weta.org/listen-live
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006tmr6/episodes/player
apa.org/news/press/releases/2014/06/chimps-music.aspx
youtu.be/9E6b3swbnWg
youtube.com/watch?v=LCKZDSIHV80
youtu.be/dXMShnFUq_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We don't. We leave it as it is.

calling it now, the blacks will ruin classical music.

They'll ghettofy it as soon as they can.

Niggers can't trombone

yoyo whaddup, This is ya homes Beatshoven. Wir waz bruder n shit.

why would we?

Lots of slants play classical instruments
I don't mind that so much, but keep the blacks n browns away ew

White classical composer here

I was just talking to a maestro about this. He said in his 50 years of teaching, he has only had one black student and he showed up to his recital in a bright white platinum suit.

I kek'd

no, there are lots of asians

Don't worry, Swedes already have that covered.
youtube.com/watch?v=ekIrOuNsiCU

yeah wtf black people have some great classical music

youtube.com/watch?v=zcJ6Wxdcj-E

My (white) friend from HS is an orchestra conductor, went to see some of his performances and met his musicians. There were about 4 blacks I think in the group, all of them looking autistic as fuck. They were pretty cool lads, sadly they told me most of them got intimidated in HS for being nerdy/artsy by other blacks, until they went to majority white colleges and could finally practice their instrument.

tl;dr: other niggers stop them from being into anything that isnt hood rap

>ignoring asians
Japanese DOMINATE classical music, they own that shit. At least these days on the performance side.

Hispanics and Africans are just too stupid to do classical music. Deal with it lefties.

wanna hear my mixtape n shiet?
*pulls out violin*
hooktube.com/watch?v=YgMOeFqjlKM

You mean like ballet?
youtube.com/watch?v=04N954a6nXk

yeah I was thinking of exactly that when I posted that.
>hiplet
gross

A time machine might help

I gave free music lessons to a black girl once but she quit. She later admitted it was because she didn't like white people "telling her what to do" and didn't like that all examples I was using to teach music theory were coming from European composers. Y'know.. the ones who invented the concepts to begin with.

Her dream since childhood was to compose music for video games. She works at Walmart today. She hasn't even made music for a low budget, free game. She can't even really write music.

This is all her fault. Her lessons were free.

music for marching bands is related to classical music?

Why is rap music as black as ever?

Really activates my almonds

We should meme futher that Mozart was black and he's still alive.

That'll make blacks try to compose classical music so they could be able to summon him and be their leader which will destroy whites.

>Why is traditional European music mostly performed by white people?
I would be fascinated to see the response if someone tried this with traditional music of any other culture.

Source?

Breathing air is not very diverse. At most places, the percentage of nitrogen and oxygen is pretty much the same, give or take a few percents. Why don't we diversify the air and give negro neighbourhoods the big N - more nitrogen and less oxygen?

Step one: minorities need both to somehow acquire both the intelligence and the creativity to do so

Classical music is the worst genre there is.
I'm convinced no one actually likes it.
Now before you get your panties in a bunch consider the following, the vast vast majority of classical music fans.......they listen to the same handful of composers.....the same let's say 50 songs. Over and over they'll listen to these songs. Have for over a hundred years. Why?
If you enjoy a genre of music you branch out and seek new songs do you not?

youtube.com/watch?v=NTvKOb3z1LQ

>we wuz classical

The most popular pieces are the most played and talked about. That's not surprising at all. You can easily find recordings from more obscure artists, and plenty of them are fantastic, such as Julián Carrillo, especially his "Sonido 13" music.

What about all those asians who take violin lessons?

Bömp.

To the discredit of blacks "ooga booga click click ooga click" just doesnt have the lasting appeal as say, something by Bach

>the vast vast majority of classical music fans
Classical music is just another name for formally notated music from the past several millennia. It's basically everything that's been written before quite recently. The only people who listen to "your fave 50 classical tunes" are people who basically hate music and want a warm bath instead.
Personally, my faves include Henry Purcell, Carlo Gesualdo, Guiseppe Tartini, Hugo Wolf, Alexander Scriabin, Conlon Nancarrow, György Ligeti, and Henri Dutilleux. (yes, I'm a sucker for chromaticism and emotion combined.) All these composers were prolific and produced more than your average rock band. This is where the largest part of the universe of music lies. Open your eyes and ears, user, and start exploring. Do it seriously. Be willing to learn and to have all your assumptions about sound messed with and flipped around.

As someone who has an ear ranging from Medeski, Martin, & Wood to Bach. Allow me to say: You. Are. A. Fucking. Retard

You could say the same about the catalog of Soulja Boy.
Difference is even his genre gets explored by fans.
Classical music fans just play the same tired songs for literally hundreds of years, claiming to never tire of them. I see what you're doing. You guys are like wine sniffers.

