What do you get for being an atheist and being correct?

What do you get for being an atheist and being correct?

>I'm religious purely as a hedge against potential interventions of deities

Yeah if I was a God you'd be going straight to my Hell analogy regardless

not being a literal cuckold weak degenerate religious shill?

Not living life with dysfunctional thought processes filling your psyche up with ridiculous anxieties and delusions.

I had a friend in high school who shared this logic. It was weird. Dude was über smart and he was like a devout catholic but he didn't believe in God, he just did it all because on the off chance there was a God it was better to be religious than an atheist.

> Live your life according to fear of the unknown

Whew lad

>dont believe in god
>just think in your head "hey god, i believe in you lil nigga, dont send me to hell my dude"
>it works and when i die go directly to heaven
god is such a dumb nigger lol

It really pisses me off when people misinterpret Pascal's wager like this.

The original argument wasn't some cheapass shit, it was the guy saying that a person who exhibits virtues of kindness and charity and so on will go to heaven even if he's not Christian, because God isn't an asshole.

if you agree that you can't be sure about god, how can you be so sure what he'd want? What if you worship god, and in the end it turns out, sort of as a funny prank, he sends all the people who worshipped him to hell and all the atheists go to heaven?

that is not true. Pascal's wager is accurately represented

topkek
definitely this

because most people have been consumed by sexual immorality

>Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

>But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

>But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

>So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

>He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

>But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

>Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Never understood how people thought they could mislead God. I'm pretty sure he would know what you actually think since he's God and all.

People forget that belief is just that. You have to actually believe it. I find myself struggling to hold on to my belief in god, but I'm not going to go around the internet shoving it in everyone's face like some do.

This. The wager is based on a perfectly all loving god .

Pacman's Wager posits that if you wait until all the ghosts are following you before you eat the pellet you get 1600 points, but you also run the risk of getting ghosted yourself

They're screwed.

'Hear then the parable of the sower: When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is what was sown along the path.' Matthew 13:18

>loving
>good

By your limited human understanding of the words.

Read Job.

No one goes to heaven. I bet you've sinned at least 10 times since you woke up today. Have you repented?

WISDOM STARTS WITH THE FEAR OF GOD

What about John 9:41?

Nietzche didn't celebrate the Death of God. It was something he was woeful of.

I just stole chocolate milk from work. I'm suppose to pour it out because it expires tomorrow but instead I'm going to drink it. I'm sorry, God.

I read job and in the end he came out better then he did this is the ultimate good

Hell doesn't exist as it's a tool designed by organized religion to keep the general populace towing the proverbial party line (unless they want to burn in hell forever)

are you retarded or just illitterate? Nietzche PRAISED the death of god in both "Twilight of the Idols" and "Thus Spoke Zarathustra".
he litterally developed the ubermensch theory basing on the death of god

Eternal joy, of course.

You can Pascal's Wager ANYTHING.

PW is useless without an addendum that Christianity actually has a significant chance of being true.

This. I have literally thrown PW back at people after repositioning the argument around cryonics. Fucks the whole thing up and illuminates how outdated the wager is.

The Mormon column would actually send "bad deeds rewarded" to the lowest heaven, the telestial kingdom. Only Mormons who have apostasized end up in outer darkness, the Mormon hell.

I don't think you have to follow any organized religion to be a christian
>towing the proverbial party line
as opposed to what?
freely lying, cheating and being actively malicious against other people?

If a religion is all about getting to some heaven or avoiding some kind of divine punishment to you, you're a drone; a peasant; a slave.

If you're an atheist because divinity seems illogical an weird, you're at the level of a clever tween boy.

Religiousness and spirituality has very little to do with the paranormal in the real world.
It's about strengthening social norms, forming a common mindset across an entire civilization in order to promote unity among members and echoing the primordial concepts and social roles that our very instincts as social animals tell us to adhere to.

Religion isn't about what happens after you die.
Nobody really cares what happens in death while they're alive since they're not dead yet, and when they are, their brains stop working, so they can't care.

Religion is like that instruction manual you get for assembling furniture, except it tells you how to assemble a society.

Heaven and hell are right here on earth, as states of being, and the things we do send us into those states.

When people lose sight of what religion really is about, you get retarded shit like Islam, satanism or OP.
Absolutely disgusting.

You don't. Only the sects themselves claim you do, despite how asinine this claim is.

>multiple sects rep the same early Christian writers and saints
>somehow know they belonged to that sect despite those fucking sects not existing at the time these people lived

This same 'argument' can be applied to the thousands of other religions you don't believe in, yet this fact does not bother you at all.

not if you just use your magic want and say "all religions worship the same god they just got the details slightly wrong so as long as you believe in anything then it counts". ive heard that shit before and its maddening how they could just use circular logic freely.

