What is going on in Poland right now?

What is going on in Poland right now?

Just saw some reports about the ruling party trying to take control over the supreme court or something like that?

Can any Poles explain wtf is happening over there right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F5ujm2wIjds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They are just making law considering court to be exact same as it is in germany or france, nothing to see here.

Why am I being told that people are outraged then? People are out in the streets, too.

bery imbresding

Ruling party tries to change law to make Supreme Court members selectable by Government, instead of judges. They are reasoning this by telling about 'taking Courts from post-commies' and 'trying to make courts all over the country more effective and faster'. Oppositions says, that the only thing that those changes would bring was that Supreme Court would be selected by members of a ruling party right now, making it dependent on it.

During evening speech President of Poland said that he won't sign this decree unless they change it to require 3/5 of lower house to change a judge in Supreme Court, which (supposedly) was not planned by ruling party Law and Justice. There are uproad around a country and in bigger cities people are protesting around goverment facilities/courts.

Obviously they should phase the new justices in as the old ones retire (or are forced to retire in phases over a reasonable period of time), right? Is that what's being debated? What do you see happening.

Oposition and liberal media for 6000 time, are trying to force "end of democracy" meme. Some people are buying it. Most don't.

Reform basically give Sejm means to control judges nominations, because judicary corporation become corrupt and left-leaning.

Thanks, I get it now. Not sure which side I should be on though, a lot of conflicting information from different sources.

If they would do that, they won't be able to control Supreme Court before the next elections, and from my guess that's their aim.

During previous elections they always whined that elections has been rigged in their opponents favour, so probably they want to ensure that everything will go according to they plan this time. Supreme Court decides if the elections are valid or not, and most of the members of it was selected by previously ruling party.

Don't listen to PiS loyalists. The legal changes are violating the spirit of the constitution and the independence of the judiciary.

AFAIK they are barely legal.

The President said he won't sign it, unless they put in his changes.

Well based on what the wrote, you should have both sides views at the moment, as from what I see he presents option opposite to mine ;)

Jews are trying to subvert the last bastion of White Christendom and are struggling.

Sejm is upper house, user. In case of president's death his responsibilites are hold by Marshal of Sejm, not Senate.

Obviosly it's retarded and should be switch back, like in Second Republic. But we need new constitution to do that.

Something like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=F5ujm2wIjds

No, the ruling party wants more power and doesn't have a constitutional majority and mandate to do this.

This is about 0.3 Erdogans on the Regime Scale.

commies in the judical branch. "spirit of the contitution" which was written by drunkard and a commie even without 50% of population accepting this shit. it was accepted only by sejm and senat, not by people because there was not enough voters in the referendum

So first Supreme Judge name isn't (((Gersdorf)))?

WUT

Gersdorf is a German root name.

The world should be under the domain of royal christian blood, whether oligarchical/republic or straight up monarchy we need a ruling class whose interests are tied with the wealth and power of the state.

Democracy has proven in every case to be a complete failure and will be phased out of any advancing society.

Aristocracy is worse. NRx is stupid.

because all the jews we drove out of germany fled to america and now have seats in media instead of banks.