Net Neutrality

I'm totally against this bullshit simply because liberals want it. Who's with me?

Other urls found in this thread:

igmchicago.org/surveys/net-neutrality-ii
nytimes.com/2014/01/15/technology/appeals-court-rejects-fcc-rules-on-internet-service-providers.html?mcubz=0
archive.is/1am89
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one.

10/10 bait

I am unironically with you for the same reasons.

This thread is stupid.

Then that's something I agree with liberals on.

wow, its almost like net nutrality highlights the fact that liberals and righters are not really that different, but they let their dogmatic views of politics get in the way of thinking rationally

interesting

Dis gun be a bad thread

The fun thing is that rednecks look at this an think this is some sort of virtual Trump wall

You're probably being sarcastic, but I legitimately feel that way. I was all for Net neutrality until the censoring leftists started pushing so hard for it. Now I think there's some kind of catch.

It's government regulation. It needs to go.

>b-but ISP bullies!
>b-but prices!
>b-but my favorite sites!

There are less than 15 cases of those things from the 90s to 2015. If 2007 Sup Forums can survive, what makes you think 2017 Sup Forums will be killed? Nothing. They're not out to get your favorite sites, and if they do, you can get another ISP that serves you better. The ISP has to give you the best service for the cheapest amount to even get your fucking money in the first place. Think of phones services. Do we see a $99 paywall for contacting someone with another provider? No, so why would that happen with the Internet?

I am against it for rational economic reasons.

igmchicago.org/surveys/net-neutrality-ii

It is better to get rid of it.

Leftist tears is just a bonus.

reminder that net neutrality has been around for less than five years. the entire idea of net neutrality was hamfisted into place by obama and liberals are shaking in their boots now that republicans and the fcc are getting rid of it.

it's corporate welfare that passes the cost of internet usage down to the customer. there's a reason companies with large bandwidth usage like google, Facebook, netflix, and r*ddit are the ones shilling for it, because they don't have to pay a fair amount of money for their operations. as a result, cable companies raise the rates of the average joe customer to subsidize them.

the only argument FOR net neutrality is a strawman or slippery slope which claims that if the government doesn't protect us from the ISP boogeyman, they'll move to a pay-per-view model (which doesn't even exist in cable tv now) and charge per website. or you'll pay $1000 to visit Sup Forums. or you'll pay 50+ for each website genre. the internet existed for 20+ years without this regulation and none of these fallacies took place.

now tell us how great net neutrality is without a fallacy

OP is a faggot.

Sage.

At the the very least
>reasons for net neutrality
>reasons against it
liberal butthurt

Eat a dick you ugly fat faggot.

The government can't censor the net even if they wanted to. TOR is a thing, you know?

>net nutrality highlights the fact that liberals and righters are not really that different

maybe on this one issue

the rest of the time they're bleeding heart statists and fag-hags.

Sup Forums has been pure stormfaggotry cuckservative retardation ever since it was brought back for the 2016 election. it's a psyop. half of all posts are automated shillbots.

NET NEUTRALITY
>i am sorry can i use this site pls?
>sure bro everyone can no limits,only hardware capacity is the sky and maybe your bandwidth that YOU paid.

No™ NET™ NEUTRALITY™
>Hey you! You almost violated the NAP™ of this super big corp that wants to use all the bandwith and leave you with 1 kbps.
>i-i am s-sorry
>If you want to use youtube™ you have to pay the Cuck™ package which includes 10 videos per day and 5 comments per vid.
>it only 2000 BTC™
>o-kay sir
>

they can criminalize looking at illegal content

that's all theoretical, the free-market will sort it out, crap.

you know they're just gonna monopolize and jack up the cost more so than they do already.

((NET NEUTRALITY)))
>the Feds can regulate ISPs
No NET NEUTRALITY
>the feds can go suck a dick

Net (((neutrality))) is the same as (((equality)))

It gives the government total power over the internet.

U peeps need to know that.
Seems too many on Sup Forums didnt even look at it but took just at the label like dumb libtards do.

No kill yourself counter-signaling maggot
A contrarian is as much of a moron as a sheep.

>also don't forget to sage in the options field, nu-figs

That's exactly how I feel. When Redditt and Spotify are telling us to fight for net neutrality I'm naturally like, what's the real reason? So skeptical. Thx Sup Forums

it's not theoretical because the internet existed for 20 years before net neutrality. your fallacy laden "muh pay per click", however, is theoretical and is some /x/ tier shit

well the alternative is giving corps the rights to the internet.

i may not like the feds having the power but the alternative bodes much worse.

>Who's with me?

