Why don't American posters on Sup Forums simply save up a little money then buy a nice home and go off-grid as much as...

Why don't American posters on Sup Forums simply save up a little money then buy a nice home and go off-grid as much as possible?

All you need is:

>solar panels
>bicycle
>seeds
>maybe some chickens
>hole in the dirt

Pic related: in the UK and across much of Europe this home would cost $200k dollars minimum, regardless of location

Other urls found in this thread:

immobilienscout24.de/expose/65373150?referrer=RESULT_LIST_LISTING&navigationServiceUrl=/Suche/controller/exposeNavigation/navigate.go?searchUrl=/Suche/S-9/Haus-Kauf/Thueringen/-/-/-/-/EURO--30000,00&exposeId=65373150&navigationHasPrev=true&navigationHasNext=true&navigationBarType=RESULT_LIST&searchId=945f7e72-d01d-3fa9-9db6-c62a678f109d
immobilienscout24.de/expose/88251531?referrer=RESULT_LIST_LISTING&navigationServiceUrl=/Suche/controller/exposeNavigation/navigate.go?searchUrl=/Suche/S-9/P-2/Haus-Kauf/Thueringen/-/-/-/-/EURO--30000,00&exposeId=88251531&navigationHasPrev=true&navigationHasNext=true&navigationBarType=RESULT_LIST&searchId=945f7e72-d01d-3fa9-9db6-c62a678f109d
drive.google.com/file/d/0B0JNubb6phYWTmJDYTlib2lxMVU/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Some flippers in Texas purchase abandoned houses listed for demolition at around $100-$1k, although you have to move them off of the property which bumps up the price to around $10k-20k (although you can sometimes get homes with 3 bedrooms).

Sweetie, you didn't answer my question like...at all.

because i want to be in the center of the race war when all hell breaks loose

I wasn't trying to answer it pumpkin.

Houses are pretty cheap here.

Fuck, I wish it were that easy to buy a house here. I could buy that with cash no problem.
On the other hand, my education wasn't merely free; they paid me while I got it.
Maybe it all evens out.

American houses always look so cuntish though.

Denmark has the largest homes on average in Europe.

You have literally nothing to complain about, Jon Dahl.

Idk alt right/lite isn't really threatening. The religious conservatives are the ones who literally own land and guns. Everyone here who discovered nazism (bought the stormpill) or came from the Donald and think this is the spiritual kekistan do not own land or know how to shoot guns effectively.

Not sure if war is your thing

fuck these slide threads jesus

Solar panels were a good idea in my country, the government couldn't have that, so they shut it down. Not even kidding.

Hi, welcome to the former East Germany.

Have we met?

immobilienscout24.de/expose/65373150?referrer=RESULT_LIST_LISTING&navigationServiceUrl=/Suche/controller/exposeNavigation/navigate.go?searchUrl=/Suche/S-9/Haus-Kauf/Thueringen/-/-/-/-/EURO--30000,00&exposeId=65373150&navigationHasPrev=true&navigationHasNext=true&navigationBarType=RESULT_LIST&searchId=945f7e72-d01d-3fa9-9db6-c62a678f109d

Bicycle is for child even in my country.

Not for working laborer

Can you swing a hammer? DIY this guy and pack another two apartments into it. Retire.

immobilienscout24.de/expose/88251531?referrer=RESULT_LIST_LISTING&navigationServiceUrl=/Suche/controller/exposeNavigation/navigate.go?searchUrl=/Suche/S-9/P-2/Haus-Kauf/Thueringen/-/-/-/-/EURO--30000,00&exposeId=88251531&navigationHasPrev=true&navigationHasNext=true&navigationBarType=RESULT_LIST&searchId=945f7e72-d01d-3fa9-9db6-c62a678f109d

How is West Virginia, OP? Never been over there, been in Fredericksburg my whole life. 18k for a piece of property like that ain't bad at all. Does it have fiber optic at least for internet?

Who is "they" ?

Hint: it's you

property taxes

Don't talk shit about bikes kim.

and what fucking jobs are around there?
fucking wal mart?

>Job
The entire point is to rid yourself of such spooks.

yeah that requires a great deal of money and preparation beforehand

According to OP you only need to "save up a little money". I'm not the one who's done the research, so don't hold me up to his arguments.

There are plenty of jobs by the way, and if you live the right place you can even start something yourself. This isn't eight years ago.

how much is the bestkorea-proxy?

>wanting to post on the internet

Good goy.

Thats nigger central user. West Charleston is cucked.

I don't like solar and wind memes. Does anyone here have a gestalt how to set up geothermal?

i need a green card

Seeing American house prices makes me rage and determined to move there after I finish my degree.

