Google to release 20m infected mosquitoes

> Google’s life sciences unit is releasing 20 million bacteria-infected mosquitoes in Fresno

> “We want to show this can work in different kinds of environments,” he told the magazine.
> Verily plans to release about 1 million mosquitoes a week over a 20-week period in two 300-acre neighborhoods in the Fresno area
techcrunch.com/2017/07/14/googles-life-sciences-unit-is-releasing-20-million-bacteria-infected-mosquitoes-in-fresno/

Anti-vax fags BTFO XD

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Orange
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entomological_warfare
nature.com/news/2010/100721/full/466432a.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When are we going to nuke Google HQ? Am I the only one seeing anything wrong with this?

Welp time to stock up on mosquito repellant. I'm gonna buy it in bulk and be a rich man.

>suddenly a plague erupts in California, the death toll has now reach 10 million with no signs of slowing down.

Biological warfare, essentially.

Can someone explain?

Whats wrong with this, it basically kills the next offspring by not allowing it to reproduce? Unless you think this is some kind of experiment in disguise?

How could this possibly back-fire?

youre leaving out the part where its supposed to get rid of the mosquitos

>time to stock up on mosquito repellant
They probably modified the repellent into an attractant already user

Anyone else tired of those articles with "... And that's okay!" or "And that's a good thing!"

They say it in this one too in first paragraph. I've mostly seen it in things like "Yes multiculturalism means less white people - And that's okay!" kinda bullshit.

Fucking obvious propaganda, telling their readers what to think all the time because leftists cannot think for themselves.

This is the anti-mosquito bacteria... They were debating if it was ethical to wipe out mosquitos this way.

They tested it on a few islands, but releasing them into the wild on the mainland seems rather... bold.

>tfw live in Fresno
Just fuck my shit up desu

... one of those articles you actually have to read or the headline makes you think it's fucking awful.

They're releasing male mosquitos only (and males don't bite) and the male mosquitos are infected with a bacteria that is harmless to humans but renders female mosquitos sterile, and it'll be transmitted from male to female when they mate.

Daily reminder that this is exactly what happens when a corporation gets too big.

>Google releases biological weapon and kills all Californians
>That's a problem.
KYS Commiefornian

>upsetting complex ecosystems by extermination...and that's a good thing!

>CIA stole tech and math kids from Soviet Union
>Google is created
>now CIA uses Google and literally makes experiments b replacing Gods creation by with artificial one.
>Future warfare and slaver will be created by Nano-Robots DNA reprogrammed Mosquitoes which kill whole countries by a button push of some jew incested retard in Langley.

top kek.

>chemically castrating mosquitos
Lmao what the fuck google

Sup Forums is 95% retards that only post based on the headlines. you could literally make shit up with a fake link and retards will eat it up because they don't even click it.

Coan someone explain to me why its ok to exterminate one of the most vital members of the ecosystem?

Can someone tell me how this isnt fucking insane?

I"m okay with wiping out flying pestilance bringers

I was just thinking about this the other day and bam there it is

Can we genetically modify mosquitoes to deliver vaccines?

I LOVE YOU EBOLA-CHAN!

>They were debating if it was ethical to wipe out mosquitos this way.

>inb4 massive bird starvation because no fucking mosquitoes.
>inb4 birds switch to crops and vegetables
>inb4 we need to replace birds because they eat our food by robots

It'll wipe out tonnes of other shit too retard.

Might as well wipe out plankton while we're in tge business of destroying ecosystems.

You do realize that this is literally a biological WMD right?

We are doomed.

oh I know, all the times a thread is started with a fake url indicating that someone died from a weed overdose and they post the thread stoners btfo, and then you read the article and it's fentanyl, every single time.

It will actually kill the mosquitoes.

But in the mean time, they will bite the shit out of Fresno residents.

>This is the anti-mosquito bacteria
That's not how bacteria, or mosquitos work
This is what happens when a tech geek fucks around with biology.

I don't like reading. It's boring. I'd rather just overreact with everyone else.

male mosquitos don't bite.

Based Google

liberal meme to justify the (((endangered species act)))

MGTOW

Mosquitoes Going Their Own Way

This decade is marked by a lot of cringy trends, as if were going through a new 70's.
I always figured that the 00's only seemed "normal" at the time, but we'd look back and see a defining cultural aesthetic like other eras, but it turned out to not really be the case. The 00's were actually relatively free of weird/odd aesthetic features.

>Google to release 20m infected mosquitoes
why don't some noble Sup Forumstards cultivate and release a bunch of aids/ebola mosquitoes in niggerland?

oh great i live here

i knew this city was a testbed for globalism

They've tried wiping out the mosquito populations in several areas, and it turns out other bugs thrive enough to take their places.

Mosquitos are superfluous with bugs that don't piss us off.

>Can we genetically modify mosquitoes to deliver vaccines?
You would need to make a bacteria that makes the vaccine, seems a lot more complicated. Plus you probably need to be bit a shitload of time to get a decent dose.

THIS. They think they know what they are doing, but they don't even sequenced the bacteria to see how this could affect humans, and also this technology is OBVIOUSLY going to be used for MUCH more stuff.

Their audience is dumb as dirt and needs to be told how to react to things. This is why they do that.

>last time USA played got to save the humanity..

Inb4 tremendous sickness spread by pet project that media roundly works to cover up and perpetrators never stand trial for.

How is this legal? What merger of state and corporate power made this happen?

well I mean, the blood sucking thing isn't done to feed them it's to nourish their eggs. Male mosquitos feed on flower nectar.

