We can all agree that she deserves to be executed, right?

We can all agree that she deserves to be executed, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/doc/276206526/Michelle-Carter-Texts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That the girl that talked her 'boyfriend' in to killing himself?

Telling him he's a pussy if he doesn't pull through with it?

In that case yes.

>say kys
>go to jail

Is it really that simple? Did she just say kys and that got her in trouble ?
If so then the system in burgerland is fucked up

Telling him to kill himself is fine.
Using his death to make yourself rich after you told him to kill himself isn't.

it was a little worse than that. It wast like she said kys and moved on she methodically coaxed him into it over weeks/months. shes one messed up cunt for sure.

No, she encouraged him pretty hard. It wasn't like she said "kill yourself" and left it at that. She pushed him to go through with it even when he expressed apprehension.

No, she would regularly remind him he had to do it, would ask if he was going to finally do it, and when he got out of the running car she told him to go back in

Absolutely.
By the way what did she do?

Lets look at the facts of the case. Guy was an adult, she was 16, she was on anti depressants. For some reason this adult keeps talking to this 16 year old about how much he wants to kill himself. He has tried to do it multiple times before on his own. The girl keeps telling him he needs help. He won't listen. He keeps talking to this underage girl on anti depressants about his problems for some reason, which no reasonable adult would do. Eventually he convinces her that the best thing for him is to die because he can't be happy. She then starts showing full support for his decision even though she originally told him to get help. When he finally goes through with killing himself like he had been talking about for months, he gets out at the last moment, and she tells him to get back in.
That is the normal response to someone backing out at the last moment of something they had been talking about doing for months. Sometimes people have last minute wishy washy feelings, even though they know what they're doing is what they really want to do,

TLDR: He always wanted to kill himself, and did it. She did nothing wrong and was always doing what she thought was best for him, whether it be trying to get him to get help, or showing support for his decision to kill himself.

irony is i was in a similar situation when a girl that left me had me on a very weak spot and took advantage of it.
it's as if she wanted a personal sacrifice for herself. Some sort of demonic, vampiric pleasure.
Murderous without consequence.

I was so sensitive and subdue that i was even fantasizing of me being with her and other males beign with her. Like a matriarchat with a female and multiple males.
I was very sick. ill. Insane.
And she pressured me into suicide without saying it. very subtle playing me.

At the end of the day I surived but it took me like a daceda or something to get away with the pain.

Today, it's hard for me to say if this girl is guilty or not. Maybe Alexander the Great saying "the strongest" is a good quote.

The weak will die.

In a way I think this girl was weak for pushing a weak male into suicide.
But her weakness isn't a crime.

Actual kill is crime. To actually push the trigger, is a murder. Not persuasion.

The Joker said "what doesn't kill me makes me... stranger."

The boy died. He was weak. Nature washed him away.

I say this with resentment.

>a guy kill himself because of a girl
>wondering, if something of value has been lost

Adult as in 18 and her classmate or is it a random adult male who randomly started talking weirdly about suicide to a random 16 year old girl?

>She did nothing wrong
I totally disagree that she did something wrong. It's obvious she did something wrong, but having been on antidepressants before I know they can lead to psychotic or non emotional feelings and perceptions of reality so I feel bad she chose to coax him into getting back into the car. I think that may be what happened here.

She coaxed him for months and then when he did it, she acted shocked and traumatized to get sympathy and donations.

I would put her in jail for three years without chance of parole and be done with it.

The guy was a faggot but she took shitposting too far. Both are/were terrible people

No. Read the chat logs.

Kill yourself

This.

And there it is.

This

Always good advice.

She looks like a Stranger Things character. They should cast her in.

huh?

>boyfriend was suicidal
>spends months getting him to work up the courage
>he finally decided he's going to do it (after some encouraging)
>he pussies out halfway through and turns to her for help
>she tells him to go back into the running car in his garage
>he isn't sure but she coaxes him enough and he eventually does go back
>finally kills himself

Nah.. She's not responsible for some idiot killing himself.