It's a trailer park pretending to be a state. One of the least expensive overall places to live because the state pretty much ran on coal revenues and Obama put the nail in that coffin.

south dakota is literally the ass end of nowhere.

Are you fucking retarded? YOu can get a nice 2 storey house with a garden for about 70k here

If anyone is seriously interested in living off the grid and being self sustainable this is a pretty valuable resource of information I've found.

-Self Sufficiency for the 21st Century, 2010 Edition

and also

How To Be Idle - Hodgkinson, Tom

Thanks for the recs.

Perfect.
If you have the capital you can build up your own little garden eden.
Who gives a shit that hteres nothing around?
You got family, pets, farm animals, big ass garden to tend to etc pp.

Id love it. fuck that urban lifestyle i had to live for all my life.

I just uploaded to google drive too: drive.google.com/file/d/0B0JNubb6phYWTmJDYTlib2lxMVU/view?usp=sharing

Does it cover solar energy etc if it was written in 2008 / 2009?

In Spain, if you wanted to go off the grid like you describe, you'd get taxed so hard that you'd need the average salary just to pay them.

What the fuck can they tax you for, besides property tax?

This image is pretty good too.

But its in south dakota.... i have no idea why i would ever wanna live there...

Fuck off you trap faggot.

>blight, pests, or early frost hits crops
>starve to death

Using solar panels and the right to grow food off the land, some envioremental shit and for working on your own (because you'll need money to pay for all of the above, obviously).

So in total it'd be more than 800€ if you don't go rogue and don't declare any of that and just buy a piece of land and do whatever you want after that.

Americans should repopulate their Caribbean territory, Puerto Rico.

75K and you have a small, solid concrete bunker of a home.

>Using solar panels and the right to grow food off the land
These are taxed? Dafuck

>this home would cost $200k
More like 5k.My work shed beside my house is bigger then that tin can.

>Getting troubled by those things
>In this day and age, with fertilizers and pesticides
Weak tier farming senpai.
You also get foodstamps for situations like that.

>Get flu
>No money or food to exchange for meds
>Die

Does that "house" have a cellar? I seriously doubt that.
Also heating that "house" looks fun...

Charleston WV is a giant garbage dump though

Yup, there's a tax for using solar panels, I don't know the reason. The second one apparently is an envioremental issue since they assume you'll use pesticides or other stuff.

It's shit but here you get taxed for anything that resembles self-suficiency. Probably to dissuade you.

>Get flu
>Lie in your bed and be taken care of by your loves ones
>Get better after few days
It's not that hard as long as you don't have AIDS or HIV. Who gets medicine for flu these days?

Some oil retard bought a McMansion is SD and now he's selling it at a loss because it's in SD

>American
>saving money

I live in Vancouver, Canada.

This house would literally be between $1 million and $1.5 million dollars here.

Im talking about influenza not a fever you dumbfuck

If you are 60+ and get a flu you will probably die without meds
>bloodpoisioning
>cancer
>broken whatever

have fun dying Kasper

75K? No. How about 10K? No? Well keep your bunker

OP, keep on posting, the more you post, the easier it will be to identify you and send your parents some cheese pizza pics

Bog off Chin, there's more to Canada than Hongcouver and Torento.

Residential geothermal is used to maintain a constant temperature in your home, not electricity generation

I know you're talking about influenza you dumb kraut, you think I don't know that.
>But if you're 60+ then you'll die
Probably yeah. Rural life is not without bad sides.
>Cancer
That can't be treated in many cases even in our high tech modern society.
>Broken bones
You might want to go to clinic or a hospital for that, true.

Its nice ive lived there and other states on east coast.

OP here.

Not related to this thread but is anyone here interested in joining my Harry Potter / Hogwarts roleplaying forum?

Serious replies only please. Thanks.

>Winner, SD

I did.
Solar is not worth the $$ though. Better to get a would stove and burn trash.

I'm debating it. My job allows me to make good money working basically anywhere, rather than being tied to a main urban hub or something like that.

This is LARPing, but I've always liked the idea of somehow becoming a subsistence farmer. Or at least having enough property to have a garden and grow a bunch of my own food. Back at my parents' house, they have a garden where they grow tomatoes, squash, etc in the summer. And they have two pear trees in the yard that are good enough to simply walk over and pick/eat the fruit, or use them for baking or anything else. Imagine having your own orchard of various trees and fruits.

house is too big for somewhere to remote, home invasion by travelling niggers or spics would be a worry, legit i probably wouldn't be able to sleep. looks like all the typical "mansions" in horror movies and shit.

i prefer the idea of a smaller house but on a big plot of land.

