Panic Attacks

Why does practically every woman ever claim to have anxeity and panic attacks Sup Forums?

I was talking to my younger cousin (inb4 someone references my flag) and she told me she couldn't present at school because she has "presentation anxeity" and will get panic attacks.

How can women expect to do well in our society if they do not even have the capability to overcome their basic emotional reactions and stress?

Other urls found in this thread:

unlearninganxiety.com/amygdala/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_withdrawal_syndrome
youtube.com/watch?v=Brw-fBr3C-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Man here. When experiencing severe distress that you are emotionally and or physically ill to the point where you can't get anything done or go crazy. Everyone has their limits.

t. Saw my best friend die with his eyes open

I've had them during an existential crisis. Few women ever have these. It's probably from bullying or something. Women are pretty malicious to one another and they're all so panicky half the time

Because women are weak and attention seeking. I think I might've had a panic attack once and that was a couple months after I attempted suicide so I was not in a sane state of mind. If that's how many women are all the time then they need to lose their rights

Women have smaller brains with more cross-cortex connections. This makes them dumber and more easily frightened. Their genetics makes them far more susceptible to panic attacks and other mental health issues. Anyone whose had a crazy mother or sister can attest to that.
You need to stop believing the propaganda about how women can do anything men can do and how there are no differences between the sexes. These differences are clear as day to real men and women and we act to reflect this understanding.
If you're asking such non-sense to us seriously, then you're a blue pill moron.

i get that too though and im male

Some do have them under extreme stress. Some are just "almost fainting" for attention, some want a strong man to take them in his arms and say everything will be ok. Now guess which attack is which.

I got anxiety when I had to move out of a home. No sleep, etc.

Also, I get these unpleasant stress flashes when somebody barges in through the office door without knocking. It can not be controlled rationally, I know I'm physically save there.

>Everyone has their limits
>my limits are saying words in front of people
>shits to scarrry!

fuckers need to realize that if you are in a place to speak in front of a crowd, regardless of size 10-900000, they are there because they WANT to hear what you have to say. They desire to hear the words come out of your fucking mouth. I've spoken before a crowd of 3,000 strangers and gave financial updates on our portfolio. I've watched my CEO stumble over a portion of his speech, he laughed and continued. 20 minutes later no one, besides me, even remembered him doing so.

That is quite a different scenario than getting attacks from standing in front of 20 people to give a presentation

They're dramatic, literally that's it

>I was talking to my younger cousin (inb4 someone references my flag) and she told me she couldn't present at school because she has "presentation anxeity"

Everyone has this. It is normal because it isn't normal to address a crowd of people and most people don't have practice doing it.
I've performed music to large crowds and small, and on national TV, and it is the same regardless. You just have to get over it. The more you do it and the more often, the less nervous you are about it. When I hadn't done it in a long time, it was like starting all over again. This isn't a woman/man thing, it is a human thing.

waahhh why isn't everyone like meeee I can only view the world through my owwwn experiences and not those of others

You need fathers to tell kids to suck it up. This mommy makes the rules world is insane and entirely feelings based. Everything must be nice. Everything must be fun. Everyone must be polite. Don't get angry. Get along to go along. Refugees welcome.

they do that for attention
it's the new ADHD/autism

Kek, I was just thinking about this. All girls now have "social anxiety" or "panic attacks". I have no idea.

It's because they identify as their mind/ego instead of realizing they are only a wave in the collective consciousness.

ive gotten legit panic attacks seeing 10s of thousands in my investments get frauded, as well as having to live in my car doing 23 units to finish my last semester in college due to said circumstance.

>ive had girlfriends whose lives spiralled because that day they got a fucking traffic violation ticket and ended with almost killing themselves and ruining their family's dynamic

Because they have so many delusions that it causes a split between what is and what they think, it creates a fight or flight response.

Perfectionists are heavily predisposed to anxiety disorders.

People mistakenly think anxiety is like 75% scary thoughts and 25% physical discomfort. Anxiety is actually about 95% physical discomfort and 5% thoughts. Anxiety kicks in before conscious thought has even had a chance to process a situation, nearly instantaneously thanks to the amygdala.

It is a caveman adaptation to stay alive when you see a snake out of the corner of your eye and instinctively jump away -- then your brain consciously processes the situation a few seconds later and notices it's only a rape, and sends the shutoff signal to your amygdala. Anxiety disorders result form every day situation signaling your amygdala and your neocortex being unable to send the shutoff signal.

