Take Fido out for a walk.
Do your homework.
Make dad breakfast in bed.
Visit grandpa at the old folks home.
Cover your face when you sneeze.
Brush your teeth two times per day.
Drink less soda.
Limit candy to weekends.

I did today and it feels great. I recommend anyone unsorted to sort themselves out.
You're gonna like the way your room looks, I guarantee it.

What's the dragon stuff all about?

You never watched DBZ?

Monomyths.
Because all human struggle is pretty similar and you should try and be the hero of your own story.

Yeah, I really do like how my room looks like now. It's always a nice feeling when you clean your room.

the the order and structure of your home, neighborhood, your town is crucial for you mind to be organized, map you thoughts efficiently, the environment is key to mental health

He talks about archetypes and archetypal stories. The idea is that many stories are told over our human evolution and we extract from them stories the essence of them, what is common across those stories and those are archetypal.

The story of the fire breathing dragon is thought to be archetypal, you venture out into the unknown (chaos) and slay the dragon then bring back the gold/treasure.

I think I'm on the path to sorting myself out but it's really hard.
>29
>fit
>just moved into my own place
>became Christian again
>half way through a degree in mechanical engineering in a good university with good grades
>working a part time job
>making good passive income from investments
>hobbies include piano, guitar, fitness, chess, mountain climbing
I feel like if I stay on this path I will be a rich engineer when I'm in my 30's which is a lot better than most people do in life. But...
>5'4
>ugly
>socially akward
>no friends
>no gf
>live alone with no meaningful human contact
I feel like I'm carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders and everyone is just laughing at me and waiting for me to fail. I feel like even if I succeed I still lose. It was Jordan Peterson who helped me on this path to becoming a better person but when I listen to his lectures about what to do when you are totally alone all he says is "no one can tolerate that".

Slaying a dragon is hard and dangerous, but it's got gold and a virgin.

If you do the hard and dangerous thing, you'll get your ultimate thing. Through risk and struggle we become better people and have better things.

Make yourself more likeable then?

Then reach out to people. Join a club or a society.
People are weird, what you see as ugly may well be attractive to someone else, and to be frank, no-one gives a shit about your problems because they've got a shit ton of their own.

Ok i'll bite, where do I start with the Peterson lectures?

Only after you name the jew. But you never will, because you're a good goy who values Truth mush less than his shekels.

Begone shill.

>rightfully point at another overhyped e-celeb dishonesty and political correctness
>shill
OY VEY

>calls for purity tests
>complains about political correctness
Just because people don't share your confirmation bias doesn't mean they have naught interesting to say.
So again.

Begone shill.

>5'4
>ugly

I've got Bad News for you

He talks about how to face your fears more than once in all his material. In his clinical practice he talks about introducing people to things they fear slowly and step by step. That you don't ever become less afriad but you learn to be competent and cope.

Same thing for social skills my man, I feel like I've got the best of both worlds because i'm introverted and so book smart and do well at my job, which you'll eventually do, so that brings financial success etc. But I've also faced my fear and anxiety when around other people.

You just have to go out there and do it, being around people is a skill just like everything else, if you do it more you gain competence.

Go out, speak to people, make friends. Pay attention to what you're doing, how they respond, learn/improve.

Don't worry about your height or face, make yourself presentable, that's enough.

What is room??

>>live alone with no meaningful human contact

But are you longing for meaningful human contact or is it just that you think you should have it because everybody emphasizes so much on it?

It's very hard in our modern culture to actually pinpoint human contact that is meaningful and other that is just social pressure. It's good to have friends and it's good to have a car. But some people don't like to drive and others don't like to invest time into relations.
Man is a social creature, but you have to figure out that rate of socialization for yourself. There is no good ratio.

He's got 2 Joe Rogan interviews I'd highly recommend first to people unfamiliar with his work. An original and then a follow up, they have a really broad breakdown of things he believes and teaches as well as the controversy he's embroiled in.

He teaches 2 courses at the UofT and they've both just ended their 2017 run, you can find them here

Personality and its transformations
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQApSdW8X71Ihe34eKN6XhCi

2017 Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQAT-0aSPq-OKOpQlHyR4k5h

He also has an ongoing lecture series on the bible here
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQD_IZs7y60I3lUrrFTzkpat

Thank you based user.

