Billions invested in immortality solutions

Amazon's Jeff Bezos
Google's Sergey Brim
Oracle's Larry Ellison
PayPal's Peter Thiel

...have collectively invested over $2 BILLION into life prolonging research.

They're basically saying fuck it, we're getting old, and we can't spend all this money in a single lifetime, might as well.

Meanwhile Bill Gates has pledged 99% of his fortune on charity.

Other urls found in this thread:

catholic.org/featured/headline.php?ID=122
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamadermatology/article-abstract/2642914
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's in good shape. Good man. I plan to stayed jacked until I'm dead.

"Charity"

It's his own fucking foundation. He's invested in a job and future for his children forever

And he's invested in Africa. Not the US. So he can fuck right off

100% agree. Curing a million people of Malaria to leave in shitty conditions is not exactly the work of an angel.

Was gonna say, looks like he's got god-level old man strength.

>By 2040
>Projected
>Might not even happen
>Spend billions upon billions in not only private funds but also government subsidies until then

We've found cures for diseases in shorter times. To hope that the Gates foundation is going to cure Malaria for a million people in a shitty place to begin with in 30 years or more (hopefully) and then claim the guy is an angel is retarded

He's making more than he's putting down. His wealth is increasing, exponentially.

Don't praise someone who hasn't done shit but talk a nice talk for 20 years

It's mostly likely testosterone. It's pretty safe to take when you're in your 50s and your natural supply is decreasing.

His wealth is increasing because of compound interest.

immortality could be a short as 20 years away, that is to say. Anyone alive at the time had a 99% chance to live forever because of life extension advancements outrunning lifespans

Yuri Vlasov clean and jerked 180kg in his 70s. Plenty of shit is possible.

Yes. He is not using the wealth he is making for charity. He is still just making more and more wealth, which will all eventually be transferred to his shitty foundation that hasn't achieved shit for 20 years

>people still think these companies and foundations want to cure anything

Nigger the last 2 things we cured were small pox and polio. They taught big pharmacy 1 thing:

There's no money in the cure. The money is in the treatment. If you keep them just alive enough to afford the next payment to keep living you just gained a sustained income.

Cancer will NEVER be cured.
Alzheimers will NEVER be cured.
AIDS will NEVER be cured.
Parkinsons will NEVER be cured.

Why? Because each new patient for these and every other terrifying life destroying disease is worth more being kept just alive enough for that next shekel exchanged for continued life.

Immortality for the masses will NEVER happen because the fear of death is how you manipulate the masses.

There is another option. Is that we are not smart enough to cure aging and will never cure it.

The lifeforce delegates Dahnald...

>Meanwhile Bill Gates has pledged 99% of his fortune on charity.

Do you even know anything about anything?

Are you STUPID or a shill?

With those volumes you dont pledge shit to shit, you merely move money around, making even more money

An Umbrella scenario is realistic at this point. I'm against all of the god awful neo left bullshit but the future of mankind requires people get its medical future out of the hands of pharmaceutical companies.

Vaccination is now mandatory. Providers of the vaccine make bank because literally every single person has to take it. But not everyone got Polio. You're out of your element, mate

To be honest this is just throwing money at the problem, I guess the research firms are happy and all. I can see them living longer, 10 maybe even 20 years, even thats optimistic, immortality with todays science is impossible.

Willingly being trapped in their physical vessel forever, nerds will never be smart

>There's no money in the cure. The money is in the treatment. If you keep them just alive enough to afford the next payment to keep living you just gained a sustained income
And then a bio pharma startup comes up with a cure and puts everyone making treatments out of business, and makes tons of money.

Your argument is dumb.

2 Billion? Hate to break it, but that might as well be nothing. Probably a liquidation meme

I admit, I put that there for contrasting effect.

How the research work at the moment is not along the lines of "oh we can extend life by 5 years, soon we'll be able to do 10 years etc."

We are still in the process of understanding the mechanism, which means we could be even centuries away from extending life at all.

For now you're better off exercising and eating fruit and vegetables.

When the last AUSCHWITZ-BIRKENAU "survivor" dies, (((They)))'ll have a safe backup project.

DONATE GOYM. WE WUZ GODZ N' SHIEET

You need to go back.

I wish these morons would invest in eugenics. like set up genius sperm banks or genius donor networks. if there are no more smart people, then there won't be a cure to mortality discovered.

Gonna be funny when these cultural fads like "muh singularity" fade away and all these people are forced to confront their mortality

>mfw there are people reading this thread who think immortality is "inevitable"

you're all gonna die

If you're still alive in 25 to 50 years you're probably never going to die as you join mankind in its ascension.

No wonder they're desperate.

This.

Also people forget that not everybody going through medical school is doing it to make money. Plenty of people there because they are self-interested in making landmark discoveries and helping people in a practical and useful way (as opposed to obese lesbians flailing their arms at retarded politicians who have 0 practocal experience in any field other than law or politics).

>he thinks these potentialities aren't considered

How many pepole you think have cured a major disease and suddenly wound up dead at the bottom of a ravine or found themselves suddenly suffocating from a garret or a plastic bag or got so deprested they just up and shot themselves in the back of the head 4 times.

Big Pharma makes billions off the masses being just healthy enough to keep paying. The instant someone threatens to upset that gravy boat is the instant they die faster than a Clinton enemy and their work mysteriously disappears.

