Do you miss the feel of the early-mid 2000s, Sup Forums?

Do you miss the feel of the early-mid 2000s, Sup Forums?

People seem to think things when to shit after 9/11 but I think things from Late 2001-2006 were still fantastic. It was 2007 with the iPhone, Great Recession, social media, Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit booming in traffic, the fucking Big Bang Theory, etc. where things truly went downhill.

Nostalgia to such an extreme extent is for losers and old people.

What is it with the hard on for nostalgia these days?

HOLY SHIT YESSS

>I think things from Late 2001-2006 were still fantastic.

>t. born in 1996

The advances in trap technology since then make it hard for me to agree with this sentiment.

Definitely man

btw when we gettin pagan flags?

> Late 2001-2006

>late 2001

But i've talked to people who were in high school at the time and even they say it was great. It's not just childhood nostalgia

This site has a ton of people in their late 20s/early 30s and that's the first time nostalgiafaggotry starts hitting you

Sure to some extent. But like all nostalgia, you cherry pick all the good parts and forget the bad. Early-mid 2000s was peak-cuck in terms of a lot of social issues. Sure a lot of it wasn't implemented into law or pushed as hard, but you see open blowback on it now that you never did.

I graduated high school in 07 and almost immediately went overseas for eight years with the military.

When I came back, it was like everything was gone.

Every generation has said that since the beginning of time.

how can you not be uncomfortable from all that duct tape?

y2k new years night was amazing. The power grid did not go down, but w/e. There was no meme magic at the time except possibly Katz and Newgrounds. I am still pissed that WON shut down, but I understand why. I miss "Green" steam with no frills/bullshit. Halo lan parties were 100% balling.

My son and I are playing Halo again co-op. My buddy thinks I am nuts, but we just got a 360. I had one in the box from 4 years ago. Co-op story mode with my teenage kid who hasn't played #1 has brought back plenty of memories, and given me quite few more.

bump

I wonder why nostalgia is so popular these days. It's a real mystery.

It's this nigger who ruined everything

Yep fuck soulja

I don't know about fantastic but the Internet seemed more interesting. It was fun talking to strangers on message boards. Talking to strangers on Facebook is awkward. I mean it's not like we couldn't just start making and posting on message boards and chat rooms again, we just aren't.

Iphones are a disease. Social media is a virus.

I miss the music but most of the movies where god aweful and the internet was shitty

I miss my CS 1.6 LAN parties :(

>tfw will never relive 1999

Kill me.

>says nostalgia is for losers
>johnny reb flag
dat dissonance doe

Sucks more that chatrooms are dead entirely.

No more AOL Chat, no more Yahoo Chat, no more MSN Chat: all dead and replaced with Facebook.

Underrated

pretty much when normies flooded the internet cuz they all got cell phones..that was the beginning of the end

what you fail to realize is that the south will rise again, and thus flying the confederate flag is a form of futurism and not nostalgia.

I remember taking a 3-year break from the regular internet after 2007.

Getting online back then required at least a lower middle class income and an average education level. Now even homeless bums living under highway bridges can post online from their cardboard box.

>Millenial faggot talking about this shit

Fuck off, go play angry birds

Is Adam Lanza training via CS 1.6 for his shooting?

You are most likely a millennial fucking faggot leaf

>Authors William Strauss and Neil Howe are widely credited with naming the Millennials.[1] They coined the term in 1987, around the time children born in 1982 were entering preschool, and the media were first identifying their prospective link to the new millennium as the high school graduating class of 2000.[2] They wrote about the cohort in their books Generations: The History of America's Future, 1584 to 2069 (1991)[3] and Millennials Rising: The Next Great Generation (2000).[2]

I miss 2009-2011, when MDPV was still widely available.

The main reason for this is that social media obligates you, if not forces you to use your real name. Your real identity, coming face to face with a stranger, is a situation in which you would feel more cautious, usually. Message boards are still around, but aren't used as widely as during the 2000s, and early part of this decade.

CS 1.6 is objectively toppest game of all time

Newsflash: everything was better when you were a teenager and had zero responsibilities

Mall goth days where the best. Best music as well! Daoc and early wow also.

by 2009 I moved permanently to Sup Forums because literally everywhere else I went was gone or ruined..the net is currently very lonely compared to what is was..in my case anyway..and I fuckin hate jewbook

Fuck no. Early 2000's was a cultural wasteland.

> People seem to think things when to shit after 9/11 but I think things from Late 2001-2006 were still fantastic. It was 2007 with the iPhone, Great Recession, social media, Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit booming in traffic, the fucking Big Bang Theory, etc

Those were the things leading up to the tipping point, the tipping point was 2009 or literally what felt like all around, the worst fucking year ever.

The worst thing about the 2000s was how all the britfags renamed them the noughties when 2010 rolled around

Video games were still pretty decent until achievements and trophies and the like. Early Steam was cool before all the indie hipster bloat. No Gamergate shit either. Time Spiral Block in Magic is probably my favorite set. In general, everything "fun" kinda went downhill for me starting in 2008 or so. I also started college then, so there's that.

It's not all nostalgia goggles, but I think all the coolness of life comes from other sources now. There are plenty of goofy podcasts, tech is way cheaper, etc.

I will admit I prefer Diablo III to Diablo II though, but only because I'm not much of a PVP guy.

i miss when facebook was only white men who owned property

If they're going to call them that, they might as well go all the way and make it The Naughties.

cs1.5 was the shit

This. It's easy to look back at the early 90's and say, "Man, that was society's peak. We had it all figured out," because the early 90's for me was industrial music, video games, and zero responsibility. It was nice not having cell phones and social media, but if I had worked through it instead of partying every day it would have been just another shit era.

just crying for your youth back?

The 90s was the era of Chads and ravers.

Isn't it so sad to know that Jeep Brah and Techno Viking are now elderly?

I will always miss the playstation 1 loading sound, and the n64 controller.

I'll always miss how asian-mixed 'julia' opened her legs and pointed at her crotch to tease me. I wish I tapped that

*wrong PS generation

bump

I strongly disagree

desu senpai society was better off without cellphones and social media in many ways.

Lol the kid taped to the ceiling

Born in 1990, I agree

I'm guessing old dixie had a bad childhood... or a post-2000 birth.