WHY HASNT ANYONE YET HACKED A MARS ROVER ???

WHY HASNT ANYONE YET HACKED A MARS ROVER ???

To hack a rover you would have to hack a satellite first to send the signal you fucking bosnian retard.

this

you can't be stupid enough to try that, if you have the resources to even do it.

What would you even do with it anyway?

Sending something to space is exspensive closet we got is a weather balloon.

so why hasnt anyone hacked satellite then ???
its not like its not doable and hacking into rover would give you clear picture of what really is going on

Drawing a penis

>implying it's even real
top kek

No you wouldn't you'd just need to hack the rover somewhere in the arizona desert.

+blackmailing nasa and/or selling valuable information

Can't argue with that

You would need some pretty Good antennas. Also you would be a fool not to use encryption. Which you would have to break after you reverse engineered the packet structure and then when you Got all that Down you can get to reverse Engineering the command protocols.

Has happened plenum of times. You can read pager messages and SMS Texas straight from iridium satellites with a fucking DVB dongle

I want a space robot and I want it now!

not even satellite, link with "deep space network" radiotelescopes is required to communicate

Twitch plays space drones.

well then why hasnt some autistic fuckko already hacked and gained full control of the rover , unlike hacking radio shows this has some profit/value

Because it's not worth the trouble.

No wonder you're an American

>not worth the trouble
>millions of $$$

because there's no such thing as space

And probably prison from life

if someone already has skills high enough to hijack a rover on mars i doubt it would be trouble for him to hide himself from the c y b e r p o l i c e

I would imagine that the punishment wouldn't be jail time.
Who says nobody hasn't done it? What's more important is how they silenced if they did.

Nasa be like muh drones

>2k17
>No AIs tracking you

Watch Dogs 3 deploy sattelite into space hack rover discover aliens forever bigfoot club.

Pretty sure a gouvernement organisation is gonna find quite fast, but I guess I can't stop you from doing it

because there is maybe 3 hackers in the world good enough to and none of them give a fuck about the rover considering the shitstorm that would immediately ensue

Write "KEK WILLS IT," transmit photos, then drive it off a cliff.

Silly white cave ape, ain't no cave ape creations on mars. The only way past the Van Allen Radiation belt is the Mother Wheel which won't return until the pyramids are reactivated through the power of melanin.
At which point in time all black people of the world will be transported onto the mother wheel and to mars and beyond leaving yall white apes to suffer and weep without us.
PS The earth is flat and so is space, dumby

why not ransomware the rover and demand the moon??????????????????

The encryption key to get access is probably at least 5 gbs long, let alone the security protocols to actually get access to their server.

>send 1 worth of moon

oh please how hard can it be
rover needs signals to work right
just create same signal receptor and throw rocks at the nasa receptor so it wouldnt work
and the rover connects to you , you win

Someone give that man some bitcoins. That made me chuckle

You're right, it would be a 7 or 8 figure salary.

And they will give you a 6 figure salary to work for them, he'll, might even get 7 figures

Do you know the password Bosnia-kun?

I saw an article somewhere on the ((((deep web)))) about hacking sattelites. Apparently it's doable with pretty small budget, as sattelites don't really have security against hacking. There are even software tools created for this, but they only allow viewing info and not changing anything, for obvious reasons. And it's pretty damn complicated, as you have to time when sattelite passes over your head precisely and there's very little time to do it. Some cool shit.

Already been done

What about that encrypted happy merchant pic broadcasted over some military radio or some shit. That was pretty cool too.

gunna need a source on this

>implying Sup Forums people are smart
>rover made by top notch scientists
>security system beyond comprehension
>stay in school OP

Command and control signals are all encrypted on satellites of course dummy.

On the other hand there are many satellites which are disused but functional, Brazilians have hacked the shit out of an old and unused US military satellite used as a radio repeater since like a decade ago. However, they never "hacked" it, because its command and control, like all satellites, operates on an encrypted link and you need the proper credentials to actually cause it to fire thrusters or deploy systems or whatever. They just figured out the proper tones and such to allow them to open the radio repeater.

Because they don't exist.

because space is a lie

Simple: the rovers don't last long. The reason why is funny; the solar panels get dirty from the windstorms and block out the sunlight. Then they just die.
Plus, there's the signal problems: getting a strong enough transmitter that can't be traced (good luck with that) and line of sight isn't good as both Earth and Mars are rotating and orbiting on separate paths.
And if you did, then what? Rover can't do very much.

Hacking isn't some magic power. Some things are just unreasonable to hack. It's not like your shitty movies where you slap your face on your keyboard and then you're in.

>Simple: the rovers don't last long
Opportunity is now on day 5123 of its 90 day mission

as long as they keep moving their solar panels are actually blown clear, only when they become stationary do they get covered