Why are so many 15-30 year olds into esports? Why does such a thing even exist?

Why are so many 15-30 year olds into esports? Why does such a thing even exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=a9TZoWjmX_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because we wanna know who's the best at everything, like no one ever was.

What I don't understand is why would you go to an arena and have to watch it with binoculars when you could have a better experience in the comfort of your own home

You can ask the same of sports. Why give a fuck how some random person performs at some extremely specific activity?

I have never in my life been remotely interested in sports. It's one of the things I just don't get. People who rattle off ridiculous sports stats about individual players, teams, particular seasons are no different to me than the autists who know every model of train locomotive ever built.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=a9TZoWjmX_Q

This shit is now on sports channels as this "legit" sport. KEK, and they probably still shit on wrestling for being fake. Fuck these beta nerds

Blue and red perfect manipulation

You must be a blast at parties.

>Why does such a thing even exist?
Free market.

Because esports is best digital entertaiment. Viewers can relate to pro players, they can try emulate same thing that pro players do in their game, they can relate what this ex nerd become e-celeb and know earns gozillion dollars. Production value and content surrounding it done by internet people for internet people, while sports done by chads for normies and super boring and ads heavy.

esports is cool

>computer games
>sport

lol no

ESPN unironically gives live coverage to this and competitive eating. What a world.

same can be said of any sport, you poofter or whatever you roo fuckers are on about

Because you don't love your country enough you berniebro.

competitive eating is hype too

Humans are competitive, news at 11!

This pretty much, although I don't play games or watch esports anymore.

>"Hey bro, you want to hear about Bo Jackson who only played for like 3 years because of an injury?"
>"Not really, you told that guy the same thing."

only muslims are against esports

Literally the most annoying thing people say. "Derrr herrr, you must be a blast at parties"

I hope you posted that ironically you fucking nigger

So Chess or Go arent sports?

everyone needs a hobby

like any other sort of competition, people enjoy seeing it performed at the highest level.

It's like how it's really hard to find pro golf interesting unless you play golf a lot.

Video games aren't sports, you autistic shut-in.

In b4: potato etc.

I enjoy the fuck out of watching top level Starcraft Broodwar games.

All the top players in starcraft club when I was in elementary school ended up being the smartest kids from my town... that game might as well be an IQ test

I enjoy CS tournaments because i like seeing players at the highest skill level facing eachother.

I don't understand why you would go to an arena to watch it from long distance if you can just watch from twitch or GOTV

I think esports are a bit different in that logic and tactics only go so far. In a FPS at least the other team can outsmart and outplay you, but you can still win if you're inordinately good at the physical motions required to click on heads etc. I drew this from memory.

I agree. We also need to get rid of chess, poker, darts and curling from being called sports.

What seems silly to me is why MOBA's out of all types of games would become so embraced as eSports.

The only way to enjoy watching someone play a MOBA is if you are familiar with every trait and skill of every character and basically have the mechanics and nuances of the game memorized. And even then it is not that entertaining to watch. Definitely not the right game genre for a casual viewer.

Something like Worms Armageddon would make for a much more entertaining eSports game.

Unfortunately pro CS even at LAN is literally hack vs hack. But it's still fun to watch.
Pretty cool dude
Good point.

less AIDS than actually having to play the games. since i stopped watching tv years ago, esports has been one of the better filler things i watch.

also the competition is still u n c u c k e d. women pretty much can't offer any competition, and the only """"women"""" who have are trannies, who are just men when it comes to playing video games anyway.

Is it better or worse then international tag championships. Thats right. I said tag. As in tag you're it. Was on ESPN recently.

With the new tournaments it's impossible to cheat since they provide the same computer to everyone and you don't get to run scripts or shit.
It's pure skill

Chess and go were never sports. Complex heavily competitive board games are not sports

chess is an olympic sport.

esports makes sense since professional sports is nothing but roided up adults taking children games to extremes.

Yet a mud is in one of the top North American assfaggots teams in the world.

>Why are so many 15-30 year olds into rock concerts? Why does such a thing even exist?

Because it's interesting to watch people perform at the highest level and if you don't understand, it's your problem, gramps.

