I've always been paranoid of psychiatry, that it's just a crude attempt at mind control of undesirables...

I've always been paranoid of psychiatry, that it's just a crude attempt at mind control of undesirables. But of course they say paranoia is a symptom of mental illness itself. And I have felt depressed for as long as I can remember now. I don't really want to, but do you think I should just turn myself over to the psychiatrists and let them decide what to do with me Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

madinamerica.com/2012/09/things-your-doctor-should-tell-you-about-antidepressants/
sys.Sup
archive.fo/LRe05
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only if you like sucking on jewish cock

If you feel depressed, try doing something instead of seeing some shrink. Try picking up a hobby. Start jogging, hiking, gardening, anything to keep yourself occupied. Go out. Meet people. Find something new. That'll help fill the hole in your heart. We all feel depressed sometimes, but it's just a passing phase. I believe in you, and we all love you. Godspeed user.

none of it works

I dont like hobbies

I'm guessing you're single? Have few if any friends?

haven't had offline friends in years, and even those guys we were never really friends I guess, so it's been even more years than that

Do you believe in god?

no

What do you consider yourself to be politically?

libertarian

Do you own land? Guns?

Get your thyroid checked before anything else... if that's the problem it's a simple fix.

no, neither

Do you have a job, or are you neet

Psychotherapist psychotherapist psycho the rapist
>Psycho
>The
>Rapist
Sure thing bud that sounds like a legit profession.

I work two jobs

schizoprhenia is a jew invention

i am messiah

>Paranoia is a sign of mental illness
It is if you believe in shit like gang stalking and constantly come up with completely irrational and in cohesive explanations for every day things. Seriously you don't know paranoia until you've met someone like that.

Being politically aware and having cynical expectations isn't paranoia despite being passed off as such.

Try a psychologist first. They are strictly counseling, no drugs.

Please, why won't you think of the profits of the pharmaceutical companies and the salaries and power of psychiatric charlatans?

Nevermind that there's copious evidence that anti-depressants are not only completely ineffective at curing depression (placebos do better), they actively harm you in many different dependency reinforcing ways.

Exercise outperforms all anti-depressants for relieving the symptoms of depression. Try it and really go hard before you fall for the psychiatric-Jew

this is progress

I'm a college grad, these are two jobs I could've gotten if I dropped out of high school, I'm shit at both of them, I don't make shit and I don't think they will lead anywhere, so I'm not exactly proud of it

Having an end goal is important to your mental health. You need something in the back of your mind that you are working for, other than just food and rent. When I feel sad, or unloved, i think about what my endgame is. Personally, I want to save up money until I can buy some land down south. The universe is cold and empty, and the only meaning our lives have is what we give them. Try and make a list of what you want with your life in the next few days. And remember, I don't know who you are or what your story is, but I want you to be happy. I'm gonna go now. Hope you find something that can make you happy. Bye, user.

you define who you are, not the world
value your experience for what it is without feeling like something is "wrong" with you

>mental illness is a myth
>homosexuality is a mental illness

Pick only 1

Psychology is real its just that you need a highly intelligent person to utilize it. The mind runs on programs, how else do you know how to suck a titty or shit. This programming also dictates thinking. You can change this.

This is probably the best advice you will get if you don't live with your parents in their basement. If you still live with your parents in their baement and you are older than 25, you should try a psychiastrist first and suicide afterwards.

it's actually a very sophisticated attempt at mind-control. Depression is a normal healthy state of mind, it means you are taking life seriously instead of closing your eyes and smiling at stupid shit all day every day. Society needs more depressed people.

I got depressed and therapy and ssri didn't do shit. I started lifting and juicing on Winni. Instead of sad, I'd get angry. I also got laid a lot as I was pretty strict about my diet got fairly aesthetic. I felt the trade off of anger over sadness was worth it but everyone is different.

homosexuality is a myth, they only do it to get attention.

Read this, user: see pic.

The guy explains where anyone could understand it, and more importantly he provides solutions.

>be me
>18
>already fallen for the psychiatric jew, litetally wanna kill myself again once i stop the medication

How fucked am I for the rest of my life

>It is if you believe in shit like gang stalking and constantly come up with completely irrational and in cohesive explanations for every day things. Seriously you don't know paranoia until you've met someone like that.

