Game with most accurate politics? Is tropico good? No manchild memes plz

Game with most accurate politics? Is tropico good? No manchild memes plz

Other urls found in this thread:

victoria2wiki.com/Ideology
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nah it's just Sims City shite

Bumping for red pilled games

B-but the reviews said you can starve people with gommunism and mow down protestors

I always tell others that in a kike, and I'm going to BTFO them with my communist regime. I also make sure to ban religion so christcucks can fuck off
>hurr derp common sense is oppressing us

Yes it is accurate.

Praise Talos!

Blitzkrieg

There are none.
Civ 4.
Tropico.
Pharoah (Cleopatra). Old, more of a city builder)
Emperor: Rise of the middle Kingdom. (old, more of a city builder)
Democracy. (Not complex enough).
EU4.

Funnily enough, I was actually theorising an incredibly detailed political game myself. It comprises political, military and economic aspects on a hexagonal sphere.

The goal is to make a functioning nation. Political types vary from direct democracy (which gives you little authority and control over society) but people are happy, moving through a medium of Republics, into different types of dictatorships, where you have more control, but more consequences from the population and bodies like the UN.

In a democratic system, you run your own party with different values. The better you run the country and the more you appeal properly to peoples needs, the more votes you get.

The economic aspect has complex banking policies, inflation, currency conversions, supply and demand, wages, sales costs, various taxes etc.

The military aspect hasn't really been fleshed out yet.

Buildings can be built by corporations, individuals or the state. If individuals build them, they run through real financial market tests, if they're not profitable and there's no demand for the service they supply, they shut down and tend to bankrupt the owner.

Autistic as shit, I know. Attached screenshot from theoretical stuff.

Victoria 2, Europa Universalis 4, Crusader Kings 2, Geopolitical Simulator 4.

I wanted to have the whole map as is earth. Like pic attached, but with more hexagons, and actual countries.

That's actually really cool user. Please keep going

I'd play it user, that sounds awesome

Tropico is great would recommend.

Sounds nice but you will never develop it

The most complex part I haven't fully figured out yet is the individual entities/characters in the game (ai controlled) and their needs priorities.

Each entity holds desires for food/job/housing/wanting to own business/safety etc in various orders. If their needs are not being met, satisfaction drops, which can lead to crime/theft or voting against your party.

I designed it so that it's feasible with any political ideology really. If you can keep the economy running, enemies deterred and satisfaction high, you can run it as a left wing hippie commune.

You can minimise legislation, free up business practices and allow capitalism to do its thing, as long as too many workers are dying, or there's a safety net provided by the state.

Or you could even run a nationalist dictatorship and forcibly invade other countries.

I want complete military conquest deterred by the UN where if you were for example North Korea, and declared war and invaded south korea, the UN would deploy an enormous coalition against your country and remove you.

This whole thing came about because I love political games, but none are ever detailed enough.

You're probably right. I have a full time job and do this to satisfy my autistic itch. I'd certainly like to turn it into a game though. I know it's feasible. I have an understanding of how coding works, and how I should keep the number of calculations needed minimal to maximise number of moving pieces visible to the player.

Poliics wise the most accurate is Victoria 2, some merit to Hearts of Iron 4
victoria2wiki.com/Ideology

Tropico is fun but in regards to reality and politics is a simplistic version for preadolescents

Looks nice, do you have a github?

I'm still going through the nuts and bolts of it all. It's nowhere near finished though.

With the military, I was thinking of keeping it similar to civ4 except its only in the modern period. But each unit occupies a square and does different things to support each other. The only way you could feasibly conquer the world would be to build an enormous military (like the United states, go into a coalition, and be able to defeat a full scale UN or foreign coalition offensive.

I also wanted to make this game because lefties don't understand how the market works. If they play a game where they raise minimum wage to $25/h a lot of businesses won't be able to eat that cost.

Also, the currency is fluid. If the reserve bank keeps creating its own money into the economy, exceeding GDP then money loses its value and potentially spiraling into hyperinflation.

Sample in-game logic process for company buying needed machinery for mine.
Level 5 mine opens
Level 5 mine wants giant machinery
Level 5 mine has enough funds to buy machinery
Level 5 mine checks price of all giant machines on sale (does this happen for common goods like food?)
Level 5 mine checks possibility of transporting all giant machines (some countries might not have infrastructure to transport it)
Level 5 mine checks price of all possible places than can sell and transport giant machine, chooses cheapest option.
Level 5 mine pays international company for giant machine itself (ownership gets converted)
Level 5 mine pays for foreign truck company to transport giant machine to dock/airport
Level 5 mine pays for transport of giant machine to domestic port/airport
Level 5 mine pays for domestic truck company to transport giant machine from port/airport to level 5 mine.

Nope. Never really thought about creating a game until this.

hurry up user before some autist steals it...

Do you guys think it's worth trying to push this concept into a game?

What would it cost to make an indie game on this kind of level?
-Also, I can't actually write code. I just have a vague understanding of how it works.

