feudalism.
Gl user

Yes it does, cry all you want theres tons of stories talking about the success of weed, if you cant find any using the internet then you are just being willfully ignorant or trolling.

I'm not saying it's negative. I'm just saying what it does.

And scrambling your brain, essentially plugging in connections to different ports, is what happens. Can be good for creativity, can cause some people to be anxious.

Sounds similar to me. I have literally taken everything from my driver licence test to exams in university while high. I

I smoke a lot, but mostly by myself.

Ahahahahhaha yeess

Kek.

>smoke weed
>get cucked
Good job bro dude keep on keepin on chyeah.

"I don't have a problem with alcohol. Only without"

weed is known to act similarly to psychedelic drugs whose effects have similarities with psychosis.

only if you're a violent piece of shit, and cannabis makes you docile

>maybe if men and women were paired by similar attractiveness metric, we could eliminate the stress on women and create better society.
but that is actually what happens, nature has sort of figured that out

>After smoking weed and getting high, I realized that there's nothing to scared of when taking to girls.
Weed can actually improve anxiety, I will freely admit. But this is not by causing you to think more clearly; weed does the opposite. Instead it calms overactive stimulation of the parts of your brain responsible for fear, through molecular mechanisms yet to be elucidated.
Huxley was a fiction author, not a scientists or a doctor. Weed is useful to treat anxiety and pain, recreational doses only waste your time.

thats called following a thought train which happens alot on weed. If you reach a conclusion like that you can question how you made the leap from society not existing, to killing society. then you follow a new thought train. Its called thinking. Sometimes we end up with ridiculous end thoughts before detaching from the thought train and starting a new one. Its an essential part of using your brain.

All these people who are calling Marijuana a depressant probably had an education in the matter that started and ended in an elementary school anti-drug program.

By the way. I want to reiterate this

I WAS A TERMINAL FOREVERALONE BEFORE WEED.

Since then, I got a nice car, a hot girlfriend, a good career path, and my friend circle has increased wildly, along with my hobbies.

I more fully grasp the idea that we perhaps only have one existence (something that we'll never comprehend), and I live life with a sense of urgency.

Again, if society smoked marijuana as much as we consume alcohol, our GDP would be significantly higher.

I mean fuck, it could even redpill the SJWs and stop them from thinking so insularly

What are drugs?

Thats the entire point of them. Mood and mind altering.

If you could just choose to feel like you were on MDMA every day your dealer would be out of business.

yeah i had a traumatic lsd trip and livin with my emotionally and mentally toxic parents for a lot of my life.

Meditate and practice cognitive behavioral therapy.

Don't see a therapist look it up online.

>iamverysmart

god you're a fucking troll get fucked

Weed is very much a depressive. Your physical and mental activity goes down when you use it. Weed does not cause people to come up with better ideas, it can only cause them to stop filtering out the stupid ones.

Post the notes and let us be the judge of that.

yeah moderation is key...but how come some guy shares his positive weed experience and you jump right in saying he just experienced psychosis and to practice moderation? nothing he posted originally seemed to be psychosis...

Nice I would be interested in reading it