AUSTRALIA - Not just full, 10 Million Too Many

In an article published in The Conversation, they suggest genuine progress in Australia peaked 40 years ago, and that while our population and economy have grown considerably in recent decades, our level of wellbeing has actually declined.
“In Australia, the stall point appears to be about 1974,” they wrote.

It factors in a range of things excluded from GDP calculations, like carbon dioxide emissions and water pollution to the value of household work and parenting, the quality of education, and even the prevalence of car crashes.
Based on their research, they said our “unnecessary, ideologically-driven growth” has come at “an immense and unjustifiable cost to our natural and social capital”.

Other urls found in this thread:

theconversation.com/why-a-population-of-say-15-million-makes-sense-for-australia-78391
twitter.com/AnonBabble

theconversation.com/why-a-population-of-say-15-million-makes-sense-for-australia-78391

Source?

So are all you guys just on welfare or something?

it's written on the fucking image.
jesus.

yes, 44% of the country is on welfare

I'm waiting for my application to be approved (again) after they cut me off for falling asleep on a work-for-dole worksite four months ago. We were untrained and unmasked, working with asbestos, and I have narcolepsy. I broke my foot, handed in my medical expemption (7 days? ha!) and they didn't accept it, so the appointments I missed that week totalled an $800 fine. I couldn't make rent and I was stuck couchsurfing with a broken foot, no welfare, and no family.

I mean uh Australia is totally a paradise come and make us your home!

Clearly the solution is to import more Chinese people.

When I was aged 18-22 I was on welfare while studying.

EVERY SINGLE person I knew this age was also on welfare. Some are now in their late 20's and still on welfare.

This was anywhere from $400-800 a fortnight depending on how well they could jew the system. I was on $560 myself.

So imagine this.... all of the youth milking the government approximately $20,000 a year and this is not including any health care benefits.

44% actually like foodstamps and not healthcare and whatever? Here they say it's 40% but a lot of that is medicaid and whatever else, while it's 20% that actually gets money to live on.

Have you tried not having narcolepsy next time?

>So imagine this.... all of the youth milking the government approximately $20,000 a year and this is not including any health care benefits.
Damn who's paying for all this?

>In June 2013, there were 5.1 million people receiving income support payments

>About 1.7 million families (Table 57 here) with 3.2 million children (Table 53 here) receive either Family Tax Benefit Part A or Part B – but the Department of Social Services told me that, of these, nearly 700,000 families also receive other income support payments.

>Around 930,000 families with nearly 1.4 million children received child care assistance (Table 71 here), and while the bulk of these will also be receiving Family Tax Benefit, there are some families ineligible for Family Tax Benefit who will receive support with their child care costs.

>So if children were counted as welfare recipients, then around 44% of the total population is receiving some form of government benefit. That figure doesn’t include those getting child care assistance but not Family Tax Benefits, for which a definitive number is not available. If those people were included, it still seems unlikely the proportion would be over 50%.

and healthcare is a separate problem, if you're poor in this country you get literally everything provided to you at no cost.

>Damn who's paying for all this?
the housing market and what's left of the mining boom

A fucking retard could tell you this, people have been saying this for like 15 years now, but nobody fucking listened, nobody ever fucking listens in this tedious apolitical backwater, and now China owns everything including your baby boomer mother's cunt. But god forbid we do anything, she'll be roight m8 knock back a couple a cold ones cunt I'll never be able to afford a house fuckn noice as, did you see Origin last noight??

I cannot wait to fucking leave.

Now you see our problem.

The youth can't find work so they have no choice but to get gib me dats. It was impossible for me to find any kind of work whats so ever. This includes washing dishes.

i just bought airfare for 1000 chinese families and everyone they know to move to australlia i heard you aussies love chinese folk

what's the plan for when the bubble pops? head in the sand?

yep, but if they want to imitate good old rudd they might have to up the payment to $5,000,000 this time. that should buy everyone in the country a TV.

Man that's rough. Is there no plan to address the problem? They're just going to keep letting half the country be on welfare?

"She'll be alroight mite"

>implying half the jobs in your country aren't welfare generated.

I read an article saying quality of life would be best if we had a population of 15 million.

>stalled in 1974

This is the year bankers and corporations took control of most western countries and politicians merely become managers to keep law and order.

>implying half the jobs in your country aren't welfare generated
I'm not sure what you mean

I mean, things ""could"" improve once all the baby boomers finally fucking fuck off and die, and housing becomes available, but I'm sure the government would rather sell off even more of the country to China than let actual Australians own anything.

public sector or dependent on government handouts.

Oh yeah probably, not trying to compete with you bro just trying to get a run down on the situation.

No shit

All our cities are full.

We're at capacity.

The whole, "we're full" thing isn't just something people say to keep out immigrants. We're literally full up.

An entire continent with hardly any usable land.

Much of the world is starting to get to this point too, really. Only Africa has any room.