youtube.com/watch?v=tdB-B4s3gVM
youtube.com/watch?v=1v6y-pKDCFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DedMgHTnbsY
youtu.be/S69Odyq2dXk
youtube.com/watch?v=LkoOCw_tp1I
bibleprobe.com/buddhatoldofjesus.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Interesting.
Meditation would help 99% of Sup Forums resolve their 'issues' but then again, so would a good mental health clinic.

Before I started to learn about Buddhism, mountains were mountains and waters were waters. When I started to learn about Buddhism, mountains were no longer mountains and waters were no longer waters. Now that I have learned Buddhism, mountains are once again mountains and waters are once again waters.

If anyone tells you fire is light, pay no attenton. When two theives meet, they need no introduction. they recognise each other without question.

so close, yet so far away...
being at "one-ness" with the universe is awesome.
trying to do that by escaping all the bad things (like pain and anger) is the obvious failure.

take it all in, either succumb or overcome. if you fail, try again. THAT should be buddhism.

Buddha was right when he said
>Anger is like a hot stone you pick up with the intent to hurt someone. You end up only hurting yourself.

Buddhism is one of the best religions (or lifestyle) you can have.

it's ok but a bit antiquated. we got psychedelics which pretty much give you the same shit although i guess it's like maybe they are illegals in places so until magic mushrooms are as legal as weed just meditate or break the law and get raped by a nigger, nigger.

yeah it's ok i guess it's no scientology though tom cruise can literally fly have you seen it?

hahahahahahahahahahahahah i'm not a robot

based, Budha had blue eyes

It's pretty based.

English materials could use some modernization, though. Preferably by someone that isn't a hippy for a change. Japan and Korea have material written by more recent monks that suits the modern era more.

The west has basically developed some hindu/buddhist because they focus entirely on the roots when buddhism is something meant to be continually developed.

you need to do more than read the back of a Buddhist book before you try to refute it

thanks, Jesus

>Mother dies of cancer, on her final day she passes away utterly terrified of dying
>This in turns scares the shit out of me so I meditate for 2 years because I don't want to die scared
>Nothing for those 2 years, then I have one incredible moment where the world is no longer inherently threatening to me
>That fades away of course, can't experience it again
>Get disappointed and stop meditating

I should start again. Buddhism is great if you use what's useful and discard the rest. I doubt Gautama Buddha himself would object to a foreigner not worrying about the culture-centric gods and demons that get wrapped up in the goofier vehicles.

Guatama Buddha was atheistic to begin with. He found value in the stories, but he didn't believe in worshipping something we couldn't prove the existence of.

It sounds like your main problem was practice with a goal instead of practicing just to practice.

Kind of like weightlifting. You get less discouraged if you don't have a specific goal and timeframe in mind.

Has been helping me deal with my Catholic brainwashing. I'm always in a constant struggle with my brain. Every time I do something non Catholic like, I lose it and my brain says, "Thats Satan talking!" I can't stand it. Buddhism helps.

Check out Meister Eckhart's (not Eckhart Tolle) writings. It might help bridge that Catholic>vaguely Buddhist gap

After having studied it for years I can honestly say its not compatible with the ideals of the White Nation State, and specifically what is necessary to make that happen in the long run. If you are a typical libshit and just want to stare at a wall all day and don't care about the world around you, sure meditate all day. If however you want to see change in the world, buddhism isn't the path.

Nice religion. They are the only ones actively fighting the Muslim threat nowadays

the middle way is the only way

Buddhism and Taoism (and I suspect eastern spirituality in general) seem to be a lot better than the abrahamic bunch. I'm still not a fan of the belief in supernatural things, but they 1. Don't practice violent conversion of non-believers 2. Do practice healthy habits like meditation and the idea of life being a balance of order and chaos

then what is

It has much to teach humanity.

Yeah, nothing should be taken on blind faith

And as for the cultural thing, definitely. All of the 'method' aspects of Buddhist teaching are kind of filtered through the host culture in a way that's suitable for the people listening

Of course, the teaching on absolute truth are not filtered through any cultures

and Thomas Merton

>If however you want to see change in the world, buddhism isn't the path.
haha if only you could understand the irony of that statement

the distraction is satan talking. don't hold to "Catholic dogma". When it comes up again, just point out the fact that peods are running around in the damn catholic church and that's you you need to leave it behind for actual truth from God's Word, not some lying man pretending to ursurp authority and Glory that doesn't belong to him. You'll get past it user. Keep trying.