If you want to start freeing yourself from anxiety you need to learn how to train your amygdala to no longer trigger on things that are not life or death threats.

See: unlearninganxiety.com/amygdala/

> t. guy who quit job and is tapering off 8 years of klonopin and deals with a daily panic disorder. AMA

>Confederate
>Cousin
Sorry, you can't inb4

At east post pics

> and notices it's only a rape,
a rope. lol

It's just a clinical term for something everyone experiences. Everyone gets nervous in social situations sometimes, or when presenting in front of a class. Fear of public speaking is super common. It's just that they've adapted these labels from the Tumblr-self-diagnosis crowd and now they all have anxiety.

A few years ago in high school this girl in my class always complained about having blackouts and panic attacks during exams and stuff.
Always thought it was funny how she always posted on twitter that she was partying till morning on the days of those tests...
People will always make up excuses , because there's no punishment for it and the school doesn't really give enough of a fuck to actually check if she's telling the truth.
It's more likely that most people just fake having anxiety etc because it gives them a nice pillow to land on whenever something doesn't go their way.

You think this just happening to women?

Are you really this stupid?

>suicide atemptee
>calling anyone else weak
you should've finished the job, desu

>have to present book report to class
>die with eyes open
war never changes

Is it any surprise though? Gender roles have been completely scrambled and there's confusing information everywhere. They are in most cases fighting their own biology to conform to (((societal norms)))

>sex imprints the woman on a man
>sex is (((encouraged)))
>it leads to misery

>women can do anything
>until they actually try and things are hard

Women's lives used to be simple. Stay healthy, be useful around the house, learn how to cook, be a good mother and wife and then do whatever the hell you want to do on the side.

Now they have to compete but biologically they still want that family life and only a handful of women can handle both.

waaaaah why isnt everyone a coward like me waaaaaaah everyone should understand that i piss myself waaaaaaah

You win this round

A panic attack to a woman is just run of the mill stress and nervousness to a man. Women tend to let it all out at once while men internalize until it gradually goes away.

This is why you get all those bullshit studies that say women deal with stress and multitasking better. They study women at their peak while men are more of a constant flat line.

If you've ever bit in a car accident or near miss that's a bit of what a real panic attack actually feels like.

Heart racing and pounding out of your chest
Tightness in chest
Difficulty breathing
Dizziness
blah blah

I've had them last for over 8 hours. I get a teensie bit annoyed when people conflate their social "anxiety" with what I've had to deal with.

I once faked a panic attack and totally got away with it. I feel like panic attacks are bullshit

For attention and sympathy

Alex Jones always gives me panic attacks.

They do it for attention and to get out of stuff.
Everybody has a (real) panic attack at some point in their life, it takes a very special snowflake to not be able to dishes or homework because of them.

shut up faggot.
Know what it feels like to be in a close firefight? Tunnel vision, body parts and blood everywhere, your side dead their side dead. Explosions so loud it shakes your soul.

>near miss car accident.

goddamn faggots these days.

Male here.
I have panic attacks about once a month due to "mental issues"
they are very real and very scary. feels like someone is holding a gun to your head. although i've seen people who fake them so i understand if some of you call bullshit.

Nazi Flag
>desperate cry baby over stress.

Kill yourself.

My brother's girlfriend has this. Basically, she has always had people (in particular her mother, who is a housewife) do everything for her, that when it is time for her to take initiative, do something for herself, and step out of her comfort zone, she literally has an anxiety attack. She literally cannot handle doing things herself and have self-direction and drive.
She is also the worst slob I have ever seen (my bro found old banana peels in her clothes draw, for example). You'll find that the vast majority of girls who have """anxiety""", are also lazy useless slobbish pigs.

a panic attack is just hyperventilation and elevated heartrate

women have a naturally quicker ventilation and heart rates compared to men, hence why they care more about stupid shit and get panic attacks more often

>implying one can't have a slight brainfuck because of political beliefs.
i bet you are a jew. get gassed.

a lot of my male friends have claimed panic attacks too. I wouldnt even know what that feels like. Hard not to think they're just a pussy

Catholic. Do you keep a paper bag near by in case of emergency?

>8 hours
Wtf are you talking about man?

