Austria to replace Eurofighters... with F-16

Yes, the Eurofighter is such a shit plane, Austria wants to rather operate used F-16s or even Swedish Gripen E.

Why can't Europe into military planes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GyDJ9GPcYSs
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_Trainer
army-technology.com/features/featurethe-worlds-best-armoured-personnel-carriers-4142101/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Requirements to split the work between countries based not on expertise but on some sense of equality?

>Gripen E
Who doesn't want a fighter jet you can land on pretty much anything above the quality of a gravel road and rearm with a crew of 4-5 people?

Unfortunately, my country got told to buy the F-35 or else.

And they even got into huge fraud to sell the shitty plane to Austria.

eurofighter is actually a good plane but:
*) we got the alpha version (important systems missing)
*) cant fly when it rains
*) not enough pilots
*) we payed to much because of phoney contracts
*) very expensive to maintain because of the same reason (one seal costs 14.554 €uros
*) we dont need planes at all because we are neutral and russia usa or nato has to help us in case of attack

Washer: 1125,- €uro

Nut: 29.091 €uro

There better be some crazy QA behind this.

Why don't they buy the Rafale?

How does a washer cost over a thousand Monopoly dollars?

German autism (aka lets make shit super complex and increase the number of moving parts by 300% for that last 1% of theoretical performance)

>Washer: 1125,- €uro
wew lad

Maintainer here the 35 is actually breddy good. All modern aircraft have a teething period. Back when the 16 was like 8 mil a pop they used to call them lawn darts because the avionics would shit out all the time and they would nose dive into the mohave. The ones we sell to the saudis cost like 90 mil a pop.

>Why can't Europe into military planes?
What is the Rafale? Your question should be what's wrong with the rest of Europe and their planes.

Yet the few we've "received" are stationed in the US.
Shits probably coming with kill switches if we don't bomb for you under the guise of NATO as well.

Binland is searching for a f-18 replacement soon. We have given up on air superiority and focused on guerilla tactics instead. Impromptu airstrips on the highways with cable brakes. I see no point in buying any of the planes on the market today as we would loose most of the bush flying capability..

Probably has non standard threading and made using some exotic titanium alloy that is extremely difficult to work with and then put through extreme quality control.

Instead of just using two standard stainless nuts and bolts for same strength albeit a bit more weight.

Stainless doesn't fly very well. Increased fatique issues become a problem way before corrosion..

They could probably replace every bolt and nut after every flight for a lot cheaper.

get out of NATO then

I fucking wish. USA forced us to buy their "fighter" jets to bomb for NATO. What makes you think we'd be allowed to leave?
Read the diplomatic cables from wikileaks and you'll understand how it works. We're about 5 million people whose foreign policy is dictated by USA.

Yeah, during peace time it would be a no-brainer. But for defence purposes we especially need a plane that can survive a 40 day war with 250 shitty landings and full power takeoffs with potentially zero maintenance. War on our clay will likely be extremely short and intense with both af:s main goal in destroying enemy artillery..

>not building a swarm of modified mig25s armed with chemical lasers
its like you dont even want air superiority
well then they made a good choice , F16s are pretty much the worlds best fighter planes currently .

Why do you always spam this thread?

Europe can't military anything. They almost completely rely on one country. And they treat that one country like shit.

easy. abolish that godless abomination of a "state", the USA.

it's the devil's country. they single-handedly destroyed Christianity in the West.

they willingly imported the negro en masse, and it was their plan to free them at some point.

in two fucking worldwars they destroyed all that was left of old european values. now we have degenerates and communists in our parliaments, and we're getting flooded by godless shitskins.

our children are getting depraved by constant brainwashing through american media

>abolish that godless abomination of a "state", the USA.
Good luck with that, Mohammed.

>F16s are pretty much the worlds best fighter planes currently .
I thought jews weren't supposed to be stupid, there are like four American fighters that outclass the f16 in every way

holy shit I haven't seen tism like this in a while. this is the most inbred post I've seen in at least three weeks

Aren't the F16 an F18 designed to be more versatile cost saving alternatives to the F15 and F14, not necessarily superior to them.

tell me I'm wrong.
tell me, where does all the degeneracy in the west come from?

go back to r/the_donald you fucking civic nationalists. "look at those based black men amirite?"

fucking cancer
Sup Forums is a Christian board

nope they dont senpai ,the closest thing to a way to compare them is military exercises and IAF f16s btfo every plane in existence .

