Drumpf is doing so bad he is turning away long term Republicans and making them go Democrat

Drumpf is doing so bad he is turning away long term Republicans and making them go Democrat.

chicagonow.com/politics-now/2017/07/44-years-a-republican-1-year-an-independent-today-im-joining-the-democratic-party/

>Why I left the GOP:

>Hate and paranoia have become an ideological principle in the GOP. The common view is the poor are thieves and stealing taxpayer's money. They point to social programs as having failed to end poverty. Social programs are not designed to end poverty. They are designed to keep you alive while an individual tries to find another pathway in life.

>They are trade protectionists and isolationists. This is the final betrayal of Ronald Reagan.

>They blame the victims. In fact, they have a false victimhood that they are actually the victims of the poor. They point to a mother on food stamps with an iPhone in her hand as "evidence" of theft. Did they ever stop to think that maybe a family member in better circumstances gave her that iPhone?

>With competition, which the GOP claims is a very conservative idea, the prices on smartphones have dropped dramatically along with the cost of service. Why shouldn't a poor person have access to the rest of the world? Their view that I've read a hundred times if I have read it once. The resentment of the poor only continues the poverty and despair of the poor.

>The GOP is xenophobic. The day we lose the melting pot is the day we lose America. I wrote about that yesterday which you can read by clicking here.

>The GOP is overtly racist and unapologetic for it. They can talk about how much they love Israel but that doesn't stop them from being anti-semitic. They love the Jews "over there," but the Jews under their very noses? Not so much. This week, I have been told I am a kike which is not a term of endearment and told there is an oven with my name on it. I belong in an oven because I don't agree with conservatives. That sums up today's GOP.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailywire.com/news/15654/new-poll-shows-96-trump-supporters-would-vote-him-frank-camp#exit-modal
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why I'm joining the Democratic Party:

I am opposed to racism. I abhor racism, bigotry, and antisemitism. It is not "just an opinion" by "average citizens." It is a vile practice that is to be stood against whenever, and wherever it happens. The GOP is giving safe haven to the racists who flocked to the party after President Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act. Based on a principle of human dignity, the Democratic Party said goodbye to the racists and they ran into the outstretched arms of the GOP.

The Democratic Party may not agree, but they listen. The far left is rigid and dogmatic but the average Democrat may not agree with you but they will listen to what you have to say. I am pro business, and so is the Democratic Party. It is now the home of Free Trade. The GOP is now the home of trade protectionism.

The Democratic Party does not hate science. They recognize throwing what we throw in the air and water will kill us all eventually. Richard Nixon knew that too which is why he pushed for and signed into law the Clean Air and established the EPA. As a result, the Great Lakes are no longer in danger of catching on fire as they were in the 60s and 70s. There are no more killer smogs that took lives. For younger Republicans google killer smog and see what we used to contend with. It was a problem Richard Nixon fixed, and now you are trying to break it again.

The Democratic Party supports collective bargaining. I can't say I am in love with Unions, I am not in love with them. However, I am in love with the Constitution of the USA and collective bargaining is a right under the First Amendment of the Constitution. I support that right for the same reason I support the right to own a firearm under the Second Amendment of the Constitution. If we find a way of end running any Amendment then we have just made the Constitution a meaningless document.

The Democratic Party believes everyone is entitled to dignity. The GOP is wrong on Healthcare along with nearly all social issues. Their proposals strip the poor, the elderly, and minorities of basic human dignity.

This was not an easy step. In the 80s, I was an advocate of trickle- down economics as the solution to our economic ills. It is hard to admit I was wrong. The theory sounds nice, but as evidence has shown, it is a myth. Educated Republicans understand income distribution is out of whack and are seeking ways of correcting the ill. They are running up against the rank ignorance brought into the party and exploited by the party.

I spoke with a relative who is still solid GOP and he acknowledged all my concerns as being factual. He asked me to stay in the party and fight for its soul. There is nothing left to fight for. His comment about a soul was interesting. That is the problem with the GOP. It has lost its soul.

It has no compassion, it has no empathy, it is just a collection of self-centered individuals who care about nothing outside of their own lives. There is not a bigger picture, there is only self-absorption with the GOP.

Will I be welcomed into the Democratic Party with open arms? That is highly doubtful. Like the GOP, they are wary and suspicious of anyone who was not born into the party. I won't be trusted, I won't be given party responsibilities or jobs as I was with the GOP. What I do care about is I will have a voice in the debate. As a member of the party, they can't exclude me. My voice will be heard. From what I have experienced so far, excluding people is a GOP move for control and not something the Democrats tend to do.

I am now a Democrat. As I look at the words, there is a tinge of remorse and sadness. Sad because of what the GOP that I spent a lifetime serving has become. As I look at the words, I also realize I have recaptured my soul. That is not a statement the GOP can truthfully make.

I pray they can recapture it one day, but I don't think I will see it in my lifetime. You have to have empathy to have a soul.

Try harder, this is hilarious.

>giving safe haven to the racists who flocked to the party after President Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act

The Southern Strategy is a myth
Modern democrats can't stand their racist past and project onto the republican party, as usual

>>The GOP is overtly racist and unapologetic for it. They can talk about how much they love Israel but that doesn't stop them from being anti-semitic. They love the Jews "over there," but the Jews under their very noses? Not so much. This week, I have been told I am a kike which is not a term of endearment

And there you go the real and only reason he is jumping ship.