Btw if you want to calm a girl who is having panic attacks you should take deep long breaths yourself(in a calm way), preferably while holding them. I have no idea why this works, but I discovered it by accident. It makes them stop hyperventilating and kind of adjust to your breathing

I have them all the time, but they seem to last weeks or months and not all at once. Feels like a slow heart attack, sometimes keeps me inside for a few days. I mean I still work 2 jobs and I'm out in public quite a bit for it, but on my days off I will literally do nothing when i'm having these attacks. Can't even bring myself out of bed. Usually I just lay in bed my entire weekend off, feeling like a cannonball is strapped between my heart and sternum. Sometimes I actually manage to go about 30 hours without eating, pooping or drinking.

Shit sucks sometimes, I don't have any friends but at least I don't bitch about it all the time.

This is the only correct post here.

Attention, and an easy excuse for their histrionics.

Literally everyone "why do women do x" thread can be explained by attention.

Panic attack=\= anxiety attack

I used to have panic attacks I think, not regularly but certain situations when I was younger.

First for running a treadmill first time and overexertion

Second for injections, whenever I had one

Third for smoking weed, 1/100 joints would trigger a panic attack in me, depending in what I was thinking about

Fourth when on a train and feeling tired after being tattooed for 4 hours

All those symptoms lasted for 8+ hours for me sometimes. It was not uncommon for me to have ones that last all my waking hours. Impossible to sleep. Eventually you just black out. It was the final straw before I went on klonopin. That or lose my job for too much unpaid time off.

Shit's real. But then my experience get treated as if it's the same as Stacey freaking out a bit because her bf hasn't called.

Sounds terrible if you're not larping.

Dude you need to fix that somehow. Have you tried some sort of sedatives or other relaxants? Have you had your blood checked for abnormal hormones etc? You're pissing your life away if you're suffering weekends at a time in complete agony. I don't know to what extent you've tried fixing that, but it could be something quite simple that will improve your quality of life a lot. I've had similar issues with extreme social anxiety and years of severe depression that went away after changing my lifestyle/mentality a lot.

tony soprano described it perfectly, like ginger ale bubbles in your head

OP has a point. Every fucking woman I know says she has "anxiety" and "panic attacks" etc.
I know far less men who complain about anxiety, and the ones I do know are either girly femme dudes anyway, or were in active combat.

Maybe it's hormones from birth control?

naw, I try and keep it medication free. It doesn't actually bother me, that might be the biggest worry about it. I wouldn't call it agony. I do everything else normalish; pay taxes, get groceries, do dishes etc etc. But every once in a while I'll have that attack feeling for 6- 8 weeks and I won't do anything.

You ever sit in front of your tv, or game console and not actually do anything for 4 hours because you can't decide what game to waste the day in? That, with the feeling of heart breaking. And then I'll get back into the swing of things and be happy go lucky for a while.

If anything the most anoying part is I have lived a decent life, married with two kids, jobs and money and even some time for toys etc. But I can't ever stop these panic attacks or the constant yelling in my head of KILLYOURSELFKILLYOURSELFKILLYOURSELF etc etc. I think my brain is just a dick to me.

Benzos are terrible for your health but I had a similar situation and it solved it. They are highly addicted and WAY, WAAAY worse to get off than even heroin, so be careful. 8 years later I'm tapering off them and trying to address the anxiety with amygdala retraining.

See Splashing cold water on your face helps a ton. Try it out. Google mammalian diving reflex. It slows your heart rate down because it thinks you're diving underwater. When I had 8 hour+ panic attacks I'd be doing that every 5 minutes.

Generally you can't eat because your body will refuse to produce enough stomach acid under extreme fight-or-flight anxiety. So the food just sits in your stomach and ferments and makes you burp and feel horribly ill and full of heartburn. Check out betaine hcl, it helped me be able to raise my stomach acid levels enough to eat through some of the bad days.

Get your B12 checked. Mine was rock bottom and that causes anxiety. Same with low testosterone. Get a full vit/mineral panel if you can afford it. I did one for about $250 from a place called spectracell.

Hope you find some peace user-bro, I know those feels.

>8+ hours
Did you attempt any breathing techniques or cold water on the face or anything?

In society's attempt to help people with actual mental illnesses receive proper care and be taken seriously, we have glorified mental illness. With the internet there are millions of ways to convince yourself that you have mental illness, whether it's through WebMD, buzzfeed articles, personality quizzes, etc. Nobody wants to believe that their personal problems are their fault, everyone wants to believe that their personal problems are out of their control. If they can't present in class their options are either:
>A: Be thought of as a weak bitch
>B: Say you have anxiety/panic attacks to gain sympathy and make people who laugh at you look like total assholes. You will still be thought of as a weak bitch to some people, but not as many as option A.
>C: Fight through your issues and find a way to overcome them

Women use the anxiety/panic attack excuse way more than men do because it is way more socially acceptable for women to be seen as weak than it is for men. Women deal with problems through seeking advice and help from others. Men don't want to admit they have a problem, they'll internalize it and deal with it alone, I know I have.

