Sell the national parks to solve the debt?

The US national park system represents some of the most valuable undeveloped real estate in the entire world. According to studies, simply selling Yosemite and nearby Sequoia national parks to developers could lead to a "$1.5 trillion bonanza" as real estate moguls from LA, the Bay Area, and around the world bid against each other to buy those properties from the federal government.

Imagine wiping out 8% of the entire national debt simply by selling a couple of parks. Now imagine all the money that could come from the sale of other federal parks like Yellowstone, Acadia, Crater Lake, Great Smoky Mountains, Grand Canyon, Zion, Denali, Olympic, Shenandoah, etc. Is it time to unleash this economic engine and cut our debt at the same time, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

openscholarship.wustl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1000&context=bio_facpubs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can't sell America to pay for America.

Selling national parks is a nigger move. You don't want to be a nigger do you?

you can sell America to the Chinese to pay for America

People like you are scum and should be exiled to live with their fellow bugpeople in an anthill in Africa or the Amazon

>Imagine wiping out 8% of the entire national debt

OR

We could just default on the debt and say fuck you to the Rothschilds. Then arrest them and execute them. That's a plan also.

Like it or not, the debt represents a legal contract, and honorable nations have a duty to live up to their financial obligations. These contracts were endorsed for many decades by the American people, who approved of the representatives who made these policies via their votes.

Great idea, let's just go full Canada 2.0.

Fuck no. That's a one time deal and you know we'll end up selling it for pennies on the dollar to some dickhead robber baron like how Nestle gets practically free water to sell back to us

yeah see where THAT will take you
>t. Country that sold lands and still is in debt

>selling parks
One word: no.

t. a cuck

I say turn the parks over to the States. I live in Alaska and our state parks are clean but the Forest Service parks are shit. And what pisses me off is the Forest service building is one of the largest in my town and every employee gets their own little ford exploder. It was so noticeable someone complained in our paper so they now park their cars in the back of the building.

Selling national parks would be like England selling the royal Crown to pay off their debts.

Fuck no. National Parks are Aryan. Only an untermensch would sell them off for insignificant gains in the short term when there's multitudes of solutions to the debt problem that are far easier and don't sell out our soil to people who hate us.

How about we just declare ourselves debt-free?

>Like it or not, the debt represents a legal contract, and honorable nations have a duty to live up to their financial obligations.

good goy you have an honorable obligation to pay off the debt based fiat currency that's loaned into existence.

Reminder: the conservation movement has been pushed by the elite to stifle development and maintain the status quo
openscholarship.wustl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1000&context=bio_facpubs

Kill yourself.

They literally cannot sell parks like the Smoky Mountains. That was explicitly stated in the contracts when they first rammed the sell down the original owner's throat. My family owned part of that land and believe me the Govt. does not pay full dollar. They are legally prevented from profiting on the sale and i promise you if a bunch of Californians somehow bought that land we would have a Gatlinburg fire every damn week until they were gone.

Declare yourself debt free and see what happens the next time your country needs to borrow money. Who wants to buy debt from a country that thinks it's ok not to repay? N O O N E that's who.

Op may have a point: look at the proportion of federal lands in the western states. The popular parks can be preserved but there's plenty of other lands that might be used.

The non popular parts are the most important you nigger.