But still you do it. Why be a sucker? I really wish you stopped paying mind overseas so we had to straighten up.

F-16 is very affordable compared to anything else. BAe Hawk isn't by far the best jet trainer, yet...

>Sup Forums is a Christian board
Fuck you and your yid slave religion.

The F15 is unbelievable as a fighter and makes the F16 look like a sopwith Camel. The divide between the F14 and F18 is less pronounced, but is still very pronounced. The superhornet the Americans gave their navy is an unbelievable airframe
>tell me, where does all the degeneracy in the west come from?
Have you not been to any of your major cities? Germany as a nation is both Sodom and Gomorrah
But this is objectively wrong. You use the F16's that USA sells you and in their simulators, a single F22 annihilates 4 F16's without so much as breaking a sweat
youtube.com/watch?v=GyDJ9GPcYSs

have you not read my post? america did that to us after WWII.
they forced their negro degeneracy upon us. hitler would never have allowed this

This might be true in a tight airspace with short response times. There are better planes for long range, planned shorties. F-18 suited our use better because it's twin engine and we can't afford to loose a lot of planes anyway so something that can limp home works better..

Super hornet is superb, it combines the best properties of F-18 and F-15. Only reason it isn't a huge success is hurr durr muh politics of next generation low radar footprint

>IAF f16s btfo every plane in existence
Are you sure you don't actually mean F-15? As far as I know, it's the F-15 that has by far the most impressive kill ratio in the world (some 100 kills vs 0 losses or something like that).

>(((simulators)))
of course (((they))) would want the new shiny plane to win against a jizillion old ones because they wanna sell more planes to the goverment . bad simulations do not reflect reality , you can design simulations and tailor them to the conditions that favor whatever plane you want to win.

you can design a simulation where spitfires BTFo f22s .

F16/15s were used in plenty of long range strikes in hostile airspaces and worked just fine. they have 2 enemy nuclear reactors under their belt.

Is this still good?

That's what you get with womyn quotas
Matiarchy is still gaining

So eurofighter is the apple of military planes.

>Kiked

Hey, Varg.

What the hell are these made of? moon rocks?

Yes, but it's not getting sold abroad for a long time. The thing is a fucking ghost.

>tell me, where does all the degeneracy in the west come from?

Marxists of all stripes. Destroy Marxism, save the West.

>german
>calling americans brainwashed
holy kek

the crushed dreams of european whites

If someone could afford a herd. Production ceased 2012 @~180 made

marx, a german

I heard Germany had to train its new pilots in cardboard boxes with painted on wings due to extensive budget cuts.

They destroyed the manufacting base. Meaning, they destroyed the machines that make the machines.

All we have is all we're ever going to get. It's the F35 or nothing. Welcome to crony military industrial complex.

it's a jew you fucking gook. and we hated jews. Americans forced us to let them act freely

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_Trainer

You still have 22 of these kek

Dude production is just spooling up. you don't want the first batch. we are going to build a thousand of them. give it some time and it will all make sense.

Pls buy F-35s

He still unleashed the worst horror this world has ever seen. If your country wasnt such a cuck shithole they would have killed him before he even got started.

Martin Luther, Marx, Hitler, Merkel, all you germans do is fucking ruin europe

Yeah, we don't have no military anyway, nearly 0 military spending.

How many rafale have crashed in the past 10 years?

It's good, but it's neither affordable nor practical for a small nation like us, military spending in 2016 only made up 0.03% of the whole spending.

>Yeah, we don't have no military anyway, nearly 0 military spending.
Everyone loves the Pandur. It is a perfect light tank for modern warfare. Strong enough to withstand jihadist rockets and IEDs, and agile enough to drive straight into a city full of jihadists. You should build a lot more of them Pandurs.

This won't survive an RPG-7, let alone some advanced ATGM.

>Why don't they buy the Rafale

Because it's also expensive for a small country like us, and we don't really need a full blown air superiority/mulrirole fighter. We need an easy to maintain and affordable plane to secure our airspace and keep our pilots trained, that's modern enough and in line with NATO standards.

Something like the Gripen is perfect for that, it's modern and has a long service life ahead. We won't ever fight a modern country anyway soon and it's good enough to bomb nignogs and sandniggers as part of eventual joint missions in the future.

You don't have to be Varg to see that a religion that teaches you that jews are gods chosen people is a slave religion.

