THE GREAT DEBATE

THE GREAT DEBATE

stop

SLIDE/Survey thread
GTFO

How many times are you going to post this shitty thread?

again? Fuck off

KILL THE ROASTIES.

why not just stop?

The thread has died for this sin.

kill the women only because the swerving is a proactive action

>gauranteed 5 kills
>potentially less than 5 kills
gee idk

Run them over because they're women.

The jaywalking people should have made sure that they can safely cross the road. The car should follow its path. Also, who would buy a fucking AI car that is programmed to kill you in this situation? Those wouldn't sell at all.

Run over the people because that won't damage your car as much.

Which is guaranteed?
>hit a wall, everyone might survive
>hit the people, everyone might survive

If all those videos of people running over protesters have taught me anything, its that getting hit by a car probably won't kill you

brake.

it's green for the car, and red for the women

>people walking on the road when the sign clearly tells them to stop

Fucking kill them all, they deserve it.

/thread

It would just stop and if it crashes to the barrier there would be security measures to protect the passengers, like airbags, belt, moldable metal to absorb the impact, etc. Unless you drive at retarded speeds, then it's all the driver fault.
Nice political discussion btw.

Also this . Peds shouldn't have crossed the street because of red light.

This quiz was not about self driving cars but measuring racism, it's options however, rate you racist just for prioritizing the car's occupants, which imho a self driving car should always do. Pedestrians need to not be retarded, if running over a child playing in the street will keep me safe then I would do it and I expect a driverless car to do it.

the thing is, imagine if BLM protesters learn that a driverless car will always kill the occupant under certain conditions. they would strive to create those conditions and walk into traffic with a group or picture of a group knowing the car will swerve into a wall. This would surely become an assassination tool.

Drift, front end catches the blockađe, rear end gets the crowd as the car flips around. All dead.

Don't buy a car that you can't control.

this. a self driving car should never be going so fast that it can't react to avoid a collision

The only plausible answer is: natural selection

A better question is what the britbong did. Legit accident meme'd into a falseflag by filthy gubbernments and mudslimes?

the women deserve to die for jaywalking, but the men deserve to die for being dumb enough to get into a automatic car.

this truly is a conundrum

I like your style burger.

>women walking on the road when the sign clearly tells them to stop

FTFY

>Buy car
>It decides to kill me
Literally a cuckmobile

>The only plausible answer is something that hasn't even slightly existed in hundreds of years

the car is still abit away they can make it easily to the other side safely

what kind of stupid shit is this
a situation only a human would have gotten into
solved by only 1 of 2 soulutions given by a human

gimme a break

a propper self driving car would try to not get in a situation like this

also, brake. who the fuck drives so fast over a crosswalk beside a barrier with probably red lights

>silly utilitarian commies

Obviously, machine supremacy must prevail to for the machine itself to have any utility, and therefore continue to exist. It's basic evolution.

If the car can't be made to stop while protecting the passengers inside, then those pedestrian plebs are alerady dead.

As if its no obvious, people walking in red line needs to die

Trick question.

Everyone is dead because they are travelling at insanely relative velocities.

Blue-shifted car and red-shifted people. Insane speeds man. Result is probably this.

So are you advocating for the AI driver to prefer endangering its passengers because they have airbags over pedestrians?

Explain to me which person would buy an AI-driven vehicle that didn't prioritise their own lives over some stupid gypsy who walks in front of the car.

Self-driving car should preserve life of passenger at any cost. I doubt there is a human on earth who'll get into a car that can kill him if it decides that someone's life worths more.

The right. The short answer is the free market answer. If people found out their car did the left image then they would go to the competitor's car who did the right image. No one wants a car that favours some stranger's life over their own.

Red = dead
Kill all commies.

If they're not white just kill them

It can always choose to stop.

Life of the passengers should be first priority in every single situation. The would be driver has no control over the car, so he has no blame. Also, no one would buy a rolling coffin which puts his life beneath people crossing the street wrongly.

wtf i love macron now

A train shouldn't automatically derail itself anytime a chucklefuck walks onto the tracks, nor should a self-driving car force itself to crash when someone does the same.