Me. Once John Oliver endorsed net neutrality - which I never would have heard about if the shills hadn't pimped it on Sup Forums - I 100% noped out on net neutrality.

If he's for it, I'm agin it. (Plus the actual policy reasons for being against it.)

Nobody is worse that the Feds faggot

A broken clock is right twice a day
tripleniggers

t. shill

was this not during the time when adsense wasn't a thing and google was merely a search engine?

They can't catch you if you're on Tor. Everyone who got busted on Tor for CP or drugs fucked up in some way or another. The protocol itself is bullet proof.

This. I'm not agreeing with a goddamn thing some of the complete faggots with 'RESIST' avatars are whining about on kikebook.

They're wrong about literally everything else, this is probably just another one.

I'm supposed to believe that mega corporations wont nickel and dime you. Even though they are already doing it.

whats your point? google is one of the largest corporations backing net neutrality because it saves them money

I'm with you, but you've got to admit ISPs are monopolized in the US. For instance, the only choice in ISP I have here is ATT, or satellite internet, and no one wants that shit.

What needs to happen is to completely axe all telecom regulations, let anyone become an ISP for only the cost of the infrastructure, no bullshit license fees paid to the FCC.

>t. shill and/or troll

t. meme war vet

Please tell me why we needed NN back in 2015?

>((NET NEUTRALITY)))
>the Feds can regulate ISPs
>No NET NEUTRALITY
>the feds can regulate ISPs, while you pay extra.
ftfy.

You know how the internet was used 20 year ago and how it's used today are totally different. We also weren't close to ISPS becoming monopolies.

>some kind of catch...
>but I'm too fucking dumb/lazy to actually explain it or research it for myself

im saying corporations weren't gaming the net for ads and monopolizing; before the bubble it wasn't lucrative and regarded as a place for wonks and no real potential

They couldn't before
That was the entire reason for them classifying them as a common carrier

Well, if the internet does go corporate are we even still gonna be here in Sup Forums soon?

>They can't catch you if you're on Tor.

Frankfurt CIA, pls.

For those of you that may not be shills, what has the government unconstitutionally involved itself in and improved that makes you think this is a good idea?

Where we here in 2015?
If my ISP shuts down Sup Forums then I will support NN
Until then fuck off

If the Government wants to regulate something, they WILL find a way to regulate it. Removing net neutrality isn't gonna give you any protections.

Fuck liberals. Fuck Big Government. The government has no right to interfere with the dealings of private businesses.

Yes, when companies with large bandwidth usage like google, Facebook, netflix, and r*ddit are shilling for it you know something is up.

>If my ISP shuts down Sup Forums then I will use a different ISP
ftfy

>meme war vet
holy shit that's one pathetic "no u" coming from the lowest common denominator of this whole fucking board
Are you like a 35 yr old fag or underage? Because you gotta be a fucking newfag to still prance around this place going LE MEME WAR VETERAN eks deee

Ancapnigger is right
this type of counter signal thread can only either come from a shill or a subsaharan IQ tier quintuple nigger

If only there was an actual market for ISPs, rather than having 1 maybe 2, or 3 if you're really lucky choices for any given area in the US.

Personallly I'm in support of it becuase I don't want to buy the "unfuck my Internet" package so I can watch netflix

>They couldn't before
How is Sup Forums this retarded. They have ALWAYS been able to regulate the internet, the only difference between title II and no title II is the rules that they decide to enforce. The FCC could decide to shut it all the fuck down tomorrow if they wanted to regardless, it's in the mandate given to them by the Communications Act of 1934.

>the government doesn't respect the constitution so lets just give them everything
Wow its just like all of those shitty gun grabber facebook memes that get posted here

your ISPs already have all the information they want about you. they'll have that with or without net neutrality and tor is the only solution for it. getting rid of net neutrality will make corporations pay what's expected of them to run their services.

what makes more sense?
>netflix having to pay x amount to an internet service provider to ensure their customers receive quality service

or

>load netflix and a giant pop up shows up demanding $1000 for a premium package

one is a fallacy and one is how the internet used to work

We needed the 2015 version because federal appeals court struck down the previous FCC rules in 2014.
nytimes.com/2014/01/15/technology/appeals-court-rejects-fcc-rules-on-internet-service-providers.html?mcubz=0

This did not start two years ago.

>a different ISP
Good luck with that for most Americans.

holy shit its not like they cant spy you or take your browsing history already its not like they can control you what to see and what not with or without your consent.

archive.is/1am89

probably could
I can shit post from my phone just fine

Nah, the internet so far has been operating the principles of net neutrality. Now is the first time that there is a debate to change that. Obama just wanted to legislate the existing status quo in detail for the future.