This has to be satire. Do these same people believe the Trix rabbit is coming to steal their cereal?

Oh please no this is the only music I listen to because it's still implicitly white

If you don't listen exclusively to classical, you're not white.

Good taste, my LGBT friend. Except for Ligeti. That's entartete musik tier.

>implying the Jews didn't get to it first and ghettofy it over 90 years ago
youtube.com/watch?v=ynEOo28lsbc

It's a higher form of art. You wouldn't understand

So it's just regular modern dancing.. on their toes?

I honestly don't understand any of this anymore, it's as if they have no understanding of Ballet traditions or even WHAT IT IS!

Go listen to some moonlight sonatas.
youtube.com/watch?v=2i_Ja0FTCKY

(tfw you mock someone for not listening to classical music)

I'll go full 1488 irl before niggers touch my classical music.

There is so few Classical music being released today. Only thing that gets played are decades old recordings. Tutorials and competitions only play the century old music as well. Occasional movie or game soundtrack could be seen as Classical though.

the most popular composers were the most popular because of the quality of their output -- the "big three" (mozart / beethoven / bach) are universally considered geniuses w/ respect to their arrangements. music is not like other forms of art- music theory does allow for a very nuanced and objective breakdown of the way in which the music functions

Ligeti is wonderful

interesting list...

WOW MOONLIGHT SONATAS!
SO DEEP!
after this I should check out flight of the fucking bumble bee and play with my butthole while I think about how deep and smart I am for listening to music older than my great grandmother.
Hell, forget this, I'm going to go listen to cavemen bang rocks together while stroking myself into ecstacy.

Ligeti is pretty fucking great! Have you heard Pierre-Laurent Aimard doing his Études? They're damn exciting and poetic/beautiful.
Also, you should know that entartete musik is a lazy label used by people who only wanted music and arts that supported their ideological program. This is a shit approach to art in general: does it fit my preexisting program? Can I listen to it without ever being challenged and with everything I ever thought always perpetually being reaffirmed?

You know that's a shit approach to listening, don't you user?

youtube.com/watch?v=3YfNFR6gh2E

Friend of mine is black, straightens his hair, dresses whiter than i do, constantly heiling hitler and complaining about the degenerates and how he wishes america could go back to the fifties. I take piano pretty seriously and i can say with confidence this man is an incredible classical musician and composer. Interesting though that he is a nazi and behaves stereotypically white.

Don't even try.

You actually often see an Asian soloist.

Got you covered
youtu.be/_tOkb1y7hEs

ye he be stealing and shieeeet
>is actually some nog with the munchies breaking in and eating their trix

>Being this oblivious to music
Look into music theory. It's where the "classical" in "classical music" comes from.

Modern style music is usually more simple by choice. Writing a song for a guitar, drums, a bass guitar and maybe a keyboard is a lot easier than writing music for 12-24+ players and making sure it actually sounds good when played together. Not to mention the logistics of actually getting that many skilled players together in the same area, practicing to play in sync with each other perfectly, and then get enough people to pay you to do it.

It's comparing Apples to Oranges. You can like both at the same time. One is just literally more impressive than the other.

I have no words only utter disgust with what this trash did to ballet. No class no skill no technique. Burn it with the rest of the trash.

They simply cannot. It takes too much intelligence and skill to perform classical music. The only blacks that do play western art music are already very white presenting. Even jazz has become largely white due to the degeneration of the black population

Blacks are already objectively better at blues and jazz, both more musically complicated than classical music.

Chuck Berry already did with Roll Over, Beethoven

Niggers ruin everything
youtube.com/watch?v=1WcxIVOP6JM

I hate Canadians. Blues complex... really?

Tell people Mozart was black and the whites stole his work.

>music for marching bands is related to classical music?
Yes, a lot of bands use pop transcriptions, so you have to be able to sit there and listen to a song and then write it out in parts for the band by ear.

0/10

Anyway classical music is filled with asians, infact I think they even outnumber white people on the subject. Ofcourse asians are not a part of the oppression Olympics so they are invisible to sjws.

I was thinking the same thing. Why is the article ignoring the fact that asians love playing classical western music. They see it as a sign of prestige. Asians children are pushed towards being classically trained on instruments. What a bunch of shit.

I assume the "blues and jazz are more complex than classical" guy was trolling.
If he wasn't he's an idiot.

Asians, for well-known physiological reasons, excel at activities involving fast small-scale muscle control (guess what race the world Tetris champion is, folks) so they turn out a steady stream of great performers, but there's no indication they are up there on the composing front.