The car has safety devices, airbags, seat belts etc. There is a higher chance that the passengers will survive a crash.

>buy car
>car chooses to kill me over people breaking the law

I'm just going to buy another car made by less retarded people, the free market yet again found a solution.

They wouldn't tell you what the AI is programmed to do.

Lol good luck. Most programmers are huge beta cucks and I garunteed you the car will prioritise the life of women.

I guess there is some cam in the car so it can stop if there is some obstacles. Also klaxon

well now that I think about it, its a crosswalk street, so the car is going like 45 max. which is more than enough time to break at that distance. hitting the barrier wont kill the people inside if they are wearing seat belts.

alternatively, the car could use the friction of grinding against the side wall at a certain angle to slow the car down faster.

/thread

Or the girls on the sidewalk can move the fuck out of the way.

I was thinking about highway speeds in my previous post for some reason

What kind masochist would buy a car that's designed to kill its occupants?

covered this in a computer science ethics class - loliknowrite?

the parameters that the brakes and transmission control have failed, the AI cannot stop the car and there are jaywalking pedestrians.

i argued for programming the following:

#1) ensure safety of the riders first and foremost, outside individuals second. the riders are the ones who paid for the car, thus your CUSTOMER. if you do not prioritize your customers safety over others, no one would ever buy your product.

#2) I would program the car to use its cameras to take as many pictures of the illegal jaywalkers, the NO WALKING sign, etc as possible before the crash for evidence to protect my consumers(the riders) to prove the jaywalkers are at fault, and then run them over in the safest possible way.

I used the rationale that if we programmed our cars to crash and kill the occupants, thieves/terrorists/gangsters could theoretically block off roads and force vehicles to crash/stop to loot/kill the riders and that under no circumstances should the AI's programming ever allow for such an event.

How will it know whether or not the persyn identifies as femyle though? Identification by facial features would be sexist and literally problematic hitler-trump.

>USE MY HACKING SKILLS TO MAKE THE CAR RUN OVER THE PEOPLE
>REMOTE DETONATE THE HIDDEN EXPLOSIVES IN THE VEHICLE SHORTLY AFTER
>MISSION ACCOMPLISHED 10 KILLS
SRY MY SHIFT AND CAPSLOCK KEYS ARE MISSING

Check you reading comprehension, aussie. I'm not advocating shit, I'm just telling what would happen if it continues in straight line, stopping before impact unless you go at high speed, and then what would happen if they crash to the barrier, telling that there would be security measures to prevent the passengers' deaths, but again, it would be futile if they go at high speeds.
In both cases is the peds fault because they were crossing the street while the light was red, as I told in the following post; but also, if the vehicle is running at high speeds in an urban area, unless it's automated or it's a malfunction, the driver is also faulty in this situation.

>Jaywalking
Why should innocent people die/have their car wrecked because a bunch of stupid whores cant wait for the walk signal? Run them down and do the world a favor.

but if there is no way to stop the car, have the car honk the ears off the pedestrians so the car can come to a stop by negative friction acceleration. Then calculate the exact latest time it needs to hit the barrier to prevent killing the walkers, which should be a cake walk for a computer.

Hitting the barrier wont kill the car passengers at crosswalk street speeds. And definitely hit the barrier if after the crosswalk is a intersection with a green light not in the car's path.

It's implied they die, you dumb fucks change the facts so you can pollute the thread with twelve year old contrarian bullshit.

Fucking dumbass.

the cunts are jaywalking - they ask for it...i mean how does one jaywalk and not look left and right before doing it?
Unless youre asking for it.

>unless it's automated or it's a malfunction
This entire thread is built on the premise that the car is automated dingus. There is no driver, they are all passengers.

This is why bikes are the master race, and simple hiking boots are the divine race.

Lights are red, so kill the pedestrians obviously

Duh

Brake.
It's not doing 70mph here, it can brake well ahead of them.

lmao this

also what would a human do?

if self driving cars became ubiquitous, then walking on roads when not permitted to do so would be tantamount to reckless endangerment of life and trespassing. but it's all to keep you safe goy, so don't worry about state overreach and removal of basic freedoms. you have nothing to fear.

