>Entire family is 100-105 IQ
>I got myself tested, ended up being 135

How is that possible Sup Forums?

Also pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XqS2g5WlMgM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you=outlier

You probably took one of those shitty internet tests where everyone scores 30 points above their real IQ.

this

You're probably a bastard. Go look for your real daddy Bastardo

I did the mensa one while i was abroad a couple of months ago. So i think it's fairly accurate.

I think i "guessed" some answer by pure luck so maybe the score should be a bit lower

IQ is a meaningless and somewhat arbitrary, number peasant. Nothing more

I am an identical copy of my dad. I am sure my parents are my biological ones.

You have hit the genetic lottery in this Trait user. Is there any others in your family tree with 130+ IQ

> How is that possible Sup Forums?
> Poltard
> high iq
it's impossible

IQ doesn't mean jack fucking shit if you don't put it to use.

>(((intelligence quotient)))

Fuck off faggot

Not that i know of, maybe some distant relative?

I am the first of my family that even gets a university degree

muh iq points

i love having a british flag

This.

Also you might find that your nonno was intelligent and your dad was the pleb son.

Let me tell you something about pain:

>family of 5
>am the oldest child, have younger sister & youngest brother
>dad is general practice doc
>mom is expert in antique art
>sister is studying to become engineer. skipped two classes in highschool because she is so talented
>younger brother is going to an expensive private middle school and doing well
>Everyone is between 115 - 129 IQ
>I am 89

[spoiler]I once found the results of a paternity test in my dads study some years back. I am such a disappointment to him that he actually thought my mother cheated on him when she became pregnant with me.

>I DID A TEST ON THE INTERWEBS GUISE AND IT SAID I IS SMARTS

dayum mang, that's... that's unfortunate as fuck.

Same except none of it matters because I was also diagnosed with ADD, cant afford the medication, and I feel myself get more stupid every day.

Flynn effect
Education
Shit internet test

sry lad
I shagged ur mum

>serious 3 hours long IQ test
>20 min online IQ test

You couldn't be more right. Internet IQ tests really are a bad way to measure the IQ

Rape your sister user, its the only way you can save your shit genes. 80% of genes comes from the mother anyway, also make sure your kids marries to smarter kids.

it means you're a fool for thinking that IQ tests mean anything at all

yeah those filthy verified 3 hour mensa test. get real brainlet.

Your intelligence always comes from one of your mother's parents. You just need a intelligent grandfather or grandmother and it's done.

low IQ brainlet identified

It's called a normal distribution
Even a couple both having IQ of 150 will have children that revert to the mean (i.e. not much more than 100)
Hereditary traits probably only account for 10 or so IQ points, the rest is random

found another brainlet

IQ tests are of extreme significance
if you look at any successful physicist or mathematician their first page of CV is dedicated solely to the various IQ tests they took
it's a well guarded secret that top universities like Harvard/MIT hire PhD students solely based on IQ

>brainlet

I'm an engineering grad student with various distinctions that put me at the top of my school, so I'm probably not an idiot.

>engineering
idiot confirmed lol

They took real tests while you took the internet test?

There is something to be said for people who are an outlier when it comes to intelligence.

It's been often referred to being the difference between someone who goes on to great things and someone who becomes turbo-autist.

>my 4 siblings are all successful, all earning over 30 grand a year
>im neet
How is that possible?

wrong

IQ is mostly genetics and the strongest correlation is with the mother, some genes were found in the X chrom and they were shown to have a meaningful correlation with IQ.

minus and minus gives plus

ok, I'll belive you then, but:

>people involved in the psychology field agree that IQ is meaningful and that it's inheritable.

the opposite was promoted by literal marxists, in the actual field the meaningfulness of IQ is pretty much accepted. IQ can predict a bunch of things like academic success and future income.

>(((IQ tests)))
take any IQ test and solve it picking random answers as fast as you can. then substract the result from your 135.

>I got myself tested

As i said, i went abroad, I did the 3 hour long mensa one. I even said it at another post, but hey nevermind reading all the thread right?

quite the contrary, they took the internet one (the test.mensa.no) and they came up with around 110 or less , i did the real one

Finally, thanks for the answers

OW FUCK BILL WHY

Being successful is earning over 30K a year??? That below poverty level around here. You couldn't even rent a shitty apartment and fees yourself for that much, and I don't even live in an expensive part of the country.

