Family in San Francisco Earning $138k a Year Qualifies for Housing Subsidies

There are less than 5,000,000 people in the SF metro area. The apartment in the picture rents for over $4,000 a month. What causes a jewing of this proportion?
sfgate.com/local/article/SF-family-of-two-making-less-than-138k-now-11284347.php#photo-13030595

Other urls found in this thread:

zillow.com/savedhomes/for_sale/106829415_zpid/1_pnd/44.633482,-84.721069,39.159882,-94.564819_rect/6_zm/1_rs/1_fr/
zillow.com/homedetails/6916-Pondsdale-Ln-Austin-TX-78724/58301486_zpid/
zillow.com/homedetails/1355-Lemond-Rd-Owatonna-MN-55060/106829415_zpid/
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3511431/Inside-eight-foot-bedroom-pod-built-San-Francisco-apartment-s-equipped-sliding-door-LED-lights.html
zillow.com/homedetails/109-Talmadge-Pl-Hot-Springs-AR-71913/76161727_zpid/
realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-mosman-125819518
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> He doesn't understand how Capitalism works

For all the praise that this system gets, this board sure does hate it when they figure out they have no valuable work skills to use in a competitive market. Pick up your nearest economics book and turn to the supply and demand chapter and maybe you'll finally figure out why you have no spending power.

>the supply and demand chapter
It's not just that. People are dumb and are willing to pay the price. They could just move to a cheaper city in the area, but they don't. It's the same thing for every major city.

artificially low supply
they don't allow construction of housing

I would argue that you're simply describing the "demand" side of that term. "Demand" is not inherently logical, nor is logic a prerequisite.
Economists lament constantly that humans are fickle and irrational actors. It's why econometrics at the phd level is insanely difficult; how do you solve for infinite human variables, hell how do you even quantify them?

Frisco doesn't really have anywhere to build anything, only the suburbs which has plenty of affordable housing even immediately outside of frisco.

>dingdingding

Psssh have you been to the Bay nigger? Besides all the crusties and pieces of shit roaming the streets the peninsula is beautiful and the some of the properties out there look pretty fuckin sweet.

That and it's a fucking city yo wtf?

Why the fuck should some rednecks in Kentucky subsidize some faggots who want to live near the ocean in 70degree sunny weather.

nothing wrong with the 'burbs, but that's not hip enough for millennials

The real question is why the fuck would anyone want to live in that liberal cesspool?

It's nice to visit once, but fuck living there.

This shit is happening everywhere
Zoning laws and foreign ownership of homes and buildings is driving the cost of rent and houses up
Look at NYC, Seattle, Boston and LA. Students with tens of thousands in debt will be paying $1500 a month to live in a 100 sq ft apartment

Most cities that had this problem demolished old low-density housing to build tower blocks for the poor.

>housing subsidies
>supply and demand

burbs still aint cheap
its all a shithole
fuck califagya

>its not demand, its just demand

Eh, there is an equilibrium in the supply/demand elasticity. But yeah, it's not necessarily logical, some will pay way over price for something and others wouldn't consider it unless they were getting a deal.

that apartment actually looks like it's worth $4000 a month, plus it's in a popular location.

People who want a high paying job usually need to move to a city. It's not about being stupid or smart, it's about necessity for the growing urban liberal elite.

if someone will pay it than that is the fair market price

It's more like inflation pre-fed and inflation afterwards. What should be and what actually is.

>70degree sunny weather
>San Francisco

I live in SF. Pay $2900 a month for a 1 bedroom. It's expensive as fuck but I love living here. You can't beat the food. Pic related is my apartment

Part of the problem is that we're not building or developing any new cities in America, all the jobs are staying in the same places and we're just jewing up the rent.
I know there are certain cities that are growing right now (because of ex-Californians sorry guys) and will likely become the next tier in American cities, like Austin and Salt Lake. But still, more cities need to invest, develop, and pursue businesses imo.

>138K in frisco

Hopefully they're on foodstamps too.

What can you do in SF that you can't do in Austin?

Oh I realize I hyper simplified it, but for all intents and purposes, human economic actors have proven they aren't rational time and time again, although hell, even the term "rational" is up for debate. Is wanting to live in a busy city with lots of economic opportunity "irrational"? Is choosing a $5k a month loft when you make $55k a year and have 6 roommates "irrational" if you enjoy the comfort and are healthier due to the gym access and security guard?
Sounds like you could explain this a lot better than I ever could, my larger point was that value, cost, all these things are very subjective.

Which destroys the sense of community not to mention the charm and appeal of the city.

