WW1

This fucking war right here ruined everything in Western Civilization.
>Loss of monarchies
>Introduction of (((Democracy))) to common people that don't understand anything
>Nations took out huge lines of credit indebting their citizens for generations
>Ruined the middle East
>Gave the women the right to vote

No wonder no one talks about it or teaches it. We are living in the post Apocalypse.

Did anyone ever die from the spike on the German helmet?

Oh how could I fucking forget
>Legitimized communism as a form of government

>America didn't have a standing army before ww1
Where did it all go so very, very wrong boys?

I don't think so. The spikes were predominantly leather with brass fittings often covered in cloth.

BUT MUH TECHNOLOGY

DON'T YOU LOVE THE ABSOLUTE ATOMISATION OF EVERYTHING? BIGOT

Yeah, at the battle of Verdun, the Germans were running low on artillery shells so towards the end when they were getting desperate, they would shoot Germans head first out of the cannons into the French lines. There was one story were a German soldier impaled 2 officers and 5 enlisted men in a single shot.

Like allways you People are fucking retarded.

War is a civilisational Evolution Machine.
War keeps only the strong alive and helps creating new Technology.
Europe had 400 years of war and was at the Peak of Power throughout that time

even after WW2, German women still had around 5 Kids on average
Men were the Chief of the House, because they did the deadly Job of war and women knew where their place was
Now look what 60 years of Peace have brought us
Birthrates plummeting
stagnating economy
China taking over
in your Retardation you dont get that war is a part of Human evolution

Sounds more practical than wading into machine gun fire

fucking kek

I dont know about the war, but here in Bavaria, the Police force had them too,
around 1890 some dude who was running from the Police for hunting illegaly was killed while fistfighting a policeman.
The policeman cut a main artery open with the tip of the helmet

WWI was the first in the Zionists' trilogy of World Wars - all part of their plan to replace countries and peoples governed from within with a single world government run by Zionists.

The admission of Montenegro - just a few miles away from Sarajevo, where the Zionists started WWI - to NATO is their way of signalling where they intend to begin the final war of their trilogy.

Hey it got rid of the ottomans so it was aight

This.

>destroying another monarchy
Long live the Sultan.

You forgot the worst thing - bolshevism.

Also, Palestine was taken from the Turks enabling the Zionists to begin establishing Israel.

This was the main objective of WW1

Though getting the world in debt and destroying the old order were a close second.

out of any given environment capable of supporting life, and given the seeds of life, something will evolve.
when your environment is a cycle of war and fear, those better able to handle the environment will begin to bubble up (not bubble down, more specifically), and those who cannot will die off.

suicide is downward self-selection.

The cost of fitting out an entire army with this useless decoration undoubtedly lead to certain "economies" elsewhere.

Unironically this. WW1 was the real fuckup, WW2 was just the retread of the same shit. Dont forget how WW1 enabled all those commie revolutions to break out.

Yes, but it doesnt have to be between european nations

There is a difference between waging war in a civilized manner like an european and in a genocidal barbaric way like a kraut.

They were abandoned not even a year into the war, why does everybody forget this.

>keeping strong
>democracy

WW1 was a shitshow because everyone expected a nice little napoleonic war with 19th century weapons and tactics. The equipment, the mindset, the leaders were all completely unprepared for such a meatgrinder.

They weren't made for a modern-day testudo formation. IIRC they were designed to protect the wearer from a cavalrists sabre, because the spike would 'absorb' a blow from above.

Have you ever watched blackadder?

There are two scenes in it that define ww1.

One has a general move all his toy soldiers on a map over the trenches toward the Germans, then gets a brush and chucks them in the bin.

Another scene the sergeant asks the general why they are charging over the trenches with full gear for the 13th time? The general says because the Germans won't expect it this time !

Also fall of the Romanovs and birth of gommunism

>even after WW2, German women still had around 5 Kids on average

Maybe you should fact check that. 5 on average was achieved in times when child mortality was high, i.e. pre 1850. Look at pic related, Hitler was able to bring the birth rates up again but you could see that Europe was dying with the start of WW1.

Chart is birth rates per woman for Germany.

Britain and France lost 3 to 4 times as many men in ww1 compared to ww2

That's retarded, if anything the spike would catch a swinging saber.

Billions

>surrendering is waging war

wew really made me think, no wonder 40% of french newborns are niggers

D E L E T

WW1 was inevitable with the political clusterfuck that was early 20th century Europe. This would have never happened if Napoleon had won.

