Why is Right-Wing media so dark compared to Left-Wing analogues?

> Star Trek and most Sci-Fi vs. Starship Troopers and most Heinlein
> Harry Potter vs. Lord of the Rings
> Star Wars vs. Warhammer 40K
Not to mention things like Dredd and Robocop, why is this the case?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=miQ1IudBL48
youtube.com/watch?v=2oQvjDU9PGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Right wing media has a tendency to be more realist rather than idealistic.
inb4 10 feet giants with giant shoulder pads.

It only seems dark because those settings focus on primarily getting the job done, and feeling second. The left wing analogue you'll notice they'll care a bit more about putting on a good image, or not killing some one.

>I'm not bitter I'm simply realistic

Because reality is "dark" and "right-wingers" tend to be more practical?

Great art reflects the world around you.

Because "right wingers" tend to be cynical (change is never good)

And "left wingers" tend to be idealistic (change is the only good)

leftists are sheltered and delusional, think there's infinite resources out there, think we are all equal, we should all have everything, infinite second chances, etc

right wingers know the truth, that competition and struggle are real, that the stakes are high, etc
most leftists stop being leftists when they start paying taxes, or start a family, and realize it took them 10 years to build these things and they can be wiped out completely in less than a day

>tl;dr
leftism is just a phase for sheltered college kids, and old leftists are just abusing their infantile thinking for personal gain

>star wars
>murders children
>kills father
>destorys entire planet
>destorys entire system
>main protagonist over the whole series is the main villain
>not dark

How is Warhammer 40k "right wing"?

Probably because one of the first left-right divides was that the left believes humans are good and institutions make them bad (see Rousseau) whereas the right believes either the opposite or humans are neutral.

People don't get that it's a satire and buy into the Imperial line at face value like fucking retards.

Just like Sup Forums tbqh

Yeah that is what I figured, thread of 16 year olds jerking eachother off /exits

Conservatives are more realists. The world is indeed a dark place.

left wing is all hippie/love/dont step in my safe space type shit.

realism vs delusion.

wicked warhammers mate

Which of these is right wing or left wing? Besides the first comparison, none of them appear to be particularly political, and the first is mainly because Star Trek is staunchly left wing while troopers isn't particularly one way or another.

This isnt leddit sage dont do shit and you bumped the thread.
> Star Trek and most Sci-Fi vs. Starship Troopers and most Heinlein
> Harry Potter vs. Lord of the Rings
> Star Wars vs. Warhammer 40K
>Not to mention things like Dredd and Robocop
Right wingers are more likely to end up as actually believe might makes right while a liberal believes we can "coexist"

youtube.com/watch?v=miQ1IudBL48

When you have a dark vision of the world, it is cathartic to see that other people recognize this as well.

>crissy moran
many faps were had

More realistic view of the world

Posts ending in 7 get decimated

Or at least more fear mongering.

>I'm not naive I'm simply optimistic

Because conservatives think they're edgelords by choosing all the violent/dark shit. They still haven't grown up mentally.

40k is over the top grimdark memery. It's not deep enough to be satire.

Starship Troopers is though. It's an anti war/military industrial complex satire and anyone taking it at face value is a moron.

Star Trek is not a warm place, it's a veneer and they make that clear many times.

Its also centre right.

Cause leftests want everyone to feel happy and don't worry about things cause it will all come out perfect in the end.

People on the right are more realistic.

But you never have time to think about what happened except when it comes to Anikan.

Reduced by a tenth? For what purpose?

Go drink some timbs and eat a hockey puck.
I really dont think canada can cry about big meanie right wing death squads when we never have been invaded by a country.
>See europe history.

>LoTR
>dark
It's the most hopeful story I know of.
There was a slim chance for the heroes to win, for Aragon to be seated as king, for them to defeat Sauron, and yet they manage to pull it off.

Because of your failures and war is hell

Star Wars got dark for a few times. Memba when that whole room of aliens were beheaded in a kids show?

Because franchises like Star Trek don't bother to explain how society actually runs or functions for civilians. They say there is no currency and that Earth is like a utopia, but they don't explain what people do with their lives.

They say people can follow their own passions, but who chooses to be a batista or a waiter?

Only the Movie you stupid fucking moron. A movie directed by the Robocop director.
You realize it was a based of a book, right? You realize how influential that book was to military thinking, right?