SanFranfag here. Housing is expensive but not that expensive. You can find a great private room for $1500 or live with a roommate in a nice unit for $750. Again, expensive, but certainly not as much as that clickbait would make you think, especially when minimum wage is $14 and there's a ton of jobs around.

even Oakland isn't cheap anymore. You're half way to Sacramento before you find something "affordable"

You can do many of the things you can do in SF, but there are fewer opportunities for those things in cities like Austin. SF has silicon valley right nearby. Anyway, isn't Austin getting pretty expensive as well?

>a great private room

Does it still smell like pee?

Bro, a 6x8 cardboard box in a corner is not a nice place

I've been to SF last year
Aside from the beautiful scenery the place was flooded with homeless. We have a homeless problem in Seattle but that looked minscual compared to the tent cities in SF
I saw one guy throwing pennies at a homeless guy talking to himself

I went to college in SF, and it honestly made me love small-town America.

>Government enforces low supply by preventing development.

This isn't capitalism's fault, its the government's.

In less than 5 years, if you saved as much as that every month, you would have 20% down on this place: zillow.com/savedhomes/for_sale/106829415_zpid/1_pnd/44.633482,-84.721069,39.159882,-94.564819_rect/6_zm/1_rs/1_fr/

Even at their full asking price the mortgage is still less than what you pay in rent. Not to mention you could easily rent like half that bitch out and cover most expenses.

San Fran is retarded dude

By great I mean within walking distance of popular streets, your job, etc. You can live in a house with friends in Daly City or whatever and just do a 45 - 60 min commute to downtown and will have your own room for $900. Most young people have roommates here.

>3 beds 1 bath 1,024 sqft
>$150,000

zillow.com/homedetails/6916-Pondsdale-Ln-Austin-TX-78724/58301486_zpid/

Not necessarily. Lived in NYC for a few years, bunch of the ones with good jobs came over from Jersey or LI.

lmao, no. What I sell you something for is not the fair market price, but what you're willing to pay. For example, nobody pays the same price for a car. But what's the fair market value in that case? Whatever the Kelley Blue book says?

Government exists to manage the movement and security of capital. The government vs business dichotomy is pushed by the kikes to confuse the population and split it into two camps as a divide and conquer technique. It also functions as a divide and conquer method for your brain when you see the government and business as separate and competing entities.

>the supply and demand chapter
I think we ALL remember the supply and demand chapter right goys?

wtf I want to move to texas now

Who wants a roommate?
How are you going to start a family?

>4k a month
>apartment

Start it with the roommate.

>What I sell you something for is not the fair market price, but what you're willing to pay
If someone is willing to pay it its the market price
It might not stay that price for long but right then it is

>tfw you can rent a luxury apartment in Texas with 2 beds for around 1k, and it comes with its own kitchen, living room, and master bathroom

Wew, the Jews really brainwashed ya. Then again, California is filled with fags, atheists, and liberals.

Oops sorry: zillow.com/homedetails/1355-Lemond-Rd-Owatonna-MN-55060/106829415_zpid/

That's just one place in the midwest too. I'm a metrofag also, and after killing some of my spending habits and squirreling away the mad amounts of money I'm making on an entry level job, I'm slowly realizing that I could live like a king almost anywhere else in the country.

I'll take privacy and heftier cash flow with cheaper cost of living over an Avocado-themed breakfast restaurant any day of the week, but that's just me

>How small is too small? Inside the 28 sq ft, $500-month 'pod' an illustrator built into his friend's San Francisco apartment
>Peter Berkowitz, 25, constructed a tiny bedroom pod in the living room of his friend's San Francisco apartment
>One bedroom apartments in the city rent for $3,500 per month compared to his $508 per month to live in a pod
>The pod is equipped with a fold-down desk, cushioned backboard that's slanted and LED lights for reading
>He believes pods can provide a 'needed fix' for people who want to add a bedroom to apartments without rent rising
>His eight-foot-long pod is also equipped with a sliding door and has room to store his books and clothing

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3511431/Inside-eight-foot-bedroom-pod-built-San-Francisco-apartment-s-equipped-sliding-door-LED-lights.html

stay out

How about not living in overpriced shitty cities?

the goverment is a net negative on the economy

Man all those fucks moving to austin fucked it up
Texas used to be dirt ass cheap for the whole state but property tax is insane

As Archie Bunker said of California, "All the fruits are a little nutty and all the nuts are a little fruity."

NOW THIS IS POD RACING!

>If someone is willing to pay it its the market price.
I agree with you there. As long as we agree that it's not necessarily a fair price.

>and security guard
u mad I live in a major city and I live in my own floor of a house for $800/m with a modest back yard and I sleep with the door open?