In this scenario the breaks on the car are broken

>stop
Enjoy your epidemic of carjackings, retards. Obviously it should crush the filthy jaywalking niggers and continue on it's way. If you don't want to die, don't stand in front of a fast moving multi-ton machine.

the premise is wrong, the car passengers wont die at crosswalk street speeds if they hit the barrier. modern cars have a better safety cage which distribute the force of direct impact around the passengers.

1) Identification software is an unnecessary complication in this situation. So it is safe to presume that the programmer is making this decision with no gender considerations.

2) Programmers usually have bosses. If the boss decides the outcome of this, then programmers will comply. They need their job. They also need their reputation for implementing what is asked of them.

3) Programmers are generally not SJWs. They will favour themselves. They will favour their clientele. Especially since the people investing in self-driving cars are the rich. Fucking the passenger here is a guaranteed lawsuit with good lawyers. At least with the crowd there is a good chance the people hit are poor or middle class.

protect it's master

Passengers are always the priority

that post was a kekmobile

>carjacking a car that drives itself

lmfao what?

Why are all the pedestrians women and the drivers men?

Kill the people in the street. They shouldn't be standing in front of cars, and also because I'm not going to buy a car that will choose to kill the owner to save some plebs who can't afford it.

Left. The people in the car are far more likely to survive the car they're in impacting the barrier than the pedestrians are to survive hetting hit my a car.

Also, this has no place on Sup Forums

>jump in car
>rob passengers
>program new destination
>scrap car for parts
>sell passengers' organs on the black market

The computer would try to break, but then fail and crash into the people

>breaks...

This.

If that's not an option, it will protect the driver. Because no one will pay for a self-driving car that has the order to kill him somewhere in the code.

>regenerative braking fails
>o-oh wait, friction braking fails too
Go to hell, wannabe psych faggot. You'd win the lottery sooner than getting hit by an electric car.

The same thing any good driver would do. Eliminate the problem.

This

A car should always prioritize its passanger.

So you would be ok with a car which prioritizes the lives of jaywalkers over the owner? Why should I, who payed for the car, die, or at the very least lose my car, because some people cannot wait 30 seconds for the light to change?

What should the self-driving car do?

I'm sure your autonomous vehicles computer will decide for you....

Computers that kill for you....

>jaywalking
>walking on crosswalk

being this retarded

>lmfao what?

look its babys first self driving car discussion

the #1 potential problem with self driving cars is not safety. they are actually more safe than human drivers.

the #1 problem is figuring out how to keep thieves from outsmarting/taking advantage of the car's programming to force it to stop.

imagine a driverless truck with 1 million dollars of cargo(iphones, laptops, pharmaceuticals, etc)

imagine thieves with 4 cars

one gets in front of the truck, one behind, and one on each side boxing in the truck, all 4 slow down, giving the truck no other option than to slow down and stop, allowing the thieves in 4 cars to get out and ransack the truck.

the big question is how do you prevent this?

how do you program a car to calculate the worth of cargo vs the lives of thieves?

it is even more of an ethical dilemma when there are riders in the car and/or pedestrians used as 'stoppers'

>automated vehicle can't tell if its breaks may fail during transit before it unparks

>Light is red for them
>Not waywalking

>endanger the life of the occupant instead of the jaywalkers
I'll bet you're one of those "the pedestrian is NEVER at fault" types.

>Self driving car
>Veering into obstacles

>a self driving car should never be going so fast that it can't react to avoid a collision

also this. the computer will always stick 100% to the speed limit, so if that is chosen carefully the only way to get run over by a self driven car is to jump right in front of it from behind some corner

Easy.

1)Chip every person with an electronic micro device which store any details of the person like ID, felony records and so on.

2)The microchip counts net worth of its person. For adults net worth is salary, society rank, number of children, height for men etc etc very complex algorithm. For children it counts school grades, behave.

3)A car wireless connect to the passenger's microchips, then scan around while driving. In an emergency state car make decision to the bigger net worth.