LOTR is basically Western civilization in written form. the brave hero fighting against the odds

I wouldn't mind being a batista in space, seemed to work out for the gotg

LOTR is still pretty fucking dark. Like Smeagol and Frodo's mental health just getting decimated. The children fighting at Helm's Deep and Denethor sending Faramir to die.

Best traitor primarch

Book is not ironic. Heinlein explores different human organizations in many of his books and is pretty honest about the mixed bag you get in all cases.

IM DOING MY PART, ARE YOU?

>live in an extremely young, new world empire that never got invaded due to isolation, peaceful neighbors and remaining loyal to the crown
>This somehow invalidates any realistic observation one could make about the world being an unhappy, shitty place for the most part

Really activated my almonds.

The director was too much of a lefty to portray Henlien's redpills and decided to make a silly spoof.

Yeah, but that's what makes it good. It acknowledges that giving into power and temptation turns you into a crazy miserable creature that talks to himself and lives in the dark. It's Tolkien trying to steer children away from that path of temptation, like drug use or alcoholism.
The entire story is a coming of age tale (halflings are supposed to represent children) that the adults (men and elves) cannot accept the task for you, it has to be you that takes what temps you and corrupts you and it must be you (frodo+sam) that cast that into the fires on your own.
It's such a good story. The more I go back and read it the more things start to stand out to me, it's like I can take a different meaning from his works each time I read it.

>40k
>super demon gods threatening to swallow entire galaxy
>super reproducing war loving orcs threaten to kill everything
>extragalactic nomming swarm threatens to swarm the entire galaxy with a gazillion nonillion ships and they fuck with your communications too
>death skeleton warriors from the far past want to assert dominance because they waited for it
>humanity has been in a constant downward spiral for 10 millenia because of this but holds together under authoritarianism

How the fuck is 40k left-wing or right-wing?

Because it's cool as fuck maybe?

because the world isn't a liberal delusional la-la land and "right winger media" knows it. Putting up pink-lens glasses won't make it better, so better show it as it is, through violent allegories and the most effective warning imagery about how things could be shit if you play stupid games and make shit choices.

Great Crusade when?

Is this bait?
>Emperor wages holy war to purify universe
??
Because right-wing are realist.

>You realize how influential that book was to military thinking, right?

Nice meme. I'm sure a half baked sci-fi novel changed so much.

The book =\= movie. This goes without saying.

You didn't even know there was a book before we replied to your post, did you?

Also lefties would get easy peasy coaxed into chaos because they're degenerates just like chaos.

Because weknow that "vita est militia", that we ought to fight the good fight and die for the cause: that no sacrifice is too great and no compromise can be accepted.
We can have our moments of joy, fun and even delight, but we live in a vale of tears and we born and die in battle or we whittle away.

In the themes and brutality of their worlds, for sure.

>feminine vs. masculine

And that are we, radical centrists?

The left are idealistic to the point of straight naivety.

Their view points are lovely and nice but unfortunately don't hold up in reality, hence why it is so difficult to make them change their views as in their unrealistic framework they hold the unassailable moral high ground.

Until they realise the world isn't such a simple and fair place they won't begin to understand tough decisions have to be made and most policies are tradeoffs or at least compromises. (For evidence see communism, a lovely idea from their viewpoint where everyone will be rich and prosperous, when in reality power is abused and most people fall into abject poverty as human nature takes hold)

>Emperor wages holy war to purify universe
That was back during 30k, and it kinda went to shit and failed before it was successfully finished (thanks Horus). By the time of 40k the Imperium is degenerated to a far weaker state than they were 10k years before. The imperium is not shown in a good light
>It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries The Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die
>Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens heretics mutants and worse.
>To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods

lol 40k is fashy as fuck

dark does not mean without hope...look at the Gospel: before rising from the grave on the third day, Jesus Christ had to go through terrible torments and bear them all pantiently; “Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.”to quote G.K. Chesterton, and we know those metaphors to hold a great deal of truth.

It's "dark" because you were programmed to see it that way. Right wing politics is the only way to keep civilization on track, believe it or not, while left wing is the deconstruction. Trying "new" (degenerate) things has never ended well for a civilization

Reality is a mean bitch.

I love the Tau: perfect mockery of left-wing weaboos (who don't realize the Eldars are the real Japanese people of WH40K).

left wing media usualy is idealism like multicultral society's and replicators destroying poverty.

while right wing media is usualy more grounded in reality and not so idealistic.