IQ doesn't mean anything

t. 123 iq

wrong
I didn't say IQ is not genetics
I said it's mostly not hereditary, that's an important difference
Of course there's statistically significant correlation but at most about 10 points or so, the rest is random

IQ tests are bullshit indicators of success. In my experience the greatest indicator is "grit". Best way to build grit is thru exposure to hunger and hardship when young coupled with desire for improvement.

why are so much of you guys IQ deniers? Are you guys resentful for being dumb or just fell for the marxist meme? Leftists hate IQ because they hate anything that can be used to rank people(because losers hate to be ranked), also IQ tests destroy their fantasies that they're smarter than anyone else. But why do right wing Sup Forumstards deny IQ?

There may be some correlation, no doubt, even if not everybody agrees on how meaningful it is. As far as discussion on Sup Forums goes, it's not much different from high-schoolers that take Myers-Briggs personality tests too seriously.

What you call "grit" is probably what psychologists measure as conscientiousness (big 5 personality model, and together with intelligence it is the best predictor of success)

>t. never worked with low IQ people
Sub 85 are barely functional, what we consider simple tasks are difficult to teach them to do. Most get weeded out in school and you've probably never had to interact with any

Let's test it.
Are you for or against open borders and limitless "immigration" to your shores??

not everybody believes you can meaningfully and accurately measure intelligence with a single number, that's all.

The significance of IQ is overrated. In real life it's close to irrelevant as a measure of success. Also only people with low self-esteem care much about their IQ.

this

Everybody has different priorities and measures of success in their life.

> He got below 110

If you are a laborer then your IQ won't have as much bearing on your success as how hard you work. But if you want to move on from that and become a successful owner of, say, a construction company, then you'd better believe IQ is relevant. And if you want to be a successful physicist or mathematician then don't even bother if your IQ is not at least 130.

my iq is 94 and im in uni studying psychology

But why? psychologists agree that it's very meaningful. Also, I'm not claiming that it can describe you with a single number, just that it is a very good indicator of success.

>"The significance of IQ is overrated. In real life it's close to irrelevant as a measure of success"

No it's not irrelevant, that's what stupid marxists claim. If you pick a group of high IQ people(ashkenazi jews) and then compare to group of low IQ people(niggers) do you really think that, even if both have the same socio-economic status, they'll end up having the same success or that the differences won't be meaningful?

Youre a nigger, op youtu.be/XqS2g5WlMgM

Open borders is madness, you have to be dumb to see how much this kind of immigration policy could be exploited by migrants and government/corporations. The only way i could see it somehow functioning is removing the welfare state altogether (since is one of the main reason migrants move to other states) but even so it's not guaranteed to work, because you have to assume that every migrant comes with a clean criminal record and does not equate to a potential threat to the country.

I mean the list could go on forever but that's not the point of the thread so let's not derail it

Genes are still a lottery. You might have taken your grand-father genes.

No, psychologists don't agree that it's very meaningful. Non-shit psychologists only believe in empirical results, and are careful to make any blanket statements.

Maybe someone in your family got an inaccurate score, or there are plenty of smart people in your senpai but you simply don't interact with them or know about them.

you were born in an era where information is wild and free, and you have adequate access to such information which helped to develop you.

That, or good old genetic lottery and your family has more 130+ members than you think

This isn't your personal blog Toni. Fuck off. Sage.

No level of IQ prevents you from studying a book or practicing some skills. IMO it's about being in the right environment for it (see: maslow hierarchy), and having enough personal interest to maintain your determination.

t. nigger

You = well fed.

what's your point?
>No level of IQ prevents you from studying a book
If your IQ is less than 70 or 80 then you probably can't read a book above a grade 5 level if you can even read at all. It absolutely can prevent you from doing things

>your parents didnt feed you fish oil tablets as you were growing up and thus missed out on an extra few IQ
>your parents didnt start physical training from a young age and thus missed out on a decade of lifting

Many reasons, one being probability. If you don't understand that re: standard deviations from the mean under normal distributions, I would take another test. The first was probably a fluke numnuts.

no level of IQ can save you if you don't know how to read. It's not like even high IQ people can read a language they haven't studied.

