The Soviet Union is gone, and it's never coming back. NATO has outlived its purpose and should be abolished

The Soviet Union is gone, and it's never coming back. NATO has outlived its purpose and should be abolished.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I-8dA55sLEI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_military_intervention_in_Ukraine_(2014–present)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's been more to keep Europeans from fighting each other than anything.

Except it hasn't even done that. Greece and Turkey are both NATO members, and they've fought over Cypress.

The USSR is coming back, and it will be the EUSSR

More like the Islamic Union.

If you guys dissolve NATO then that will just mean an EU military is created instead

You Americans might not be scared of Russia anymore, but let me tell you, Europeans definitely are, because Russia could decide to just steamroll into their countries

Turks aren't European, Merkel.

>Europeans definitely are, because Russia could decide to just steamroll into their countries
Except that's nothing more than paranoid bullshit. America, not Russia, is the true enemy of national sovereignty.
The point still stands. NATO cannot even maintain peace between member states.

Is this what dumb Amerifucks actually believe?

We have the EU for that you fucking idiot. Even the countries that aren't full members of the EU (Norway, Switzerland, and soon to be Britain) are allied with the EU and we'd never start a fucking intra-continent war you idiot.

NATO's role is still to prevent Russian aggression - but if you yanks do pull out (doesn't look like Trump will now, but who knows, maybe he will) then the EU will create an army. So whatever, who cares. We've got enough firepower over here to fend off Russia.

Remember that we have benefitted you though - we assisted you in the Iraq War. We didn't have to do that. So I would say you have interests in being a part of NATO - but it's up to you of course.

>Except that's nothing more than paranoid bullshit.
Oh I forgot that Russia never steamrolled with their military into Crimea, or into East Ukraine................... OH WAIT

Fucking idiot

Murrifucks don't know a single thing about affairs outside of their cholesterol-ridden hellhole do they?

Turkey is the 2nd largest Nato member.

Russia is a 140 million predominantly female country. Keep your cuck fantasies at bay.

No, Nato's role is exercising Israeli aggression in the Middle East.

Russia has the 2nd most powerful military on the planet.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about so best just to shut up.

No it isn't. Keep your cuck fantasies at bay.

>member states

This is called moving the goal posts. I said 'Europeans' not 'members of NATO'

>Turkey is the 2nd largest Nato member.

Has literally nothing to do with my statement.

>steamrolled with their military into Crimea
Except that never happened. Crimea was always part of Russia until it was transferred to Ukraine by a Ukrainian communist dictator in 1954. After a mob putsch in Ukraine, the new Ukrainian government banned the Russian language, forced people with Russian names to change them to Ukrainian ones, and even forbade Russian language movies from theaters. How would you, as a Briton, feel if a Welsh mob stormed Buckingham Palace, exiled your queen and parliament to America, and forced you to use the Welsh language instead of English, even changing your name for you? You'd be quite annoyed, and Crimeans were too, which is why they voted to join Russian.
>East Ukraine
Don't they have a right to independence too?
>This is called moving the goal posts. I said 'Europeans' not 'members of NATO'
Well, this thread is why NATO should be abolished.

I'm not going to read your Russian apologist bullshit you fucking cuck. Enjoy having Putin's cock shoved firmly up your arse.

An illegal invasion is an illegal invasion - same as in East Ukraine.

There's no point discussing this since you deny plain facts and you've chosen to take the Russian propaganda view.

So Russia can meddle in the affairs of a sovereign country? You americans are so dumb

>We've got enough firepower over here to fend off Russia.
Glad we can agree. /thread

>NATO's role is still to prevent Russian aggression
>Russian aggression
Has not happened since the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Who invaded Somalia, Iraq (twice), Lybia, Egypt, and Afghanistan since then? Who bombed the legitimate government of Syria? Who makes massive arms deals with the world's leader of Islamic terrorism (Saudi Arabia)? Was it Russia, or was it the eternal burger?
>An illegal invasion is an illegal invasion
No invasion of Crimea happened. The Russian military had already been there for centuries.
>same as in East Ukraine
Who bombed the Serbs to force them into granting independence to Kosovo? If Kosovo has a right to independence, doesn't Donbas?
What country would might that be?

Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia.

>Georgia
Russia only invaded Georgia to protect the sovereignty of two other countries: Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
>Moldova
Transnistrian war started during dissolution of USSR. Transnistria has been independent since then.
>Ukraine
Russia has not annexed any part of Ukraine except Crimea, which voted to join Russia. If Russia really was this imperialist boogeyman you make the out to be, they would have marched all the way to Kiev by now.

Yes it is, kike. Every single Nato war was an aggression. Not a single one was fought in self-defense.

Any one of those scenarios can happen to other countries, that's why they want NATO.

Are you actually this retarded? Abkhazia and S Ossetia are fairy tales designed to serve Russia as military bases. TR is in the same boat aswell.
>Voted to join Russia
You gotta be joking

Would Russia steamrolling Europe even be a bad thing compared to what they have now? I'm not convinced.

