Should mosquitoes be driven to extinction? The potential is there (e.g...

Should mosquitoes be driven to extinction? The potential is there (e.g. releasing genetically engineered males that destroy the gene pool).

But what if malaria and other diseases are a good thing? They've stopped human encroachment in the tropical rainforests.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Pests_Campaign
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you fuck with mother nature, be selective.

Do they not teach you hierarchy of the animal, fungi, etc.? You mess with the food chain at the peril of everything in a given ecosystem. Last time someone tried that, it killed millions of Chinks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Pests_Campaign

Yeah but they were killing a shitton of different animals, not just mosquitoes. I'm sure whatever eats mosquitoes can eat flies too lol

fuck no, mosquitos are one of the only things keeping the nigger population in check. There's already an unsustainable population explosion going on in Africa. Mosquitos should be given a medal for helping to curb this; meanwhile western countries are artificially propping up Africa by dumping billions in foreign aid there.
If anything, we should engineer a new breed of deadly mosquitos and unleash it on Africa.

>it killed millions of Chinks.

That doesn't really sound like a bad thing.

Not how that works. Mosquito populations are substantial dinner for things like frogs, various fish, bacteria, birds, and so many other animals.

Maybe, maybe not. The issue is what if we got rid of mosquitoes here? They have survived for a long time for good reason. How would we get rid of them, more chemicals? And do we really want to load up pesticide companies with public cash? Not a damn chance.
Intentionally ridding a population isn't a wise choice, especially when many other beneficial species prey on them.

Mosquitos are how small animals even exist.

>Humans kill fuckall everything cause we're the best
>Mosquitos convert humans into food without killing us cause they're the pest
>Bugs and animals eat mosquitos to feed the rest

What about cockroaches? I sure don't mind them gone. But I can imagine something else eating them. Sounds gross though.

We tried to do something about Turks, but the way they breed is very unpredictable.

What is the one animal you could wipe out completely instantaneously that would have the least impact on the rest of the world? Barring something that's on the door of extinction already.

human

mosquitos tbf
I fucking hate mosquitos

theres a billion other insects that could fill the role that mosquitos have for food.

You clearly have absolutely no understanding of what you are talking about.

Sometimes I like to tense whatever part of my body the mosquito lands on so that it can't stop the succ and its booty fills up with blood until it explodes.

There aren't though. Mosquitos don't compete with other bugs for resources, that's what makes them special. They convert large animal blood into food for creatures that could never actually use large animal blood as a food source.

genocide oy vey

>Mosquitos don't compete with other bugs for resources, that's what makes them special.
Moths do not eat, therefore are better in every way to the mosquito. checkmate

no? what am i wrong about? name one animal in the world that feeds solely off mosquitoes.

This is a retarded thread topic. Pretty sure it's a slide thread.

We already have moths and they don't compete with mosquitos. Removing mosquitos won't make more moths, it will make less because the mosquito eaters will need to eat billions more moths per year.

I hate mosquitoes because they infest where I liveand are a nuisance but:
>they have killed more humans than anything else on Earth
>in modern times pretty much strictly kill third-world shitskins
>deet exists in civilized countries
I don't want them to go extinct.

>They've stopped human encroachment in the tropical rainforests.
Fucking kill yourself, you retard.

I'm fine with it. All mosquitoes do hypothetically, is screw with the whole system of nature, by makings animals with superficial anti-parasite traits, be superior to ones that otherwise would be more fit.
In practice, a mosquito is just a drain on nature. They're a grand millions of years old hamster wheel of evolution. Them being there doesn't do anything, and seems to have never did. They take small bits of health on a grand scale from everything with blood, and at the best force creatures to address them specifically by adopting adaptations solely for their arbitrary sake.
Some things adapt to eat the little shits and benefit from the misery directly. *shrug*
For the majority of creatures, it just isn't worth having some great deal of adaptation to them; i.e. an apex predator or herbivore just gets vampired by the little shits, there are next to no 100% mosquito-hunting predators at all because nothing can eat enough off the little irrelevant things solely to be that (if it was worth, I think after 250 million years you'd see more of them. It's not worth it evolutionarily to be a sole mosquito eater. Things just eat them and the other thousands of insect species they'd be eating otherwise.)
The only reason they exist, is solely because they're nature's annoying fucks, spreading disease and leeching off the rest of nature, without being crossing the line into being worth bothering to expressly adapt against. Everything loses, just not enough in comparison to something else to adapt to it.

When they are adapted against it almost always doesn't seem to be anything that otherwise is anything good for the creature otherwise, and seems is likely an indirect reason. Take say, sickle cell to not get malaria, or thicker fur/skin in areas.
Fuck em. Kill them.

Kill those fuckers. Kill them all. They just nature's pain in the ass, nature's little pest, and they need to go back to sucking juice out of plants like they were hundreds of millions of years ago.

I'd rather kill ticks desu

Kill the trannies first.

>Moths don't eat
Their caterpillars eat a shit load.

They're just like the middle east throughout history.