Hey guys, I’m with my German grandpa this afternoon. He’s 92 and joined the Wehrmacht in 1943...

Hey guys, I’m with my German grandpa this afternoon. He’s 92 and joined the Wehrmacht in 1943. He has so so so many stories, and he actually loves talking about it.

Ask him some questions, I’ll try give responses to everything. (He doesn’t like too many questions about the Holocaust specifically though)

Ask him if he distinguished between Allied troops - and if he had any favourites.

He's almost finished reading!

Nice reply bait shill last time you didn't even deliver

>Didn't even reply

Ask him, waffle.

He fell asleep, sorry

ask him if he every met or spoke with the allied forces out of battle/after the war

My one also fought until the very end of the war and ended up in a hospital in Vienna. Though the only thing he would talk about is how shitty the Ukrainian front was.

Where did your grandpa see combat?

HE'S TALKING!!!!!

He looked at me funny when I asked for his favorites. He says particularly despised the French though over their lack of respect of "war principles".

He ended up marrying my grandmother (who is Belgian) when he was 27. So YES!

Does he think the good guys won or lost the war?

FUCK OFF FAGGOT, KILL YOURSELF

Right so he's on the right track, everyone hates the French.

Ask him how the soldiers really got along with the civilians in occupied territory and whether there was good support outside of some areas with heavy partisan presence.

monkey pls go

asked him does he feel bad when he goes to sleep knowing what he found for and spilled blood is now used by welfare muslims.

He only fought on the Western Front, mostly in Belgium, with his military climax taking place in the Battle of the Bulge where he lost hearing in his left ear due to an explosion.

What was his favorite gun?

Ask him if he will ever forget the smell of exhaust and gunpowder

Why did he join up?

Oh, look, its this faggot ass Belgian again.

K I L L Y O U R S E L F O P

Did he serve on eastern front or western front?

This

He thinks both sides had good parts and bad parts to it, even though he "must admit" Germany was better than it had ever been under the Nazis. He had an amazing childhood and says being part of the Hitler Youth was a life-changing experience. It thought him to be strong, while staying humble.

In Belgium, many of the soldiers had trouble communicating simply because of the language barrier. He never talked to them, even though some of his fellow Heren did talk to them, often in a normal and friendly way. Some of the higher-ups did rape many women in Wallonia. Civilians were usually pretty quiet during take-over, it's not as dramatic as in the movies, he says.

Show him thhe youtube vid "they fought for europe" and ask what he thinks about it

Reverse Image Search
>Not a unique photo
>OP is Faggot
>Sage

get out of here L.A.R.P.E.R

What does he think of Hitler and democracy?

Oh boy, I can't tell you guys how much he despises the next influx of 'refugees'. Everytime somebody on TV is talking about it, he murmers something like "they're ruining our country" and calls it an invasion.

He says Germany is far better off in terms of poverty than ever. Walking around Berlin without barely ever seeing beggars shocks him to this day.

It was 1943, a tough year for the Wermacht. If he had been in the Hitler youth too, he probably signed up voluntarily.

What does he think of the migrant invasion thats happening today?

Don't paraphrase his answer either OP

This, fucking dumbasses

1 FUCKING CLICK TO CHECK A LARPER

Hey OP, those troops aren't even German they are Finnish.

This is all coming from your arse of course

Why did they have to go and loose? Ask him if he SEES what's happened? Ask him if Hitler might have built a time machine, does he know where it is? Can you somehow go back and FIX it?

>Before Hitler came to power was Germany really degenerate and if so where the Jews to blame?

> I am very interested in the German Civil War that broke out at the end of World War I. Was he taught in school about it? Is this something that every German understood and knew about and knew that the Communists were all Jews?

Ask him why his faggy generation sold out the West. Seriously ask him, please. I want to know.

sorry can't reveal his identity for security reasons

>inb4 jews

lol fuck off

Not him, he fought for the good side, even though a fuckton of Nazis surrendered unfortunately. I still want to know from his perspective why his peers decided to fuck the entire West for centuries to come.

Ask him why so many Nazis surrendered. If they hadn't surrendered they might have actually won.

Could you provide examples of large amounts of German Soldiers surrendering prematurely/needlessly during WW2?

Why did you post a picture of Finnish soldiers?

Wow a new low get gassed you chimp comie not only did you not deliver now you lie. Shill! KYS

Oh right, a simple misunderstanding.

Because of some lack of respect for """war principles"""? lol I can't wait for the next round, rosbif.

Ask him if he had any bad trips from that pervitine they were running on the whole war.

This is actually insanely cool OP, My grandfather who is 90 was in the 30th infantry division in world war 2. I would love for you to rely a few messages back to me

First one: What did he think of American Troops during the war? Was their a certain stereotype for them?

second: Who did he see combat with? and where was he stationed?

Pic related is my Grandpa.

1/ are you going to post a thread tomorow with his anwers?
2/ ask him what he personally thinks/taught of Hitler and the NSDAP, Goebbels in particular.
3/ what was the education like, what did they prepare for in life?

I can partially answer that.

My great grandma, before se died, had a lot of stories from war times. She always claimed that when german soldiers were marching through their village, they were always polite and paid for everything they took.

On the other hand, when russians came through, they just kicked in the doors of random houses and took whatever they wanted. Also, villagers had to hide young girls in cellars etc. because ruskies were masters of rape.

it's not the French, it's the "French"

Arab troops raped everything.

Pretty much the same stories where I live

Handsome dude good genes

>Walking around Berlin without barely ever seeing beggars shocks him to this day

When I was in Berlin, I saw quite a few of them, and even saw a guy who looked like he went swimming in a septic tank. Dude was soaking wet with piss and smelled so fucking bad that people were crossing the street to stay away from him. To this day, I have never smelled anything as bad as this guy did

No question, just tell him a guy on the internet tells him: "thank you for your service, and that I hope I would be able to rise to the occasion in the same manner he did he put his life on the line in order to defend evropa, and even though the attackers, and not the defenders won, the spirit he fought for lives on."

Tell him.

This is him now! Still kickin, this was taken though I think around 1 and half years ago.

God bless him

thanks man! he loves hearing about younger generations take interest in his generation!

>Arab troops raped everything.
True but it's not like war was a picnic, few troops can claim to have a clean record, so imagine the colonial hordes.
L'assaut sur le corps des femmes est le plus petit dénominateur commun de tous les conflits.

Ask him what he thought of Churchill at the time

Those few troops happen to be right next to you on both ends.

Both Germany and Britain managed, but France didn't.

>Germany
>clean record
topkek

The communist were run by jews

>If they hadn't surrendered they might have actually won

They fought long after the war was functionally, practically, and tactically lost. 120,000 men defending Berlin, outnumbered by at least 3 to 1 filthy Mongolian savages. Sometimes outnumbered by 12 to 1.