What is Sup Forums opinion on the Ottoman Empire?

What is Sup Forums opinion on the Ottoman Empire?

I think it was pretty cool desutbh, the devşirme janissairy program was brilliant

Pic related, Ottoman traces in Bosnia

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_Bosnian_War
bosniafacts.info/modern-history/serbian-aggression/9-list-of-serb-war-criminals
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foča_massacres
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omarska_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liplje_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batković_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sušica_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilina_Vlas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzamnica_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trnopolje_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keraterm_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manjača_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Odžak
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ezhT7zCJYJY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Balkan is the most advanced and peaceful region in Europe because of them, right

Had the turks managed to assimilate all of balkans it would be different, ofcourse there was and still is bitterness and resentment left in the area once the Ottomans left

Endstation

Not a fan

Thought that thumbnail was a screenshot of one of the Kings Quests

>the devşirme janissairy program was brilliant
It was, but unfortunately later sultans didn't have the intelligence to understand the principles behind its function. They tampered with it in ways that fatally crippled it and led to the empire's downfall.

>devşirme janissairy program was brilliant

no it was evil. kidnapping your enemies' spawn and turning them into killing machines is pretty dark and it's not the turk's way

it was a degenerate multikulti empire and caused so many problems. ruined the turkish collective psyche and we're still having problems because of them

It was a necessary evil to further the Empires cause and many great leaders rose from the devşirme program (such as Mehmet Pasha Sokolovic)

I only wish as a Bosnian that the Bosnians joined the catholics or orthodox, and not started their own heretical church like retards. Then maybe it would still be christian today and maybe there wouldn't be religious tensions there.

there's no necessary evil. one drop of ink and the water is not pure anymore. that's how empires and individual lives fall

I dont think you can survive as a puritan, you have to be willing to cause harm for the greater good, not to mention many janissairies died happy

Another """bosniak""" with massochism.

great leader?No one heard of that shitstain.

Ottoamans are the main reason of Balkan conflicts.

causing harm =/= being evil

here's a story for you when ottomans were still turkic

>orhan I. raids a byzantine castle
>they're winning the fight
>one byzantine knight is fighting like a mad dog, butchering ottoman soldiers with every swing
>all his fellow soldiers dead, he's cornered, ready to die with his sword in his hand
>orhan tells his soldiers to stand down
>tells the knight that he's free to go
>knight can't believe what he's hearing because he killed so many of their soldiers
>orhan says turks respect a good warrior and he earned the right to live
>knight leaves the battlefield, only to come back to orhan wanting to join him
>they fight side by side and fight byzantines together

this is how turks win hearts, not by brainwashing kidnapped children. ofc this story takes place back when ottoman rulers called themselves "bey" not "sultan"

Go back to Turkey, roach

Huh wasn't bey still used in Ottoman empire? Pasha, Bey and Aga are first ones that come to mind, and ofcourse Sultan

>Had the turks managed to assimilate all of balkans it would be different
They'd be just like the advanced and modern society of Turkey?

The only Ottoman trace in that pic is the ugly minaret in the background
And the people, I guess, bosnians are scum

they stopped using it after bayezid, the umayyad rat who ruined the empire for good. the empire stopped being a turkic empire after that son of a whore. we abandoned the ways of our ancestors and that's how we ended up like this

>Ottomans are the main reason for Balkan conflicts

That bridge was built by Serbians you liar

Serbs are genocidal rapists: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_Bosnian_War
Oh lawdy, look at those hefty sentences: bosniafacts.info/modern-history/serbian-aggression/9-list-of-serb-war-criminals

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foča_massacres
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omarska_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liplje_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batković_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sušica_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilina_Vlas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzamnica_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trnopolje_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keraterm_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manjača_camp

t."Serb" LARPing as a Bosnian

i'm bosniak i swear

So?

A lot of Christian Balkan peasant families WILLINGLY gave their sons away. They knew they would have a better life as a soldier in the Ottoman courts.