Yah, cold water helps. breathing i didn't try a lot of. My biggest hope for beating this is this

unlearninganxiety.com/amygdala/

Have to retrain your amygdala to shut the fuck off for non-life threatening stuff basically. It's a form of CBT (Cognitive Behavorial Therapy) I'm still reading through that website but it seems legit. Right now I'm down to .5mg of klonipin a day since I quit my job 7 months ago, back then I was taking 1.5mg a day. The real pain will be cutting down from .5 to nothing, that's when I'll have to deal with this in full force: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_withdrawal_syndrome

I'm using the ashton method to taper.

It comes from growing up in a pampered stressfree environment and not knowing how to handle responsibility and rejection

I also have these panic attacks, but I'm a man, so I'm told to fuck off and kill myself

I've never had benzos or any other percription drug. Other than some hardcore naproxin that didn't work, and vicodin for wisdom teeth that didn't work and I didn't need.

I'll check the b12 info, Ive heard about that before. Is there any foods I should seek out for it, or just get a supplement? I've always had a tendency to use foods to correct nutrition issues. Again not a pill guy, I think some of that is my anxiety that I'd get hooked on something and the trail of tears it would lead me down. Again my brain is a dick, to my knowledge I've never had any of these head meds before.

That also might moreso be because one of my friends from hs offed himself after going cold turkey on SRS meds. I definitely am hospital and doctor shy.

Is it wrong that this is the only place I feel comfortable, even during my attacks?

because they don't have a husband to deal with stressful situations for them
it's what they get for becoming thots desu

Correction

Why does practically every woman """YOU SPEAK TOO""" claim to have anxeity and panic attacks Sup Forums?

I don't see this, perhaps these are just the kinds of people who hang around in your social groups / you attract

You can explain all human behaviour that way if you arrange the lens correctly.

Uncertain if relevant but my mother is nearly 60 and constantly claims that literally every fucking thing stresses her out. Uncertain if she's actually so easily stressed or if she's just doing it for attention- might be both.

B12 is usually low in vegans because you get it from meat. Even if you eat meat, if you have enough anxiety it can lower your stomach acid production which is important for B12 absorption.

They make pills for it now which is the easiest. Sublingual, dissolves under the tongue. But for some reason my body only responded to the old school B12 shots -- so I do those once a month in my leg. Honestly I'd say you should be taking a daily multivitamin at a minimum if you're having any trouble eating during the anxiety periods.

As far as places that feel comfortable. When it's bad for me I can't leave my apartment at all. I can't even fire up a video game, the minor stress of an FPS send my anxiety back into panic mode. I'd usually put on movies from my childhood and try to ignore the symptoms.

Another thing you can try is making vape juice out of CBD crystals. CBD is the chemical in marijuana that relaxes, but completely isolated from the stuff like THC which can actually /give/ you anxiety. I buy my CBD crystals from bluebird botanicals. Here's how to make it: youtube.com/watch?v=Brw-fBr3C-Q

:D lol

>Know what it feels like to be in a close firefight? Tunnel vision, body parts and blood everywhere, your side dead their side dead. Explosions so loud it shakes your soul.
Sounds like Heaven.

>See: unlearninganxiety.com/amygdala/
This is a very verbose way of saying "just bee yourself"

I get these thoughts that I don't know myself or that I feel like I'm not "here" and it causes a surge of adrenaline, which causes me to get anxious that I'm going to flip my shit or something.

However, I have never "lost it" through years of this, and now I have discovered that anger and aggression is somewhat of an antidote to fear and panic, so whenever I get these thoughts and feelings, I just conjure up some "fuck this shit! man the fuck up!" aggression and it helps.

My theory is that it relates to the fight/flight response and fear and aggression are interchangeable.

You haven't had a real panic attack unless you've eaten a 1200mg pot brownie and dropped acid.

>Splashing cold water on your face helps a ton. Try it out. Google mammalian diving reflex.

pic related: possible ground breaking anti-anxiety device??

Nuh-uh, men are the COOLEST and are above such petty trifles!

they're anxious about all the dicks they've been riding instead of finding a partner

I once dated a half native american who would induce anxiety on herself for no reason "omg aim not gonna finish my assignment before emidnight" then of course when she did finish and get it turned in it was all sunshine and rainbows.

women are children with tits

Not really. That website (from what I've seen so far) is actually a completely non-mainstream take on anxiety. Pretty unique. I've been to a ton of doctors and they don't know shit about how the brain actually works.