>Religious
>Degenerate

Atheist and Secular people are the main cause of degeneracy in the entire world.

>Muh religion is used by oppressors meme

Yet all religions for some reason demand that a ruler is but a mere human-being like those he rules,demands that he/she rules his/her people fairly and also requires people to always value God above all else.

Islam is the only religion which is followed correctly,incase you didn't know.

I guess that's why people hate it in the first place,because it doesn't pander to dipshit,hedonistic cunts.

fpbp

just be yourself op

>Atheist and Secular people are the main cause of degeneracy in the entire world
exhample

REKT

i dont know why pascals wager is mentioned anywhere

god knows how you calculate
and you are an opportunist and not a believer for doing so hence no heaven anyway

>buddhism applying reincarnation to everything except buddhism

whoever bothered to make this had some serious 'tism

>Islam is the only religion which is followed correctly,incase you didn't know.

How on God's green fucking earth do you come to that conclusion when its original lessons, the ones meant to be followed, have been twisted and perverted by its corrupt priests for so many fucking centuries?

Yeah, okay, the original lessons it taught were half decent. Anything they added after that is what turned it into the shit show we see today.

When your religion promotes killing females, attacking other tribes and bowing your head and submitting like a slave, is it really worth following in the first place?

A good faith insures that the members of your family, then your town, then your faith, then your nation, then the rest all get to have good, productive lives and that get to grow and ask themselves questions about the world, so that they can discover and grow.
A good faith promotes a strong sense of individualism and personal strength while forming deep and meaningful bonds with others.
A faith encourages a man to do the things he was fucking meant to do, to be a human being and do good in the world, not stone people to death and close your mind of to the rest of the world.

In that respect, it's garbage.

The Death of God (=nihilism) is a challenge & an opportunity. Yes it means maximum degeneracy but also free space for something new to form.

Most importantly, the DoG is for Nietzsche the ultimate consequence of the slave revolt in morality, i.e. Judaic dualism. Using Nietzsche's metaphor you would say that God was more alive for the pagans of Aniquity than for the Christians of the medieval period. Christianity was part of the very nihilating process that destroyed it.

>mfw filistines think into Nietzche
He viewed it as a bad thing, because of the degeneracy it brings, and believed that God should be replaced with culture.
He was also wrong on many accounts. Some of his criticism was good, but the conclusions were shit.

>t. Catholic

if the death of god to you means degeneracy and not freedom from past dogmas leading to a new kind of man who can bend the reality to his will, you not only totally misinterpreted Nietzche, but you're also a gigantic retard cuckold

>mormonism and folk religions
>no orthodoxy

I think you misread what he posted, because he was implying exactly that.

The entire West,where some of the biggest sins condemned by the 3 Abrahamic religions are normalized to the point that they are part of the culture,that includes adultery and homosexuality.

>Twisted and corrupted by priests

That isn't possible,the religion was made strict enough that anyone who tries to fuck with its structure gets his shit kicked in. That's why the religion is more strict than its predecessors but that didn't prevent the Hadiths from happening,from which not all of them are true,that includes a part that literally says that hell isn't eternal even though it says so in the Quran.

>Killing females

The Quran specifically told us to not kill a single person let alone a female unless it is for justice.

If you're talking about females who get killed for committing adultery then you should take a look at how you men in the West get treated by your women,who demand to be treated like a god AND by someone who is 10 feet tall and muscular or else she will cheat on him.

>Attacking other tribes

>War wasn't normal af back in the day

It was 2 things,m8. You conquer or get conquered. There is no other way around and we sure as hell didn't want to wait until it was too late. Also how else were we supposed to spread the religion in the first place?

>Bowing your head and submitting like a "slave"

You can't call it slavery if I do it at my will and whenever I want

It is the right thing to do,and I don't think that your "muh free will" mentality will prove otherwise.

>thinking that simple "belief" will get you eternal joy
>50,000 different religions, each one says its the one true religion and you'll get eternal suffering if you choose any of the other ones
>choose one
>die
>whoops, wrong one, you get eternal suffering
shit wager tbqh famalam

a painful truth

so you'd choose none? at least believing in one of those will increase your chances if only by a slight margin

>What do you get for being atheist?
>literally ayo god, gimme dat
Now I know why so many black people are religious.

No community
No culture
No cohesion

and unsurprisingly, no wimmen.

:/

That was EZ next...

a lifetime of virginity

I don't stray further away from the truth

Also

>insures that the members of your family, then your town, then your faith, then your nation

In the Quran,it is stressed that we respect our parents,especially the mothers as our mothers could be our gateway to paradise,meanwhile Conservashits like to talk about how Islam degrades women.

>promotes a strong sense of individualism and personal strength while forming deep and meaningful bonds with others.

