What do you think of Jordan Peterson?

What do you think of Jordan Peterson?

Related -> youtube.com/watch?v=nKL3MsKRtJo

Other urls found in this thread:

ontariosunshinelist.com/people/bsfytg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Ive been following the principle only to speak truth and its changing who I am. Hardest part yet was confessing to my family that I vote SD when they asked (nationalist party in Sweden). First there was a lot of outrage
>What do you think of their nazi history user!?!?!? (-I dont give two fucks the social democrats used to castrate trannies (which was great desu but u know) and the right wing supported apartheid
Then granpa confessed that he was gonna vote them too and I got a lot of respect for breaking the silence as many SD voters stay silent. It became a beautiful moment, the principle works and I can understand that it is the fundament of our western civilisation.

Thanks for the input, I'm guessing you're voting SD due to refugees?

I think he is an out of touch Tradcon Boomer that keeps enabling the very same systems that made young men such aimless failures.

He's great. I disagree with him on some topics, but i like him a lot. He actually find a way to represent religion in a way i could respect and use without a belief in supernatural.

I like how he called MGTOW pathetic weasels and then backtracked and admitted that MGTOW's core points of marriage and courts being biased against men are all true.

I can definitely see that, although one thing I give him credit for is being able to convey a Tradcon perspective to your average millennial. Its a perceptive many millennials never take the time to comprehend, let alone adopt.

Hack.

There, just saved you some time.

Personally as a MGTOW sympathizer I hated how MRAs reflexively jeered at Peterson for calling them weasels. If we can't take a tiny verbal slight, what separates us from the Feminists?

That's like a little part of everythink he talks about. KWML is also not as well explained as the stuff he talks about in his lectures. He explains the basis on which this book is built.

>over 50k in patreon a month

it's a scam

>paying for knowledge is a scam
Really?

Explain why he needs 50k+ to deliver knowledge

Because he has it and you're not? Because it's a unique product? Because he gives you an acces to it for free and only asks for donations if you feel like it? Because he has a family? Because he does research? There's a lot of good reasons. Give me one reason why he shouldn't ask for money.

All cop outs. He doesn't need 50k+ and growing per month to do any of that, not even a fraction of it. It's a scam.

Not even one. Hr doesn't have to need them to deserve them. He's done his work and there's his reward for that even if he doesn't require it.

t. Jordan Paterson

EDIT:

Peterson

t. envious as fuck

I could scam people too if I was a swindler or a scoundrel but it is not in my nature. I have a humble job and I live with my wife and our dog. We don't scam people.

>>Because he has it and you're not?
What exactly does he have that is not in a handful of books that you can get for less than $100 for the entire heap?

Well, you couldn't. You neither have the guts nor the skill to do that. What makes you think Jordan even scamming anyone? That he makes more many than "humble" you? Have you ever entertained a thought that maybe you're not humble, maybe you simply suck?

He can explain manyof them for a layman and put in a free video online.

Hit the nail on the head.

l don't know if he's disingenuous or simply stupid but to use his favorite Jungian jargon he looks like the archetype of the false prophet to me, selling half truths to lost souls to maintain a dead and rotting system.

That system being his bank account

Hey oh!

>He can explain manyof them for a layman and put in a free video online.
So it's something for mentally retarded analphabets who are too lazy to even read the book's cliff's or wiki article?

>>l don't know if he's disingenuous or simply stupid but to use his favorite Jungian jargon he looks like the archetype of the false prophet to me
So just like Jung himself, with his little cult of sexual perverts (that Peterson somehow always forgets to mention), except on a global scale and with vastly more money.

his whole shtick isn't maintaining a rotting system, it's reviving and improving it.

Post your wife's feet.

>it's reviving and improving it.
Yet he says things like "don't waste time searching for a good woman, just take whatever you can no matter her history", sounds a lot like "be a cuck" to me.

Thank you! That's inspirational
In once was at the university of Göteborg and the women's studies department was almost the same size as the rest of the university.
I hope you can save your country, one truth at the time.

Have you ever tried reading Jung? Have you understood a lot of what he says? I have read him and he's really hard to both read and understand. I love that I've got a guy who's scamming me by providing me with free interpretations of Jung. Maybe you've read Russian classics? I've read them in Russian. Some of the things there I did get only after listening to Peterson. Maybe you're really good at understanding personality psychology? I'm definitely not that good at it and I've read quite a few books about it. Again, Peterson "scammed" by providing me with a free od charge model of personality. How about religion? I've struggled for years to get a grip of some odf the good ideas there without having to belive in bullshit. Again, thanks to Peterson I've found a way to connect rational thinking with some generally good religious ideas. Does it make me retarded? Maybe, I don't really care. You doesn't sound that smart either, so I guess I can live with that.