"When it's too late and Sup Forums is shutdown I will support NN"

How do lolbertarians not grasp the fact that the vast majority of the US has only 1 choice for ISP

Probably should, since what you previously planned is both unconstitutional and immoral.

Have fun moving since its a utility. And as you know, a utility is just statist jargon for De Jure Monopoly.

>the only difference between title II and no title II is the rules that they decide to enforc
*unconstitutional laws they decide to enforce
>We needed the 2015 version because federal appeals court struck down the previous FCC rules in 2014.

and what was the problem in 2014?

Hey cocksucker not all of us are NEET losers who can sit around all day and read about how they'll have to spend 10 more dollars to use the internet. Go fuck yourself faggot.

In my city (Bucharest), I can get with under $15/month a 1000Mbps. How? Because we have actual free market internet and not (((Net Neutrality))) bullshit.

They aren't supposed to. Without NN they will have the free right to do it.

That's not what I meant. A lot of the sites pushing for Net neutrality censor right-wing content. Tor doesn't help for something that's not even there.

>Affordable...
>... Neutrality
>Common Sense...
>Smart...
>Fair...
>I You Don't Support This Idea You Are Against...
If people are going to continue to fall for these types of retarded political gimmicks than we absolutely deserve to all die by the hand of retarded Leftists

>make corporations pay what's expected of them to run their services.

so are they getting subsidized currently? Why wouldn't they jack up prices to cover the cost, offloading the burden to their customers?

why wouldn't it be both? Or netflix then charging more to cover the cost of their access if not the ISP?

>Unconstitutional
How?

Most areas of The US are dominated by one ISP, much like most of The US only has one local cable provider. Until some big equalizing force comes along and offers national coverage like Satellite TV did then most people will be shit out of luck and be forced to just accept whatever their provider blocks.

ISPs are not commerce between the states

There are a lot of people, yourself included, that are concerned about ISPs censoring or blocking things or putting them behind pay walls. If such a situation occurs, then the free market will fix it, as there will be a demand for an ISP that does not do this, so such an ISP would be created.

If your grievance is that the state does not allow the creation of ISPs, or impedes it. Why would you support the government taking even more control?

>the government doesn't respect the constitution so lets just (give) them everything

Please you've been letting them get away with it since you were born, stop acting all strong and virtues now.

Why the fuck do liberals want net neutrality? Are they actually so detached from reality that they don't know that this is under-handed thought control which in turn will be the fascism they constantly whine about?

Absolutely stupid cunts.

this whole saga started when they started trying. we responded with the common carrier ruling, which is honestly a pretty common sense view of how the internet should be considered. now they're trying to repeal that rule.

They wouldn't be trying to repeal it if they didn't have plans contrary to it. All they're trying to do is make more rents.

I agree. I will be writing my congress repersentive my thoughts on the matter.

Why does everyone think they'll shut down sites if corps get in control? You'll just see more adverts. That's about it.

I have no fucking idea what this is and have no desire to find out.

Yup then the left wing will just slow the traffic here and then we're all screwed.

Keep seeing normies say this shit.

Who in thee fuck would pay for jewtube or kikebook?

There are already usage policies with every ISP so I just don't fucking understand it.

It didn't fix it for cable. Most areas are still dominated by single providers. The only alternative for most was waiting until Satellite was invented and put into mass use.

tl;dr: 2010 rules from FCC struck down because court said ISPs were not utilities and therefore not subject to given regulations.

The history of attempts at net neutrality regulation goes back further than 2010. Were you not paying attention for the last decade or were you too young to care?

Net neutrality doesn't change what they can and can't control you utter fucking moron. It's just there to make sure all traffic is prioritised equally. Before Net neutrality most ISP's would slow down p2p filesharing because of pressure from the movie and music industry wanting to stop their media being torrented. With Net Neutrality they can't do that anymore and if they do can get in trouble for it.

Roads.

>It didn't fix it for cable, people just gad to wait until it was fixed

Basically do you want to be looked over your shoulder by the government or by corporations

It is just one more thing those dirty little kikes at the feds got their claws on

Yeah, for around 30 years.

>what was the problem in 2014?
the problem in 2014 was that ISPs said they were no longer going to support Net Neutrality, which was voluntarily in place for the last 20 years while the Internet developed.
There is no good reason for them to go against it.

What does net neutrality have to do with thought control?
If the customers think that regulation is better for them, then that is also the free market fixing it.

>everyone that disagrees with me is a shill
drop dead please