>Serbs are genocidal rapists
this is true
but let's be honest... they only went to jail because they lost the war

so you got rekt

Last Islamic Caliphate in Europe, before the one currently being put together.

>you
There is no need to project user,i am not from Croatia.Besides those people don't look raped and murdered to me.

Everyone in the Muslim world hates the Ottoman Empire except Bosniaks and Kosovar Albanians.
From Algeria to Iran, everyone takes pride of it being destroyed - Saudis for destroyed that Ottoman Ajyad Fortress abomination in Mecca. They destroyed Mamluk Sultanate and killed other Muslim brethren for its existence. Arab revolt was truly justified.

You perhaps have a Stockholm syndrome for Turks. Perhaps Wh*tes are inferior and cucks to us

Jesus H Christ! We should fucking nuke Serbia from the orbit.

Go live in Turkey then you rapebaby

>being butthurt about genocides
its a competition user

literally subhumans

Oh but sadly,your masters,seem to like us quite a bit.To the point they gave Bosnian serfs ammunition with Hebrew inscriptions.

>people

And they didn't, we are discussing what the ottomans were not what they could have been.

Well that didn't work out pretty well for none of you

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Odžak

Meh,you don't have 500k Germans and 300k Albos on your tab.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ezhT7zCJYJY
Ottomans died after annexing mamluks

So that happened in Europe 20 years ago? For fucks sake, that is some hard core animal behaviour. Croats did the right thing by expelling those rats.

The times ottoman was alive was in expandion against rum, after byzies were dead it was steady decline

You're god damn right about that.

Any society that produces architecture like that has my respect and admiration.

>Kill Muslims
>Wow Serbs are animals for lacking (((diversity)))

Serbs had diversity for over 40 years where they weren't allowed to call themselves Serbs or they would be beaten to near death experience which is why the war started

"One always hates what one wrongs."

Isn't it convenient that the west (not "the West") bombs a mostly Christian European country to help muslims, gets 9/11 a few years later (kek), the ISIS-like atrocities committed by muslims against these Christian Europeans are never prosecuted, and the people who got bombed are convicted as war criminals?

I joined this thread just to support you Serbs, thankfully the criminal Clinton cartel is out politics.

Ottomans were dirty sand nigger cockroaches

>which is why the war started
rrrrright

>make thread about muslim serbia
>turns into orthodox serbia hate thread
>make thread about catholic serbia
>turns into a orthodox serbia hate thread
nobody really gives a shit about you guise, there is a reason you will always first see a "serbshit" image before you see a serb provoking somebody, they start this because they got OUT FUCKING SKILLED and are posting their favorite cherry picked images about us.

stay mad shitlords, keep this thread up until i come back from the saturday night life :^)

Agreed, I love Ottoman architecture, especially traditional homes

That looks like christian settlements.
Oh wait, because janissaries were Christan slaves.

Glad to see that some of you have consciences, it would be nice if the Turkic peoples were peaceful Tengrists instead, pisslam is the gift that keeps on giving.

user i posted before any Cuckrats.

me too

Fuck off Turkish rape baby shill

>Serbs had diversity for over 40 years where they weren't allowed to call themselves Serbs or they would be beaten to near death experience which is why the war started
well then they wouldnt object to us leaving
its almost as if yugoslavia was better for the serbs

What else?

Everybody wanted independence back in the day, maybe at first it was to calm things down but by 1992 things have already gone to shit

Or maybe it was because you wanted this?

Balkaniggers destroyed everything the Ottomans built in the area because muh orthodoxy muh heathens.

ebin meme faggot
what else do i expect from a serbshit diaspora

There's nothing so beautiful to my eyes as a stone bridge over a canal.

Serbs were the largest ethnic group, commanded most if the army, etc
It's more because others didn't want to call themselves Serbs

>Oh shit I got called out
>Better call him diaspora top lel xD

Nice argument there Stipe

But the ottomans were uninvited parasites while the Balkans had thousands of civilization before the ottomans even existed. Plus pisslam is a shit religion, even the bosnian and albanian muslims seem to be full of shame and self-hatred.