Don't be an idiot. He provides you with a conservative strategies. If you don't like them and want to risk, no one's stopping you.

His psychology lectures are great and his biblical lectures too, but his audience is reddit-tier, in his last biblical lecture at the end during the Q&A they recommend him to watch Rick and Morty, like it's something he'd like.. Peterson is a fan of the Simpson (first 12 seasons) and Trailer Park Boys
Another guy asked a question like "I'm too intellectual and I'm bored discussing with plebs"
The comment section is cringy

He went into detail about that. For one, he claims he doesn't need money, because he's in his 50 and doesn't exactly have the need to buy expensive things, party or fuck young women.

Second, his life revolves around his profession. He seems like one of the most sincere guys I've ever come across, and I have no doubt he plans to use the money to educate the masses. He's talking about starting an online college in order to take the humanities back from the corrupt universities, and he wants to find a way for people to get credit for courses taken online.

Third, the lectures he's holding actually cost money. He's taken a sabbatical leave in order to focus on what's happened to him and the last lectures he's uploaded were not actually recorded at the university he's employed at. He rented an auditorium, sold tickets to people who wanted to attend and uploaded it for free on Youtube.

This guy has nothing to gain from scamming people. His entire reputation is based upon being an honest person standing up to radical left-wing ideology, and if he ended up scamming people, his life and legacy would be destroyed. In the last Q&A, he also talked about how he needs to tread carefully and weigh his words, because the left will jump at any chance they have at finding dirt on him.

For fuck's sake, this guy is so dedicated and believes so hard in his message that he has to choke back tears over a fucking Pinocchio allegory.

Love him. He is the Savior

Name one better speaker alive in the world right now.

The problem with Peterson that he a leaf, and if you are a leaf, you aren't allowed to make any moral claims or talk about Bible, unless you are openly anti-governmental. Canada supported the destruction of Libya, Iraq, and Afganistan, millions of people dead.

Based Sven

>>Have you ever tried reading Jung? Have you understood a lot of what he says? I have read him and he's really hard to both read and understand.
The only thing that Peterson explains is "lel characters can be divided into archetypes" so yeah, I understand that as can anyone else who's not sub-85 IQ. Got any other valuable insights?

>>This guy has nothing to gain from scamming people.
Really, no kids to build a cushy life for?

>that he has to choke back tears over a fucking Pinocchio allegory.
That only means he has personal psychological issues, probably did something horrible to his father or daughter that he feels the need to atone for. There are hints to that in all his lectures, he has a terrible secret.

Yeah, the audience and the online fans are really odd. It is like people don't understand what he is saying and make up their own interpretations. Like all atheists

Why do so many edge lords like this show up and hate on Based Peterson. What is it that is so provoking for them?

uncucked

>The only thing that Peterson explains is "lel characters can be divided into archetypes" so yeah, I understand that as can anyone else who's not sub-85 IQ. Got any other valuable insights?
So, the only thing you've got from all the Maps of Meaning is that characters can be divided in archetypes? Nothing about a general human metastory, about building a story for your own life, about the beliefs, the interpretations have left anything in your head? It's like you're looking on a page of text but seeing only letters and papers. Great that you're not sub 85 iq in your understanding, but that's not an achievement.

>Really, no kids to build a cushy life for?
Both his kids are established adults and engaged to be married, as far as I'm aware. On top of that, as a tenured professor who's involved in research, he's probably a millionaire already. Apparently, he made $175k last year, before his Patreon took off.

ontariosunshinelist.com/people/bsfytg

I am attending these lectures, and they're amazing. I've met a lot of great people who go out for drinks afterwards and have some great discussion. He's on to something for sure.

Some are like that. There are a few people at the lectures everyone is sort of annoyed with. Conversely, there are also psychotherapists, social workers, lawyers, and Sikhs there. That first guy who asked the question was actually mocked and laughed at. Not sure how well the mic pics up the Q's, but I remember even Peterson tore him apart, let alone the audience laughing.

Not a fan of snake oil salesmen, remember The Amazing Atheist's RV trip fund?

>le human needs to le do something and le explain it to himself le somehow
SUCH KNOWLEDGE MUCH MYSTERY

I see, so the money will go where exactly? Can we see the receipts? :)

You're a special kind of retard, aren't you?