This. My aunt has it pretty bad. Just today she thought Kim Jong Un is spraying chemicals in the air because her, my parents, and I all took a nap around the same time.

Men who can't have sex with a woman (it's very rare) is definitely a sign of psychologial disorder. Most homossexuals are actually bissexuals.

How long, and what medication/s are you on?

Speaking from personal experience, psychiatry is shit. Doesn't help one bit with anything.

Read the Kabbalah. Contrary to popular belief it contain potent psychological advice disguised in metaphor. Look for a resource online to help you to leatn to decipher it. Once you do that all yhe pieces will click together and you will know the working of your own mind. And then you change your life. Dont thank me user just spread the word. Psychologists help you partially with the knowledge you will relapse to keep you coming back for more. Help yourself.

I've stopped taking it once I read this:

madinamerica.com/2012/09/things-your-doctor-should-tell-you-about-antidepressants/

Activities helps your mind be distracted but you need tackle the root of the problem head on as well:

Sometimes you need to take meds in the first place in order to take measures against depression though.

I got diagnosed with generalized anxiety and depression and in my worst phase leaving the house wasnt managable. Due to taking medication I was able to leave the house and exercise again.

Sorry for the spelling im on mobile and on my way to class

Started taking Sertralin 50mg/day around 3 months ago due to severe anxiety, depression and confused reality perception, doc said I have to take it or spend the next weeks in the psychiatric hospital
Took around 2 weeks until I coule leave the house again after I took it, from there I progressively were able to manage more things I usually did, even applied to university this week

Without the medication i would have probably killed myself

I embraced depression, live with it every day.

Not to QQ to much, backstory is basically I was raised in bible belt Pentecostal family, homeschooled till college, no friends from 8 till 17. Worked at family business since 13, paid cash for college. Too shy and autistic to make friends in college.

Now I'm doing alright, make 52k a year at 26. Living by myself, dating a 5/10 who worships my intellect. Might start family.

My biggest battle is forgiving my parents. They locked me in a room for ten years with no friends, and I think I was originally a extrovert. I had to learn to function alone.

I went down that route and nothing helped. Pills helped for a short bit, then I just felt like a fucking soulless zombie.

I'd try these before doing any psychiatrist shit:

Take over the counter, natural pills that are good for the mind. St. John's Wort, Ginkgo biloba , fish pills. .

Eat healthier, try staying away from bread and shitty food with high sodium.

Also, get enough sun. Sit in your backyard with your shirt off and roast in the sun for 10-15mins a day. If you lack vitamin D it can make you feel shitty.

exercise.

I'd try all that before becoming a guinea pig for big pharmacy.

I don't believe meds are a proper solution for the long term - there's more that you can learn about this illness and what to do about it.

Check'd

What about schizos? How do we help them?

Are you open to the idea of praying and asking God to reveal himself to you and to help you? I struggled with a lot of depression and anxiety for a long time. I started praying regularly and accepted Jesus and I'm experiencing deeper peace and joy than I've felt in years. This is just in the past year so it's really recent. I had ten years of hardcore anxiety under my belt. Anyway give it some thought. I was agnostic before. I wish you luck. Oh and I should add that I saw plenty of therapists and none of it ever came close to helping me the way God has.

Have you read Battlefield Earth?
>do you think I should just turn myself over to the psychiatrists and let them decide what to do with me Sup Forums?
No, man, I've been down that road, you don't want that.

Good advice, thanks user

>(((Szasz)))
>Szasz who swung a wrecking ball through the practice of mental health, and paved the way for queers and trannies to be mainstreamed into society rather than treated as mentally ill
Prince of a guy.
Underrated

depends on what you mean by open to it. I don't believe in god, I can't just chose to. But it's not a refusal

>But of course they say paranoia is a symptom of mental illness itself
This is called a kafkatrap.
>I think you say I'm crazy because you want power and control over me
>Aha! See? That proves you're crazy!

If you really want to boil your noodle, just think about how the vast majority of psychiatrists and psychologists are deeply mentally ill. They get into the profession because they want to explore their own pathology and find a solution. A lot of them start very distrustful of shrinks.

So in other words, you could potentially be a good candidate.

To that end, why don't you just educated yourself into their ideas? That way you don't actually need to be serviced by one of them.

More to the point you can watch Jordan B. Peterson and what he says to do with depression. I can help you there.