>Umbrella Corporation is real, just goes by the name Google
Which Resident Evil timeline are we in? It better not be the live action movie timeline. That one sucks.

Google is totally and completely evil

Mosquitos have already been researched and confirmed to be 5-10% of any other creature's diet at all. Mosquitos are not a large part of any creatures diet due to their small mass. The same mosquito exterminating project has been practiced in many other places before. Google just seems slow to do it, since Oxitec was the first.

>Capitalism wins this world

>So what’s the plan to get rid of them? Verily’s male mosquitoes were infected with the Wolbachia bacteria, which is harmless to humans, but when they mate with and infect their female counterparts, it makes their eggs unable to produce offspring.

This is part of the story for Metal Gear Solid V.

How the fuck is this legal?

>Mosquitos have already

ayyy lmaoo.. looks like someone already accepted the rule..

Aids/ebola can't be carried by mosquitos

What? Vermin extermination?

Google is CIA outlet. itsliterally can do everything what it wants and none can do anything against it.

enjoy your capitalism my nigglet

Can love bloom on the mosquito fields?

Yes, yes it can.

Male mosquitos don't bite.

They're releasing 20m male mosquitos that will mate with female mosquitos and infect their eggs with a virus which kills them.

nothing eats mosquitoes as a major source of food.

Holy fuck Sup Forums I just had a flash back about the X-Files movie, even the lab looks similar...

Didn't the writers also predict 9-11 on one episode?

What is the Zika Outbreak?

Uh google why dont you stick to fucking the internet up you pieces of shit. meatspace is already fucked enough.

basically here is same concept, but the context is instead memes

>all these anti-science fags bitching about Google curing the Zika virus
I bet you fucking hippies hate GMOs too. Faggots.

Sounds like we need a better ebola.

I try to avoid reading it because it reminds me of the conversations I hear people having these days.

Also, when talking to most 20 and up year olds they respond to questions kind of like this. Its as if they run the normal responce through their minds, then consider how to deliver it with the same google/facebook/twitter "this is my responce... and its good and you should like it!".

Its just how fuckwits communicate these days.

>Welp time to stock up on mosquito repellant. I'm gonna buy it in bulk and be a rich man.

The point is that the male mosquitoes don't bite, so their increase doesn't get people bitten, but the male mosquitoes are infertile and will fertilize the females with junk sperm.

It is a race war between man and mosquito, and we're winning.

BWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

whole fucking siberia and north america literally lives from them.

:^)

>he doesn't remember emo/scene kids

>What is the Zika Outbreak?

It's a really bad disease carried by mosquitoes. If it infects a pregnant woman it transforms the baby into an alien freak.

The idea behind it is good, but you have to keep in mind people are messing with biological mechanisms they may not fully understand. If it goes wrong, the mosquitoes could develop genetic mutations that make them more dangerous - not to mention potential harm to the food chain since they'll likely attempt to wipe out the whole species in the long run, if it doesn't just happen accidentally anyway.

>mosquitoes fly toward the next states over
>infect states besides commiefornia
this is fucking illegal and biological warfare google and employees should be held for terrorism and be exiled

>fresno
Thats where I live

This isn't going to bother me since I already stay inside all day

How are they making money off of this

>we're winning.

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs

And why do mosquitoes in Fresno need to be wiped out? Is there some big malaria crisis in the US that I was unaware of?

do you want a zombie virus? cause this is how you get it, (((google))) playing god with bioweapons kek

You know people who eat mosquitos?
>biological warfare
Against mosquitos. Why should they not be sterilized?

>whole fucking siberia and north america literally lives from them.

No. They are exo-parasites.

Good question:
>Entomological warfare (EW) is a type of biological warfare that uses insects to attack the enemy.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entomological_warfare

>Shill Shill Shill!
Here is a source, retard
nature.com/news/2010/100721/full/466432a.html

>And why do mosquitoes in Fresno need to be wiped out? Is there some big malaria crisis in the US that I was unaware of?

There was a Zika case there.

It's going to kill Californians, I see nothing wrong here.

Sounds like white people

>life sciences unit

fuck google

First thought when I read that

Next it's gonna be nanomachines. If any company could do it it'd be Google

There was one unconfirmed (aka fake) Zika case.

Freakouts over zika, but they also spread shit like yellow fever

mosquitoes can be used as virus carriers and be released to infect thousands upon millions, your not getting this this is supposed to be some kind of vaccine shit if i presume, they release the mosquitoes with said weakened disease to bite us right so what happens if this is a ploy to make a new super virus kill us all.

Are they trying to shoah mosquitos? If they can do it I'll shill for them for free forever

Infamy.org

Google is the CIA Clinton crime syndacate

Good goy!

why the fuck does Google have a life sciences unit

Google is not being innovative.
Oxitec, a British Bio company has been doing this process for years, and has tested it on mosquitoes in Brazil.

For the greater good

> Sup Forums is 95% retards that only post based on the headlines.
At least people bother clicking here, unlike, say, reddit
Also nice webm

Sure, but even if their intent is benign, this is foolish, to put it politely. The American South, Florida in particular, can basically be summarized with the caveat "don't fuck around with the native flora and fauna and don't get cute introducing new shit to the environment." That place has seen the hell of invasive non-native species as much as it has crop collapse from experimental biotics. The risks of unforeseen and unexpected consequences are valid, paranoia or no.

And I shouldn't have to mention that the "Save the Environment and the Animal Rights crowds don't have a leg to stand on morally, when it comes to shit like this.

Fuck Google, and fuck Menlo Park. I hope Kim Jong Un gets off a lucky one at that fucking hellhive.