It looks like a form of CBT but I haven't read though the entire site yet. There's quite a lot of material on there. Can't vouch for it, but I'm hopeful.

>Why is anyone afraid of spiders? I have a pet tarantula that I love to let walk all over me, and I pet it too, no problem. Fuckers just need to realize that it's fun with pets.
>Why is anyone afraid of heights? I skydive all the time and I love it, fuckers need to realize that it's fun.
Because people aren't machines. You can't really explain why in a way that isn't just a pure guess, but a lot of people have a fear of those two things, and/or talking in front of a crowd. You can't really treat it either, you can only subject yourself to it to build up a tolerance temporarily that then fades the longer you stay away from it.

Men is more or less to get laid, women is more or less to get attention (positive from men, jealousy from women)

oook oook oook we're just a bunch of apes still

i had a panic attack once, i was at a real low point, balancing on a knifes edge between losing everything ang somehowe getting away with it,

it was the single scariest things thats ever happened tol me. if i was at my senses it would just have been a normal deal but i conpletely shut down, couldnt think, completely zoned out, just stared blank, co host took over so it worked out but damn it was scary.

>co host took over so it worked out but damn it was scary

do you host a game show or something?

a convention presenter for one of those places conventions rent to stay at, and concerts and stuff, this was literally just a plumbers convention, literally NOTHING, but i just completely imploded, i can barely describe the feeling

Is a panic attack different from a rage burst? Cuz i've been diagnosed with "anxiety" (likely doc just wanting to get my out of the office), never experience what I think is panic, but have been triggerd to sperg out a bit and punch through a window or smash something or whatever.

Sorry
He's right Hitler wanted all the mentally ill to stop existing. What he did to (((them))) was exaggerated but he did castrate tons of crazy/retarded people. A real Nazi can't call himself mentally ill.

I dunno, it sounds like very circular logic to me

>If you are scared of doing X then you just have to do X and the positice experience will overwrite your amygdala
>And if your experience is negative? That won't happen, you are a special perfect flower and anything you do will succeed!
>Here is a man who had anxiety for 30 years, then he just stopped behaving anxious, take that quacks!

At least it's good to know there's science behind it, I guess, I already heard this advice from a hippie life coach

How did you friend die, user? Why were his eyes open, and why is that so much worse to dying with eyes closed?

Used to have those due to a lot of stress.
It became impossible for me to ride the bus or take cabs (even tho i have a driver license for 10 years) and i became claustrophobic when i was near people.
I took a year of walking to work every day (8 km) and stopped giving a shit so much.Oh and i quit alcohol from 5 bears a day to 1 at 2 months.

I could say i walked away from that problem and now im cool.

they observe people indulging other women for their hysterics, so they are meme'd into thinking it is acceptable and okay

*beers

You jus neded sum frens

its kind of like panic, but with the complete innability to act.

ive had panic before, friend chops himself in the leg with and axe at the camping trip, adrenaline starts pumping you get him in the car and drive like mad, thats panic, but for me a panic attack was that maybe 10-20 first seconds of panic just lasting forever. without the "benefits" of panic, like reacting and quick decision making, just complete shutdown

I get them sometimes, it feels like my bed is vibrating like theres some kind of earthquake. I also have exploding head syndrome from trauma I experienced as a kid.

I always wonder how that survived through evolution

That is called hypnic jerk.
I get it sometimes.
Nobody can cure that shit.
Its hilarious and a nightmare at the same time.
Its like getting shot in the head at close range.

I can understand that, whenever I go down the rabbit hole I can't really explain a single instance that would have triggered it. To me it always feels like I just now noticed I was underwater and drowning.

Last time I had a weekend like this I ended up watching every episode of nostalgia critic on youtube.

5 bears a day holy shit Gypsy user, that is impressive.

how panic as a response survived? its hella useful, "panic" is part of my job, you cant improvise without a little bit panic,

Come visit during the winter.

lasted about 30 minutes for me, i think, felt like a week, cant imagine that feeling going on for hours, would be worse then waterboarding, honestly

Starbucks is one possibility. Caffeine relaxes the esophageal sphincter, which lets acid seep into the throat, causing an adrenalin release. I had a severe attack earlier this year due to drinking too much coffee in one day. I thought I was having a stroke.