>All you need is:
>>solar panels

idiot

>why would i ever want to live in a state with lots of conservative white people, not a lot of liberal city dwellers and a booming tech industry

idiot

>forget about getting a cow as they are not land efficient

This is where mini cows come into play

That giant mansion is probably a fucking bitch and a half to heat in the winter. Energy costs through the roof.

Also, I'm not a big fan of the modern meme of big space-inefficient houses. You know, the modern style that came out I'd say in the mid/late 90s, where every house has a large window above the front door where the 2nd floor would be?

There are a ton of reasons for ballooning house costs, but that's one of them. Houses are built bigger and bigger and more and more expensive. I don't want a giant house. Why can't we build bungalows and cape cods and ranchers like we used to in the good old days? Small cozy houses that could still house a family just as well.

Hunting is where the real money is at. Grocery shopping becomes super cheap when you got a freezer full of free meat.
Gardening is more like a full time hobby. takes lots of time and planning.

I'm only 18 so this isn't yet something I've considered, but I have taken some steps to ensure I have a place to go if shit hits the fan. My grandparents own a mountain home in Western NC, and I made sure to get myself a key, despite living eight hours away. If anything really goes down, I should be able to get there in time.

>Also, I'm not a big fan of the modern meme of big space-inefficient houses.

Agreed. I want a house I can literally wear.

I've always wanted to go hunting, but my state is cucked and for all intents and purposes doesn't allow deer hunting. Best I could probably do is shoot a deer that wanders onto my property, maybe.

All I need is a solid Internet connection and close proximity to Costco, I could live at either of these places if that was the case

I can't even guess which state doesn't allow hunting.

Where are you ?

fuck this shitty life. I wish I could own a house far away from urban places

Delaware. It technically does allow hunting, but the laws are fucking retarded. Ton of red tape bullshit to get a hunting license, only allowed to hunt on a select few days of the year, and MY MAIN PROBLEM, is that you aren't even allowed to hunt with a fucking rifle.

You can use a goddamn handgun
You can use a motherfucking BLACK POWDER MUSKET
But god forbid you use your fucking rifle

You can. Just invest your life in Eastern Poland. Unironically.

perennial tubers:

Apios americana
Dioscorea opposita (plus edible air tubers)
Helianthus strumosus
Helianthus tuberosus
Lathyrus tuberosus (plus edible peas)
Stachys sieboldii syn. affinis

perennial vegetables:
Allium ampeloprasum
Allium cepa
Angelica archagelica
Asparagus officinalis
Beta vulgaris subsp. maritima
Brassica oleracea
Chenopodium bonus-henricus
Crambe maritima
Crithmum maritimum
Cynara cardunculus
Foeniculum vulgare
Hablitzia tamnoides
Hemerocallis
Levisticum officinale
Rheum rhabarbarum
Rumex
Smyrnium olusatrum

Doesn't have to be so difficult. And some edible perrenial ground covers such as fragaria Vesca, Cornus canadensis, Alchemilla vulgaris and either use compost, woodchips or grass as mulch and you have a very low maintance source of food. Add fruit and nut tree's, Meat rabbit and/or chickens and your settled.

>Zestimate 60k
>Selling at 20k
Something tells me this house is 3 ants away from being condemned. The outside looks fine but my time house hunting tells me that the inside has some serious shit wrong with it. Like "foundations bowing because those gutters are shit" wrong.

Iktf. The only residential construction I see anymore are McMansion neighborhoods and low income apartment housing.

Exactly. And the biggest problem I have is that these newer houses are built like DOGSHIT. I've seen the way the construction crews slap these things together. They're basically designed to fail after a decade or two, forcing you to either take on major renovations that cost out the ass, or sell and move again, and continue the cycle.

And of course the alternative is to be caged up in a good-goy apartment that's not at all conducive to raising children.

My guess is that the wiring and plumbing was all looted wrecking the walls and damaging critical structural supports; I've been looking for a house in the countryside and all the suspiciously cheap deals typically mean house needs to be torn down and rebuilt because it's been abandoned so long.

Me and the Mrs were looking at places and every place that looked like a deal was just fucking awful.
>Within 2 blocks of all 3 schools
>Off the main road
>3 minutes from church
>Big yard, neighbors were a clean shaven white man, his wife and 2 daughters
>...
>The place hasnt had anyone in it in 2 years
>Previous owners left a fuckhuge fishtank that leaked
>120 gallons leaked all over the floor
>Kitchen, den and 2 bedrooms felt like I was walking on a mattress
>Ceiling was more mold than ceiling
>Yard had no drainage, floods after 1/2 inch of rain

>West Virginia