I had LASIK 2 years ago

I had LASIK 2 years ago

I went from +2.50 on my left, -1.75 on my right, and i had astigmatism on both.
Now i have fucking perfect vision

>using glasses/contacts in 2016

Are you fucking inbred and retarded?? Why do you use contacts/glasses in 2016??? its fucking stone age technology. Fucking grow up

>hurrdurr its expensive
Get a new jobb
>hurrdurr ur cornea will fall off meme
No its a fucking meme lie

Other urls found in this thread:

cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/thecureofimperfectsight.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_Seeing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My vision keeps changing slightly so I need to wait

I could easily afford it but the thought of complications scares the fuck out of me

I've been considering this, I have astigmatism and basically we're the best candidates.
I should get it done

>Letting the kikes alter your vision

Good goy.

Yep

>lasik
not lasek
it's like you don't even want to play pro football or become an astronaut

it's a little more painful, but far more durable especially when it comes to getting hit in the face. and you never know when you might get hit in the face

Cool. I'm currently an ophthalmology resident, not doing much with lasik but focusing on retinal surgery. Glad your eyes are better now.

I don't mind wearing glasses, so wheres the upside for me? Serious question.

do you know how to speak to a large crowd of any size? you take out your contacts nice going greatest idiot

Plan on doing it eventually. So it worked out good for you?

How long will it hold for you before you need to do it again? Surely it can't last you a lifetime.

also there's this new thing coming out that gives 10x better then 20/20 vision. they just stick a little lens in your eye like tiny contacts but permanent. it only takes a few minutes. it was invented a couple years ago so maybe it will be out in a few years. i dunno. i can't afford laser eyes anyways.

also sometimes you lose your night vision, it still happens

doesn't it come back after like 10 years?

This

I had -5.50 in one eye and -4.75 in the other. LASIK fixed that shit right up. Only issue i've had since then are weird halos around light sources in dim lighting, almost to the point of obstructing vision. Can make night driving a little iffy.

lasik eye surgery is 100% awesome

i unironically shill for it all the time to family and friends. it was the best money i've ever spent in my entire life

it's not even very expensive anymore. i would urge any of you guys reading this who wear glasses/contacts to look into getting lasik as soon as you can

Not everyone can have their sight fixed by surgery.

Got warranty until im 45+ years old
Then your eye starts to get just old

>fire lasers into my eyes and literally burn my eyes
>this cannot possibly end well

you do realize that eyesight deteriorates over time no matter what you do. If it was shit before, it's gonna be shit again

how much was it?

I'm not unhappy with glasses, I wear contacts from time to time.
But the problem is dry eyes and I've hard Lasik can make eyes dry so I'm not in the mood to fuck my shit up permanently. Also a lot of Lasik patients (with -) eventually end up with reading glasses anyway.

I know a guy

> Gets laser
> Perfect vision smug.jpg
> 2 years later complications, eyes worse than before laser, needs to wear sunglasses inside like he's from the matrix because light hurts his eyes

Yeah nope. I'll wait until the odds aren't one fuck up per 1000

I want to get the lasers so I can stop glasses wearing but it scares me. They put you to sleep during it?

>on topic

>He swallowed the LASIK jew.
>Doesn't cure his sight naturally.

cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/thecureofimperfectsight.pdf

>different vision in both eyes
How does anyone deal with this it seems annoying. My eyes are equally fucked and I never have to worry which contact goes in which eye

I have a very large pro quality machine tool shed. I wear special prescription ballistic glasses all the time so I don't lose an eye if I get inspired.

details?

No one cares about your eyes faggot. This isn't politics. Sage

>tfw -7 in right and 7.5 in left with astigmatism
I've asked my eye doctor about lasik and the answer I got did not inspire confidence.

well what can I say
I guess I rather have lasik shills on Sup Forums than the JIDF

Glasses can be an annoyance, but they provide better vision, especially when driving at night.

thanks for the virus you nigger

You have personal experience with this?

>No thanks

I don't want to my eyes be painfully dry when I'm older.

Plus, any risk of complications involving MY EYES is too great a risk of complications.

Like these anons said:

>getting Jewish LASIK
>not getting based white man PRK
How cucked can you be?

And they can also increase your hearing 100x fold even if you are deaf by installing an artificial ear drum. Body implants are coming its the new age eugenics.

Just imagine the super soliders america is going to be churning out in a few years :O

Glasses are sexy

You will need to do it again in your 40's

Yes, since i was young i've never liked to use glasses. I avoided it as much i could. I learnt by time to focus my sight, like a camera. It takes no effort at all. I can see perfectly clear with 1.75 +. There is definitley something too it.

every medical professional will tell you bates is full of shit.
Also I've tried it personally like 10 years ago and it didn't do shit.

Damnn.

tfw this

>being on Sup Forums
>not blocking all java/javascript ever
Seriously how are you this new?

I am in the US military and they literally beg you to get lasik but I am 110% certain I will need reading glasses in the future (which lasik doesnt fix) then I dont really see a point. WOW 15ish years without glasses. Big fucking whoop.

They all look painful with complications in the future.
and what the fuck is up with the first one? They just leave a damn hole open?

Is this some of that stuff aldous huxley was into?