Big oil does the same ahit. They buy and bury any tech that could threaten their market domination or like hybrids/electric cars, turn it into a carnival sideshow that's so inefficient and cost prohibitive as to be worthless.

I hated this meme but now I miss it :(

Gilead Sciences recently cured hepatitis C. They created immense value relative relative to chronic treatment methods and made a boatload for early investors but are currently struggling to replicate their success.

They also have a line of business treating HIV/AIDS including Truvada which is basically birth control for AIDS. Fags can have unprotected sex without passing the virus. But a couple ran wild with dozens of partners and still managed to catch it.

48% of medical students are there for the money, another 48% are there because of prestige or because their parents forced them. Only a handful at each university are actually interested in medicine, and those do not work in hospitals or at pharma companies, they work in research.

None.
>Gilead Sciences recently cured hepatitis C
I was about to use this example, they bought the cure from a start up of 2 University professors for tons of money and made even more money themselves.

Funny how the price peaked the same time the first dividend was paid

>How many pepole you think have cured a major disease
Individual people don't cure diseases anymore. Anybody can have a good idea but you'll need to sell out to a bigger company with the resources to develop it into a usable treatment. You're talking about wiping out dozens or even hundreds of scientists.

bull
shit

Africa is a developing market they can sell drugs and products to. Gates is not to be trusted.

Why not hair prolonging research.

$2 billion is not that much really.

>Bill Gates is spending his fortune saving 3ยบ world dumb niggs
WHAT A FUCKING KEK

You just need to have money

Apocalypse can't come soon enough.

The first fucks I want offed are pieces of shit like Bezos. Bitch doesn't deserve immortality.

Your numbers are meaningless as a comparison.
Also, "charity" is screamingly overdue for merciless government action. Not just Bill Gates' tax dodge but all down the line. Salvation Army is good, a very few others are good, but charities have proliferated, exploited a situation of no enforcement, and in some cases done flagrantly illegal and dangerous things. In a just world all members of the terrorist state actor MSF would be shot.

That's cute, isn't a time for bed Cuckistani?
That nigger lover is obviously not sitting on his cash, he still gets dividends from Microdick and you're even more retarded than I thought if you presume he does t have millions in hedgefunds.

Measles as well you dumb fat nigger.

They already have people claiming in total seriousness that being the child or grandchild of a "survivor" is itself a comparably traumatic experience.

His """""charity""""" consists of helping and increasing the population of the cancer known as niggers.

and into the hands of the government? fuck off Obama.

How is cryonics so unpopular?

Do these idiots realize they can pump they could liquidate all of their assets, pump it in to research, and they will still die. They're too old, their bodies are too fucked, and it will take too long to find a solution.

They will die. And I have a bridge to sell you if you think they care about anyone's (including their genetic offspring's) lives other than theirs.

These people are likely attempting to delay their own particular judgement

(Matthew 19:16-30)

catholic.org/featured/headline.php?ID=122

"Blessed are the poor in spirit" (Matthew 5:3)

Dumb cucktholics need to be thrown out at sea with the refugees they love so much

Weak
Lings

May God have mercy on your soul

Damn, when did Bezos get jacked? He looks like he walked out of an 80's action movie.

I can't be impressed with fit people that wealthy. When you can pay someone to literally slap the food out of your hands and hook you up to a machine that works out for you (not to mention the medically safe and controlled steroid refining), I don't feel inspired.

The tricks they (biotech/medicine/pharma companies) are finding now on basically on weekly basis to fix all kinds of age related damage is astounding.

Just this few past days they managed to reverse hair greying which is the first in history according to my shitty knowledge. Worked in 13 out of 14 cases (might have worked in all 14 cases but something happened to the number 14)

>link to the paper
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamadermatology/article-abstract/2642914

Does he set up in countries with particularly poor birth records?

this is crazy, does it also prevent hairloss?

The favorite quip of highly qualified biologists right now is that this generation will die, but in a few more generations we won't be able to say for sure.

Because it doesn't work. It's an option for rich people that want a beautifull covered up lie, thinking we'll ever know how to savely unfreeze and revive the human body in a frozen state. I don't think it's possible desu. Its the same as asking a fortune teller to let you talk to your dead parents. Idle hope..

Hair dyes do this for probably 1/100th of the cost and with no medical side effects. And you can change the color.

Hair dye eventually dmages your hair even more. It might not be cost-effective (yet) but nontheless it's of great importance to conduct and learn from these experiments.

heh heh. YOU'RE GONNA DIE someday

Never understood that... why not just shave your head bald and look alpha?

This is only biological immortality though. You could still eventually die from some kind of accident, murder, suicide, etc.

>Because it doesn't work.
Yet. Meanwhile you have billions of people following organized religions with the hopes of gaining immortality, which are far less likely to work than cryonics.

Transhumanism will make eugenics obsolete.

Just because the propabillity of me winning the lottery is higher than me teleporting to mars doesn't mean it's likely to assume i'll ever win the lottery.

Bald/balding men should be culled.

Bill needs to finish that virus that kills all the niggers.

because learning about various ways your body depreciates is not worth it, because you can produce the same cosmetic effect with a dye

get out of here you pleb...

That really isn't that much money when you consider the collective wealth between them.

It's not like HT's cost that much money nowadays.

So half of all men. Got it.

He looks like he's on tha jooce.