What does it mean when your parents have an average 2 digit IQ, but you have a superior IQ?

What does it mean when your parents have an average 2 digit IQ, but you have a superior IQ?

My mom had a video rental for some time when she was younger, and my father was a factory worker. Both had perceivable 2 digit IQs, and my father was significantly more culturally ignorant than my mother. Neither of them went to the university. Both of them smoked cannabis.

My father died when I was 4 and I was raised solely by my mother until I was 11 years old. I managed to get an above-average education and took an IQ test just before entering university (STEM). The result: 128.

How can this happen? Wasn't I supposed to have a cattle-like IQ?

I forgot to add that my father was of mixed-race. He had very close Native American heritage.

So yes, this may be a racial discussion.

It means you're adopted. Congratu-fucking-lations.

Eh. There's huge variance. Sometimes statistics did it. Sometimes sexual reproduction did it. It can happen that your momma had one set of stupid genes and your poppa had a different set of stupid genes without you getting either set - because each of your parents had two sets of genes to pass on, too, and you got all the lucky picks.

Of course, sometimes it means your mother slept around.

It's for the same reason why two average height parents might luck out and have a tall child.

Congratulations, your dad was a cuck.

It means you don't understand how normal distributions work and are far dumber than you think you are.

Dunning-Kruger: The Post.

desu though, saged, because this is HQ reddit ShareBlue bait

>your dad was a cuck.
Probably this. But you could also take from one of your grandparents, it's not uncommon for traits to skip a generation.
There is also the possibility that your parents are not genetically as dumb as they seem. >Weed smokers
Daily? if so, the neurons never really wake up to sparkle.
>really stupid shit
Might they have sniffed glue or whatever in their really young years - stuff like that really do cause permanent brain damage.

Sounds like your IQ isn't high enough to work this out on your own.

Most of your intelligence comes from hard work exercising your brain.
Only a small proportion is genetically inherited.

This.

This.
Think of your genes like skill multipliers. They can help a lot. But you have to work hard no matter what.

Your dad died when you were 4.
You didn't know your dad. Don't assume factory workers are stupid you stuck up spastic!

Because even though IQ is mostly genetic, it's MASSIVELY influenced by the environment very specifically the diet

They had a higher genetic base IQ but it couldn't be expressed

how did your father passed away?

Fuck this thread, I just want to bend Illya over a desk and pound her so hard while Kuro waits in excitement for her turn.

My dad died when I was young and the only values I got from my mother was poor eyesight, a bad temper, and laziness.

For example

About 20% of IQ is influenced by the environment as far as i remember

So, let's say that maximum IQ of both parents is about 120

20% of 120 is 24

If they had suffered from malnutrition, and other bullshit, their IQ is now 96, pathetic!

My understanding is that unless you are in full blown malnutrition your diet has no effect on your IQ. 60-80% genetic was my understanding.

iq is basically a random pick from all your ancestors, with a bias towards those people closest to you in time. Some of your ancestors were probably high iq whites so you lucked out and got that gene. It wasn't very likely though. If you breed again your kids will be low iq almost certainly unless you get a smart wife and even then you are only hurting her line.

They probably weren't fed properly as kids.

It's going to be so weird when android waifus are real and you see 30 Illya models a day.

>average
>2 digit

Imagine how fun it would be to manhandle her tiny body.

>The result: 128

Brainlet

Check your grandparents.
Because genetically they have more to say - so to speak - on that matter than your parents

Your IQ will drop to your parent's level when you are their age.

>Wasn't I supposed to have a cattle-like IQ?
You where likely to have cattle-like IQ, but you got lucky.

Other possibility is that your father had decent genetics, but huffed too much toxic waste at factory.

This is one of the only valuable posts ITT. Population statistics cannot be applied to individuals. Take a statistics course offered by your university and then you'll understand.

I am in the same boat user, by about 40 points. It just means recessive genes and a combination of desirable genetic variants arrived at such a result. Even blood brother and sisters only share about 50% of their DNA.