Frenchies literall brought it upon themselves, they had no reason to declare war except their impotent hate towards Germans

I hope that if we dont annihilate ourselves in an atomic boogaloo party, we will end up as something like wh40k and proceed to rek the galaxy

well OP this is why my biggest poster in my bedroom is the war flag of Imperial Germany.
also for years durig ww1 the Germans never lost a single mile of their territory, and had the upper hand until [email protected] went to Europe

I do not know what weapons they will use in the 3rd war but in the fourth ..

OTTO VON SKIDMARK BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

FUCK YOUR PRUSSIAN BALANCE OF POWER

MOAR MILITARY, MOAR AGGRESSION

WAT COULD GO WRONG? LOL

It created the communist USSR, gave communist Jews a massive hold in Germany, and under the name labor in UK. Poor work conditions and hours to try to support the war made conditions ripe for communists. Very unfortunate.

A French captain reports: ...I have returned from the most terrible ordeal I have ever witnessed. [] Four days and four nights ninety-six hours the last two days in ice-cold mud kept under relentless fire, without any protection whatsoever except for the narrow trench, which even seemed to be too wide. [] I arrived with 175 men, I returned with 34 of whom several had half turned insane....

A French Lieutenant reports: ...Firstly, companies of skeletons passed, sometimes commanded by a wounded officer, leaning on a stick. All marched, or rather: moved forwards with tiny steps, zigzagging as if drugged. [] It seemed as if these speechless faces cried over something appalling: the unbelievable horrors of their martyrdom....

The last note from the diary of Alfred Joubaire, a French soldier: ...They must be crazy to do what they are doing now: what a bloodbath, what horrid images, what a slaughter. I just cannot find the words to express my feelings. Hell cannot be this dreadful. People are insane!...

A German soldier writes to his parents: ...An awful word, Verdun. Numerous people, still young and filled with hope, had to lay down their lives here their mortal remains decomposing somewhere, in between trenches, in mass graves, at cemeteries....

Louis Barthas recounts the bitter man-to-man fights: ...Woe betide anyone who fell into the hands of the enemy alive; all sense of humanity had disappeared. Soldiers, wounded, stretcher-bearers a distinction was no longer made....

An eye-witness: ...One soldier was going insane with thirst and drank from a pond covered with a greenish layer near Le Mort-Homme. A corpse was afloat in it; his black countenance face down in the water and his abdomen swollen as if he had been filling himself up with water for days now....

A soldier tells: ...The soldiers put their feet in front of them and pulled up out of the swampy and smelly soil. A disgusting impenetrable stench surrounded every move. Some did not manage to pull their boots from the mud and had to continue in their socks, puttee or even barefooted....

A French soldier describes the horrors of a bombardment: ...When you hear the whistling in the distance your entire body preventively crunches together to prepare for the enormous explosions. Every new explosion is a new attack, a new fatigue, a new affliction. Even nerves of the hardest of steel, are not capable of dealing with this kind of pressure. The moment comes when the blood rushes to your head, the fever burns inside your body and the nerves, numbed with tiredness, are not capable of reacting to anything anymore. It is as if you are tied to a pole and threatened by a man with a hammer. First the hammer is swung backwards in order to hit hard, then it is swung forwards, only missing your scull by an inch, into the splintering pole. In the end you just surrender. Even the strength to guard yourself from splinters now fails you. There is even hardly enough strength left to pray to God..

A witness tells: ...We all carried the smell of dead bodies with us. The bread we ate, the stagnant water we drank Everything we touched smelled of decomposition due to the fact that the earth surrounding us was packed with dead bodies....

Henri Barbusse describes the trenches as:
...a network of elongated pits in which the nightly excreta are piling up. The bottom is covered with a swampy layer from which the feet have to extricate themselves with every step. It smells dreadfully of urine all over....

A soldier tells: ...Seven days without sleep, seven days of fatigue, thirst and fear made these healthy men, these beautifully disciplined companies into a gang of loiterers. Critically ill, but calm and satisfied, because they were now out of danger and appeared to be still alive..

A French stretcher-bearer describes the consequences of a flame-thrower attack: ...Some grenadiers returned with ghastly wounds: hair and eyebrows singed, almost not human anymore, black creatures with bewildered eyes....