And does the Quran say otherwise? I don't remember it asking us to be disrespectful to anyone who doesn't deserve it.

>encourages a man to do the things he was fucking meant to do, to be a human being and do good in the world, not stone people to death and close your mind of to the rest of the world.

Here we go again with the stoning meme.

Stoning was never mentioned in the Quran but I think it is a good punishment for women who think they can go around fucking whoever they want and claiming its normal and for men who like to have dicks stuck up their poophole.

>Close my mind to the rest of the world

Because great ideas come from you "people" including normalized homosexuality and adultery.

I live in a Muslim country and I can assure you that almost all people here are kind-hearted loving people,not just to Muslims but also to Christians.

Keep going with this "If it is possible then it should be 110% normal" meme and see how far your "civilization" will go.

>where some of the biggest sins condemned by the 3 Abrahamic religions are normalized to the point that they are part of the culture

>implying the 3 abrahamitic religions are not degenerate themselves

nice try nigger

Unless God only lets people into heaven if they were smart enough not to believe in him because he gave no evidence.

Atheists can't be correct tho because they don't hold any beliefs.

Hell for an atheist is living with themselves

They're not degenerate. All 3 call for the exact opposite,but only Islam succeeded in enforcing that,which is why Muhammad,peace be upon him was the last prophet. And also that is why we are considered an enemy by many,simply because we refuse to bend our religion to the will of practically Satan-worshipping,immorality praising,wannabe "civilized" warmongering cunts.

>pascal's wager

I would rather burn in hell then have a shitty book written by people who didn't know where the sun went at night tell me what to do and how to live my life.

The bible is not an encyclopedia.

Are you sure you are picking the right religion though?

All religion is retarded. Only faggots let old texts tell them what to do.

i could tell you're a subhuman nigger just by reading your comments, even without looking at your flag.

keep wondering why islamic countries are all poor third world country shitholes while europe and north america lead the world even with the "sins" you bray about

it's all based or the same retarded notions

The sad thing about atheism is nothing isn't even an option. Nothing simply does not exist.

> I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME MOM!!!!!

What do you get for pretending to be christian? Oh that's right, eternal damnation.

Also Pacal's Wager is not even entry level bait anymore, try harder.

The problem is I can't force myself to believe something merely because of the potential rewards of believing it. If a millionaire offered me a thousand dollars to believe the sky is green, I don't have the mental flexibility to collect the money. Unless pretending to believe it will suffice.

Please, try harder.

That doesn't make any sense.

> Universe is causal
> Matter is Contingent
> .... therefore the Material, Causal Universe was created in and of itself

Atheists are retarded.

> People are born knowing the right thing to do in a burgeoning society

Think yourself lucky that you are living in the afterglow of a christian civilisation

The implication there was that through Buddhism a buddies could reach nirvana and thus break the cycle of reincarnation.

user, I'm afraid it's you that has the 'tism

Sunday mornings m8

>Being religious only because you're afraid of a metaphysical being punishing you eternally like some kind autist because you didn't try to talk to him

>People are born knowing the right thing
How very religious of you

>Not being manipulated by the religious leaders
>Enjoying being right

way to misread my post

Are people only religious because they get something for it? i.e. rewarded

I suppose it's hard to guess the motives of an omnipotent being. I mean Pascal's wager could help you if through the practice of religion your deity received something for your participation, like if it got stronger when more people prayed to it. That would mean it wasn't really omnipotent if it required mortals to believe in it for power or sustenance. If God's power and knowledge is truly without bounds then it seems like the reason it would want you to participate in religion is some kind of sign of respect or allegiance. If that's true then it would know that you didn't really believe but only wanted to be on its good side and rather or not that is acceptable is anyone's guess. The Lord works in mysterious ways I suppose and if he exists we mortals would have very little way of comprehending his motives.

That's the most retarded asinine argument ever. You only have a marginally higher chance of not going to hell if you commit to a religion as there's about 10000 other religions according to which you're going to hell as well.

are atheists only living to tell others how meaningless life is? seems pointless to me.

>Not believing in every religion at once to maximize your odds

You're not thinking post-religiosity!

Can you prove nothing exists?

Nothing is simply a mental construct that is not reflective or reality. It is literally 'not a thing' by its very own definition.

Absolutely haram.

>his

Nothing is merely the lack of something. You can't prove it exists because, by definition, it does not exist. Also, you're a retard.

>it's impossible to corrupt religion

Can't tell if you're retarded or just trolling, but here's a (You)

>i only choose to believe things if there is something in it for me.
>facts don't matter, only my own personal state of mind.

Religious fags of all kinds should be shot.

That's such bullshit it becomes plausible again- Let's meme it into a system of belief.