>This won't survive an RPG-7, let alone some advanced ATGM.
You, sir, are wrong.

army-technology.com/features/featurethe-worlds-best-armoured-personnel-carriers-4142101/

>Something like the Gripen is perfect for that, it's modern and has a long service life ahead.

Quite honestly, buying the Gripen is probably the best choice. The problem is that the Swedes cannot really offer those "one corrupt hand washes the other corrupt hand" Gegengeschaefte.

Anyway, it is probably the best, cheapest and easiest solution to the Austrian air defense crisis. The Gripen really is by far the cheapest option which is why Czechia and Hungary got them.

I don't want to disapoint you, but even Leopard-2 was once blown up by ISIS with Anti-Tank missle last year. How could it be even possible just for light armored vehicle to survive at urban combat to counter terrorists?

really? shit, that's some overextending
or, typical iraqi fuckups

Tbh those Leopard 2 were driven by Turks so I dunno if that counts

No need for air superiority fighters, anymore. Mud huds don't exactly dogfight.

French Wiki says five in 10 years. English says four.
Typhoons have 5 in the last ten years and 6 in total, three by the spanish air force....

Call China and buy some J-10C, it's like a Gripen for half the cost, bonus: Nato butthurt is guaranteed.

There have been many T72s with reactive armor in Syria which were penetrated by RPG-29s.

Gripen was already a competitor when they got the Eurofighters but our politicians went for the most expensive option because it gave them an easier time to hide the money they blew on snorting cocaine out of hookers buttcracks

Since the Lissabon treaty EU also became a military alliance. Much like NATO, you have to send soldiers to other EU countries in case of an attack.

>Bite the hand that feeds
Sounds like a great idea

It doesn't matter wether or not Kebabs or Iraqis drove it. The real sheeit is it was penetrated by TOW-2 and exploded.

>NATO
>Feeds Europe

>Implying 1 Spitfire wouldn't BTFO 200 F22s

Are you in NATO?

>We won't ever fight a modern country anyway
I guess the US should close down all our bases in europe.

That shits expensive, totally useless. sad.

F-16 is shit nigga get the F-35 lightning II

>I guess the US should close down all our bases in europe.
You should.

Also you should do it in South Korea etc, what fucking purpose does it have? South Korea can easily beat North Korea in conventional warfare and if North Korea uses nukes then your 50k personnel base won't do shit.

Redpill me on Russian MiG-35 and Su-35,are they worse,about the same,or better than their Euro and US counterparts?

No bias please.

We are not in NATO, just a member of Partner for Peace.

the official explanation was the washer is only a few cents but the logistics behind the whole spare parts system is tremendous :^) so you have to pay for the service a fortune

>needing fighters, new warships, expensive arms deals when the nuclear deterrent and NATO exist

Why aren't more people outraged at such a pointless waste of public funds?

different but more or less equivalent in effectiveness

Because it's really all diplomacy and not about the plane performances, either you buy the EU (Typhoon) or the american one (F35 for the prenium or F18 if you can't afford it).

Only countries that bought a Rafale did it because they wanted France as a "protector" (Qatar and Egypt) or because they didn't want to rely/align too much with the US or Russia (India).

They will most probably not be another french fighter anyway, the next one is almost guaranteed to be european and personally I'm fine with it as long as the british aren't part of it (because they suck at it) and the process is restrained to France, Germany, Italy and the BeNeLux.

>Implying the American Empire should end it's colonial occupation over it's puppet states
oy vey

>Also you should do it in South Korea etc, what fucking purpose does it have? South Korea can easily beat North Korea in conventional warfare and if North Korea uses nukes then your 50k personnel base won't do shit.

That's pretty clearly a different situation.
we are at war with NK.

the 30k troops in SK are only there to provide a sacrifice / pledge to glass NK in accordance with our treaty with SK, if the north invades.

At least thats the official standpoint.

I think its just to sell more shit that blows up.

Get rid of your fucking bases in NZ you faggots you have no reason to be here.

Because Europe depends on the welfare program called NATO for defense.

>What the hell are these made of? moon rocks?
>the crushed dreams of european whites
top bantz

sounds like a good idea.

Also your fucking NSA bases you hide in our country pretending to be "NZ intelligence agency".
Go colonise Canada or something instead.

Its because fucking cuts in maintenance. Corrupt shitheads in the army.