Fake news website created to test Trump supporters' gullibility reveals they will believe anything

>Despite aiming to write stories no-one would believe, James McDaniel found Trump supporters who believed that Barack Obama had been plotting a coup from a secret bunker near the White House, and that the British singer Adele had demanded he be jailed for such treachery.

>He decided to come clean after seeing the furious, unquestioning reaction when he falsely alleged that actress Whoopi Goldberg had said Carryn Owens, the widow of a dead US serviceman, had been “just looking for attention” when she attended Donald Trump’s speech to Congress.

>“When I started this site I had no idea that the stories would garner this much attention.

>“While writing them, I was aiming for stories that no one would believe, but rather would be satirical in an age where disinformation is so prevalent.

>“Just for fun, I decided to post some of the stories in Trump fan groups on Facebook to see the reactions.

>“To my surprise, the Trump masses embraced my stories as fact, almost universally. It seemed that there wasn’t anything I could write that was too wild or outrageous to be believed by this particular audience.

>“If I wrote about CNN being fake news and connected to ISIS, readers would agree wholeheartedly with my fabricated article. If I wrote about a black liberal or Obama supposedly saying something controversial, the response was unbridled racism and hatred. When I wrote about Hillary Clinton’s new emails that proved she was a child sacrificing maniac, people screamed for her head.”

>Writing after Mr Trump has himself accused mainstream media outlets including CNN of being “fake news” and “enemies of the people”, he added: “It’s truly a frightening time when a group of people screaming, “FAKE NEWS!” at the top of their lungs, live, eat and sleep falsehoods.”

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fake-news-donald-trump-supporters-gullible-believe-anything-barack-obama-paedophile-hillary-clinton-a7623441.html

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/9awN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Archived that for you archive.is/9awN0

>James McDaniel's website claimed Barack Obama was plotting a coup from a secret bunker and Hillary Clinton was a child-sacrificing maniac. The site got more than one million views within two weeks, and hundreds of thousands of likes and shares
It's true though. Maybe he's not in a literal bunker but still.

>over half of liberals want to take in refugees from Agrabah

Surprisingly if you tell somebody something is true they take it to be true at first glance because they make the charitable assumption the person telling them the stuff isn't a manipulative psyco leftist trapped in a saltmine

CNN spent months telling the left that Trump was Russia's Manchurian president. The retards believed it and a congressman got shot because of it. This fag needs to cool his jets with the gullibility tripe.

hate to break it to you m8, but you're a moron. No one intelligent takes anything anyone says as truth blindly. the fact you don't know that shows me how stupid you are, that you dont even realize that what you said is moronic

>Fake news website created

Wasn't
CNN created years go?

I'm sure we could replicate the same thing with anti Trump claims and an audience that disliked him.

I've been telling you these right wing retards are the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.

Classis psyop 9/11.

Do not reply to Obama leaf guys, this guy will sperg out.

North america waking up

Liberals believe blacks are equal to whites and they think we're the stupid ones

Thank you based Norwaybro.

Pol has done this loads of times already

So tribalism? And water is wet.

Yes we will believe anything that's why they're scared. We'll even believe the truth about them.

it's afraid

Yournewswire is a fake news site that keeps getting posted on Sup Forums.

BG Kumbi kind of proved this guy right recently.

This is deeply ironic considering about 95% of mainstream media is nothing but pure propaganda that's blatant lies and a large portion of the population totally believe it.