Sup Forums BTFO - Tech legend condemns Silicon Valley sexism

Former Twitter CEO and tech legend Dick Costolo has confirmed in an interview that gender discrimination against women is a huge problem in the tech industry - and that measures must be taken to correct it:

>Costolo Says the Reality of Tech’s Gender Problem Is ‘Probably Way Worse Than We've Seen’

>After Silicon Valley was rocked by several recent allegations of sexual harassment, former Twitter Inc. Chief Executive Officer Dick Costolo said that the reality of the gender dynamics in the industry is "probably way worse than we've seen so far."

>"The investors in some of these venture firms are simply ignoring it, or paying lip service to it and ignoring it, and funding some of these enterprises anyway," Costolo said in an interview with Bloomberg TV. "It’s widely understood that some of these issues were things that had been said in the background and yet new funds were raised."

>Costolo added that he'd like to see the industry do more than sign the "decency pledge" that LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman proposed, saying that investors in venture funds should consider backing more of those led by women or people of color, who are under-represented in the industry. Hoffman had proposed a zero tolerance policy of venture capitalists making advances toward portfolio company employees.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-12/costolo-says-the-reality-of-tech-s-gender-problem-is-probably-way-worse-than-we-ve-seen

Codeword for less white men

Beautiful, it's like anoda shoah. Soon enough they'll replace all white CEOs with sassy black women that will end up crashing the tech industry with no survivors.

>former CEO of a failed business model that has yet to make a single cent of profit

I couldn't care less. Actually, I did not even read his statement but instead used that time to make my shitpost.

Failed business model? He's worth over half-a-billion dollars.

What for? He was the CEO of a company that never turned a profit and never will, Twitter is a money sink, a political/media tool propped up by who the fuck knows. Twitter is great for propaganda but worthless as a proper company.

Twitter has not made a single cent of profit and it's already past its peak, so it never will either.
The business model is thus failed, the fact that he also managed to scam a bunch of gullible tards doesn't change anything about that. Unless you want to consider Ponzischemes successful business models.

I laughed for a moment, then shit got real.

Twitter/TWTR is a publicly-traded company. If you really think it is worthless, why not short the stock, which is currently trading at $18.64 per share? I mean, if it's actually worthless, its shareholders would flee, right?

>be me
>be smart, white, usa-born, computer guy
>see my other smart high school friends go into banking/finance jobs
>get computer degree, get employed in silicon valley
>sit around meeting table
>me, white guy manager, 3 chinese, 4 indians
>work with female tech workers daily
>hear about sexism lawsuits every year or so
>work for years, begin to put 2 + 2 together
>realize that every sexual harassment lawsuit involves a male chinese, indian, or butt-hurt loser american nerd

Sexism exists in silicon valley,
but it's not coming from the average white dude.
It's coming from the people who come from sexist cultures,
including the pathetic nerds who couldn't get their sexual shit together by the time they graduated college.

If you're a normal american dude who wants to stop these sexism claims,
get off your ass and get a STEM degree.

Otherwise, you're letting the terms be dictated by the women who are RIGHTFULLY offended
by being victims of the worst class of men.

It is worthless in the same sense as all other media company are, NYT, CNN, The Guardian, ..., they're all losing money but there will always be someone willing to sink money to keep pushing a certain narrative out there. They're tools of influence, of propaganda.

>I mean, if it's actually worthless, its shareholders would flee, right?

Are you the most gullible retard in the world? You just don't believe in overvalued companies or stock price crashes?

You missed out on the dotcom bubble bursting and the 2008 crisis? You also believe we're not currently in yet another bubble cycle that's ready to pop?

Twitter produces nothing. We saw this exact shit during the dotcom crisis when people started asking what the fuck all these nonsense companies were going to do to make money. It was a house of cards.

I'm not surprised. Most silicon valley is run by liberal Satan worshipping Jewish homosexuals that want nothing to do with women above the age of 13.

>former twitter CEO
into the trash it goes

>propped up by who the fuck knows
I think the Saudis own a majority of the shares nowadays

>the Saudis own a majority of the shares

The Saudis own a majority of everything
because stupid rednecks keep driving (pic related)
and filling their pockets full of cash.

He just want to destroy his rival developers in flooding them with woman.

Women need to take some measures to learn to write good code. They are great at lots of other things like business analysis, UI, and getting men to help them with their trashy code.

Hopefully some of the kids who grow up in this everyone codes time can get their shit together.

>I mean, if it's actually worthless, its shareholders would flee, right?

It's worth it's share price so long as people see it as hip and cool. The next better communication platform arrives and Twitter's stock value will be like a fart in the wind.

At least people aren't just dumping their money into any stock because it's an "Internet company." That cracked me up, all those boomers dumping money into any number of website companies, who had no product or service, but just a flashy (sometimes literally) website. They thought virtual money would just pour in over the Internet.

Then they were angry the government didn't bail them out directly.

I hope he puts his money where his mouth is, funds Shaniqua's negro BNB and loses all his money shorty afterwards.

It's a fucking terrible investment, too. There has been zero average growth over the last year, the only way how you could pull any profits out of it if you are good at predicting the up and downs of the price.
Much easier to just throw it into ETFs were you get your guaranteed 4% after taxes and forget about it.

ETFs are the next hype. Everyone is doing them (including me).

Because they are basically the equivalent to what your bank account used to be, before the central banks killed off the interest rates. You put your money in there and in exchange get a more or less stable return.

And the only way you'll really make long term losses is if the world wide economy goes down the shitter, in which case most investments that aren't property, precious metals or ammunition/canned food would become worthless, too.

nice id