CHINA VAN NOW TELEPORT SHIT TO SPACE

bbc.com/news/av/science-environment-40573621/first-object-teleported-to-earth-s-orbit

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_gravity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ansible
news.com.au/technology/innovation/inventions/em-drive-explained-can-it-really-produce-thrust-from-nothing/news-story/63dcf50888cc5330ab9e8754e881959d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

we have the ayy tech though

Quantum Entanglement is not teleportation. It's only really useful for computers and communication.

I came here to say this.

The only thing being "teleported" here is information, not anything physical. QE basically works like this:

>flip a bit somewhere
>[insert spooky quantum physics here]
>another bit elsewhere flips in the same way

In the future it might give us some really awesome computation and communication technology, but it's not like what we see on Star Trek with the teleporter room. It's more like having a set of really awesome walkie-talkies.

>teleport

its bullshit
they didn't transport a fucking thing
>ooh entangled faggotry
just move on

For now, unimaginative retard

Friendly reminder that the reason the US is creating the Space Corps is because the Chinese already have a working EM Drive prototype in space.

>unimaginative

OK. Explain to me how QE can be used to teleport physical matter.

I'll use your own words
>flip a bit somewhere
>[insert spooky quantum physics here]
>another bit elsewhere flips in the same way
>repeat X times until Y is replicated
Tada!

I rest my case.

That isn't teleportation. That's replication. A glorified fax machine.

Thanks for playing.

Tfw multiplayer with 0 ping.

>teleport
70 years late
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment

China tech numbah one.
Pic related.
>omnomnom

Sounds better than teleportation.
Now there's two of you.

you can be data
>scan you down to every single quantum particle (disintegrate you as well)
>relay data without signals via entanglement
>assembler there takes particles, builds you
>bonus points: build another you somewhere else

Yes, exactly.

Or, computers that are extremely large (like the size of a city), but are spread out over huge amounts of space (such as the whole planet, or the solar system, or whatever) and are mind-bendingly fast because their components transfer information instantly and without connections. And that's just the most obvious application. We will discover all kinds of other crazy shit in the course of developing this relatively mundane stuff.

>Itt people who don't think a photon is a thing

Kek. I know the meme already is that /polsters/ are retarded and uneducated but it get me every time.

>just power fantasies & not real evidence
Kek, typical delusional WE WUZ amerimutt.

>has zero rest mass
>unsure if particle or wave
Sounds like fake news.

You die doing that retard, no-cloning theorem

None of that actually requires QE, but *does* require a bunch of other technologies that don't exist and are plainly improbable. If you could scan a person and build a body from it, you could transfer the data by courier pigeon and you'd end up with the same result.

So all you have to do now is go and invent all of those other technologies. Have fun.

Can't wait to see the thousands of videos of Chinese vehicles crashing into to that or getting run over by it

>disintegrate you as well
learn to read?

ask weird question, get weird answer

The photon on the ground wasn't moved anywhere. There were always two photons, they simply made one photon assume the same state as the other photon without any physical, newtonian link between them.

The error you are making here is a bit like saying that you are "teleporting" a .jpg from one computer to another when you attach it to an email. The actual physical presence of the the image - a few flipped bits on a magnetic plate - doesn't move. You've just caused some other bits on a different plate to flip in the same way.

Aliexpress teleportation delivery when?

>China achieves 0 ping
>Somehow world news

Communications speed, including quantum communications can't exceed speed of light.

I thought that it was proven it would be impossible to transport information through quantum entanglement because of fucking with it when you check it. And then china was sending particles through nutonian physics and the quantum entanglement was only used to make sure it wasn't intercepted.

someone broke the Russian

>Xerox, 2020
The most expensive way to send a fax. ever.

Is that train eating cars?

so that's where all those people falling down elevator shafts were going

quantum entanglement doesn't need to travel anywhere, the things sync up despite distance...

great, now you've got me arguing with armchair scientists on the net again...

>EM Drive
I take it that you dont know how the B-2 functions then if you think an EM Drive is worthwhile much less big news.

HOLY SHIT I WANT THIS NAOW

>Communications speed
If you use gravity it can.

They teleported a single photon. It's impressive but the technology is still really far away from even being able to teleport a grain of sand.

>allow me to remind you that this is only what they are disclosing to the public

Typical of chinks, that mechanical contraption was proven to be a scam. The people who made it scammed all the money from investors and fled. So, the entire thing was a complete failure.

Plz meme magic be real and make this come true

will be true if positive integers of a repetitive quality appear in this post

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_gravity

>Chinese have teleported a photon
So a few months away from teleporting a chinese dick

it cant be at rest so thats irrelevant posturing by idiots. do you see how you are retarded now?