No matter how you look at it, a suicide is a suicide. You have no obligation to help someone who wants to end their life. Just let them do it and be done nagging on everyone else.

Fuck all you suicidal cunts.

>be the ultimate beta
>gf tells you to kys
>you do it after a few times because to beta to kys
Natural selection, she did a good job getting rid of him from the gene pool

>deserves to be executed
NO wtf
she did humanity a favor by culling her weakling bf so he wouldn't annoy anymore upright citizens
>wah baby i wanna kill myself but im too pussy to do it
fuck

>Adult as in 18 and her classmate

18 and a family friend. They grew up together.

No.

>You have no obligation to help someone who wants to end their life.

That's not the question at hand nor does it fit the facts of the case.

The question is: does cajoling and browbeating someone over an extended period of time, including after they have already had a change of heart in the middle of an attempt, make one culpable in a suicide?

According to the court the answer is yes.

She should be in prison. Don't care if she has a pussy or looks like Cara.

He was a fucking weak little birch. He chose to kill himself. No one forced him to do it

She's a monster physically and mentally.

Needs be hung on the families lawn for all to see.

At multiple points he wanted to back out but this bitch kept pushing him.
Guilty as fuck.

someone photoshop this girl putting her pussy bf in a headlock with the caption "the weak should fear the strong"

>Lets look at the facts of the case
If you were actually a lawyer or a judge and looking at the material facts of the case, the case is open and closed and she is guilty of manslaughter.

It's the rhetorical argument of "he wanted to do it anyway" that will save her from a long sentence (she will still be convicted) and the quality of her legal representation will likely determine the severity of her punishment.

>t. lawfag

Only in America

Poor Fag Justice

The attorney for Michelle Carter said Monday he is unsure whether she will appeal her involuntary manslaughter conviction in the suicide of Conrad Roy III.

Roasties sit on the chair and get toasty

If you're a MAN you don't let some bitch sway you to go as far as kill yourself. No matter what. The guy was human garbage that needed to be removed from the gene pool. He probably wouldn't have reproduced, but at least now he's not wasting anybody else's time or resources

She did nothing wrong, in the end the boyfriend chose to kill himself no matter what in the end you are liable for your own life.

She deserves no more than 5 years in prison with another 5 or so probation

From the videos and testimony she seems very apologetic already. Everyone does stupid shit when they're young.

10 years, she will be out in 7

Then turn around and play the part of a grieving widow and hold a fundraiser to get rich off

And you are a serious cuck if you think that what she did wasn't that evil

>Sup Forums white knighting this hard
I'm disappointed but not suprised.
/thread

This.

Shit Country

No Trail by Jury and she has no desire to appeal. Really?

Also the people saying she will get the harshest possible sentence for involuntary manslaughter in the US (like 20 years or something) are just as dumb as the people saying she will be acquitted

If she gets jail time it will likely be anywhere from 5 to 8 years with the possibility of parole after 1 to 3 -- she may even receive a suspended sentence... in my opinion the most likely scenario is a small suspended prison sentence coupled with a few years probation, some counselling, and maybe some community service oriented towards mental health

All of that said she will still definitely be convicted and she will have voluntary manslaughter on her record for the rest of her life.

He was sitting in the garage running his car to die by carbon monoxide poisoning, got out and told her he was having second thoughts, and she told him to get back in. On top of pushing him to it in the first place.

involuntary manslaughter**

No one forced him into the car the first time or the second time.

>No Trail by Jury and she has no desire to appeal. Really?

One has a choice in a bench or jury trial. If her counsel was at all competent they advised her to take a bench trial because a jury would have deliberated for about five minutes before finding her guilty. At least with a bench trial she had a chance.

She would probably lose on appeal anyway.

How stupid are you?

isnt she technically a minor though?

I see your point but what about people who run scams that involve people voluntarily giving up money under false or mislead pretenses? The scammer is held liable correct?