>thread about government subsidies and welfare
>talks about capitalism

kill thyself

>Frisco
neck yourself

The south is so underrated
Rate mine:
3 beds, 2 baths, 1525 sq ft
0.25 acres
$124,900.00

zillow.com/homedetails/109-Talmadge-Pl-Hot-Springs-AR-71913/76161727_zpid/

Going to be a eternal renter than buy a house or condo

what does fairness have to do with anything?
you dont like the market price dont buy it?

Its nice but not 750k nice in the midwest

How many hookers did Clinton fuck in it?

>Renting and housing gastronomically expensive
>Sanctuary state that receives over 100000 illegals a year
>High poverty and homeless rate

I swear sooner or later California will turn into the dystopia from Soylent Green

Great find. This is amazing.

>that is the fair market price
You're the one who talked about a fair market price.

there is almost certainly something very wrong with that house that isnt pictured senpai

Meant for

San Diegofag here
It already is

are there a lot of spics in your neck of TN? I see more than I care to, disgusted on a daily basis.

That area is ful if the dirtiest Mexicans you've ever seen. Property taxes on that will also run you a cool 6 grand a year- seriously .

OK what is unfair about it?

Of course not. I'm sure the actual offer is well below the asking price--people get scared when they see housing prices because they don't know how to negotiate.

>tfw my parents old house in a bad California neighborhood was worth 3x that in 2008

This has nothing to do with supply and demand. The jewish have produced a business environment in major cities such as SF and NYV based primarily on services. These are not actual real jobs. Things like consulting and managing and support and all this phony shit. Sure you have coders and techie types but all they do is create tools to support this services bullshit industry. It's one giant pyramid scheme to launder money and waste valuable resources. This is a product of ashkenazi culture and stands to reason why we should seriously consider exterminating their race in the US

i hate sd. they also congregate heavily around the library, courthouses, and storage units. no bridge is safe

>captcha: choose all the apartment buildings

realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-mosman-125819518

TWO
POINT
TWO
MILLION
DOLLARS

Well atleast they cleared them all out of Coronado

There's a difference between the market price and the fair market price is all. The disctinction needs to be made.
If someone is willing to pay a certain price, it is the market price, but not necessarily a fair market price.

This. And to a lesser extent, the State governments are HIGHLY to blame for alloweing foreign ownership of properties and landlords who lord over MULTIPLE buildings.

The realestate market is almost as sketchy as Big Pharma, except they don't assassinate all-natural doctors and instead invite in more homeless because they own all the property in the city and rent them out to boomers from Florida.

this. Let the free market fix it. SF is at cap.

this desu. i work a "makework" administrative job under contract and garner obscene amounts of money for what i do. the guy above me makes 83k/year with no prior experience in government and nothing but a ba in history.

we only exist at the facility we work in to secure a contract with the gov't for our employer. it's literally a money grab. they make no bones about it.

>What causes a jewing of this proportion?
Capitalism.

people shit so hard on the island but it's beautiful and the nogs/spics are few and far between, often are military and just there to drink

unfortunately the chinese bought up the hotel del coronado and things will likely be going downhill from here

>foreign ownership of homes and buildings
This right here should be illegal. It killed canada.

Jews, boomers, and chinks. All you need to know.

I've never understood this. Why is austrailia so expensive? It seem like you have tons of land

2.2 mill could get you oceanview property in some California towns

Nothing says a good ol' sense of community like a block of vacant properties owned by foreign investors for astronomically obscene prices.

But hey, keep it up, bud! I'm sure your first year sociology professor loved your paper on trotskyism.

> 500/mo to live in an indoor cuckshed
wow, that's way better then owning property; what have I been doing?

>island

>bought up the hotel del coronado
fuck the del
I wish that jew Alessio burnt it down for insurance money like he did with his dog track

Homeowners are lobbying hard against new development (because it would lower property value), so there is a housing shortage. It's been discussed at large all over media. On the one hand, this preserves the city landscape, on the other hand you get crazy high rent prices.

A block of busted vacant old properties does a lot less than a hive of 8000 imports.

we have tons of land, but most of it is desert or plains. most people live within 50 km of the ocean.

the high housing prices are really just the result of our version of your subprime housing market.

the federal government doesn't want any new cities to be created, and it wants to bring in 300,000 people every year (into a country with 24.3 million people), so we have a natural pressure on housing demand. our big 4 banks are pressing hard on the housing market. i believe in some areas (sydney, melbourne) we have a 15-20% year on year increase in housing prices.

everything is going to go to shit, soon. just 2 weeks ago all electricity retailers hiked electricity prices, by 20% in some states. perth is already in the middle of a massive housing collapse. some people there are on the hook for 4 mortgages at once.

>a hive of 8000 imports.
You're misunderstanding. No one lives there. They're empty.

The Federal Reserve. Low interest rates have pushed all the capital to silicon valley.

thats insane.
>the federal government doesn't want any new cities to be created
why tho

I hate your cabinets