>leaf telling others that they aren't grown up mentally

oh Im laffin

Most 'right' wing literature is written either by conservatives, neocons, or liberals. Reactionary literature is hopeful and passionate, look at The Lord of the Rings.

How do we define right and left media? Why is Harry Potter left wing and warhammer isn't?

The human empire is a fascist one. I don't even know that much about it and it's just obvious. That's like say Zeon from Gundam isn't natsoc despite the obvious undertones

>live in an extremely young, new world empire that never got invaded due to isolation, peaceful neighbors and remaining loyal to the crown
That was my point.
European countrys are pack together along with usa and Canadian wilderness you never have been invaded.
Merica likes guns because we are sick of fighting tyranny.
But keep sucking the crown cock.
Fuck man you cant see why most people turn militaristic when country's get invaded due to weak military?
Hows all those refugees doing in Canada still molesting little boys and girls in swimming pools?
I heard they shout in Arabic and attack women and men alike.

Mosley was a futurist.

>look at The Lord of the Rings.
youtube.com/watch?v=2oQvjDU9PGw
Beautiful.

Heinlein stories aren't dark and I'm not sure why you'd call them "right-wing". They're just weird with very strange ideas about, well, everything.

Should I get Starship Troopers off Audible after I finish my current book?

Look at this leaf subhuman, what a worthless piece of bio waste.
>knows only the movie
>never read the book
>doesn't know about leftists bitching about the book being fascist

Because Leftists are weak and go along with anything that continues to propagate and justify weakness, cuckery and degeneracy.

The book was on the USMC Commandant's Reading List when I was active duty... As was the Art of War

Well done showing off your ignorance

>lotr
>dark
are you actually retarded?

Boromir is one of the best flawed character in the book...even if in the movie they made him a bit more grumpy and upset than in the source material, I liked how Sean Bean played him.

How is LotR right wing? It's not a political story at all. Tolkien said many times it's not meant to be an allegory.

>Is this bait?
>>Emperor wages holy war to purify universe
That's hollywood rightwing. You're letting yourself be defined by your enemy. Also, "rightwing" is a term that doesn't really mean anything in the context of media because rightwing ideologies differ so much.

WW1 was pretty dark user

It's literally catholic dark ages in space

this.

>Why is Harry Potter left wing
JK Rowling is lefty as hell, and if you take tweets as acceptable revisions to canon, she has made Hermione black and Dumbledore gay for Harry (and possibly a pedophile). While it is her right as the creator, the decisions were made for the shallowest of reasons: Appeasing the liberal hordes with virtue signaling.
This decision also came out after 8 movies where Hermione was depicted as white so it seems a bit late to make these sorts of changes.

It is also the only book liberals/millenials seem capable of referencing or making allusions to, which they can't even get right half the time.

Warhammer for the most part sticks to its guns about what it's about and doesn't go out of its way to please liberals, which is actually kind of surprising.
Most of the controversy surrounding 40k is when a new codex comes out and fucks over your army.

What a (((coincidence)))!

Try reading/watching Beowulf if you have not.
Another flawed character that is just an ordinary man with a choice.

Catholic dark ages are a leftist myth.

>Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in they name have cast out devils? and in they name done many wonderful works?
>And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This

>Being this retarded
right has more fear mongering? compared to what exactly? Certainly not compared to the left. All the left media shows is rape shootings and disasters. For your sake I hope you have a developmental disorder, that is the only excuse for that abhorrent post

Yeah I realize it's a parody, but I love 40k.
Especially when you find out Slaanesh was created by the cosmically absurd amount of degenerate acts the Eldar were committing.

>most leftists stop being leftists when they start paying taxes, or start a family, and realize it took them 10 years to build these things and they can be wiped out completely in less than a day
Epic meme.

Please look up the definition of decimated and have a quick pensive moment

"Yes goy, why are you afraid of jumping off cliffs? Don't let other fear monger"

Forgot
>Group of hyper degenerate leftists fuck so much they create a whole new chaotic God of destruction
>The main force holding humanity and the galaxy together is slowly dying
>Thousands of people are sacrificed everyday in order to keep humanity safe from said demonic gods

I have to read that one too...flawed characters are the most intriguing ones, even when they are not the central characters (see Kichijiro in Endo's novel Silence).

Indeed, we must use our talents for good and not wickedness...hence why we must train our will, our cunning and our conscience.