This is similar except with suicide. However I think she should get a light sentence.

that analogy differs quite a bit from what actually happened but i see your point

>How stupid are you?

The question is how fucking stupid are you?

Do you really think a jury is going to be sympathetic to her? A jury that is, after jury selection, likely to be made up of parents who would see the defendant as someone capable of having a hand in the suicide of their own child?

Are you fucking retarded or are you just ignorant?

I think you have spent too much time sucking your cousins dick

So the Judge has repeatedly ruled against her and yet she decides to waive her trial by Jury and now she wants to waive her right to Appeal.

I wonder if the Pro Bono lawyer works this hard on paying clients.

Just goes to show you it pays to be a relative of the Prosecutor.

Go Kill Yourself
The World will be a better place

>So the Judge has repeatedly ruled against her

Yes. A jury would have came to the same conclusion but more quickly. Against the bench her counsel at least had the chance.

>and yet she decides to waive her trial by Jury

Her counsel likely advised her to for the above reason.

> and now she wants to waive her right to Appeal.

Because she's likely to lose. Because an appeal goes to the appellate court which only questions issues of procedural law not the facts of the case and is presided over by a panel of judges.

At least take a fucking high school level civics class you dunce.

Seriously, Go Kill Yourself

You Won't be missed.

Is what she did morally wrong?: Yes

Should what she did be legally wrong?: No, except for the profiteering part

Guys at the end of the day, he could have easily put down the phone and got out of his car. No one shoved him in the truck and made him kill himself, he did it on his own volition. Sure it may of seemed that he was ify about it on the text messages, but that's what most suicidal people's thoughts are like before they kill themselves. There's a slippery slope and this will most likely bring some internet censorship down on our Massachusetts friends.

So are you retarded or ignorant?

>being this mad
>over his imaginary waifu
you dont even know her user please calm down

kys

WTF

In every suicide case you can find someone to blame.

In this case the Dad liked to use his fist and the police repeated came the house and did nothing. Now the Dad is set for a nice payday.

Are you still here, I told you to go kill yourself

We are next, you fucking retard. Did you think a (((judge))) invented "cyber murder" because she cares about depressed pussies? It's part of a coordinated effort to outlaw freedom of speech. When the cops kick down your door for committing "cyber murder" on Sup Forums, remember. You asked for it.

Which is it? Retardation or gross ignorance about how the courts work?

So? If someone is suicidal, they will kill themselves and no one can stop that. Anything or anyone can trigger a suicidal person to fucking snap.

Does this mean that since you caught some maniac on a bad day and told them to kill themselves that you should be accountable for what they do with their bodies? The answer is no.

Go Kill yourself Loser

Please, for the sake of yourself go get an education so you can at least not make yourself look like an ignorant cunt going forward.

Go Kill Yourself, Your Life is Shit

This is the rhetorical argument that will win her a lesser sentence but it is not enough to win her an acquittal.

Everything she did can and will be considered to have been encouragement to commit suicide. This is a contentious issue but what isn't contentious is "providing [someone] with the means to commit suicide" which is not only limited to supplying the device or method of suicide but also the instruction of exactly how to do so (this is how they got Kavorkian and other doctors who engage in doctor assisted suicide). This is what will ultimately lead to her conviction. The nail in the coffin is the following text:

>Yeah, it will work. If you emit 3200 ppm of it for five or ten minutes you will die within a half hour. You lose consciousness with no pain. You just fall asleep and die. You can also just take a hose and run that from the exhaust pipe to the rear window in your car and seal it with duct tape and shirts, so it can't escape. You will die within, like, 20 or 30 minutes pain free.

You can read the entire transcript here: scribd.com/doc/276206526/Michelle-Carter-Texts

She also repeatedly told him where and when to do it, she employed extremely manipulative tactics to keep him from speaking to his family about his acute suicidal thoughts (ostensibly to prevent them from being able to prevent his death) and also routinely made him feel guilty for not committing suicide.