Terribly sorry to hear that user. If meditation makes the fear go away, then do that. The more you practice meditation, the easier it becomes.

Why would you want to change the world? You don't have that kind of time, focus on yourself. If you truly want to change the world, the only solution is to get into biological science, figure out the dying of old age problem, and then start thinking about ideologies. If you intend to change the world by going around and convincing humanity, you're hysterically underbudgeted when it comes to time, regardless of whether your ideology is buddhism or something else.

White Nationalism needs rallying points. Buddhism won't provide that. Paganism and Xtianity already have, in their spiritual foundations, points people can leverage to create the change necessary in the world, and unite people. Buddhism *can* unite people, but in the west especially it unites people to sit around and do nothing, which they consider a virtue. If you are really interested I would suggest only studying Buddhism in so far as is necessary to pass a college level class on world religions, no more than that. So the 4 Noble Truths, the 8 Fold Path, the 3 poisons, the 3 baskets, and then the 4 ancient schools of buddhism and why the Madyamika Prasangika (middle-way) is the current accepted train of thought.

Worships Buddha who talks about self-disciplin and weighs 300+ pund
Give me a fucking break!

Very based.

Doesn't meditation seem pretty unnatural to you? That is my biggest reservation about meditation. Also seems all the westerners that jump on with Buddhism are Jews (google Jewbu) of pussy liberals. There is a distinct lack of good role models in Buddhism, imho.

White Nationalism isn't even a term that makes sense. Are you rallying around your whiteness or your nation? If you're doing it to oppose the hordes of islamic bullshit, counter their fiction with science and their angry/victimized feelings with rationality. You are superior because of your culture, not because of your skin color or the borders of your nation. Don't be silly.

>Xtianity
didn't see that coming....
that's budai, not buddha

Meditation is about self-improvement, and yes, it is unnatural. Just as unnatural as not giving in to the enticing meal of a huge burger with fries and soda. Being able to control yourself and sacrifice pleasure in the now in order to gain more pleasure in the future is what makes us different and better than the other animals. Meditation is exactly that. You sacrifice 5-20 minutes of your time every day in order to learn to control, tolerate and maybe even slightly reduce your constant emotional turmoil, and then you can use that to act rationally in situations where you really really feel like acting emotionally, but where acting emotionally is a bad thing in the long term.

The 'religious' aspects are of course ridiculous and wrong, and the ethical system leaves much to be desired with the exception of the concept of "sila".

The real innovation of Buddhism was a completely amoral areligious askesis, as well as much of its metaphysical and epistemological ideas.

It took the West centuries to abandon Plato's "essence" bullshit in favor of a model closer to anatta. So much of western philosophy is arguing about things that don't even exist, all because we took the idea of Forms and Real Universals at face value.

Anyway just a few more cents to kick into this conversation - If you are still interested in buddhism and are reading this thread - Go read the Heart Sutra - and don't even try to understand what you just read, just google the explanations from high level teachers and Lamas. That is, the most condensed version of all of Buddhist teachings, which when properly applied, is all the entirety of all Buddhist teachings.

Some cool chants I found a while ago:

youtube.com/watch?v=lkRuARu9f0w

youtube.com/watch?v=UnxMDdfHB0Q

Enjoy

>what does Sup Forums think about Buddhism
Despite the meditative memes that the ignorant, "New Age" West perpetuate, Buddhism [too] is comprised mostly of baby blood elixir-of-youth exsanguinating faggots, diddlers, genocidal murderers and betas that cannot operate in wider society--thus hermetically seal themselves away.

>kill counts do not include likes of Shintoism (e.g., nips / WW2) -- a derivative of Buddhism -- or Genghis Kahn's "10%" of the contemporaneous world's population

Which type did you look into?

If everyone improved themselves then the world would change for the better. The idea is to improve your cog in the world clock.

They hate mudslimes too, so they're based in my book
youtube.com/watch?v=_HHrIqaI6YM

Specifically Tibetan buddhism, with an emphasis on the Gelug linage of teachers. But I encorporated many other teachers from different traditions such as Ticht Naht Hahn and The eleventh Mindrolling Trichen, Trichen Jurme Kunzang Wangyal, which is AFAIK was Dzogchen which is a type of Tibetan Zen more or less.