Louis Barthas also describes such an attack:
...At my feet two unlucky creatures rolled the floor in misery. Their clothes and hands, their entire bodies were on fire. They were living torches. [The next day] In front of us on the floor the two I had witnessed ablaze, lay rattling. They were so unrecognisably mutilated that we could not decide on their identities. Their skin was black entirely. One of them died that same night. In a fit of insanity the other hummed a tune from his childhood, talked to his wife and his mother and spoke of his village. Tears were in our eyes....

A German officer recalls: ...We saw a handful of soldiers, commanded by a Captain, slowly approaching, one at the time. The Captain asked which company we were and then started to cry all of a sudden. Did he suffer of shellshock? Then he said: ...when I saw you approach it reminded me of six days ago, when I walked this same road with approximately hundred men. And now look how few there are left.... We watched as we passed them; they where about twenty. They walked by us as living, plastered statues. Their faces stared at us like shrunken mummies, and their eyes were so immense that you could not see anything but their eyes....

A German soldier describes: ...The men who have lived in these trenches just as long as our infantry men, without going insane under these infernal attacks, must have lost their sense for a large number of things. Our poor men have seen too many atrocities, have witnessed too many incredible matters. I cannot believe that we will be able to cope with this. Our poor little mind simply cannot comprehend all of this....

An eye-witness: ...There is nothing as tiring as the continuous, enormous bombardment as we have lived through, last night, at the front. The night is disturbed by light as clear as if it were day. The earth moves and shakes like jelly. And the men who are still at the frontline, cannot hear anything but the drumfire, the moaning of wounded friends, the screams of hurt horses, the wild pounding of their own hearts, hour after hour, day after day, night after night....

A German soldier: ...the soldiers fell over like tin soldiers. Almost all our officers get hurt or killed and many of our men get killed because of their own artillery fire, which is too close and therefore causes many victims...

A French soldier: ...my battalion comes straight from the land behind the front-lines, the men are exhausted and did not sleep. The battalion consists of 800 men - the battalion that we are here to replace lost 800 men...

A German eye-witness: ...The losses are registered as follows: they are dead, wounded, missing, nervous wrecks, ill and exhausted. Nearly all suffer from dysentery. Because of the failing provisioning the men are forced to use up their emergency rations of salty meats. They quenched their thirst with water from the shellholes. They are stationed in the village of Ville where every form of care seems to be missing. They have to build their own accommodation and are given a little cacao to stop the diarrhoea. The latrines, wooden beams hanging over open holes, are occupied day and night the holes are filled with slime and blood...

A neutral contemporary feels: that they, within the framework of this World War, are involved in some affair, that will still be considered horrible and appalling in a hundred years time. It is this Hell of Verdun. Since a hundred days day and night the sons of two European people fight stubbornly and bitterly over every inch of land. It is the most appalling mass murder of our history

>War keeps only the strong alive and helps creating new Technology.
all the strong die fighting. only cowardly rats survive. also (((Technology))) yea another new killing machine is by no means a technological advancement

A soldier: One of the trenches is so filled with wounded and dead bodies the attackers have to use the parapet in order to be able to move forward

A German witness: .the latrines cause major problems. They are completely blocked up and smell terribly. This stench is fought with chlorinated lime and this smell mixes with the battlefield smell of decomposition. Men even wear their gas masks when using the latrines

A French eye-witness: mud, heat, thirst, filth, rats, the sweat smell of corpses, the disgusting smell of excreta and the terrible fear: it seems we will have to attack, and that when nobody has any strength left...

A German soldier: and during the summer months the swarms of flies around the corpses and the stench, that horrible stench. If we had to construct trenches we put garlic cloves in our nostrils

An eye-witness: you could never get rid of the horrible stench. If we were on leave and we were having a drink somewhere, it would only last a few minutes before the people at the table beside us would stand up and leave. It was impossible to endure the horrible stench of Verdun...

A German officer: the number of defectors increases, the front soldiers become numb by seeing the bodies without heads, without legs, shot through the belly, with blown away foreheads, with holes in their chests, hardly recognisable flabs, pale and dirty in the thick yellow brown mud, which covers the battle field

A French soldier: everyone who searches for cover in a shell hole, stumbles across slippery, decomposing bodies and has to proceed with smelly hands and smelly clothes

A German soldier: in the drumfire bravery no longer exists: only nerves, nerves, nerves. When anyone is exposed unto such trials and tribulations he is no longer of any use as an attacker or defender

Described by Erich Maria Remarque as "an explosive mangle" that resulted in many soldiers being, "blown into showers" (Silence Round Verdun 1930). Officially, missing troops were said to be the result of 'disintegration by artillery' (J. R. Chrislip, "Firepower Kills: The Evolution of French Infantry Tactics at Verdun," Voces Novae, Vol.3, no.1 2012). Unofficially, the battle became known as 'The Mincer'.