It is a nuanced case and she was a minor at the time that this took place but anyone who thinks she is going to get off the hook free and easy is out of their mind. She will not get 20 years but she will certainly be convicted.

He wanted to kill himself for a reason, has user ever figured out why he wanted to die?

>Your Life is Shit

This projection isn't healthy user. My life is actually pretty sweet. Your life can be too if you get an education.

I told you to go kill yourself

Another important issue is the fact that immediately prior to his suicide he spoke with her on the phone twice, each time for roughly 45 minutes. This indicates that she spent 1.5 hours essentially talking him into doing it AFTER he had directly expressed to her his doubts and concerns -- at BEST you can consider this criminal negligence which people are often tried and convicted for.

Can we all agree that she is at least a 7/10 though

>Do you really think a jury is going to be sympathetic to her?

Yes. Was that suppose to be a hard question? It wasn't. All it takes is one old man with common sense to say what everyone else is thinking. 'This trial is fucking retarded.'

For fucks sake. The Founding Fathers made juries a right for a reason. You will get no justice from wannabe kings and queens wearing robes.

Hard to say

I think she is chubby when she is not on meds

So are you going to go down to your local community college and take a class on judicial process? Honestly, it will help you avoid looking like an idiot in the future. Especially if you make these retarded statements to people in person.

It does keep getting better. First she wants no Jury and now she wants no Appeal.

Sucks to be a poor fag in America

Look, try and pay attention, go fucking kill yourself now.

I think if she had dark hair she would look like Maisie Williams

Average on a good day, straight up troll on a bad day. She won't age well and I get the feeling that any looks she might have will fade especially fast

Don't be this mad, now you can send her love letters and maybe you will become her prison-wife

Unlikely

>Yes.

You would be wrong.

>All it takes is one old man with common sense to say what everyone else is thinking.

That "old man with common sense" wouldn't have made it through jury selection. You are aware that jury selection is a thing, correct?

The prosecution would have fought as hard as possible to have as many parents with young sons on that jury as possible.

>The Founding Fathers made juries a right for a reason.

Yes, because in some cases juries are the correct path for a criminal defendant. But that's a question of the charges and the jurisdiction. Some jurisdictions lean heavily towards being pro defendant and some lean heavily towards being pro prosecution.

All of these are considerations for the prosecution and defense counsel. Given the circumstances the defense likely advised the defendant to waive her right to a jury trial and take a bench trial because, depending on the jurisdiction, she could have been in a heavily pro prosecution environment. And that would have only been compounded during jury selection.

>You will get no justice from wannabe kings and queens wearing robes.

She likely had a better chance with a bench trial given the facts of the case. The jury was likely a 100% chance for conviction.

>She likely had a better chance with a bench trial given the facts of the case.

Wrong. Never, ever trust you life to a fucking judge. Picture related. That is the current state of our jewdicial system.

Why are you still here, I told you to go kill yourself.

nobody made that beta faggot kill himself lmao get natural selected wimp

So you also have no idea how the judicial system actually works.

Are you and life partners?

She won't look as nice in a prison jumpsuit

This
Underrated Post

The Government had witnesses who said she sent the text, however, the witnesses also did not call 911

You said words could make people commit suicide, I have told you repeated to kill yourself.

You should die

>You said words could make people commit suicide

This is a gross simplification of the facts of the case.

If you were the defense counsel you would be held in contempt and when you posted bail then disbarred.

She should be sentenced to being my gf for a period of no less than 5 years

Please Hero live on Facebook and give me credit

>you also have no idea how the judicial system actually works

Last year I was on the jury of a double kidnapping and murder trial. The evidence was overwhelming and it should have been an open and shut case. But there were two squeamish jurors that still had to be convinced. It took two days of heated arguments. This was a horrific double murder.

I can only imagine how divided the jury would be on a "cyber bullying" garbage case. Something that would have been laughed at only a decade ago, when people still had brains.

>life partners

You have no argument whatsoever. You are pathetic.

>huh?
>I type like a fucking retard
Kys