WE WUZ MOZART N SHEEEIT

>classical music

I used to try to like it, because I thought I should. But all the music sounded the same to me, and I gave up for awhile. Recently, I tried again, and I really love it. Not sure what changed. Here's a nice stream for those who are interested:

weta.org/listen-live

bam

Jesus, that wasn't even watchable.

Try the free daily show "Breakfast" on BBC Radio 3, hosted (usually) by Petroc Trelawny. There's a big selection of mostly shorter classical pieces from different time periods... they do include one female and one minority composer every single day, but it's not obtrusive. You're sure to hear something you like, and if not, at least it's sort of educational.

bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006tmr6/episodes/player

You aren't completely wrong. Most people say they listen to classical music are faking it.

You will notice that if they specify beethoven they are good. Classical and they are below average plebs.

All musicians have mediocre songs, but only classical music fans will say they are all good. They lie to themselves and others, and don't actually think about the merit of what they are hearing.

Can't wait for Beethoven's 131st Quartet ft. Lil Uzi and Two Chainz

thx

pic related
also kys

Black Africans invented classical music, so this would not be surprising.

>lack of black and ethnic people in the world of classical music

Why the fuck do these people always imply that whites are deliberately excluding minorities from listening/playing/composing classical music? Does it ever occur to them that there aren't many blacks in the field because they don't WANT to be a part of it? That they seem to enjoy rolling in their own shit hip hop and rap culture and know fuck all about classical composition?

I've only ever met one black person in my entire life that appreciates classical music, and even then he acts more white than most white people (i.e. wiggers) and despises black culture. Anyone that truly appreciates classical music is almost guaranteed to be white or asian, because at least many asian cultures understand the value of hard work.

>Black Africans invented classical music,

Must have been while they were flying their pyramid spaceships to other planets. Those interstellar voyages can get pretty tedious without something to do

I use to enjoy music a lot when I was younger, now I like it mostly as background. For some odd reason anything with singing irritates me and if I listen to long it causes an anxiety like anger in me. So classical works really well for me. I might be crazy I guess.

Probably relevant:

"While preferring silence to music from the West, chimpanzees apparently like to listen to the different rhythms of music from Africa and India, according to new research published by the American Psychological Association."

apa.org/news/press/releases/2014/06/chimps-music.aspx

Consuming bad art makes you gay.

It doesn't sound too bad but god damn the fucking nigger just screaming and jumping like a fucking retard, it just ruins the whole thing. The purpose of classical music is music so ultimately beautiful that you and 500 other people will dress in their most expensive and cultured attire, and pay lots of money to listen to a man express his soul on the piano/violin/etc, live. This shit ain't live and I would only listen to that as background on a shitty Call of Duty clone.
Example
youtu.be/9E6b3swbnWg

They can't. That's cultural appropriation.

We don't, classical music is White music. Asians can fuck off pretending they're cultured. They need to stop wearing our formal attire too.

Never liked it when I was younger. Now I enjoy it quite a bit as well. I'd like to travel to west point in NY in the future on the 4th, hear it's a pretty great time.

What is ballet? I'd never pay to see one, theyre all gay and probably filled with pedos since all the dancers are flat chested lolis

Before you listen to classical music you should learn how to comprehend music using music theory.

youtube.com/watch?v=LCKZDSIHV80

Here's a good video to get you started.

because we do not give a flying fuck about the color of your skin, only how well a cunt like you can play the fucking violin!! GET TO WORK TWUNT!.

A government subsidized program that gives non-whites starter pianos: Dark Keys for Darkies.

Aye bruh, check out muh mixture nugga, it gotz pianos n' shiet bruh, from that nigga betaben back from like Europe n shiet
youtu.be/dXMShnFUq_g

I've listened to classical for 30 years and I know fuck all about music theory. It's like saying you need to understand iambic pentameter to enjoy a Shakespeare play.

Just be happy the black man decided to create you, cracka

It is certainly true that there are a lot of pretentious idiots who fake liking classical music because they like being thought of as that sort of person.
It might even go deeper than that. They might not actually like the music but they might like being the sort of person who likes it, so they lie to themselves.

There are a set of well-known "popular classics" that this sort of person tends to favour. Those who actually seriously like serious music call them "lollipops" because they are superficially appealing but not usually very nutritional.
The pseuds will tend to like these.
One person who really nails this is actually Charles Bukowski.
He sincerely did like serious music and he often goes off on rants against people who claim to like it.

Asians seem to manage just fine.

Yeah, Yusuf should have won a Nobel Prize for that one

Lel. Even on the movie they fucked it up.
>pick dat cotton nigger
I bet he was stealing some. Totally deserved that.

Hol up, iz u sayin de bucket fulla crabs Iz real? Nah... You must be joking bruh

They don't make any, they just copy it

Classical music has already been largely garbage post WWII. There hasn't been a true, great composer and decades and there probably won't be another one.