Is dental work essential health care?

Is dental work essential health care?

Depends on your diet.

No. I haven't been to a dentist in 10 years and my teeth are fine.

Yes if you don't want to end up having your teeth rot and fall out in your 30's.

Your teeth are probably shit.

>brush your teeth after every meal, make sure to reach the far back teeth too
>avoid excess sugar
>avoid acidic drinks

Do that, and you'll be fine.

can I sue companies whose products give me dental problems?

Last time I went to the dentist I was told I needed 4 root canals. Never went back.

Dentist shill found.

I'd say every three years would be enough, but yes with the shit we eat today.

Someone in my family never brush her teeth at all until she was 40 then once a week until now, she's now 72 and has almost all her teeth in decent condition.

And someone else that brushed his teeth twice everyday and went to the dentist every year since he was a kid had only five or six good teeth left when he was 40 and of course a full denture now.

Stop eating so much sugar you fat fucks.

Someone give me some actual non-biased information about why I should ever visit the dentist and regularly brush my teeth.

like another user up there said someone in their family didn't regularly brush their teeth for 40 years, and then infrequently for decades after that.
Why am i supposed to believe that this whole (((dentistry))) thing isn't a huge scam?

Cavities give you brain problems... Thus you have people with shitty brushing habits (we used to wipe with our hands and drink from shit creek, doesn't make them "natural") saying they have gone 40 years without brushing. Sad.

Why do you want the oral condition of a 3rd-world peasant? People can spot and smell that shit a mile away.

You can keep your teeth in decent condition as long as you brush, floss, and use toothpicks every day. Get checked up regularly though as bad teeth can fuck up more than just your mouth.

The biggest thing to having good teeth is your parents not being fuckups. Seriously.

Decent nutrition as a child, passing on strong genes, and not feeding your child soda out of a fucking bottle goes a long way.

Because cavities are bad for the heart and the health in general and you don't want to get periodontitis and left it untreated.

Even if someone in my family kept good teeth all of her life with barely any hygiene it didn't work for me. Even brushing with only water and using dental floss from time to time would be enough but I need to take care of them at least a little bit.

If you teeth look clean and your gums don't bleed when you simply eat something I don't think it's a necessity to go to the dentist every year though.

For me there are people with good teeth that will stay in decent condition no matter what they do and people that will get fucked up teeth even if they do everything they can to keep them in good condition.

Proper dental care and mental health are closely related.

Cosmetic shit? No!
But if you break a tooth or a crown, or have some fucked up abscess or something it should be covered.

>dentist tells me I shoudl really get softer touthbrush and get some toothpast that doesnt have those little beads in it
>"its just sandblasting your teteh ya know! Takes the protective coating right off! Thats bad!"
>proceeds to use a metal pick to scratch and scrape all over my fucking teeth

Fuck dentists. Small cavities will actually heal themselves over time if you take care of your shit.

yes
I'd add psychiatric help too

i stopped using toothpaste because I didn't like the taste.
the results are interesting. my teeth hurt and feel weaker, plus one of my crowns fell out.
weirdly enough, my breath smells better though, so take from that whatever you want

>after every meal
rip enamel

Check flag, I believe you. I never go either, just brush and floss and you will be fine

You will brush away your gums causing the roots to become exposed. It's painful as fuck and never heals back.

If your mouth hurts, then you should go.

However, routine cleaning and removal of plaque is needed in order to keep gums healthy (((why you should brush your teeth, floss, and use interdental brushes if needed)))......so if you notice a fuck ton of plaque build up, then you should seek a professional to have it cleaned (unless you can do it yourself....which I doubt since you're here and not being a dentist.

Other than those things, you don't need to see a dentist...

Ffs though, these idiots not brushing their teeth. Blessed with the best possible scenario where your teeth are fine with no maintenance, thrown to the side for unknown reasons.....just brush your teeth, floss, and change your brush every 3 months (if you don't, think of the bacteria build up....just get a new brush, they don't even cost 5 bucks)

>>brush your teeth after every meal,
If you eat anything even remotely acidic you are going to do more harm then good.