Why Sup Forums? Why?

Why do I need religion or even the law when thanks to evolution i know instinctively what is best for me? You know that both religion and the law prevent people from fixing western europe by banning guns and declaring violence a sin. You claim that I need to give money to the fat priest or else I lose morality, but my morality is fine. I'm not stupid. Invest that church money in education and stop giving them more money. The Church is corrupt and has more money than some governments. Yet people starve.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AdH2DGSXjss
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanterelle
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

True. By giving away your right to violence, you're giving away your freedom. State = God.

>Why do I need religion
Some people aren't smart enough to make their own morals and religion fixes that.

youtube.com/watch?v=AdH2DGSXjss

make them believe in scientific progress and space exploration instead of behaving like slaves and paying fat fucks to take away their sins.

>make them believe in scientific progress
If they're gonna believe in someone, I'd rather that be God, personally. I mean, why settle for Caesar when you can have a Waldorf?
>Pic related

Because making people believe in a single fucking "person" makes them easy to control. It doesn't promote thinking on your own at all.

>makes them easy to control
>implying that's God's thing
Actually, God's thing is giving His creatures free will. You get to make mistakes, if you so choose.
>It doesn't promote thinking
The whole purpose of Revelation (in general, not the book in the Bible) is that man might learn Who God is, which necessarily implies thinking. It's why so many people have different understandings of the One God.

>It's why so many people have different understandings of the One God
That's what happens when you refuse to base your logic on reality.

Because you understood it wrong. Because you listen to other people who understood it wrong. The universe (creator) has devoloped along a path which has bestowed on you the very instincts you're talking about. Your instincts ARE the highest authority and the purpose of religion is to achieve a state of 'enlightement' which simply means you possess the neccessary wisdom and knowledge to fully understand the consequences of your actions. Also, self-confidence. When you trust what's inside you opposed to what other people tell you you will become a true individual instead of a collectivists. Your instincts want this. And that is the irony of religion.

yeah, bullshit

where the proofs?

Ładne kurki gotujesz OP

religion and the law are the founding methods that help us as a species to get along.

We are not ants and therefore not adapted to living in a rigidly structured society. (We are not evolved to co-exist in groups bigger than 250 individuals)

Therefore we use these systems to establish norms, even buying mushrooms at the store would be impossible without them. (Eg, the understanding of language, money, trade, etc)

They are like an old operating system we are trying to upgrade, but nobody seems to have picked a better OS. (Marx for example tried an upgrade, but it was actually a downgrade in disguise).

1. I picked them up in the forest. Buying mushrooms is haram.
2. If society is Windows than who is Linux?

good to see you are making something decent this time

That, my mushroom hunting friend, is the biggest question in the world.

If you figure it out, let me know.

Are they oysters? I had some shitakes last night I got from a grower, cooked up with some butter, pepper and salt, fucking delicious m8

these are shrooms mate

Stallman is a Communist, right? What are the views of Linus?

obviously they don't have kurki in that part of the world.

What species? I used to pick Psilocybe Subaeruginosa and my friend used to grow Cubensis on cakes.

fuck off with your shitposts

Stop conflating the corrupt church and clergy with religiousness.

if people instinctively knew what's best for them, we wouldn't have the refugees, obesity, aids, single/teenage mothers, and so many stupid people becoming famous on JewTube

It's not a shit post at all, look at those species I mentioned and you will realize.

We all know that taking in refugees is bad. Angela Merkel also knows that it's bad but she has an agenda, she is simply evil.

are those mushrooms wild? u gonna die

oh, sorry then
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanterelle
this is the shroom

I already ate them. Git good at recognizing eadible shrooms.

fact: mushroom gathering "experts" are the only ones who ever die from eating poisonous mushrooms

or kill their grandkids with them, like one did here a few years back

Law and Religion is for savages, yes. Except in special, rare circumstances, law enforcement is not needed in a homogeneous society and religion is not part of the agenda at large. Both law and religion has been pushed on you and your family for generations because it is needed for savages and shitskins, to produce a global new world order. You and your people don't need it, which is why they intend on removing or replacing you. You are too strong and must be eliminated. This is how they view it.

Living causes cancer.
Get your head out of your ass and enjoy life. It's free food and it's relaxing as fuck.

so, religion, according to bing now, is the belief in god. I thought it was more complicated but it's not. I cannot prove scientifically god exists, only through logic, but 'evidently' or empirical evidence is highly debatable. Logically, to me at least, the current scientific consensus on evolution complies with biblical source. There are a few holes, but mostly what science has discovered is the truth of the situation, but only empirically, therefore god as being a controlling force in the laws of physics, or what not, is taken out of the picture because there is no sensory evidence. I learned that from an amazing atheist video ironically. If the universe has infinite potential then why cannot god exist? But there cannot be one god all powerful and another all powerful, so one will overtake the other, because in an infinitely potential universe the possibility of an infinitely powerful god that always was and is would give answer to the question of the origin of light. but empirically, there is no sensory evidence for that claim.

>Hillary Clinton is still not in jail.

By the way, how can you live in a country where you can't talk to any bodywith any amount of power without a lawyer?

deep

You can make up ANY logic. As long as this logic is sound internally it is a valid logic. Think about it fags. The problem with religion is that their logic is contradictory, hence they can't be treated seriously.

yolo

Evolution has also left you with a capacity to be socialized. You are not adapted to make decisions on your own, rather you are adapted to make use of social cues.

Evolution has also left you with the capacity to recognize the Catholic church is a corrupt institution. You are not adapted to tolerate those who simply exploit you, rather you are adapted to resist that exploitation once it becomes clear following your exploiters has not benefit for you.

but you can't mathematically speaking, and I think that was of sound logic because either a: our universe has infinite potential therefore god is likely in infinite time and space, or B: our universe has limitations on time and space implying an overall force, and an overall force that can control such things implies sentience.

Evolution causes complexity to rise over time. If there was a god at the beginning he must have been maximally simple and everywhere. God is energy. This definition solves all your problems. Protip : energy doesn't want anything nor think anything. It's everywhere and is a cause of everything.

I basicly agree with you but I would say the state is the bigger here. Religion is voluntary unlike the state. Religion can be benefitial to your life unlike the state.

I don't think space exploration can teach you morals. Neet little storys and anecdots do a better job at this.
As some have already pointed out that the vast majority of people aren't capeable or unwilling to use philosophy to create their own moral compass.

True, but as we have also discovered time and space are relative, and based on consciousness and a force of energy that can control time and space which are relative to our perception must be sentient. sentient energy. but let's take a step back: because really I don't think people go to hell or anything for being skeptical or questioning the existence of god, or even sinning, I legitimately think all eventually go to heaven, and purgatory and hellfire last "for an age" so, just to get that out of the way.

Nice kurki bro. And yea, your are right, we should back to more violent pagan religion.

If there is no hell then religion is a giant waste of time and brain virus.

Evolution is fake and gay. (You)I share a common ancestor with a fucking pineapple yo.