I have been reading a lot about CRISPR and it's religious, societal and political implications...

I have been reading a lot about CRISPR and it's religious, societal and political implications, and it got me to thinking,

Is life even worth living if you lost the genetic lottery?

My hand is halfway decent, but i am aware many have been dealt such shitty hands that it is nearly impossible to live.

Some things you can't change. Some things you are just born with.

How is that fair?
Is it just a roll of the dice or did these people do something to deserve to get genetically screwed?

I think fact that so many people want to control genetic outcome is evidence that it is extremely important in regards to success in later life. Most of us want to think its our decisions and actions in life that lead to success, which is probably somewhat true but how much of it is due to genetic dumb luck?

If it's mostly dumb luck then we don't really have any control over our lives or destiny at all, which makes CRISPR seem like the tech that can finally fix this unfairness. Unfortunately at the same time i can see it creating a new disparity among those that will not have access to the tech.

>he doesn't have blue eyes, his family must be poor.

Transhumanism is the final red pill.

so, CRISPR, you forgot to redpill us before going on a rampage about it

10/10 would fall in love

America isn't a democracy

How hard is it for people to understand that life is not fair and it never will be?

I know for a fact the Jew will screw up white babies, while they get perfect super babies,

>comparing economic systems to political systems and whatever the fuck transhumanism would be classified as

Life is not fair, and that is a good thing.

The meaning of life is not about what you make of this world, but of the next.

(Repent, ere judgement cometh.)

Artificial intelligence will correct the world's injustices.

Once everyone becomes great, then there is no one left to be great.

nothing from google image search. sauce?

The whole humanity becomes great m8

There's always someone out there that's better than you. The will is something that can transcend genetics, though.

If I was retarded, born without left leg and right hand, missing an eye and had some crazy wierd illness, Id still fight until last breath I take to get my genes to live on. Because if I do, the evolution just might be on my genes side next time.

Never quit.

henlo, did someone said CRISPR? :DD

That girl looks like my husky when I pull his ears back

>The will is something that can transcend genetics

Why should we even have to resort to that though?

Shouldn't genetics 'just work' right out of the box?

Why is it so busted?

>implying that non-Jews couldn't form their own genetic engineering companies

Very few people severely lose the lottery. Most have abstract positives and negatives. If crispy becomes commonplace. Prepare to have a literal ruling aristocracy.

We have always had a ruling aristocracy, leaf.

Her name's Elsa Hosk. One of the Victoria's Thots models

Search: brainless kids

Thats what she looks like

Having perfect genetics does not decide your fate, unless you want to be a model or something. CRISPR-Cas9 and genetic engeneering cannot control inteligence yet. It is too scary to screw with the brain, so what is being tested is the cure to life threathning genetic diseases, and not yet transhumanism. If we are able to cross the diseases line and start to think about a more transhumanistic cause, here we have a problem, because we need to know what are we doing. If it is something to make us beautiful, or something that makes us useful. IMO, as a molecular biologist and transhumanism enthusiast, I believe that we should not use this in a stupid way, like to have blond hair or blue eyes. It is just stupid, but we should test how can we manipulate our genome to make us eat less, or live longer, or reproduce less, or even have a perfect immune system, because these things should be granted. Not looks or tallness. And we are looking at genetic engeneering starting in the next minimum 25 years. So we may not even be alive.

Wow girl is fuckin smokin.

What is "working" though? If we say that genetic mutation is bad then adaptation must be bad too since it is based on genetic mutation. If we say that only some mutations are bad then we start picking and choosing genes but we also screw ourselves over. Great thinkers are rarely normies, for example some historians believe thomas jefferson had aspergers. But if we used crispr on people like him, we wouldn't have had the declaration of independence and possibly the US at all. Einstein(yes a jew, so what) consumed himself with the paradoxes of light. Normies never use so much mental energy on "silly things", they just go about their lives like normies do. Humanity progresses because of persistent individuals with high IQs, without mutation we'd become a stagnant creature, unable to cope with new challenges.

Studies in scandinavian countries showed that equal access to education leads to children inheriting their parent's grades in school. We already have a hierarchy, it's just more fluid than people realize. If it became completely stagnant than we'd probably lose to an outside culture that could adapt.

Jealous of losing the genetic lottery, are you? Elsa is perfect, you assholes.

I agree, I doubt we will be able to modify humans easily for another 50 years.

life isn't fair. Shit just happens for no reason. Get over it.

I dunno. Have you met many authors, or programmers for that matter. These are often people that are so fucked up, so mentally divergent, that really doing something deep think by themselves all day is literally the only way they can half assed function in this world. By which i mean to say there is value in the fucked up and divergent that we wouldnt have otherwise. CRISPR might just mean we will purposefully breed them, though. Like designer dogs or champion roosters.

Advances in cosmetic surgery, to the point that anyone can look what they want exactly, will happen before CRISPR is able to modify genes correlated with beauty.

We know how effective cosmetic surgery is, and in the future, it will be more affordable, safe, with numerous more customized modifications that can be changed to contemporary trends.

If people just want to look more attractive, cosmetic surgery is the more pragmatic choice for everyone.

Yes, but not everyone can afford it. In a transhumanistic paradise CRISPR would be wayyyy more accessible. (This will never happen, meaning that the world will be classed based on genetics and wealth.)

Genes are weird and play off each other in weird ways. The same genes that give rise to sickle cell disease also help prevent malaria. Truth is, we can never know what "good" genes a person has and thus can't know what they have to offer or take away from us.

Instead of changing the political system to fit man, we change man to fit the political system.

It is inevitable. Even if the west doesn't accept gene editing and transhumanism, China will embrace it, then the west will be forced to either go along or be out competed by superhumans.