Marijuana

Well, I'm talking to this person online who is older than me. He states that marijuana has many negative effects to humans who are 18+. He also says that trusted doctors aren't completely correct even though there have been multiple studies on this topic. I've told him how there have been no deaths from simple marijuana, but of course he has to be whiny and say that isn't true of course. So, what are your thoughts on this topic, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/OQfhL
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Haha, he just responded, "(blanked-for-praivacy): lol but you said trusted doctors and evidence with sources are incorrect" Well, look's like he's not listening to me. I've stated how I've gotten information from first hand sources such as trusted doctors. He's been sending me links over this chat. He says that all of them are from trusted sources even though they were made by bias creators. I honestly find it comedic that he believes everything on the internet.

If you are younger than ~25, do not use marijuana. It /will/ stunt the development of your brain permanently. OTOH, if you're over 25, smoking weed a couple of times a month (WITHOUT mixing it with tobacco) has many health benefits, including, ironically, improving lung function.

Fuck off you hippies
I hope they legalize dope and corporations turn it all into watered down, cheap shlock just like they did with beer

Thank you very much for the clarification on age. I had forgotten and of course I'm not smart so I use 18 as a normal start for everything, hah. But yeah, he's saying that even if you're of age it's bad for you, which I know is bullshit.

let's put crack in the water supply

>So, what are your thoughts on this topic, Sup Forums?
Smoke, don't smoke, it's your life. I will say this though, as someone who does smoke: Keep it private and don't buy into the weed culture, it's total shit.

Also, don't smoke if you can't afford it. It's a relatively cheap drug, but it adds up quickly.

user QfvrinEh is the person who I am talking to over chat. Obviously he has no problem with straying away from this topic so if you'd like to send messages targeted towards him, feel free.

Much like penicillin, one man's medicine is another man's poison. There are no absolutes.

user jy1UnNUJ, well yes of course it's quite expensive, but I'm talking on the topic of it's effects and what it does to the human body and such.

I don't smoke weed or sess

Cause it's known to give a brother brain damage

And brain damage on the mic don't manage

Nothing

But making a sucker and you equal

Don't be another sequel

why do i get bullied and slandered ;-;

Any drug that alters your state of mind is potentially dangerous. And the recreational use of it is usually a sign that you aren't intelligent enough to do anything more engaging or thought provoking for entertainment. Basically, smoking weed makes you look stupid.
>nb4 muh social stigma oppreshun
Get over yourself. Live with the consequences of your choices.

user QfvrinEh, It's not slander. I am stating what you have said, even including direct quotes. And you're not being bullied or harassed in any way, people are just stating their thoughts.

Its medicine which is why this psychedelic is considered the sacrament in Saivism.

I started at 12 and had a 160 IQ at 18.

My ex started at 9 and she's retarded.

user Lpw+IvIH, yes recreational marijuana isn't an amazing thing to be focusing on, but it's not harming anyone. While it does alter the state of mind, if you have someone there with you that's sober you should be fine.

Extracting THC is easy everyone would just buy the cheap shit then do dabs all day.

What the fuck is your problem retard

/thread

>So, what are your thoughts on this topic, Sup Forums?
tell him this

>Daily Dose Of Cannabis May Protect And Heal The Brain From Effects Of Aging
archive.fo/OQfhL

Cannabis is NOT good for young developing brains, not extremely harmful like huffing paint but it does tend to stunt some development. The effects on the mature and aging brain is another matter entirely. The Us government's patent #6630507 is for the protective qualities
>Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia.
>pic related

Same shit happened in brazil back in the 1970s
Ayahuasca was a menace, tradtional churches were using the jungle juice and nobody was any worse for wear. UN pressures the government to crack down on it, government does not want to go dictatorship so they send in a body to investigate and find it does not lead to social degeneracy. So currently you have 2 legal positions on something that has been used for 10,000 years ...Legal, yes, as long as it is not profitable. Can the natives sell it: only at cost as long as they don't profit

WTF

I refuse to not believe my own anecdotal evidence.

1. weed turned my father schizophrenic. You can say this "only brought out schizoprehnia that would've happened anyway", but no one else in his family ever became schizophrenic. My mother also knows someone who became schizophrenic from smoking weed and his twin brother never became schizoprehnic in his entire lifetime. My father shaved his hair bald, he became deeply religious and walked round with a giant cross on, he started attending "meetings" under some bridge where he claimed people were leaving secret messages for him. He went completely delusional permanently and later killed himself.

2. my housemate's brother became schizophrenic from weed. My housemate still smokes. He is a virgin at 25.

3. my ex used to smoke all the time, she would become extremely agitated, anything that distracted her would get her very full of hatred. I won't say like.. angry and active because she was stoned but she'd become deeply malicious in a way she never was sober.

4. My other housemate started dealing and smoking loads, he attempted suicide. Afterwards he gave up and has been fine since

5. My ex housemate smoked a lot and eventually started to believe that people could hear his thoughts when he thought about them. He left our house in the middle of the night one night without paying rent and just vanished. He became a recluse and wouldn't leave his house for like 6 months and then gave up and decided not to smoke again.

