Why don't we just burn garbage?

Why don't we just burn garbage?

We used to in Canada when I was a kid but then we stopped, but then the garbagemen went on strike and it piled up on the streets until our Mayor Rob Ford (may he rest in peace) privatised it and now it's perfect. We still dump a lot of sewage and garbage into the rivers and lakes though. Canada is an American liberals worst nightmare

Who says they don't?

In Canada we ain't afraid of a little pollution, when I was a kid I remember smog in summer meant I could barely see the tree across the road, and having to roll (physically roll) the window up when driving by the lake. And I'm healthier than any of these pinko leftist nutjobs born since 9/11

The EPA.

We should throw it into volcanos

Massive pollution.

We do
California always burns

Pic related, we have so much industry that a city of 100k has more "pollution" than New York or London, but everyone is happier and richer because we don't outsource jobs

I like to breathe.

set some garbage on fire then take a big sniff, that is why.

It doesn't cause breathing problems pinko leftist

Because so much of it is plastic. If we were to replace plastic packaging with paper, we would obviate the need for landfills.

Home sweet home

smells like shit and a lot of the gases released are toxic.

>Why don't we just burn garbage?
By garbage I assume you mean liberals.

People are too afraid of some chimney stacks, we need to remove ALL environmental regulations they destroy business, a 100 years ago any man with the money could open a factory. Now nobody can because he government is so afraid of th chimney smoke they'll fine you
The distillery district in Toronto should have shops it should make the worlds whiskey again
Garment district should have clothing factories

We should tear down every single condo along the water front and rebuild every factory and make Canada an industrial super power
We didn't go through the industrial revolution to turn back the clock on progress

it's pretty fucking toxic. Also alot of information can be gathered from garbage dumbs.

100% false
It's cleaner because it doesn't go in a dump

Environmental? No. Emissions, sure. Mostly anyway.

Because the fumes from the trash would create too many stars and there would be no dark time because the night sky would be bright with stars

We have a trillion acres of water, we have 10% of all the worlds water. Who cares if we dump into the lake? We have a billion more to get water from

Hate to sound like a libshit, but burning garbage would be a huge waste of precious resources.

Organics should be used as fertilizer, whereas glass metal and plastics should be recycled.

In a few hundred years, when we are running out of shit, landfills will be gold mines.

And this isn't because I care about the environment, but because I want my great x10 grandchildren to not be cavemen.

We need to get on that space elevator shit. Then we'll just send it up and rocket it to the sun.

That would be extremely expensive.

>rocket the garbage into the sun
yeah lets waste resources to get rid of wasted resources

Not that I want to say anything specifically, but Ukraine can't handle its garbage and it produces crisis situations. This is top news over there, pundits talk about risks of infections spreading over the country.

It is a marker of basic governmental abilities, government officials know what to do with the garbage.

They burn garbage every once and awhile, just not that much because it reeks

At Bagram, I'd walk to chow at night and see clouds of smoke from the dump fire roll across the airfield. I had to walk through it to eat. I would dry heavy for the 100 yards it took to cross the smoke. I can hardly run two miles now, expecting something bad to develope in a few years.
They burned everything, tires, batteries, garbage it all went in.

Jews

In the south we literally do, try camping in in the South, you'll probably have to clean trash out of your firepit

We should use Nazi technology. We could burn 6 million pounds and leave no trace.

I suppose you were just gonna bury it and forget about it until it becomes a problem for the next generation, just like the boomers?

The space elevator would be an essential tool in logistics at that point. How else would we get resources into orbit when we eventually explore the stars? As for transporting it to the sun, it wouldn't have to be a rocket. Maybe more like a nuclear-powered space tug that pushes a giant container on the right trajectory.

More like 6 hundred million pounds

>polluting the air
>literally killing yourself
You are a retard. You lose a lot of live quality and you shorten your life from like 100 years to 35 year with cancer.

we do, if gives the planet that nice smoky smell we all like and turns into stars

Why don't we just burn Jews?

We do

Towns in south Alaska don't have space for landfills so many burn their garbage.
The problem is that trash has a certain amount of lead and mercury so the solid remains have to be watched carefully so it doesn,t ruin water supplies. That means that garbage is the most expensive utility for parts of Alaska

Nobody cares about you Sweden

I do burn garbage. I got a nice burn barrel on my farm. Sure does save a lot of dumpster pick up fees.