>it would be impossible to transport information through quantum entanglement
It's still impossible. user got it wrong.

the quantum linked particles dont change their state when the other does. you can only infer that two linked particles are opposite. so when you create quantum particles at the same time the only info you get is that the other particle is opposite to the one you just observed. but since you created both particles you knew what both were from the start. its meaningless

>bonus points: build another you somewhere else

reminder the earth is flat, the sun revolves around the earth, going faster than 10 MPH in a tunnel will suck out the oxygen and kill you, electricity cannot travel through space

impossible you say (for the benefit of autism, the above is sarcasm.)

kek

>it get me
Yeah you sure are a brainiac.

Gravity propagates at superluminal speeds, you would know this if you took physics and didnt just read a Wikipedia article on it.

It is not teleportation

Sending a letter across the ocean is (very slow) teleportation
Scanning a letter with a fax machine, and have another fax machine print a copy, is not teleportation - it's making a copy

The latter is happening here, just instead of fax, it's quantum shenanigans

>relay data without signals via entanglement

>Sending a letter across the ocean is (very slow) teleportation
Not true, but you're right that it's just as much of a teleportation as this photon is.

You realize this quantum particle signal is just binary 0 or 1 yes/no, right? It would take an extremely long time to translate that binary transmission into a coherent message, and likely centuries to transmit something as complex as all the data needed to template and reconstruct a human body.

In the time it would take to transmit your information to teleport you to another planet, you could have travelled there in a sublight speed vessel, built a civilization, died, and tasked your great great great grandchild with receiving your old youfax whenever it arrives.

>teleported one photon

DAS RITE WE WUZ TELEPORTATION SIENTISTS AND SHIT

WEST IS NO MORE

CHINA NUMBA WAN!!!

>CHINA VAN NOW TELEPORT SHIT TO SPACE
This is fucking retarded on so many levels. "They teleported a photon!" Most people are so fucking scientifically illiterate they have no clue at all what this even means. They just hear "teleported" and think Star Trek is going to come true in a couple years.

>Gravity propagates at superluminal speeds, you would know this if you took physics and didnt just read a Wikipedia article on it.
Horse shit. Gravity propagates at the speed of light.

>Hartle, JB (2003). Gravity: An Introduction to Einstein's General Relativity. Addison-Wesley. p. 332. ISBN 981-02-2749-3.

Hmm. Gravity propogates exactly at the speed of light according to this well known published and cited physicist

Replicate + destroy original = teleport.

>special relativity is right
Goodness gracious, you guys better tell the people at lockheed martin and northrop grumman that.

We call what you study in school "classical concepts" now for your information, we are well past such archaic world views.

we copy you
and then kill you
Is the new you, you?

ok, please post a citation by a published and respected physicist to support your claim

Isn't this literally the Ansible? I realize this isn't teleportation in a materialistic sense, but just think about the applications.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ansible

We can now have 0 lag communications with all spaceships in our solar system. That 4-24min lag to the rover on mars? Gone. Just stick a satellite in orbit with a few hundred QE bits, instant communication with any object connected with no more latency then a cell phone.

>Chinese already have a working EM Drive prototype in space
"Working" EM drive? The EM drive is bullshit.

news.com.au/technology/innovation/inventions/em-drive-explained-can-it-really-produce-thrust-from-nothing/news-story/63dcf50888cc5330ab9e8754e881959d

>2003
>einstin was correct despite data
do not become scientist.

Finally we'll be able to stand a chance against lagging third-worlders.

ok, please post a citation by a published and respected physicist to support your claim

>Goodness gracious, you guys better tell the people at lockheed martin and northrop grumman that
Cite your source, faggot.

Countdown to this being proven to be another scam by Chinese "scientists"

>Born too late to become a Space Pirate

I was....so close.

Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game series uses the term "ansible" for his own fictitious communicator, one of the characters explaining that "...somebody dredged the name ansible out of an old book somewhere."Card's description of the ansible's functions in Xenocide involves a fictional subatomic particle, the philote. In the "Enderverse", the two quarks inside a pi meson can be separated by an arbitrary distance while remaining connected by "philotic rays". This concept is similar to quantum teleportation due to entanglement.

>It's impressive
No it isn't.

I don't need to, they proved relativity doesn't cover spaceflight back when they were testing the first satalites.

>inb4 burden of proof
google or pic related, your choice.

That's how the transporters on Star Trek work.
Except when they don't.

That isn't what quantum entanglement is, information transfer is still lightspeed limited.

>they proved relativity doesn't cover spaceflight
WHO? WHO "proved" relativity doesn't cover spaceflight? What is your source? What is your reasoning for believing such a silly claim?

don't give up just yet, we may be able to get some anti-aging tech soon, hang in there mang

>Every female on the Enterprise experienced a MMF that afternoon

google literally says your wrong.

fucking kek