6. I run a small business. In my industry I don't know anyone successful who smokes weed. Everyone with drive and motivation that I know is mostly sober with occasional drinking at worst.

When people say weed has no negative effects, I don't care what biased studies they show me - the fact that almost everyone I know who smokes weed has had their life become shitter from it is enough for me to disregard any study that claims it's good.

It also stinks, I went to SF and it reeks of it.

user 9iQOaxrU, while yes those things are terrible, I don't think that it's all marijuana's fault. A lot of this sounds like it was used with other substances to cause a negative effect, but of course I could be wrong. It also may have been because of the mental state of the people you've stated. With your father, I'm not too sure about that. Was he completely healthy? And how old was your father at the time he started and stopped(if he did)?

He started at around 45-46, he stopped at 54 when he killed himself.

My housemate who nearly killed himself was definitely only smoking weed. He used to take MD but not the year he was dealing.

The one who became a recluse was only smoking weed and doesn't like naything else.

Same with my housemate's brother, though he was a teenager when it happened to him and no one seems to disagree that weed affects young people.

user 9iQOaxrU, hmm I find this quite strange. There has to be something about the marijuana that caused this. It could've been your fathers health, or maybe he bought marijuana that was laced with something but of course I can't be completely sure. And the thing about "no one seems to disagree that weed affects young people," of course no one disagrees with that. Weed is known to make a large impact on children and teens.

I guess it's a good thing we can grow hemp (the same thing as cannabis without THC). Keep dreaming, hippie.

Every stoner I know is always like HMM IT MUST BE SOMETHING ELSE apart from my housemate whose brother went schizoprehnic so he's lived it and knows it (but still smokes regardless).

It's literally not anything else. Especially with the attempted suicide of my friend and my other ex housemate who became a paranoid recluse. I spoke to both of them in depth and they both told me it was just the weed. And my ex openly admits that weed turns her into an asshole.

This

Here's a quote from my friend that shall remain anonymous for reasons of safety and respect. " they are all making good points but the only thing is that getting high doesn’t make you crazy like someone who’s drunk, yes, you can do stupid things like drive while high and such, but most of the time you just get hungry and want to stay home and watch tv, not saying its not possible for someone to do stupid things on a drug that alters your state of mind, but in states that have legalized recreational use crime rate has gone down significantly because everyone just wants to sit at home and get high lmfao "

Smoking weed caused me to experience a psychosis, where I hallucinated threats and jumped out of a window, broke my feet, I can't do leg exercises or walk long distances because my feet start to hurt now.
Also I slowly started getting symptoms of schizophrenia.
Cannabis isn't as safe as some people in media would like you to believe.
I'd seriously rather do LSD.

Hearing all of these stories are starting to show me more. I believe all of them, of course. I think that it might be due to the person. Anyone that is considering using marijuana should check with a doctor before they start. A lot of the experience differs from person to person. Some people are okay with it, some aren't.

Marijuanna is very dangerous, but all the dangers are kept secret by the illuminati

Risk/reward
Who gives a fuck
Legalize it

There's most chemicals in the combustion of a marihuana "joint" than there is in a cigarette.

*More

More chemicals equal death or better tolerance

Why aren't you drinking bleach then?

If I was drinking bleach, would you care?

is a drug and should be respected and taken serious, abuse can be psicologically dangerous

user v653TbTz, would anyone really?

Well I guess here we are then. Bleach is legal and pot gets me high but some fag on the internet thinks it's his right to say it's not my right to toke up. Fuck off dickgagger

>Smoking weed caused me to experience a psychosis
>I'd seriously rather do LSD.

You've done synthetic ergoid hallucinogens, but it was DEFINITELY the cannabinoid receptor agonist that caused your mental illness.

Jeez buddy

user v653TbTz, Was this directed towards me? Because I'm totally for people smoking marijuana for recreational and medical purposes.

The psychosis happened while under the influence of cannabis.
I'm not saying that LSD doesn't have the potential to affect your mind in destructive ways, but that weed had a stronger effect on me.
I started using LSD and psilocybin like a year before I even tried weed. LSD and psilocybin had a strangely more grounded effect, they didn't inhibit my judgment as weed did, but they still did some fucky shit to my head.

Needless to say, I don't do any drugs now.

i'm more curious how the "420" thing started, which happens to be Hitler's birthday.

user Lx9/6Yn9, The Columbine shooting also happened on 4/20

>not growing your own

You'd have to be a literal moron to pay for legal weed. They will no doubt charge double the standard street price.

Pros and Cons aside, it should be treated like all recreational drugs.

Use in your down time, when your done your work and looking to relax. Use when you have a good idea what your goals are in life, and you've established a routine to achieve said goals. Always have something to work towards to better yourself, and the drug is only used to reward yourself for working hard.

But obviously, if you can get along without using, then do that instead. There are other ways to satisfy yourself. Find a hobby that keeps you busy and draws you back.