>Be largest ethnic group in the country
>Surprised when they make up most of the country's workforce

Holy shit it's like there's a thing called population?

Reminder that Russia, England and France killed The Empire

>xD
neck yourself

in what way did i get called out you fucking retarded idiot
give me 2 concrete proofs that we wanted that
read some books or something before going MUH OPRESSION

Croats kaboom'd that bridge lol

Then you should enjoy Ottoman bridges, all their bridges were made out of stone

Can you give an example? What did you create in balkans except for some mosques that stand out of place, an university or academy or schools

it would be like bosnia

>what does the word disproportionate mean

Dude you're retarded

He's right you know, it's easy to be morally judgemental when reading history but that was the reality back then

>A lot
A few

You said they weren't allowed to be called Serbs which is laughable, it's actually them that insisted to call they country Jugoslavia until Montenegro split in 2006

answer me fucking faggot

Bulgarians and Slavs also came to the Balkans uninvited. Good thing Ameritards are too full of themselves to hide their disgusting flag otherwise someone just might take your drooling knob for a head seriously.
Mosques doubled as schools at the time. There was both religious indoctrination and real factual science being thought. Over time emphasis on allahu akbar increased and now islam is shite.

>Be largest ethnic group in the country
run like bitches

This is a fair analysis. Ottomans took pride in their engineering skills and it's visible in many of their grand architectural projects

Actually we where invited kek.

Uh, I've been to Mostar: nice place, had a fun time helping children and eating burek.

>Mosques doubled as schools at the time. There was both religious indoctrination and real factual science being thought. Over time emphasis on allahu akbar increased and now islam is shite.

Maybe in the early period but by early modern period 18th and 19th centuries and later those were outdated and far behind any school or university in Europe

obligatory

Of course Serbs didn't want to send their kids to learn into Mosques and so they burned them once the Turks left.
It's just common sense to do that.

Bulgarians converted from shamanism to Christianity and otherwise adopted European culture. Besides, Bulgarian is a Slavic language (albeit simplified as a creole patois, like English coincidentally) and I imagine that many Bulgarians are of original European descent who were living in the area. Then they helped protect Europe from pisslamic roaches many times. Same with Slavs.

>Good thing Ameritards are too full of themselves to hide their disgusting flag
We have a beautiful Anglo-inspired flag (pic related) while you have an ugly arab moon god flag. And unlike the ottomans, WE ARE STILL HERE!

Someone needs to clear the conscience of his people for fighting shoulder to shoulder with Muslims against Christians for the last 100 years.

>devşirme janissairy program

>abduct little Christian boys
>fuck them in the ass until they convert to Islam
>send them back to kill their own parents

Yeah it was a peach

Whooopsies

(((BRITISH EAST INDIA COMPANY)))

gas your life, jew

They peasants loved it so much, they mutilated their own children so Muslims would have no interest in taking them anymore.
Obviously they loved this according to this Bosnian Muslims "brilliant" programme.
What escapes me is that his own ancestors were forcibly converted using the same methods during the last 300 years.

I never understood anyway what's so special about this small bridge, They all act like it's the Mona Lisa or something.
Let's destroy it again next war!

Let's see your flag big boy.

Most wealthy and scholarly Bosnians left to Turkey by their own will because that was were everything relevant was; schools, jobs, universities and civilization.

The one who remained were peasents and orthodox fanatics who refused to surrender to a clearly superior way of life

Oh, wealthy and scholarly Bonsians. Poorest region except for Albanian lands and maybe some gypsy towns (although many gypsy towns are much richer than the average Bosnian town)
People in this region couldn't even read until to the 20th century.

Say what you want about Turks/Ottomans but in their prime they were unstoppable, only their name could scare entire armies. Sure there were here and there some heroes that put out a fight but most of their losses and numbers have been exaggerated, in the end like most of empires they become corrupted and decadent and fell in decline