One supposed instance does not a trend make.
Fucking modern "journalism".

> Chicago

is this nigger serious?

who the hell is gonna take advice from a bankrupted city?

Jews:
>White when they need to be, not when they don't
>Republicans when it benefits them, democrat when it doesn't

Why is this even a story?

#
Basically
>Republican only when you pledge alligiance to Israel and don't question Jewish nepotism.

Someone called him a kike he's mad because in the old days no one would do this and nanny state Republicans would end their lives but the internet makes this impossible. Go on his Facebook read his posts and follow ups. Nothing but him mocking the right and saying how much he loves being a Democrat. During the election I flirted with going independent because I hated how Republicans weren't helping Trump but I would do so with a fucking heavy heart. I wouldn't go on Facebook and see fuck Republicans I love Democrats Republicans are evil. No one who was a member of a party for 40 years would jump ship easily and do that. In reality he is another cancerous boomer looking for attention and look at all the boomers especially woman cheering him on in the comments. That's all this is.

>I keep bumping my own thread because nobody is replying to my bait thread

Good thing I saged.

>making them go Democrat.
Is that why democrats are losing all those elections lately?
Gee wizz, he must be amazing at making new republicans then

>The GOP is xenophobic
Fake
>ChicagoNow.com
BRRRRAAAAAPPPPPTTTTT

You know how this is bs? Everything he hates Republicans for they always were. Everything he likes Democrats for they always were like. Plus his logic is fucking childish. He's whining that Republicans speculate and question a person on welfare who has an iPhone as he then speculates maybe a relative gave it to them for free? And the service too then? Wow this relative sounds wealthy why don't they help this person get a job?

dem supported slavery and created the kkk. Every month a Dam in office gets busted for pedophillia Dems are sick, stupid, hypocritical child molesters

This is what he's supposed to do.

Break the logjam and force realignment along an axis that mirrors today's reality rather than the crusty old post-war truths.

So it's more salt, eh?

I love it. Also probably trying to prepare to explain away the mass voter fraud the Democrats will give one last push for.

Exactly. Every fake right-wing faggot who says they're leaving the party makes me more and more happier.

I'm a Democrat because unlike Republicans, I actually enjoy having an economy.

They threatened this since the beginning. No one cares.

>Democrat
>flag
kys

hi

This wall -o-text
who gives a fuck lul this fake ass shiiit

fuck off OP lmao

>why i joined the democratic party
>i suddenly decided to buy into the same shit dems have been spouting for 20 years
>t. Not a shill
Seems legit

lol'd

I voted Republican all my left until 2016. Trump really did make me not support the party. I voted Libertarian in 2016.
Is there a party that is a mix of Libertarianism and big government? That would be a good choice.

You realize that it's basically the policies of the previous administration coming into full swing in the next, right ?

>This week, I have been told I am a kike

No gonna lied, is fun to see the nuclear code crash and burn, but let's keep the code away from Trump.

dailywire.com/news/15654/new-poll-shows-96-trump-supporters-would-vote-him-frank-camp#exit-modal

Wow so the Left really has nothing better to write about than a fucking Reddit post probably written by a shill?

>long time neocons
Ftfy

>Libertarian
>big government

Yeah good luck with that dumb fuck. The two are the antithesis of each other.

Kek, the oven memes really get to the kikes

LMAO.
Fake and Gay

It is truly hilarious that you fools at shartblue are so out of ideas you think blatant fairy tales will gain traction

Sage

Great. Now show me the one with the debt

I saw the article but haven't read it yet. I find a lot of Trump supporters are woefully ignorant of basic facts and science. In the long run it will lead to the ruin of their party, and push the Democrats further to the left. A prospect I don't like.

>but they listen

Wrong.

>In the long run it will lead to the ruin of their party, and push the Democrats further to the left. A prospect I don't like.
Meanwhile back in reality; Democrats have lost the last 5 special elections.

They are 0 for 5 post Trump.

Sure thing cunt.

Count me in.

Listen, hugbox redditors. Not everyone who disagrees with you is deep into psyops or a shill. Some people just disagree. For instance, me.

Rural white voter here. Voting for Trump was possibly the biggest mistake of my life. Probably the worst president we've had in the last 500 years. We must impeach him now and lock up his most fervent supporters. The travel ban is racist and the white house is literally full of islamophobic texts and art. Hate can only be defeated by destroying it from the top down.

On top of his blatant racism, now he is literally destroying the planet earth and ruining young and promising female entertainers' lives. What about our children? Do the right thing, fellow rural white voters. Call your senator or congressman and set things right.

At least false flag when you do that.

Ya cunt.

>Rural white voter here
>t. forgot to use proxy

Do you really imagine someone refers to themselves as "rural white voter"?

sage

> Not getting the sarcasm in the bantz

You two need to lighten up and have a giggle sometime.

Please note that I did say "in the long run". A couple elections in heavily Republican districts does not a trend make.

you are full blown mentally retarded

Trump dindu nuffin