Another video
youtube.com/watch?v=BOK8f7ZymDI

>The 'religious' aspects are of course ridiculous and wrong
Be skeptical but don't be so quick to throw them out, like Jordan Peterson says- mythologies hold a lot of truth

Gate gate paragate, parasamgate bodhi svaha.

youtube.com/watch?v=V8rA98liOZ4

That's exactly the point he was making. The religious aspects are of course ridiculous and wrong. The ethical or moral ones are worth looking into, however.

I would say to check out Thervadic or other branches of Mahayana besides tibetan.

I'm a fan of soto zen myself. It's more about finding an understanding and acceptance.

that first chant...

If you haven't seen this movie, I recommend it
>youtube.com/watch?v=tdB-B4s3gVM

holy shit. LOL this is great!

damn Sup Forums you never cease to amaze m

shintoism is not an offshoot of buddhism

>The religious aspects are of course ridiculous and wrong
huh? that's opposite of what I'm saying, but you're implying it's the same...

what do you mean 'religious'

Actually its not the moral, its the metaphysical.

Concepts like anatta, dukkha, and the Buddha's separation between askesis and morality as distinctly different concepts are interesting.

The morality [with the exception of the idea of sila] is pretty cucky.

>"Homosexual behavior, especially, is behavior that will put an end to nations and humanity. What does it mean by putting an end to nations? Someone who practices homosexuality will not care about their country, so that country will disintegrate. Homosexuals do not procreate, so the human race will vanish! This kind of behavior is forbidden by national law, universal law, and natural law. Those who do will fall into the hells no matter who they are. Every one of us must know this.

>People cannot be oblivious to the basic responsibilities of human beings, otherwise we cannot even compare to animals. Notice how animals do not engage in homosexual behavior. Some may argue that same-sex lab rats practice homosexuality, but that is because you force these rats. Has anyone confined you so that you are only with those of your sex and make you practice homosexuality? This kind of behavior defies creation; it is wrong. Cultivators must be normal and not psychologically deranged."
>-Chan Master Hsuen Hua

pretty red pilled

DAMN-- Blocked in my country
what is the name of it?
Spring Summer Fall Winter and Spring?
I do enjoy the cultural aspects and Theravada is great. I don't have a preference and haven't studied in a long time. I do feel I have a decent grasp on the basics. Some of the Tibetan stuff like the Tantra was pretty far out and I didn't relate.

youtube.com/watch?v=1v6y-pKDCFQ

sila IS 'morality', what other types are you referring to

not as based as Daoism

I was an active meditator for over fifteen years and let me tell you one thing: no amount of meditation could fix Canada.

>what is the name of it?
>Spring Summer Fall Winter and Spring?
Yeah

how about this one
>youtube.com/watch?v=DedMgHTnbsY

>"The Jews are a parasitic people who are not indigenous" - D. T. Suzuki

based zennist

also, Tantra isn't to be stidied without a proper grounding in the foundations and without a qualified Teacher who you trust

Food for thought. Thanks, Sven.

investigate chinese zen, it's a syncretic amalgam of taoism and buddhism. sans taoist superstition.

>Spring Summer Fall Winter and Spring

Its blocked but i will find it, maybe even find a torrent. It looks good mate. Cheers.

Kikes tried to shitskin Jesus
Kikes tried to shitskin Akhenathen
Kikes tried to shitskin Mozart
Nice try kike.

Tantra is exactly why I couldn't do Tibetan. I appreciate that East Asia's schools are more philosophy and thought based that South Asia's.

>sans taoist superstition
but that's the part I like. thanks though, I'll give it a look

They first need to learn to pronounce it correctly.

> self examination and self awareness is unnatural
>t. swede

checks out

S'cool.

Repulsive.

I hate my country.

Buddhism is a miserable heterodox antimetaphysical doctrine. Fuck it.

vajracchedika prajnaparamita sutra is better than prajnaparamitahrdaya sutra just fyi

This is exactly what I always thought meditation was about

Ya that is absolutely true. I never got very far into it and quit because I didn't have a teacher. It's doubtful I will follow that path again. I found a couple of torrents. I will probably force my gf to watch it with me
>tfw gf exists

It has been long known that nignogs cannot into the universal oneness of non-duality. For even Confucious say. The nignog will blame his rice today for his hunger tomorrow.

Absolutely beautiful...

youtu.be/S69Odyq2dXk

Mongolian master of Kalachakra is here. Ask your questions.

Buddhism is the practices a series of brave anons who reached a realm beyond order and chaos and came back to shitpost in this timeline.

The diamond cutter sutra better than the heart sutra? WTH nahhh bro. 1000 YEARS GULAG FOR YOU.
Actually JK I can't really argue that because I never read the diamond cutter sutra only the heart sutra. I don't have much if any experience with the diamond cutter.