He says the fastest and easiest cure for existential despair is hard manual labor. In other words, if you get, say, a construction job where you really have to bust your ass every day for shit pay, after a couple of months you're not going to care about depression any more.

Beyond that it's like you need to take a look at your life, because most of the time people who think they are mentally ill just have fucked up shit in their life external to them. So are you employed? Do you have a family? Do you have at least a few friends? Are you paying your bills? Do you feel fulfilled and important in your work? Are you married or do you have a girlfriend? And there's a couple more. And so probably you can mostly function if you're not firing on all of those cylinders, because people always have problems from time to time. But if you're not working on say four of them then you're in trouble. And then it's like those are the things you have to fix, not your brain.

But with that said, the psychology perspective is that there are actual mind diseases that are brought on by, for instance, hormonal or neurotransmitter imbalance.

Don't tell him about Battlefield Earth what are you doing? You know where that road leads, too.

Is there something missing from your life? Is your house and car tidy? Do you have enough money to support yourself? Are you working or in school? Do you have a good relationship with your family? Do you have hobbies? Do you have friends? If you answered no to any of those questions, then fix that first. If you answered yes to all of those questions and you are still feeling consistently unhappy, then get antidepressants.

Er nurse fag here. yeah a healthy paranoia is a reasonable reflex to exert. Clinical paranoia in conjunction with anything along the lines of schizophrenia is a whole different animal. Its hard to even explain how far out people are at times if you havent seen it yourself. Some people are highly intelligent and nearly functional but then you realize how distorted their perspective is and how far it is from objective reality. I honestly couldnt imagine anything worse than walking around dreaming with my eyes open, divorced from the common human experience. Not edgelord divorced but fucking seeing robots divorced.

Basically I just mean reaching out sincerely and asking God to reveal Himself to you. I started reading the Christian threads here, the NT, and a few books every night before bed so I would go to sleep with my mind on Jesus. I know it might sound trite but it really worked for me. These feelings of peace and optimism started seeping in and I began to feel purpose and direction again. And gratitude. I know you can't force yourself to believe, I'm really just talking about making a sincere, sustained inquiry with an open mind and heart.

Work two jobs. Don't really talk to family very often, don't rely on them for anything. No real friends. Pay my own bills. Work is unfulfilling and unimportant. Never had a gf

"Psychoanalisys is a confession without absolution." G. K. Chesterton

I "suffered" from depression for years; then I started to look for a purpose to eat better, to train my body and my mind. I am still sad at times, but now I have a goal, and I don't see life as a shallow descent into the grave but as an unique opportunity even with its hardships and sorrows (which indeed are what make the brief moments of happiness even more worth fighting for).

Also, go out sometimes, and try to meet and talk to people: you could end up meeting someone who agrees with you, who you can talk about your fears and help in return, or even a woman...

What you need is a purpose higher than yourself. I'm somewhat biased on the subject, but I'd recommend religion, more specifically Christianity. If you're willing to examine some evidence Christianity is true, or that the bible's at least worth the paper it's printed on, here are a couple of links to get you started,

> accordingtothescriptures.org/prophecy/353prophecies
> sys.Sup Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Farchive.4plebs.org%2Fpol%2Fthread%2F116561059%2F

Then no shit you're depressed. Go fix those things and you'll be less sad. Giving you drugs won't solve your problems.

99% of the mentally ill are just smart people who have been driven crazy or become depressed from dealing with all you idiots and your stultifying idiot society. Wonder why transexuals are right skewed on the bell curve? That's WHY they have gender dysphoria.

Shit, wrong archive. Here's a better one,

> archive.fo/LRe05

Amen, brother!

you talk about it like it's so doable, but none of it seems doable

If you don't think mental illness is real, well, you're a fucking moron for starters. But you've also clearly never met a crazy person.

And if you believe mental illness was invented by massive corporations to make money and/or control people... you are the crazy person.

That's actually a pretty low dose user. Which is good, obviously. SSRI class drugs actually cause the axonal terminals to recede from the synapse due to down regulation. You probably wouldn't experience too bad a time as it now stands if you were to cease taking it. But the longer you take it and the higher the dose, the longer the readjustment takes.