They say like things like "I would follow him anywhere" "he's my savior".. That's the things he is warning you against you idiots

You left-wing radicals are really scared of him, aren't you?

Why are all you Peterson cultists such ad homos?

Yes he did a pretty good job with that first guy.. I heard the audience clapped at some point. Good job.

JBP is fucking amazing, not much inspires me these days but that man makes me want to slay a fucking dragon.

His self-help principles and personality cult surrounding him make him an interesting person to follow. Most importantly his biblical series and view of socio/psychopathy that doesn't align with the current standards held by clinical psychologists. I'm trying to sort my self out but am more curious of seeing if more women join his cult then will he buy an ark and turn into the next l ron hubbard.

Because he's trying to resurrect the dormant logos of the West, and that's that.

You're on Sup Forums complaining about a guy who's fighting against left-wing extremism and pushing for traditional values, and you're trying to discredit him because you think he's going to run off with the money?
It's not exactly hard to see where you're coming from.

Also, I've never given him a cent. I'm just glad there's finally a respectable guy with an intellectual background on our side. It's a refreshing change from all the screaming lunatics, millennials and populists on Youtube.

Love his insight into why man shouldn't value Christianity as a religion but more so on its lessons of psychology and civil structure.

I was in the fourth row, and when he finished, one girl next to me let out a "huh" from the buildup of holding it in. There are some issues with the exact same people getting to the mic, whereas there are others who ask brilliant questions that are well formulated.

I do find it odd that for a group of people who are there to "sort themselves out," there are a few who really tend to parrot. It isn't the majority at the lectures though. Much of the crowd there is 25+, with as much as 10% being over 50. There are the few who are a bit vociferous.

He is fighting left-wing extremism, but even he said he has some more contemporary views. He just exercises caution on how the social world changes. Some things he is a trad on, like marriage and the family. He isn't against suffrage. He just expects us to understand how that will affect us all.

Build a goddam dam or GOD (archetype) will punish you, you damned bucko

I'm still waiting

>passionlessly ripping the progressive agenda to shreds
How dare he? Does he even know or care how smart we are and how much effort we put into it?

>SUCH KNOWLEDGE MUCH MYSTERY
Welp, you truly are not under 85 in terms of IQ. The real problem is is choosing the valid and useful story that will help you live the best life you can. And this choice is not very obvious IRL, where you don't ezactly know where are your limits and are the failures, problems and dtragedies you experience a product of the wrong strategies you use or something you simply have to deal with. Peterson analyses a ton of different strategies in stories and gives an interpretation of them that he sees as the most useful.

The value of this kind of knowledge is immense: it saves you from dumb ideologies and it gives you some good tactics that account for the ammount of shit and suffering you can encounter in life.

You can't!

>who's fighting against left-wing extremism and pushing for traditional values
In what way is he doing any of that?

I'd let him poke me in the axioms, if you catch my drift.

Did you seriously ask that question? I didn't know someone could be so retarded.

He's a good person who needs to be redpilled on the jewiss question.

>pushing for traditional values
He's not pushing for traditional values at all except if you think the horizon of tradition is classical liberalism.

So he's selling basic bitch utilitarianism as a mystical experience, gotcha.

Sure did, I already know you're not going to answer because you have no idea though.

BUT MUH PRONOUNZ

Good, if not a little overrated. He kinda just echoes jungian ideas, and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there like him. He just hit it big by fighting against idiot kids.

He engages with people he disagrees with. Heavily. I am unsure what hardline left-wingers in your country are like, but here they would much rather -tell- people what to do, rather than listening to them. It is easy to make your enemies into fools like some people do, rather than giving them some credit for where they may be right. People on Sup Forums are great for that at times. It is easy to state your opinion, and use ad hominems against all those you disagree with, or make a reductionist argument, or to just say something to the effect of "you don't know what you're saying."

>where he fights extremism
He asks his listeners not to burst into violence like there has been in some of the US campuses, or antifa vs. free speech rallies lately. As for traditional values, he wants people to really build themselves up, rather than only buying into group identity. His distinction between victimization and suffering is pretty useful.

You don't have to watch him if you already know everything there is. Or if you're an ignorant idiot who thinks he understands half of Peterson's thoughts without even watching him. But criticising him for spreading the knowledge is idiotic no matter how you look at it.

Will never happen since he has a bunch of Jewish friends.