Out in no-man’s-land, ‘the sun swelled up the dead with gas and often turned them blue, almost navy blue. Then, when the gas escaped, the bodies dried up like mummies and were frozen in their death positions... sitting bodies, kneeling bodies, bodies in almost every position, though most lay on their bellies or on their backs.

‘The crows pecked out the eyes and rats lived on bodies that lay in abandoned dugouts. These rats were very large and quite fearless, their familiarity with the dead having made them contemptuous of the living. One night one fell on my face in a dugout and bit me.

‘Where we fought several times over the same ground bodies became incorporated in the material of the trenches themselves.’ He remembered in one place accidentally digging through corpses of Frenchmen killed and buried in 1915.

‘They were putrid, with the consistency of Camembert cheese. I once fell and put my hand right through the belly of a man. It was days before I got the smell out of my nails.’

At one stage his battalion had to deal with a thousand rotting corpses, which ‘came to pieces in your hands. As you lifted a body by the arms and leg, the torso detached.

'Even worse was that each one was crawling with maggots and covered inches deep with a black fur of flies which flew up into your face, mouth, eyes and nostrils.’

Everyone lent a hand in this gruesome task. ‘No one could expect the men to handle these bodies unless the officers did their share. We worked with sandbags on our hands, stopping every now and then to puke’

"Men were squashed. Cut in two or divided from top to bottom. Blown into showers; bellies turned inside out; skulls forced into the chest as if by a blow from a club."

"You eat beside the dead; you drink beside the dead, you relieve yourself beside the dead and you sleep beside the dead."

"Hell cannot be so terrible as this. Humanity is mad; it must be mad to do what it is doing."

"An artery of French blood was spilt on February 21st and it flows incessantly in large spurts."

"I saw a man drinking avidly from a green scum-covered marsh, where lay, his black face downward in the water, a dead man lying on his stomach and swollen as if he had not stopped filling himself with water for days."

"To die from a bullet seems to be nothing; parts of our being remain intact; but to be dismembered, torn to pieces, reduced to pulp, this is the fear that flesh cannot support and which is fundamentally the great suffering of the bombardment."

This concludes my Verdun.txt.

Fucking hell. That is fucked up.

this, ww1 was the most depressing war ever

And let's not forget who are directly responsible

The Russians

>War is a civilisational Evolution Machine.

No it doesn't, the strong die in battle, the weak cower at home and survive

The Romanovs were the reason for the fucking War

they definitely played a part, especially by announcing general mobilisation. the blame is not entirely on them though.

it should have just been a little tiff between Austro-Hungary and Serbia. Austro-Hungary would have won swiftly and then everyone would have moved on.

the Russians caused everything

they left the League of Three Empires, wanted to expand into the Balkans and supported the Serbian rebels

>Now look what 60 years of Peace have brought us
There haven't been any peace in named years. The act of you capitalizing it annihilates you argument totally.

That moment when Sup Forums changed you and all you can see is pic related

Everyone wanted to fight.

Austria wanted to fuck up the serbians and get more balkan clay.
France wanted Elsass back.
Russia hungered for more clay as usual, especially in the balkans and wanted to finally push into the crumbling Ottomeme empire and claim Tsargrad and have unhindered access to the Mediterranean
The anglo never needs a reason to fight
Germany wanted to finally establish themselves a world power
America realized they are a great power too and wanted to some influence and to sell shit tons of arms
The recently unified Italy wanted Dalmatia and to establish themselves as a fully integrated, unified great power.
Romania, Montenegro and Serbia wanted Austrian clay
Ottomans wanted to fight someone else to keep the attention away from the severe internal dissent
Japan realized too they are finally on par with the western devils and wanted a colonial empire of their own

And in the end everyone lost

You joke but the breakup of the ottoman empire is why we have Islamic terrorism today

>The anglo never needs a reason to fight

Britain really didn't want to fight, and was only reluctantly dragged in because everyone's chips were down so it would have been worse to have no stake in the future political formation. They would've been stonewalled by the winners whichever side it was had they opted out.