Now I haven't read about this in a few years, but last I read it takes about 2 years for it to be functionally normal. I wouldn't worry about it too much. But if you feel like the drug is no longer working (though some people never need a dosage increase due) be wary if they keep trying to increase the dosage.

I was "depressed" for a time when I was younger (as in I met the diagnostic criteria) but I could never bring myself to take that class of drugs.

Not a bad idea. You could even try 5-HTP supplements.

Hit up /fit/, lift, run, sunlight, lots of sleep, take some Mg+, water, take a alcohol break. Do something you have never done before; even go to the movies alone or test drive a new car. Forcing a movement outside routine.

hi scientology

How tall are you OP? What about the rest of you depressed/ex-depressed people here? I need to know.

>but do you think I should just turn myself over to the psychiatrists and let them decide what to do with me Sup Forums?
No. Unless you want a chemical lobotomy. Find some short term therapy that teaches you to retrain the way you feel towards stimuli. Find some pharmaceutical grade MDMA thay's what it's for, not rolling at some EDM rave.

sure xer/xe/them you go with that if it helps you feel better

I got kinda /fit/ once. Lost a lot of weight anyways, down to a low BMI, kept it that way for like half a year, but it just didnt seem to change anything in my life, while being a pain in the ass to keep up with, so I gave up and put it back on

six foot one inch

So another problem is that you think that your life is unique and everyone else's is different. This is common to people who aren't very self examined. But it's so important to get it through your head that really you're pretty much just the same as everyone else. So once you can accept that, then it's like well everyone else manages to figure out that other bullshit, so it is doable. It just seems not doable to you because you have fear and anxiety about it. And this is where psychiatry can actually help you a lot through cognitive behavioral therapy, although I personally wouldn't recommend that just because I personally don't like shrinks. But to be fair to you, I have to say you sound like a good candidate.

Because what a CBT therapist will do is find out what in your personal life has given you fear and anxiety about the constituent elements of for instance finding a girlfriend. And then once those are identified, they'll help you take small steps that you can synthesize into the entire whole of working out getting a girlfriend. So for instance, maybe you're shy and embarrassed about approaching a girl because you've never managed it successfully in the past, and maybe you're harboring trauma from trying it and getting rejected or something. Well, then they'll walk you through the components. Like, maybe you dress nicely. Maybe you make sure to groom yourself well. And then maybe you go to a crowded place and talk to a stranger. And then maybe you try it again a few times, so you build a level of confidence. And then you try it with girls without expecting anything. So then you go to a bar where girls want to be approached by men and you try it there. And so on.

And that's another important point, because when you look at it as a whole it probably does seem very daunting. But on the other hand, there's folk wisdom that tells you the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Or how do you eat an elephant? You start with one bite.

Where you a skinny lanklet when depressed?

No. I think I have been depressed at least since around 10 (I'm 25 now), so I have been depressed through all weights

If you're gonna take St. John's wort, please don't take too much. I'm a doc and I've seen way too many fucking naturopaths in my ED get serotonin syndrome.

For fucks sake that Sertraline shit is poison, getting off it is like heroin times 9/11. Go get a diagnostic test on your blood, maybe you're low thyroid or something. Also get off the internet and go to the gym or read a book. That antidepressant path is a real shitty kikey one to take. If you feel bad just tell yourself 'you know, this faggotry is all in my head'

i agree with you.
Every man should be free.
Mental illness is just a tool of control.
then you get the killers instead of going in jail going to some shit hospital.
Every man is a potential danger ,not only the "sick" ones.
Break the law you go in prison ,who cares if you were seeing unicorns or not.

make you hobbie not liking hobbies.
fuck, where do i start, such poitnless and futile nonsense needs to be investiagted.
first find out what they actually do. then begin a detailed critique.
trainspotting, birdwatching, woodturning, baking cakes.
u will be the guy at hobbyist conventions handing ut leaflets saying 'stop'.

Ultimately you will be the guy who will find the link between stamp collecting and birth defects.

>you know, this faggotry is all in my head'
Well my anxiety and depression problems started with "physical" symptoms in the first place, so I didnt ignore it.
I knew something is wrong with me without really feeling "sad"

Also I used to lift weights and read books until I got into mental illness, then stopped for reasons (basically fear of death 24/7)

breed asap

My therapist says it's pol's fault I blame Cambodian Nail Painting forums for my problems.