>chess and go
>complex

Coldzera got caught with a USB plugged into the PC.
Bunch of pros wear hats to hide earpieces.
Some tournaments let players wear bracelets or watches which could have signals to alert them when an enemy is near.

oh here we go, another thing people find enjoyable therefore it's degenerate.

are you retarded? they are basically the most complex games in history. neither of these games have been solved.

only muslims are against esports
i didn’t say all muslims were against esports

Haha, all these cucked amerifags who think the only form of competitive sportsmanship is to watch grown men play with balls.

Shekelberg really got you hooked. I bet you buy all the merchandise for your "team," and brag about their victories like it's your accomplishment. In the end, sports are solely for the purpose of entertainment. If it entertains, people watch it, it makes money and goldenberg gets a paycheck.

who would be alerting them? there is like a 1 minute delay from the broadcast, so it would have to be someone in the audience.

Weichi is basically Ciilization with HD graphics.

>play game that's very hard to be good at
>some people are really good at it
>people like to watch other people being good at things

It's not that hard to understand.

cucked manchild

simracing is ok imo, but csgo/dota/whatfuckingever players and faggots who follow them should off themselves

That's exactly right.

>that smell when you get up from your 12 hour CSGO binge and the combination of ball sweat and swamp ass is knocked loose
>acts like smelling salts and gives you your second wind
>you grab a new 3 liter of mountain dew and make some hot pockets
>ready for another round of training

Yes, I can drive a 1000hp F1 car in my living room

But it is, what use comes as a result of watching or playing loads of video games?

>pro gamers are all fat meme

ITT: "Call me a killjoy, but because I don't enjoy it, I think others should not enjoy it too."

Shit even IdrA is yolked nowadays.
That faggot Destiny tried for a few weeks but was too much of a pussy to keep it up.

Fighting games are the only vidya worth watching. Watching Tokido taunt combo Punk and completely destroy him mentally in SFV was great.

ITT: People who can't tell the difference between Angry Birds and Counter-Strike.

You develop a love for it when you grow up playing it. If you didn't play sports as a kid you are probably a nu-male.

says who potato?

You really can't. Athletics are a celebration of the human physique functioning perfectly. Vidya is a bunch of fat losers clicking buttons in Hermann Miller chairs.

why does soccer exist?

>Somehow people view athletic ability and improving overall health and fitness as degenerate.

Weww , this board sometimes.

How can people not awknowledge your body is the greatest tool you have and just outright ignore personal athletic capability.

BRB gonna go sit on my ass for 5 hours to watch a guy across the world play a video game that I could play, but don't want to because watching someone play it is somehow more entertaining

watching Runescape is schaudenfraude, because you want to see nerds risk everything they have in their ingame possession on risky behavior, then reveling in their failure and loss in the wildy or desert arena.

>posts litteraly the one csgo guy who works out >hes still chubby

pic related. it's you!

In other news, scientists confirm that water is wet. More news tonight at 11.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

>CS
>no cheating

Why even play?

because the free to play business model and low system requirements made LoL extremely accessible, and because lots of people play it, lots of people watch it.

not a single woman in the audience

so much this. isnt pol natsoc and still they defend degenerate nerd behaviour. the irony

I've never enjoyed watching ball sports desu, soccer, football (get triggered eurocucks) and baseball - it all seems so ruley and controlled

sumail isn't not a muslim though

People draw off of energy more or less and being in a large crowd of people creates vasts amounts of energy which the greatest performers, politicians and leaders are able to masterfully orchestrate to deadly effect.

Comedians who might not be funny at home might be hilarious if a crowd is digging it as well, the same thing applies to esports as well.

It's a human thing.

This but unironically.

>play football
>use 1/16th the size of an actual court because youre so out of shape

Best Esport is obviously Counter-Strike. Everyone understands that shit.

>The only way to enjoy watching someone play a MOBA is if you are familiar with every trait and skill of every character and basically have the mechanics and nuances of the game memorized. And even then it is not that entertaining to watch. Definitely not the right game genre for a casual viewer.
The casual viewers is usually a casual player as well. All he needs to think he's following closely and that he has a perfect understanding of what's happening is to know which team just killed an enemy player or took out a boss.

virgins.

now the nerds get to play QB