Not everyone

It's because of pic related

Which wouldn't have happened if the ottomans were in control, the breakup of the ottoman empire created the conditions for the Saudi led salafis middle east

>equip and train arabs to rise up aganist the ottomans in return for an independent Arabia
>"great job arabs, HOWEVER!"
>sykes-picot agreement, they literally just pulled a line on the map to show they could
>arabs mad
>WW2
>arabs get convinced into helping again
>"lmao, fuck you, here, have israel, also, we will coup the democratically elected iranian government and install a shah just because fuck you"
>pan-arab alliance fails to defeat israel because of the literal trilllions of dollars of military and economic aid flowing to the jews
>wahabism rises up in response between the disheartened arabs, moderism has obviously failed them, the modern world is aganist them, why not go back to fundamentalism

>oh no, the quick breeding arabs with their oil sheik dosh are taking over the world and finance terrorism erryhwere, how could this happen!

This guy knows

Not to mention the USA directly financed Osama bin Laden, the Taliban and every single radical Islamist group of sandniggers against the secular governments, because they were aligned with the SU and Israel always likes a dead Arab.

>cucks for a muslim monarchy
Stupid leaf, read history

>catch
That's what I meant. If the saber hits the spike, it wouldn't hit anything else.

Again, Britain had to nose around.

See the pattern here?

>War is a civilisational Evolution Machine.
When you start that same war on medieval tech maybe. Get out of the 1600s, modern war is nothing but dysgenics.

The ottoman empire WAS an Islamic terrorist one

You're only saying that because they were dicks to Bulgarians

>Loss of monarchies

The Napoleonic wars did more to remove monarchies from their thrones and establish modern day systems of government.

What you are looking for is the loss of European empires.

These were mistakes made by the British and the French though (except the funding Al Qaeda part).
If the USA would just DROP support of the fucking kikes in Israel and let all the mudslimes kill each other to their hearts content, the problem would sort itself out.

How's that? Napoleon installed his relatives as monarchs across Europe, he didn't inspire (((democracy))).
Also once he was defeated they just put the Bourbons right back on the throne.

>kikes help orchestrate the greatest slaughters in mankind's history, WWI and WWII
>then guilt trip the goyim into believing in their "holocaust"

The world wars were the genocide of over 60 million Europeans. Jewish Bolshevism then went on to destroy the lives of millions upon millions more, and their voices are ever-more silent to modern ears than those of the World Wars.

The Jew has done this.

>muh monarchies
reactionary rightist are just as dumb as libertarians and commies.

Taмo дaлeкo, дaлeкo oд мopa,
Taмo јe ceлo мoјe, тaмo јe Cpбијa.
Taмo јe ceлo мoјe, тaмo јe Cpбијa.

Taмo дaлeкo, гдe цвeтa лимyн жyт,
Taмo јe cpпcкoј вoјcци јeдини биo пyт.
Taмo јe cpпcкoј вoјcци јeдини биo пyт.

Taмo дaлeкo гдe цвeтa бeли кpин,
Taмo cy живoтe дaли зaјeднo oтaц и cин.
Taмo cy живoтe дaли зaјeднo oтaц и cин.

Taмo гдe тихa пyтyјe Mopaвa,
Taмo ми икoнa ocтa, и мoјa кpcнa cлaвa.
Taмo ми икoнa ocтa, и мoјa кpcнa cлaвa.

Taмo гдe Tимoк, пoздpaвљa Beљкoв гpaд,
Taмo ми cпaлишe цpквy, y кoјoј вeнчaх ce млaд.
Taмo ми cпaлишe цpквy, y кoјoј вeнчaх ce млaд.

Бeз oтaџбинe дaлeкo, нa Кpфy живeх јa,
aли caм пoнocнo клиц’o, живeлa Cpбијa!
aли caм пoнocнo клиц’o, живeлa Cpбијa!

>Twice the men that were fit to war in Center Europe got slaughtered in every European country that took part in the war.
>The people that survived, twice filtered by war, were literally too crap for WW1 or WW2 and they made the future

Weak survive war. Those unfit for it. At least world wars.

War is the ultimate redpill

Revanchism was utterly rational.

Do you know how much useful shit is invented for military use? The internet is one example.

Oy vey!

Sides in orbit