In this unfinished state, I don't think so.

Do you have some place with those ideas?
It would be fun to try and make a game with those ideas. But I understand if you prefer not to.

I really want a VR game about beeing in the Haag
Tribunal defending yourself with horrible translators and a slightly broken microphone.

Lol, nope.
You mean where I can keep people updated on progress?

But... why?
Also, that's awfully specific.

I had a dream last night about a tv show called Celebrity funerals. Where people who go to a funeral home with their loved ones, and the funeral guy turned out to be a famous celebrity, and the whole things on TV, and they keep trying to keep the funeral light and comical with jokes, and it doesn't work, and it's just kind of a mixture of sad, funny and weird.

>Poliics wise the most accurate is Victoria 2, some merit to Hearts of Iron 4

Yeah, for state politics Vicky is great, especially when combined with the pop system, but it's pretty weak for inter-state/global politics. I always find myself annoyed at the great 8 system and wishing for a faction system like HoI, for alliance and resource sharing.

EU Rome is also pretty cool, despite being an old game. Kind of a mix between CK and EU.

It's hard to say, but I think you have a very promising idea user. I hope to see you post about it again someday.

HOI was weak as shit for international politics I reckon. I can't remember which one, but there were only 4 political ideologies. And you could easily persuade any country, no matter the size to join your ideology by spamming a button.

Also, AI relations between the player and countries is another challenge I imagine facing. If studios like Firaxis can't get it slightly right, I imagine it might be an issue.

Thanks man. I really would like to turn it into a game. Maybe once I've fully fleshed out the concept, I'll look at feasibility of having it worked on.

tropico 5 one of the missions you get threatened with mass refugees and if you accept them your island just turns into chaos

It would be an interesting game fueled with redpills how (((they))) poison you so you cant remember in details what happened at the supposed massacres in the summer of 1992.

Only played Tropico 3.

Its like some failed attempt to mix Sim City and Victoria.

Its failed because, there is no capitalism or anything other than communism or despotism. Even if your citizens have a prevalent capitalist faction, they don't do anything or build anything. That's why I liked Vicky 2. Capitalists actually did shit.

Not always the right shit, but they tried.

Vicky 2 is a LOOOOT harder to learn though.

i think it'd be pretty easy to make a text based game. you could learn enough of programming in like 2 to 4 days

Happens in 3 too. Useful if you have a shitload of vacant jobs already lined up.

Not so useful when "fuck off we're full"

>HOI was weak as shit for international politics I reckon

This is true, but even that was better then Vicky 2's international politics. I love the game, but it's very era specific and the great 8 system means if a nation drops by a minuscule amount of prestige/military or industry, it suddenly is unable to project global influence and gets replaced by another nation.

I haven't yet played a game with global politics I've fully enjoyed to compare it to. Anyway if they translated Vicky politics to HoI faction system, there would be a lot more ideologies, Vicky has 7 BASE ideologies, and many more sub-ideologies catered to individual countries.

whats the core difference between victoria 2, europa 3/4, hoi and ck?

arent they essentially the same that cover different periods

If you want politics, any strategy game made by Paradox Interactive. Also Civ is good.

Heh. I was also going to include invisible characteristics for different ethnic groups. With some having natural more occuring criminality or lower IQ.

I was also making the game so that you can pick what areas of society new laws apply to. So you:

Choose what kind of law you want
(Tax law, business tax, construction business tax)
Apply to (Hispanic males in State of X).

Unfortunately I don't really like text based games. If I do this, I wanna go full blast. Maybe starting with 2D hexagonal map, but working towards spherical map.

Also, I heard CK2 is good, but the purchasing or DLC system is retarded. Anyone have any input on this?

Paradox games tend to be good. Hearts of Iron and Stellaris are the worst of them but still quite good. I recommend EU followed by Crusader Cucks followed by Victoria

Not whatsoever just look up gameplay of those games and tell me they are the same

different time periods, different mechanics, different dlc policies.

CK2 is largely a medieval incest and eugenics simulator. Your character is a dynasty rather than a country. Eu3 is archaic, EU4 is newer but has questionable core mechanics and a really shitty DLC policy. Vicky is arguably the best of the bunch for global conquest, but less freeform than EU. HoI is fairly railroaded because it's focused entirely around the time period of WW2.

The geopolitical simulator serie have a lot of potential but it's bugged as fuck.

thanks bruvs

shame you dont like text based games. it could give you a good base. best of luck tho

Path of Exile

Played the 1st one, I used to go the Jim Jones type dictator (he wears evil pilot sunglasses and gets a bonus for any religious laws passed, win all round), it is a decent little franchise and it's good to see it still kicking

Play Victoria 2

Once I've figured out the theory behind it, I might look at turning it text based.

The biggest issue is that you would have hundreds of ai bots on screen with different needs and functions, and that's really hard to display in text. Really needs a GUI.

Thanks for the support though.

Dwarf Fortress