>the principle works
you just got lucky that someone else in your family also agreed with you

I'd say he doesn't merely "echo Jungian ideas", seeing as he's also doing his best to relate and ground these ideas into current scientific perspectives, not only psychology but also neuroscience, Darwinism, a bit of artificial intelligence and so on.

>What do you think of Jordan Peterson?
He's a well meaning person with an unprovable theory, which he has great difficulty expressing succinctly.

>>He engages with people he disagrees with.
So? The people "he disagrees with" (which he agrees on 99% of it) have everything, the media, the education system, the government, the laws, and his "preferred method" to fight this is debate?

Did you ever read Ellul or McLuhan or Postman or anyone? I know you haven't, it's a rhetorical question.

You don't fight systemic propaganda by wasting your energy on debate and meanwhile "just manning up and going with the flow" which is his retarded advice to fatherless young men who don't know any better.

>He is fighting left-wing extremism, but even he said he has some more contemporary views.
I'm aware.
The funny thing is that nothing he says is particularly revolutionary. It's just common sense, though he's got a particular talent for explaining things and putting them in context.
The real tragedy is that he's considered unique, rather than the norm. More or less every argument and conclusion he comes to, I've come to independently over the past 15 years. I only differ morally in that I've ended up on the far-right, because I no longer believe that common sense and traditional values can save the west. We're too far gone demographically speaking.

I found his lecture on far-right extremism to be quite interesting, though. I've read about the disgust response before, but he put it in a context that really illuminates how it works. It explains exactly how I feel.

Actually, that's a great advice. You do what you can and if you fail, so be it. That makes you strong AND keep yours and others sanity intact. What's your other options? Fighting bullshit with bullshit? Well, it wouldn't take much time before you start fighting for your retarded lies, and who the fuck needs that?

How far back do you intend to go? The feudal age?

>unprovable theory
What's his theory?

The Medium Is The Message is something that a lot of us read when we were younger, actually. It's been in some class studies when we take our upper year electives in High School as part of the analysis of what we are exposed to. (I think they used to call it critical literacy. It wasn't exactly his best work).

>You don't fight systemic propaganda by wasting your energy on debate
Correct!

>"just manning up and going with the flow" which is his retarded advice to fatherless young men who don't know any better.
Seems partly correct. I think what his message is is the same one that has been voiced by the authors of religious texts, and some of the authors he has recommended to use in lecture, and in his reading this; you might not have been the one who decided the situation you are in, but there is something you can do about it. And, if everyone did that, what a great world it may be. What advice might you give to fatherless young men? Who would you tell them to read? I am a teacher in training, and I'd love to hear what you have to say on this actually.

>eat this soup with a fork and however much spills, spills, JUST NO SPOONS DON'T THINK ABOUT SPOONS #THEREISNOSPOON

Well, if you're so dumb that eating soup with a fork is the best you can do, so be it. you have extremely low standards tho.

alt-lite self-help guru with an unbearably feminine voice

that all religion and mythology are evolutionary artifacts of man's struggle to ascend the dominance heirarchy and the archetypes in these stories are genetically encoded in humans.

I think it'll be sad when that weirdo NEET running the pordan jeeterson shoots him and wears his skin.

He is leading in research on post modernism in order to expose their ideology under academic light and using the funding he's getting to setup essentially his own college on psychology to rival the establishment of academia so that when the government finally defunds their asses, and needs a replacement he will already have an entire system set up, led by him, to become the new academic establishment. For the next five years he and his allies will be publishing papers that expose the post modernists and will use that work to support his pushes for reform.

Or, is that not enough? Maybe he needs to go out there and just chimp out and kill them all instead like a Serbian nigger

That's more of a model than a theory. He has some basis for it tho. Like how we universaly understand the stories we're told.

I am literally considering not shooting up my school because of this man

to put it in Sup Forums terms, what's the point of being a white man in a sea of niggers.? and additionaly the brainwashed whites keep trying to drown you

He should try selling this to China, they're big on dominance hierarchies. Has anyone come to the conclusion that he's just shilling for the Sesame system?

>to expose their ideology under academic light
Yeah, remember how the slaves exposed the ideology of slavery under slaveowner light?

regardless of what you want to label it, it's unprovable.

SHUT UP AND SORT YOUR ALPHABET NOODLES

I was on a steady upward trend towards radicalism as well, and only softened and learned to start living in the present again basically, because of him too.

Wow good argument, but don't forget to wipe your ass now that you've pushed it out.

The best would be somewhere between feudalism and nationalism (which became civil society then globalism)