are you saying a high energy highly motivated average iq person can out preform a low energy low motivated high iq person?

sure why not

Only iq matters.

do you even know what IQ is?

basically a guy noticed that there was a big correlation between intelligence tests(people who have good verbal skills also have good math skills and spatial skills... and so on). He then tried to find a common factor that would explain this success, he isolated this correlated number and called it general intelligence. Thus IQ was born.

it's not a "blanket statement", it's useful. This idea that IQ is meaningless and unscientific was popularised by a literal marxist jew(who isn't even a psychologist) in his popular book "The measmeasure of men" that was debunked time and time again. The problem is: the book sold a lot. People like to buy the idea that they're special snowflakes and that everyone is intelligent in some way, people hate to hear the truth: some people are simply smarter than you, deal with it.

That's the point. You can't read if you have a low IQ and you never will. You also won't be able to understand the same content in spoken form, or any other medium either. That's a pretty big barrier to performing in a lot of fields.

Im 138, although both parents are highly educated.

Anyway, its partially genetic, but genetics only determine "potential" and most people never meet it, so technically the genetic side is... not really relevant.

What really determines is society, stimulus, and education.

Read into Flynn effect.
Read into studies with feral children

And draw your own conclusions.
Feral children for example will never develop cognition beyond of an infant due to this.

I don't believe either of my parents has an IQ over 125-ish, yet my brother scored 147 and I scored 150(+), so shit happens. I might add it wasn't an online test, but rather a battery of tests over the course of a year so we could participate in guv'mint programs for the fifted and whatnot.

I believe it should be in the best interests of a coutry to foster high IQ populations, Singapore-style.

If your mother has either an intelligent mother or father you know where this high IQ came from.

The thing is, they are from rural areas and never studied; post-war Spain wasn't really the place to train one's intelligence. I might never know.

That said, my extended family isn't particularly bright, and there are differences between me and my brother, him being a proper normie.

How did you come to that conclusion?
Anybody can come up with a test with results that correlate with academic knowledge. At the end of the day, the empirical results of the test can only be taken at face value. Anything you extrapolate from them is guesswork.
Assuming you have a normal functioning brain, that shouldn't be a problem.

>plays a TF2 copy for 40$

Apprently IQ isn't everything

Its not entirely genetic. Read the vast majority is social/cultural/educational.

Put a white kid from super duper smart parents (btw this does not work, statistically smarter parents dont really get smarter kids when adjusting for education/money) in africa, and the child will be as dumb as the black kids around him.

Now, when you have equal access to education, here genetics will make a difference, with the same stimulus, same food, same culture, same education, then genetics will give you some advantage between peers. Otherwise, genetics matter little. Well, assuming kids are healthy and not retarded.

>Assuming you have a normal functioning brain, that shouldn't be a problem
Have you ever met someone with an IQ of 70? Almost by definition they don't have a normal functioning brain.

Mensa member here (136 IQ), ask me anything. I'm not trolling. I took the Weschlers Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS-IV) and scored 136, which by some standards is in the genius range.

That's not entirely true; performance may be streamlined in low stimulus environments, but as soon as you push toward excelence, genetics matter a lot. Intelligence is not that different from the other attributes that make a man.

>does not understand that sex sells, so posting a qt 3.14 pic will likely attract people to the thread

>>my 4 siblings are all successful, all earning over 30 grand a year
>>im neet
>How is that possible

The fact that you're brandishing a kekistani flag says a lot about how that is possible.

same here, my family is from 110 to 130, but I ended up 145+

*on an official psychiatric test that is

On what test?

That is what im saying.

And it will only breach the status quo of peers if you are genetic advantange, its the only scenario where it matters.

Before reaching that point, its determined by education

So let me get this straight:

Somebody didn't learn how to read.
Therefore they do poorly on an IQ test in reading comprehension.
Therefore they're too dumb to learn to read.

See the circular argument?

>but I ended up 145+

And yet you fail to use proper sentence structure or punctuation…...

It should be , but politician will never do it for two main reason i think

High IQ people will usually :
1) vote for less government, since they think they can do without the service offered by them or can provide for themselves
2) try to "become the government", for the whole "i am better than thou, so i should lead"

Is there a reputable online IQ test?

Well yeah, my parents fed me fish twice a week and forced me to play sports as a kid, guess that got me some points on the way