Depending on how depressed OP is hobbies are way too far out of reach.

I don't know where OP is but if one is really depressed simply taking a shower and making your bed is a good start. Next work up to cleaning your room and stringing together multiple days of showers, teeth brushing and bed making. Things like washing your bedding on a regular basis can really help in the beginning.

Then moving on to regular exercise and hobbies is possible. Again, not sure where OP is on this scale but starting small working up can work. Worked for me and I was the lowest of low.

i have depression in my family going back multiple generations. i'm one of the few who seems to have dodged the bullet.

some people in my family have responded well to medication, others haven't. same for people I've known. maybe find a good psychiatrist and see if they'll work with you on finding the right medication at the right dose. if at any point you don't feel they're helping you, then you're free to stop seeing them.

If you really are clinically depressed, dsm-v criteria, you can't think it away any more than you can high blood pressure or cancer.

Start drinking

have to part with you there. People are not basically the same. I don't just say that because of myself, but I can ignore myself and look at other people and see huge ranges of difference in personality and abilities

Think so? I do want kids.

>My therapist says it's pol's fault I blame Cambodian Nail Painting forums for my problems.
I blame your therapist.

So there.

Good advice really.

Well, in one sense you're right. Different people are different in some ways. But in one sense you're wrong. Barring disease or defect, everyone has two arms, right? And two legs? And two ears and two eyes? And a brain. And the brain basically works the same way for everyone. So for you to think there's something unique and special about you that just makes it impossible for you to fit into the world the way that you crave is simply incorrect thinking. Now maybe that's actually diseased thinking, and you do have a serious problem. But what's far more likely is just that you've got actual problems in your actual life, and what you're doing now is sort of trying to minimize them by rationalizing away any attempt to go fix what's wrong with yourself. You may just want to continue to think of yourself as good and perfect, and if so then you're not going to make any changes in your life, are you?

>If you feel depressed, try doing something instead of seeing some shrink.
Try getting off of this site.

That's why you're depressed.

Just man up and get over it OP lmoa.
Manning up involves exploring all possible treatments; exercise, routine of time allocated tasks, therapy, meds, better sleep routine etc everything. And do ask for help, letting it fester just makes it worse.

>Think so? I do want kids.
Most likely you'll just pass down your depression on to them - the chain is not going to be broken until you are the generation that breaks it.

why do you think I think I'm good and perfect?

I don't think it's genetic. I test as an intp, my depression stems from being very outgoing in nature but being alone for all my teenage years. I have a very high verbal IQ, I think I just need to move on from the past

Seems to me anxiety and depression are the same phenomenon. One is regarding past, other the future.

I think depression is easier to deal with from what I've seen in my coworkers

Oh I don't, but people all have a need to believe themselves to be good people. Do you think Hitler and Stalin and Castro just woke up every morning thinking they were rotten and evil? Of course not, they had their own narratives they told themselves about why they were the good folks and everyone they murdered deserved it. So you, too, need to believe that you are a good person. Which is a problem because you also consider yourself to be flawed. So to protect your own self image you have to rationalize that all your problems are due to causes not under your control. And if that is somehow intrinsic to just how special and unique you are, and you are uniquely broken in some way, then actually you're a virtuous person who couldn't help it that you wound up in this undesirable set of circumstances. And if that's the case then there's no point trying to change it since it wasn't anything you could do about anyway. So it's just easier to consider yourself to be depressed and simultaneously superior.

But that's a pretty common line of thought, too. Which goes on to show that you're not unique. You are the same as everyone else. Your problems are of your own making, or at least they obviously seem to be. And now you're looking for reasons to not try to change so you can solve them.

maybe inbetween that? My bed sheets get pretty fucked up. I shower almost every day, not if I'm not working. Room is disasterous. Had a short streak going on teeth brushing recently, but now Im back to not doing it at all I guess

I know it's not genetic. But you still won't be able to offer your kids/ wife/ close friends etc your true, authentic self; depression just suppress it, which you make up a false self/ image for the public. You won't be able to be TRULY happy, until you face and deal your inner demons. There a lot more things than meets the eye, like having healthy shame vs toxic shame, which takes up your identity. How will you be able to show your kids your true self if you are hiding it? You can't and you'll always have a pseudo-relationship with them and with everyone else, no matter how much you try to be close them.

If you want to know more: