Making fun of religion

so many skeptics and (((atheists))) say we should make fun of everything including all religions. but i never see them making fun of buddhism, particularly zen. well here's an excerpt from the samdhinirmocana sutra, a foundational text in the zen school.

go ahead, ridicule it

>”Maitreya, the suchness of those same afflicted and purified phenomena is 'that which exists in fact'. Furthermore, [suchness] has seven aspects: the 'suchness of arising' is the beginninglessness and endlessness of compounded phenomena; the 'suchness of character' is the selflessness of persons and the selflessness of phenomena in all phenomena; the 'suchness of cognition' [understands] that compounded phenomena are cognition-only; the 'suchness of abiding' is what I taught as the truth of suffering; the 'suchness of wrong establishment' is what I taught as the truth of the origin of suffering; the 'suchness of purification' is what I taught as the truth of the cessation of suffering; and the 'suchness of right establishment' is what I taught as the truth of the path.

>”Maitreya, due to the suchness of arising, the suchness of abiding, and the suchness of wrong establishment, all sentient beings are similar and equal.

>”Maitreya, due to the suchness of character and the suchness of cognition, all phenomena are similar and equal.

>”Maitreya, due to the suchness of purification, all enlightenments—the enlightenment of Śrāvakas, the enlightenment of Pratyekabuddhas, and supreme, perfect enlightenment- are similar and equal.

>Maitreya, due to the suchness of right establishment, wisdom conjoined with śamatha and vipaśyanā, that observes all that one hears as integrated doctrine,is similar and equal.
"Maitreya, 'apprehending objects' are the phenomena of the five physical sense spheres, mind, thought, consciousness, and mental factors.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-man-sentenced-death-atheism-ahmad-al-shamri-hafar-al-batin-appeal-denied-a7703161.html
archive.is/YUmpJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thats because bhuddism doesnt believe in a guy in the clouds or a magical ressurection. Also its not like you hear about them all day spouting their bullshit trying to get people to believe or in the muzzies case blowing themselves and some 8 year olds up because fucking jihad.

Buddhism is another weak religion just like Christianity is. Proof? Indonesia used to be Buddhist now it's Islamic.

Why would I make fun of something irrelevant?
Evils of Islam and Christianity affect me directly, so when someone tries to tread on me I'll mock him to oblivion with no shame.

A serious young man found the conflicts of mid 20th Century America confusing. He went to many people seeking a way of resolving within himself the discords that troubled him, but he remained troubled.

One night in a coffee house, a self-ordained Zen Master said to him, "go to the dilapidated mansion you will find at this address which I have written down for you. Do not speak to those who live there; you must remain silent until the moon rises tomorrow night. Go to the large room on the right of the main hallway, sit in the lotus position on top of the rubble in the northeast corner, face the corner, and meditate."

He did just as the Zen Master instructed. His meditation was frequently interrupted by worries. He worried whether or not the rest of the plumbing fixtures would fall from the second floor bathroom to join the pipes and other trash he was sitting on. He worried how would he know when the moon rose on the next night. He worried about what the people who walked through the room said about him.

His worrying and meditation were disturbed when, as if in a test of his faith, ordure fell from the second floor onto him. At that time two people walked into the room. The first asked the second who the man was sitting there was. The second replied "Some say he is a holy man. Others say he is a shithead."

Hearing this, the man was enlightened.

Hail Eris!

thats close. but also not particularly funny

When Hypoc was through meditating with St. Gulik, he went there into the kitchen where he busied himself with preparing the feast and in his endeavor, he found that there was some old tea in a pan left standing from the night before, when he had in his weakness forgot about its making and had let it sit steeping for 24 hours. It was dark and murky and it was Hypoc's intention to use this old tea by diluting it with water. And again in his weakness, chose without further consideration and plunged into the physical labor of the preparations. It was then when deeply immersed in the pleasure of that trip, he had a sudden loud clear voice in his head saying "it is bitter tea that involves you so." Hypoc heard the voice, but the struggle inside intensified, and the pattern, previously established with the physical laboring and the muscle messages coordinated and unified or perhaps coded, continued to exert their influence and Hypoc succummed to the pressure and he denied the voice.

And again he plunged into the physical orgy and completed the task, and Lo as the voice had predicted, the tea was bitter.

"The Five Laws have root in awareness."
--Che Fung (Ezra Pound, Canto 85)

>one day chunghsueh walked into the meditation hall and asked the master fungtze "what is the meaning of zen?"
>"fuck off" fungtze replied
>at this chunghsueh was greatly enlightened

buddhism is a suicidal death cult whose adherents want nothing more than to renounce life and 'blow out' (nirvana) into non-existence

they're weak, pathetic, whiners. waa waa I'm a indian peasant I'm hungry instead of fixing my life I'll just talk about how shit and hopeless it all is and make sure I never get brought back into this hell hole again god damn I wish I was ever born and never will be again

fuck buddhism

Because Abrahamic religions are by far the dumbest ones. They're also the more violent and more pushy ones

When even Islam has contributed more to the world than atheism, you know atheists are a special kind of retarded.

Islam is the only violent one.

Stop being retarded, you know Christians won't rape and behead you in the street in you talk shit about Jesus.

Muslims do not define Jews, Christians, Sikhs or people of the Bahali Faith or whatever that one's called.

That kind of gibberish was a problem with Islam as well until based Al Ghazali BTFO'd Ibn Rushd.

Make fun of this independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-man-sentenced-death-atheism-ahmad-al-shamri-hafar-al-batin-appeal-denied-a7703161.html

Profit denial
archive.is/YUmpJ

muslims = subhumans.
Genetically degraded.

>Thats because bhuddism doesnt believe in a guy in the clouds or a magical ressurection
That's not true. Buddhists believe that devas inhabit mount meru and that asuras inhabit the lower area surrounding it and that this exists in a higher celestial plane invisible to humans. Literally sky people. They also believe in magically being resurrected as a different lifeform.

Before you make a stupid atheist post maybe you should actually do your research. The number one problem I have with atheists is that they are completely ignorant regarding the subject matter that they engage in debate with.

You forgot the millions of deaths in the past ~100
years.

What do you expect from an useful idiot?
Atheists are underage edgy teenagers mad at their parents.
I was like that when I was 16.
Atheists are no different than SJWs, they are one and the same, they get triggered to a cross the same way a feminist get triggered to an attractive wive material girl. Every atheist is the same, every one responds the same, the same lines and the same sentences and the same strawman, they are indoctrinated and unable to do critical thinking to see how secular societies fall into a degenerated, decadent and weak state.

Most buddhists believe the folklore of whatever area they come from.

Like nip zen buddhists "believing" shinto myths etc.

It's only gibberish because it's an early translation. All of those things are techincal terms that had to be translated into english

Imagine if a chinese person came to the West and tried to translate Hegel into Chinese. The first translation would just be a mess, the second one would be a little better etc.

difference is, buddhism itself discourages dogmatism and encourages people to question and challenge it and not to believe thing blindly