Yeah I mean I can see the American argument, you're thinking "why should we pay so that East Europe doesn't get invaded by Russia - it doesn't affect us"

So that's up to you. But you've had NATO support for your wars in the Middle East, so you should consider that.

But like I say, we've got enough firepower over here to defend ourselves if needs be.

youtube.com/watch?v=I-8dA55sLEI

>Abkhazia and S Ossetia are fairy tales
No, they have been separate people from Georgians for centuries. How would you feel if Turks said that Bulgaria is a "fairy tale" and decided to take it back? That's what Georgia tried in Abkhazia.
>TR
Transnistria is full of Ukrainians and has been for a long time.
>Voted to join Russia
No, I'm not. They held a referendum.

Nigga why do you think 9/11 happened.New boogie man terrorism.

South Ossetia and Abkhazia are both puppet states. South Ossetia is a bigger meme country than San Marino or Andorra. They could not survive on their own. They are more reliant on foreign (Russian) aid and military help than the poorest African countries.

>why should we pay so that East Europe doesn't get invaded by Russia
Russia doesn't even want to invade eastern Europe. That's just paranoia. You might as well have an alliance to protect against Austria because of the Austro Hungarian Empire.

>it's yet another OP thinking there is any major difference between ussr and russia

Shlomo's just mad that the illusion is crumbling

Then russia should leave Ukraine, theyve been different people for centuries. How would you feel if a Brit told you America is a fairy tale? Same goes for Tuvans, Tatars and Dagestanis.
>they held a referendum
Dude. Russia cant even hold legitimate elections. How stupid are you?

>Russian aggression
>Has not happened since the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
Apart from the Crimea and East Ukraine invasions.
>Who invaded Somalia, Iraq (twice), Lybia, Egypt, and Afghanistan since then? Who bombed the legitimate government of Syria? Who makes massive arms deals with the world's leader of Islamic terrorism (Saudi Arabia)? Was it Russia, or was it the eternal burger?
When exactly did I say that you fat fucks hadn't started any wars?
>No invasion of Crimea happened.
Why am I talking to you when you are denying plain fucking facts?
Has the cholesterol from all the burgers clogged up your little brain?
>Russian soldiers without insignias took control of strategic positions and infrastructure within the Ukrainian territory of Crimea.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_military_intervention_in_Ukraine_(2014–present)

Leave NATO then if you want, the EU will set up a military in response and defend itself.

Of course Britain won't be part of the EU - and we have the least to fear from a Russian ground invasion, because... well it can't happen. Since we're an island and everything. We have a good navy and air force to defend our island though.

But I'm sure we would be allied with the EU military on many things.

>Nigga why do you think 9/11 happened
Because America supported a bunch of towelheads from Saudi Arabia.
Of course they depend of Russian military aid. Because they were attacked by Georgia.
There is. The USSR is dead. Moscow gave up thousands of square km without a shot 1991, and now you want to accuse them of imperialism?

Russia literally has troops in East Ukraine right now you fucking idiot.

The second NATO is no more, Estonia, Latvia, and Limpuathia vanish from maps.

Dude has spent too much time reading RT

The war was 10 years ago you mong.

I actually have to agree with this. I don't think long term alliances are a good idea in general though. They encourage a "friends by default" attitude, which always leads to one side taking advantage. If you really look at the current state of affairs, Eastern European nations are far more reliable allies to the US, than Western European nations.

because they could be the next warzone if they dont bow to the US

>Moscow gave up thousands of square km without a shot 1991
they did it because they had to
late ussr was broke and on the verge of civil war
now you have putin trying to be a global player by diminishing american influence in the world

+5/10 years and her head will be larger than her torso. caught that pic in prime time

fucking finns

Exactly.

Indeed. It's sad.

Question, do you guys fear a Russian invasion? Or do you think that's a load of rubbish?

Don't worry britbro. This man is a traitor.

Eesti/Soome grills are Besti.

Idk, there would have to be a nationwide poll to determine that. Some people were definitely concerned when Russia invaded Ukraine, but then there were people who laughed at them and called them paranoid. Now it's not a common thing to discuss anymore.
I personally definitely think that it's impossible, knowing we're in NATO, but I do think Russian sponsored separatism is a possible threat.

>Then russia should leave Ukraine
You can't leave a place where you are already absent. Russia did not march to Kiev.
>Dude. Russia cant even hold legitimate elections
But Crimea did, and they voted to leave the country that tried to tell them what language they could watch movies in.
>Russian soldiers without insignias took control of strategic positions and infrastructure within the Ukrainian territory of Crimea
Can you blame them? Crimea, home of one of Russia's most important naval bases, was literally in a state of anarchy after a mob putsch in Kiev. Believe it or not, I actually once lived with someone who fought in that revolution.
>But I'm sure we would be allied with the EU military on many things.
The EU refers to you contemptuously as "die affen von der insel," (the apes from the island).
East Ukraine is an independent country now. Just as America was an independent country after 1776.
>american influence
That's a polite way of saying American imperialism and American support for Islamic terrorism.
>if you don't hate Russia for no reason, you're a traitor

>That's a polite way of saying American imperialism and American support for Islamic terrorism
so your gov doing bad things is now a reason to support an enemy power?