Diamond cutter is dope dude, when u get gud it turns ur benis into a literal diamond cutter.

I never really got far into the Kalachakra and actually have forgotten most of it. Isn't something to do with time?

MODMODMOD
>I'm losing my goyim

To anyone who is still reading this bread,
ok to be honest there is a part of buddhism that I think is EXTREMELY applicable to your every day life and especially when you are at work, and that is the art of Mindfulness. There are all kinds of buddhist teachings about mindfulness but is so helpful in the art of sales. Even though I don't work in sales (i work in IT) i have to sell ideas to people and in order to do that I have to remain calm and attentive, and utilize reflective types of listening. It helps in all interpersonal relationships as well. Just food for thought.

youtube.com/watch?v=LkoOCw_tp1I

bibleprobe.com/buddhatoldofjesus.htm

fucking this. i slayed hella white bitches reciting lines from the diamond sutra. gotta be in sanskrit though bitches don't like no weak ass english speaking nigga

If all desire leads to pain then isn't the desire to not have pain a desire in of itself?

What do you think of tantra? I have a cousin who claims that it ruined his health.

This is hilariously fake. Protestantism was a mistake.

chink heresy.

Getting real sick and tired of your shit, Swedistan.

Why do you think that natural necessarily means good? Living in skyscrapers, not raping people you want to fuck etc. are also unnatural things, but I think it's a pretty good thing that we do those things.

That being said, people these days would probably be happier if they were a little bit more in tune with their primitive side. Training martial arts once a week and making it a point to have consensual sex that a third party onlooker would interpret as rape are both things I fully encourage.

It's the same thing as designer babies.
If god send his son to earth why would he make his skin sandnigger colored?

welcome to bhuddism lesson one pleb.

Bhuddism is a good set of tools but it won't give you any meaning.

I like Buddhism but dislike most western Buddhists I've met. They seem like LARPers.

That's like finding the grind core CD collection of Gandhi...

>Bhuddism is a good set of tools
For what? Its philosophy posits the problems.

I would like to get rid of all government funding of churches, synagogues and mosques, and encourge a culture where we openly ridicule people who believe in such fairy tales. Isn't that good enough for you?

Seriously, it's fine to Santa-shame people. Why can't I fat-shame or Islam-shame them?

It' not the sort of religion that would contribute to building a strong society. Buddhism doesn't posit any sort of creation. The universe is said to be eternal, without beginning or purpose, and never having been created, it has no creator. From this view, the universe is a supreme mystery, inconsistent, unpredictable, and (perhaps) arbitrary. For those holding this view, the only paths to wisdom are meditation or inspiration--there being nothing to reason about. But if the universe was created in accord with rational rules by a perfect, rational creator, then it ought to yield its secrets to reason and observation. Hence, the scientific truism that nature is a book that is meant to be read.

The source of the western worlds ingenuity is their belief in a creator God. Without this belief we end up living like Indians.

>rape is natural
>fantasises about cuckolding
it writes itself

I do not think about it, I directly practice it. Well, first of all tantra is a quite dangerous path (if we are talking about high levels). I do not know what your cousin practiced, but a gradual practice with initiation from the guru and his instructions in very rare cases can cause some harm to your health.

He says he just read some techniques out of a book and tried them himself. I believe him about the problems desu, he has digestive issues, can't sleep half the time, etc

Any thing I can do to help him?

Yeah, so let go of that desire aswell? Like, duuude, chill the fuck out man! It's just pain and death, man. Like YOU are disturbing the cancer, man.

>the morality [with the exception of the idea of sila] is pretty cucky
True. Guhyasamaja-tantra categorically states that a Buddhist tantrist can kill any animal, lie, steal, commit adultery, etc., that any meat, including human, can eat. And the goal of Guhyasamaja-tantra is the rapid attainment of the state of the Buddha. The same goes for the other tantras, as well as dzogchen and vajrayana as a whole. What motivates this position? The adept of powerful non-dual teachings bears in himself a positive mystical and magical power acting on the living entities spiritually. The adept ennobles the environment and improves the karma of people and animals that have come into contact with him. From the transfer of grace, teaching, to the punishment of the unworthy, and the intersection with people in everyday routine situations. The more meat the adept eats, the more animals come into contact with his life, improving their karmic rebirths. The more human beings encounter an adept - in everyday life or in special situations - the more people improve their karma.