Americans have to be told by a high IQ psych that they need to clean their room. No wonder you guys are virgins.

His popularity skyrocketed after his podcast with Joe Rogan. That's a hard question, because it depend on what you want to get out of him. There are hundreds of hours recorded on YouTube. Don't discount the university lectures. Here a few that make a good intro to him:
youtube.com/watch?v=CwcVLETRBjg
youtube.com/watch?v=aDRgMUoEvcg
youtube.com/watch?v=YC1pvjyKYr4
youtube.com/watch?v=DC0faZiBcG0
"Postmodern NeoMarxism: Diagnosis and Cure": youtube.com/watch?v=s4c-jOdPTN8
"Jordan Peterson: Jung (Depth Psychology)": youtube.com/watch?v=Hw7NvWvwVCA
"Jordan Peterson - Nihilism, Totalitarianism, and The Divine Individual": youtube.com/watch?v=MdsVC_qR4t0 (Taken from here:"A New Years Letter to the World": youtube.com/watch?v=YnEFt20qe0o)

One of the many lessons I've learned throughout my life is that you can chose to perceive a persons personality to be whatever you want. The variable that people use to chose whether or not someone has a good personality is how attractive they are.
When I was in school there was a guy who did part time modelling and also just happened to be the most popular guy in school. If you asked people why they loved him it was always because "he's just a great guy" or "he's so funny" but never "because he is tall and handsome". Needless to say I was not popular but i thought I was funny or at least I still tried to be funny back then. Sometimes when the popular guy would be hanging out in the circle as me I noticed a pattern. I would tell a joke and nobody would laugh. I knew what I said was funny because I know what funny is and sometimes I would even see some of the guys stifling their laughter. Every time I told a joke the popular guy would repeat it about 5 minutes later word for word and he whole room would erupt in laughter. Often he would flash me a look while he did this. Not a condescending look but rather "I know what's going on and I'm sorry you got dealt a bad hand" look. It took me many years to understand why this was happening and why people on the street would look at me in anger and people wouldn't like me despite never even having a conversation with me. I was 27 when I realised that personalities are based on looks and then suddenly the world began to make a lot more sense.

>5'4
Bummer

>Not a condescending look but rather "I know what's going on and I'm sorry you got dealt a bad hand" look.
Yes, that's because they want to be around people who have a higher social status instead of being around that "small ugly dude". Sucks for you but it's natural.
I've found that giving a first good impression to people can matter a lot and even tip the scales in your favor.

ok :(

"Jordan Peterson: Tragedy vs Evil": youtube.com/watch?v=MLp7vWB0TeY
"Jordan Peterson: Existentialism | Authenticity": youtube.com/watch?v=I_7hCPYgXEk
"Jordan Peterson on The Necessity of Virtue": youtube.com/watch?v=gwUJHNPMUyU
"Slaying the Dragon Within us": youtube.com/watch?v=REjUkEj1O_0

Sort of.

Lots of shallow people exist who judge people based on looks, but there's plenty of people who also do not. If you want personal relationships with people then it's up to you to find people who are virtuous.

Those people who coast on their looks ultimately have shallow relationships. No one is going to hold their head up when they're sick, their romantic relationships tend to fail rapidly.

Always be on the look out for genuine virtues in people, and try to be virtuous yourself, people look for like minded people and good people look for other good people.

Dr Peterson is great up to a certain point. He has fascinating things to say about psychology, religion and of course he BTFO the SJWs over the whole gender debacle. His pitfalls lie in his extreme individualism and his penchant for classical liberalism.

Why don't you like liberalism and individualism? Can you elaborate?

Ditch the christian bullshit and the other ones won't be as bad

>clean my room during the week
>between thursday and sunday i come home drunk between 2 and 5AM, shed my clothes, eat some terrible food, and leave a mess that i'm too hungover to clean
>clean up my room by midweek

>repeat every week

I find liberalism vapid, boring and fundamentally disingenuous. I am not against individualism but I am against taking it too far.

>5`4
It really perplexes my pistachios as to HOW men can get that small. How tall were your parents?

Young woman who can't defend herself?
She's a journalist..

Wrong thread

Can't forget:
"Jordan Peterson: Reality and the Sacred": youtube.com/watch?v=2c3m0tt5KcE

that guy didnt understand libertarianism ... AT ALL.

but im too lazy to explain right now.