I had the same experience with Finasteride - a bunch of balding hypochondriac tards told me my brain would turn to mush, that my penis would shrink, etc. None of that shit happened, only thing was my libido was low for a couple of weeks when I started taking it. By the way 70% of my lost hair has grown back already, If I listened to the naysayers I'd be close to bald now

my father had LASIK and it fixed his much crappier vision

I once went to optician with my family and got offered free vision test. turned out my vision is not that good either but I never noticed

so I did research and turns out it's just a result of sitting in front of computer all day. when I wake up I have very clear vision in distance, only in the evening distance is a bit blurry

your eye is not static. it can elongate and shorten by more than a cm in rather short time depending on stimuli. and the stimulus for long vision is much stronger. if you just deal with the symptoms and wear glasses or contacts, that will just further worsen your vision

so don't wear glasses or contacts and just let your eyes improve over time. shortsightedness is much rarer in rural areas even though gene pool is larely the same. this shows most vision problems are NOT genetic but a result of your daily activities

and if you are one of the very few with actual issues, do LASIK

There are some nasty stories about those operations going bad, including one about a girl who committed suicide shortly after. Yeah, I'll stick to contacts. Just something fishy about about the fact that doctors and nurses in laser clinics overwhelmingly wear glasses themselves

Fucking eyelets. Superior 20/20 vision here.

I have an ever-so-slight lazy eye. Does lasik correct that?

same position as this guy

don't see any real reason other than glasses can break easily or can be lost, but that's something easy to deal with

You saying lasik degrades your vision after procedure while a natural near sight remains the same?

I think you have to practice it from young age, it's easier while you still are growing.

I'm not familiar with that, but it seems like it worked for him. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_Seeing

I did LASIK last february. It was the best €1.200 i've ever spent

Your eyes are the fastest healing part of the body. With PRK they just remove part of the eye and let it heal which is why they require it for people like divers and pilots. Lasik can leave tiny voids when they put the flap down which can cause discomfort or pain when you have an extreme change in pressure whereas PRK doesn't since the eye has to heal the removed part completely.

What did you pay?

I'm just concerned about it ruining night vision.

So that's where you tax money goes kek

The problems that cause nearsightedness (cant see far away) are different than the problems that cause the need for reading glasses.

Old people need reading glasses because their entire eye ball becomes elongated as they age, which cant not be corrected by corneal shaping (aka lasik/prk).

i just realised

>2016
>not [current year]

>he thinks 20/20 vision is good

Kek i got 20/15 after lasik

my left eye is -11 and right -9
maybe i should do something about this lol

>LASIK

you fucked up brah, should have taken a LASEK.

I got it done. No problems.

>norway shilling for some sort of medicine

Cybernetic enhancements when?

looks like they drip some substance on top of the lens and then laser that.

>implying i can evade taxes

Go meme somewhere else oilsven

This. Has to stabilize first.

>Why do you use contacts/glasses in 2016???
My brother had a LASIK 4 yrs ago. Quite recently he played tennis and a ball hit his racket and then his right eye. Had to go to the eye doctor who said the LASIK made an uncomplicated accident into a fucking nightmare. He will never be able to see correctly on his right eye ever again. He is 35 and might lose his job over this.

I stay with my fucking contacts, mate. I do not want to lose my eyesight, my job, my gf, my life.

WTF how to prevent this? Does eating a certain vitamin that keeps the shape of your eye in tact with age?

I don't want laser eyes

This.
Glasses are not that much trouble. The risk of complications might be low, but any unnecessary risk at all to my eyesight isn't worth taking.

The Jews dominate the laser eye surgery field.

This, it's pissing me off.

I'm considering Lasik in 20 or 30 years when the technology is more advanced and they fix the bugs.

awesome I wanted to ask how it feels, like is it a horrible experience or what?

if glasses/contacts are good enough then stick with those. LASIK might ruin your vision and the results will be irreversible.

I have -5.00 and -4.75

Perfect sight when using contacts but literally blind as a mole without

Can LASIK save me?

Glasses make make girls cuter.

Had glasses for almost 35 years now and not a single time did I break them or misplaced them for more than 2 minutes.

You do get contacts that you can wear for 30 days straight (sleeping with them). Not really that bothersome anymore really...

Sure cut open my eyeball and shoot laser beams into it! That sounds like a great idea!

Yeah, that's about as much as my GF had before the LASIK

I'm almost there. Still perfect eyesight. YMMV.

It's impossible your perscription's an issue unless you have some serious astigmatism.

Blind as a mole my ass. -9.50 reporting in. Wearing glasses for me is so cumbersome so i stick to contacts. Ive been considering lasik for 10 years but always hesitate on it out of uncertainty.

I'm -7.0 in my right and -6.5 in my left.
I wear contacts and I'm a perfect candidate for lasik.
Are you mad yet?

Glasses also progressively ruin you vision on their own, you forgot to mention this when you were tossing shit on it in your original post.

/thread

So I can get sub -1.00 eyesight again or literally 20/20?

Dude grow some calls

You know the feeling in the morning when you put on contacts and suddenly everything around you is 8K FULL HD IPS.

Imagine having that 24/7

I had laser eye surgery to repair a hole on the back of my eyeball, and I gotta say, literally SEEING the inside if your own eyeballs is trippy as fuck

Having more than 6 diopters in error can cause complications (corneal haze) and people with astigmatism greater than 180 degrees will have a high chance of still needing corrective lenses after surgery.

got lasik, eyes are now dry all the time. still need eye drops. night vision is fucked cus eyes are dry. starbursts around lights. If I can get eyes to not be as dry as sand I'd see 20/15 in both eyes, but can't find anything to help.

having my operation on the 10th August. Looking forward to it, but the recovery sounds annoying.

>2016
fix your pasta you mongrel

Nigga drink more water

Yes. It depends though if your eye has thick enough cornea to be performed. But if your cornea is within the acceptable margine, go for it.

FUCK