What happened to architecture?

What happened to architecture?

look at this disgusting slab of concrete

What causes people to believe that it is such a good idea to demolish such a nicer, yet older building, in favor of a very plain modern replacement? One thing modern architecture forms have going for them though, is that some buildings could look quite futuristic, if you're into that.

futuristic like some kind of blade runner-esque sci-fi dystopia

>What causes people to believe that it is such a good idea to demolish such a nicer, yet older building
The stuff on the inside.
>... in favor of a very plain modern replacement?
Money really. It's cheaper to build a plain building than an ornate one. Also, we as a culture stopped appreciating expensive and ornate things, and now value saving money as the smart choice.

Why build it if you won't like to go inside of it?

Juden happened and their decadence and postmodernism

Nigga thats habbo hotel

A lot of these modern buildings feel very sterile in an almost creepy way on the inside

Jews fuck architecture.

what kind of drugs do you need to even think of something like that?

Pic related Frank Goldberg aka Frank Gehry

How could you ever remove a building like that no matter how big the reason.
That looks gorgeous!

Modern architecture is cancer

It was supposed to look like a smashed and burning guitar in honor of Jimi Hendrix

he didn't do a very good job

Here another one:

"form follows function"

Its not that bad. Its just that other factors (environmental friendliness, being efficient with the space you have, energy efficiency, cheap and fast build time) are more important than they used to be.

It's part of the globalism meme to make cities across the world look alike so no one can differentiate between them.

Globalism.

but surely this has got to be harder to build than any of the houses in pic related

It's literally growing a cancer. How is this OK?

it's not. But the Goyim keeps lapping it up senpai

qUiRkY

It's fucked.

t. Architectural Engineer

Something something Jews

Now that's some how to basic-tier shit!

>they can't get away with this

Also consider updated building codes. Yes the older buildings looked cooler but they were just that: Old, probably broken down or just not meeting new codes/regulations. Sometimes it's easier to completely rebuild than to work around the existing building.

Source: My educated ass

Sir you dropped some trash oops that's a 200 million dollar building

Lookup "ordiment in buildings" there's a detailed explication by a professor why architecture went to shit.

The entire facade became the ordiment, the building materials and skills of laborers changed.

Sucks but architecture is over for now.

More shit to enjoy.

They were mass-wall systems that could be easily retrofitted and historically preserved in most cases. Many have been, a building doesn't "break down" there is just maintenance and reroofing to extend the building to the intended life cycle. Which, back then, was fucking 1000 years. Now they build cheap so-easy-an-illiterate-beaner can build it materials with a 10 year roof, 7 year sealants on windows, and 60 year life cycle.

t. Educated not-ass

holy fuck! this is an awesome concept/execution.

pretty sure the original building burned

It's depressing

that looks like something out of DOOM or a star wars game.

to be honest from the ground you cant even tell what it looks like because its pretty big. What a pile of steaming shit that building is. Seattle is starting to wear on me. Bums and SJW everywhere. Luckily its not as bad as Portland yet. I would never live in portland.

Seattle and the surrounding area is a shit show and the architecture is commie trash. Every new building looks like a building from East of the Berlin Wall circa 1975.

(((Modern architecture))) is truly disgusting. The only notable exception is the Sydney Opera House.

I don't think this building is very old, but it looks nice I think

Where's the ikea

Modernism was based on the very conscious and very political decision to reject anything that came before in favour of (((rational))) design. As a result it feels anti-human. They aren't even usually even functional buildings, because many of the features that were incorporated into buildings over the centuries improved their function, but the modernists discarded them

lowest bider happened.

Some lady who was a checker at safeway rudely commented about my patriotic joke t-shirt on the fourth of july. She said shirts like that is why I hate the fourth. It said "Im sorry i cant hear you over all this freedom". I told her it was just a funny shirt and she was angry. Fuck Seattle/portland.

Anyone know of any good looking recent buildings?

The Anglo happened.

Is the purpose to depress the populace and thus remove some of their energy and willpower?

due to jewish bankers our currency is less and less valuable to purchase actual real things of value (real estate/land/gold etc)

it literally looks like a pile of trash...

bricks are heavy
millenials can't lift a brick up a scaffolding

What are you talking about, man? Architecture is better than ever.

lol there's a bit that sticks out xDDD yeah architecture!!

>The year of our lord 2017
>still not living in cities like pic related.

Pathetic.

modern buildings are much safer, more efficient and often cheaper to maintain and build. Aesthetic preferences change over time as well. I agree your example has more personality and is more reflective of the culture but I can tell you right now I would rather be in the new building in case of fire or natural disaster. Not to mention if that building were built today the labor costs would be enormous.

"Post-modernism"

>he's anti-anglo and posting from united states
Papist, please go (back to a third-world, Roman Catholic cesspool).

>tfw cincinnati turned this

All of that which could have been. We could have lived like elves.

>into this

Hitler was going to do that shit anyways

It reflects the sick masochism of the ruling ideology, user.

looks like something from my nightmares

This one is the worst
The building on top was designed by a Muslim architect.
He managed to symbolize Islam take-over of western Europe

That is a beautiful interior

idk man this building is pretty cool

*was

No more monarchies propping up the cost.

The Schermerhorn Symphony Center. 2006 I believe.
Search for "New Classical Architecture"

my man!

Brutalism is just depressing

communism
look it up

What the fuck is that pile of trash.

emp building in seattle

Its modernism goy!

Blame Capitalism lol

That one actually looks cool

but what if the power went out and you have no windows????

>The Museum of Pop Culture, or MoPOP (earlier called EMP Museum) is a nonprofit museum, dedicated to contemporary popular culture. It was founded by Microsoft co-founder (((((((((((((((((PAUL ALLEEEEEEEEEN)))))))))))))) in 2000 as the Experience Music Project.
> 140,000-square-foot (13,000 m2) building, designed by Frank O. Gehry aka (((((((((((((FRANK OWEN GOLDBEEEEEEEEERG)))))))))))))))))))

Of course.

What a gorgeous, magical place. You just want to get lost in there. Art deco was a beautiful movement

Compare to ugly, ego maniacal shit like this.